Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Lions protect their young. Thing is though, he hadn't been arrested at that point. He clearly didn't think he was going to be arrested at all, so survival instinct doesn't really cut it here.

Talking of instinct - and I'll leave him out of it because we know what his were - we've yet to see a whiff of Leanna's basic motherly instinct for her son. I'm not as gracious as some in relation to her, I think it was pretty damn awful not one word came from her or any other family member in support of that baby.

I agree 100% with what you've stated. He had no idea that he was going to be arrested after the great show he put on (when he knew he was being recorded) in the interrogation room. I'm guessing he was surprised that a 'grieving father' would be handcuffed at the scene when he was putting on a show there too. That was his first clue that this just wasn't going the way he thought it would. It all went downhill from there for him. Surely at least one juror would believe his story causing a hung jury and a mistrial would be declared----but even that didn't happen.

For a guy that reportedly makes friends with everyone he meets, I just don't think he'll be voted 'most popular' in prison when his roomies find out why he's in prison.

I'm with you on Leanna too. Not feeling the graciousness that almost everyone else is.

Thing is though, he hadn't been arrested at that point. He clearly didn't think he was going to be arrested at all, so survival instinct doesn't really cut it here.

I was referring to the point after he was told he was being charged and was relaying his fears to Leanna.

I did notice something while reviewing video again today that I had missed, although I'm not sure which way it moves the needle. He talks with Leanna about arranging for bail, wondering how much that will be for Child Cruelty*, clearly thinking he will be sprung that evening. Shortly later, when Stoddard tells him he's being charged with Murder, he doesn't flinch - he just calmly debates the merits. There is something staggering in seeing a person not go off the rails after being hit with a murder charge out-of-the-blue.

*(I'm surprised Mr. Boring didn't catch that Ross first says "animal.." before correcting to "child cruelty")

I think what's disturbing about this case is that, had RH being able to give a semi-believable performance of a shell-shocked, grieving father at the lunch like he was probably planning to, it's very likely he would've gotten away with it. In this case, I believe that RH fully understands that the longer he waits until his "discovery", the less believable his story becomes. This is why the trip to the car at lunchtime is necessary to him because the timing of discovery would then be more consistent with your average hot-car deaths. After all, a three-hour memory lapse is much easier to accept than going a full eight-hour working day without something to trigger his memory.

This leads to speculations as to why he aborted the lunchtime discovery plan. IMO there's two likely reasons, both equally probable:

1) His friends drove away instead of hanging around to witness his immediate reactions.

I think RH knows that he's not a trained actor and the only acting he can confidently do is to act shocked and broken down. He had to have known that he has no clue how to behave convincingly like a grieving father who just accidentally killed his own child, so he has to limit his actions as much as possible. This is why it's important for him to have people around him at the time of discovery to act as "supporting actors". He needs other people to do things like calling 911 or help get Cooper out of the car, so he can cower at the side and do as little as possible to avoid giving himself away. This is evident from his actions later that day when he drove around with his dead kid in a backseat until he found a place where he was sure help would come right away.

2) Cooper was still alive and he saw him moving through the windows.

Obviously if he caught a glimpse of Cooper moving in the car he had to quickly abort his plans for discovery.

Regardless of the reason, he aborted his plans and quickly improvised to act like he never saw the baby when he went to his car. This IMO is what did him in. He had a plan thought out, but when things didn't go his way, he improvised and gave himself away on camera. NOBODY, at least among those who mattered such as LE or all twelve jurors, believed that he didn't see or realize his baby was still in the car. Keep in mind he didn't just walk past his car but INTERACTED with it by opening a door and throwing something inside. It is clear from what happened during jury deliberations that his inexplicable behavior at lunch solidified their belief that this was an intentional act.

I agree 100% with what you've stated. He had no idea that he was going to be arrested after the great show he put on (when he knew he was being recorded) in the interrogation room. I'm guessing he was surprised that a 'grieving father' would be handcuffed at the scene when he was putting on a show there too. That was his first clue that this just wasn't going the way he thought it would. It all went downhill from there for him. Surely at least one juror would believe his story causing a hung jury and a mistrial would be declared----but even that didn't happen.

For a guy that reportedly makes friends with everyone he meets, I just don't think he'll be voted 'most popular' in prison when his roomies find out why he's in prison.

I'm with you on Leanna too. Not feeling the graciousness that almost everyone else is.

He actually reminds me a little of Jodi Arias. But, a more naive version. His sole focus is on his own self centered needs. He's so shallow and self serving to the very end. Nothing is more important than his own desires. And his narcissism forbids him to be humbled, or ashamed of his conniving, devious act of murder. Yet he's so arrogant that he's beyond naive... just like Arias. To the point that he actually believed he was smarter than everyone else to the point that he could pull it off. Is he the epitome of an oxymoron? Whatever it is, he's so pathetic, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Cry, yes, for sweet innocent baby Cooper. :cry:

All I can tell you is that if I did this by accident that judge would have broken her gavel trying to get order in the court. I would be screaming my innocence non stop

This is my first post for Cooper since the verdict was read. We all become embedded in certain cases for different reasons. I fell Big Time for Cooper, especially after seeing an image of him at the Braves game. It is something he will never do again. At the time, I had no idea that his biological father sent that precious picture to a prostitute.

Cooper was the cutest little fellow who died in the most horrible of conditions known to the depraved heart. I've mourned on his behalf and can finally place this case in the Closed with a Felony Conviction file within my heart.

From experiencing these missing persons, murder investigations, and trials much is learned. These killers live among us and although none of us could have saved Cooper from the actions of his wicked father, I'll always wonder if his mother could have done something differently.

This is my first post for Cooper since the verdict was read. We all become embedded in certain cases for different reasons. I fell Big Time for Cooper, especially after seeing an image of him at the Braves game. It is something he will never do again. At the time, I had no idea that his biological father sent that precious picture to a prostitute.

Cooper was the cutest little fellow who died in the most horrible of conditions known to the depraved heart. I've mourned on his behalf and can finally place this case in the Closed with a Felony Conviction file within my heart.

From experiencing these missing persons, murder investigations, and trials much is learned. These killers live among us and although none of us could have saved Cooper from the actions of his wicked father, I'll always wonder if his mother could have done something differently.

Re: bolded: Same here. I will always wonder if she could have done something differently. And I will always wonder about her.

He actually reminds me a little of Jodi Arias. But, a more naive version. His sole focus is on his own self centered needs. He's so shallow and self serving to the very end. Nothing is more important than his own desires. And his narcissism forbids him to be humbled, or ashamed of his conniving, devious act of murder. Yet he's so arrogant that he's beyond naive... just like Arias. To the point that he actually believed he was smarter than everyone else to the point that he could pull it off. Is he the epitome of an oxymoron? Whatever it is, he's so pathetic, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Cry, yes, for sweet innocent baby Cooper. :cry:

BBM. Wow, I'm on the wrong thread- I thought you were describing Derick Ion Almena, the illegal renter in the Oakland Warehouse Fire. He's just as narcisstic!.

BBM. Wow, I'm on the wrong thread- I thought you were describing Derick Ion Almena, the illegal renter in the Oakland Warehouse Fire. He's just as narcisstic!.

There's a reason that personality type is referenced on this site constantly......

I think what's disturbing about this case is that, had RH being able to give a semi-believable performance of a shell-shocked, grieving father at the lunch like he was probably planning to, it's very likely he would've gotten away with it. In this case, I believe that RH fully understands that the longer he waits until his "discovery", the less believable his story becomes. This is why the trip to the car at lunchtime is necessary to him because the timing of discovery would then be more consistent with your average hot-car deaths. After all, a three-hour memory lapse is much easier to accept than going a full eight-hour working day without something to trigger his memory.

This leads to speculations as to why he aborted the lunchtime discovery plan. IMO there's two likely reasons, both equally probable:

1) His friends drove away instead of hanging around to witness his immediate reactions.

I think RH knows that he's not a trained actor and the only acting he can confidently do is to act shocked and broken down. He had to have known that he has no clue how to behave convincingly like a grieving father who just accidentally killed his own child, so he has to limit his actions as much as possible. This is why it's important for him to have people around him at the time of discovery to act as "supporting actors". He needs other people to do things like calling 911 or help get Cooper out of the car, so he can cower at the side and do as little as possible to avoid giving himself away. This is evident from his actions later that day when he drove around with his dead kid in a backseat until he found a place where he was sure help would come right away.

Obviously if he caught a glimpse of Cooper moving in the car he had to quickly abort his plans for discovery.

Regardless of the reason, he aborted his plans and quickly improvised to act like he never saw the baby when he went to his car. This IMO is what did him in. He had a plan thought out, but when things didn't go his way, he improvised and gave himself away on camera. NOBODY, at least among those who mattered such as LE or all twelve jurors, believed that he didn't see or realize his baby was still in the car. Keep in mind he didn't just walk past his car but INTERACTED with it by opening a door and throwing something inside. It is clear from what happened during jury deliberations that his inexplicable behavior at lunch solidified their belief that this was an intentional act.

Great argument as I was never convinced about a possible "discovery" at lunch. One reason was because he parked in the shade of the tree. Also, as testimony went, the state's test on the inside temp of the vehicle was skewed by beginning with indoor temp at 62 degrees. I just don't think JRH drove with his vehicle at 62 degrees.
This is why the trip to the car at lunchtime is necessary to him because the timing of discovery would then be more consistent with your average hot-car deaths. After all, a three-hour memory lapse is much easier to accept than going a full eight-hour working day without something to trigger his memory.

This demonstrates just how committed Justin was to killing his only son.

Yes, indeed. Even the Judge mentions the vehicle as an important piece of evidence in her statements during sentencing by saying the jurors got to see how small the vehicle really was and how close Cooper was to the driver's seat. I thought her remarks were strong and well placed without just flat out saying JRH is scum and will die in prison for what horrible things that he put Cooper through that day.

Oh, dear, LinasK. I was on that thread, mainly for gitana, until today when the fire videos were posted this morning. Dying in a fire is one of my greatest fears. Second only to drowning in the ocean. And I'm a certified Scuba Diver!

I had a panic attack while watching the fire ravage the nightclubs' videos though. I am so very sorry for the loss of life in Oakland. It seems those who perished were for Making Peace Not War kind of crowd. Prayers for all victims and their loved ones.

Oh, dear, LinasK. I was on that thread, mainly for gitana, until today when the fire videos were posted this morning. Dying in a fire is one of my greatest fears. Second only to drowning in the ocean. And I'm a certified Scuba Diver!

I had a panic attack while watching the fire ravage the nightclubs' videos though. I am so very sorry for the loss of life in Oakland. It seems those who perished were for Making Peace Not War kind of crowd. Prayers for all victims and their loved ones.

I share your fear of dying in a fire. Always had that fear.

I stupidly made the mistake of watching the video where ISIS burns the guy alive in a cage. Learned a lesson that day. People are right when they say you cant "unsee things" when you choose to watch terrible videos like that.

The only solice I can hope for the victims is I have been told that many times in a fire it is the toxic smoke that knocks down and out a person before the flames ever get to them.

Its so sad to hope that the smoke got to them first. Was watching that news break about that fire and it was horrible.
Prayers for Gitana and her family.

I'm right there with you, even with my background I still have a very hard time conceiving how seemingly ordinary people, especially parents, can carry out such evil acts. I don't care about the DSM-III or IV or .... what is it now? Well, can you tell I'm just a little behind? LOL
But never mind that, the definition and diagnoses of personality disorders and sociopaths don't change much if any if I'm not missing something. I guess my point is that there are some people that can pass themselves off as "normal" . When in fact they are beyond the pale. That's what I have a hard time with. That, and there seems to be an increasing number of them. It's not just hard, it's scary. Especially when they're parents like RH who have a baby boy. It's hard to get over that one. :cry:

Good post. I think you're right on, but it makes me so sick thinking about it. Any man who would do that has to have no heart, no soul, no conscience. Thank God the jury got it right, and he was given the sentence he deserved. IMO

Your number 2 really makes me sick and cry more. I can't even imagine. :tears:

Great argument as I was never convinced about a possible "discovery" at lunch. One reason was because he parked in the shade of the tree. Also, as testimony went, the state's test on the inside temp of the vehicle was skewed by beginning with indoor temp at 62 degrees. I just don't think JRH drove with his vehicle at 62 degrees.

This demonstrates just how committed Justin was to killing his only son.

Yes, indeed. Even the Judge mentions the vehicle as an important piece of evidence in her statements during sentencing by saying the jurors got to see how small the vehicle really was and how close Cooper was to the driver's seat. I thought her remarks were strong and well placed without just flat out saying JRH is scum and will die in prison for what horrible things that he put Cooper through that day.

Agree. That car was too small for him to not see him. And I think this is why the jurors voted guilty on all charges.

And I don't think that Cooper was deceased at lunch time. Or Ross dredded to find him dead at that moment and decided to wait until after work. Idk.

Agree. That car was too small for him to not see him. And I think this is why the jurors voted guilty on all charges.

And I don't think that Cooper was deceased at lunch time. Or Ross dredded to find him dead at that moment and decided to wait until after work. Idk.

I agree on the size of the car and the placement of the car seat. There's no way. How could anyone think he couldn't see his child in the back seat, right after feeding him breakfast?

BTW, can someone tell me what RH's excuse was that he switched the car seat, and put Cooper in the one that was too small and rear facing? I wasn't able to watch the trial so maybe I just missed that little tidbit. I'm just asking because it's been nagging at me for several days and I just can't imagine what his explanation was. TIA

And Dexter, that is so sickening and heartbreaking to think that he actually went to the car at lunch and.... oh, forget it. I do believe it's true though. :tears:

I agree on the size of the car and the placement of the car seat. There's no way. How could anyone think he couldn't see his child in the back seat, right after feeding him breakfast?

BTW, can someone tell me what RH's excuse was that he switched the car seat, and put Cooper in the one that was too small and rear facing? I wasn't able to watch the trial so maybe I just missed that little tidbit. I'm just asking because it's been nagging at me for several days and I just can't imagine what his explanation was. TIA

And Dexter, that is so sickening and heartbreaking to think that he actually went to the car at lunch and.... oh, forget it. I do believe it's true though. :tears:

Sad indeed.

Now I know that the family had 2 car seats. The forward facing big one. And the rear facing smaller one.

Now it was stated that the wife used the bigger one when she took Cooper out of town prior to this happening.

But it seems like the car she drove always had the bigger carseat.

While Ross was just using the smaller one.

Especially if one would drop Cooper off while the other parent would pick him up.

But i don't know for sure.

Items that bother me:

During the interview, I got the impression Ross thought he would answer some questions then go home He was in his friendly talkative "good old boy" persona. Ross IMO thought he could smooze through the preliminary interview and go home.
Even LeeAnna asked the detective "does it have to be like this".

He had an smug attitude, for most of the trial showing little emoton for the what Cooper endured at the hands of his own father.

We aren't talking about theories, but cold hard facts.

The young women were so fortunate to escape any further dealing with this predatory.

His statement of his concern about the uncomfortable toilets and cots were all about him. Those provisions are for criminals and that is exactly what he is. No texting 24/7 and being accountable 24/7 It isn't an easy life.

In essence IMO he thought he would get away with it. Too Bad So Sad. The evidence and his actions proved otherwise. Justice for Cooper prevailed

Sad indeed.

Now I know that the family had 2 car seats. The forward facing big one. And the rear facing smaller one.

Now it was stated that the wife used the bigger one when she took Cooper out of town prior to this happening.

But it seems like the car she drove always had the bigger carseat.

While Ross was just using the smaller one.

Especially if one would drop Cooper off while the other parent would pick him up.

But i don't know for sure.

On a two-income salary, why not buy a 2nd bigger car seat for the other car? Rather than sticking him in one that was obviously too small? IIRC, they aren't that expensive, around $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298