Powell family statements addressing the murder/suicide*merged*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good idea. Delay it indefinitely. In fact, just cancel it. Send me the ashes and I'll flush them down the toilet. Done.

Nothing funny about this incident, but I must admit your post gave me a chuckle. What a Josh Powell is/was. And a coward too. First a POI, then a . LE/CPS dropped the ball on this one, IMO. :maddening:

I just saw this in the news. I think the family needs to keep quiet.

"the Leaches praise Powell for the restraint, patience and dignity they say he displayed during the ordeal, and suggest that he was a man driven to take his own life and the lives of his children:

In our hearts and minds we feel that this family tragedy was set into motion from the beginning due in part to the various questionable government agencies' practices, religious bias, the internet kangaroo courts, and sensationalized news media, all of whom have circumvented the laws that protect all of our rights to due process. We believe that the stewardship of the responsibilities that have been entrusted to those organizations and individuals has been completely compromised. America, this is not only a tragedy, Sunday was a dark day for all of our families."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nat...s-the-victim-driven-to-kill-his-two-sons.html

She really needs to be quiet. Seriously. She might be facing charges herself for refusing to turn over her phone, so she goes on TV and says Josh was "protecting" the boys when he killed them? She has a very warped idea of what "protection" is....

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

She really needs to be quiet. Seriously. She might be facing charges herself for refusing to turn over her phone, so she goes on TV and says Josh was "protecting" the boys when he killed them? She has a very warped idea of what "protection" is....

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.
Once again the Powell family is sounding like Casey Anthony's family with their opposites. Abuse = "Protection", loving (Cox family)="Abuse", killing your child(ren)= "good parent"- from the Powell family dictionary, that is...

You know what, I actually want her to talk more.
I wanted them to remain out of the public eye, but keep talking.
Maybe she will talk so much that she will spill the beans - that is a trend in a lot of cases.

Keep talking AP. Tell the public (that cares to watch,... like LE) everrrrrything.

[EDIT:]

"Josh Powell's Sister Interview"
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/josh-powells-sister-interview-15545562

At 2:54 into this interview, she goes from softly sobbing to super serious at the drop of a hat.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/westboro-baptist-church-stage-anti-gay-protest-pow/nHYhF/
"I have just received confirmation that the Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest my nephews' funeral. This is a horrible, disdainful act that serves no purpose other than to continue the years-long objectification of those little boys. Charlie and Braden were not trophies to be won and paraded around; they were not bait to ferret out 'guilt' in a man; they were not 'evidence' in a 'crime'; and they most certainly arenot political pawns to be used by a church to spread yet more messages of HATE! They are only little boys and they deserve better! I am LIVID that my nephews continue to be used as a tactical maneuver, and I am LIVID that their service will be besmirched by an event a loving God would never approve! Please let my nephews rest in peace!! Hate has taken far too great a toll on us ALL already!--Please, STOP THE HATE!"

I just posted this on the Media Links thread, but I wonder how the Powells will spin this to defend Josh:

Detective: Josh Powell computer depicted parent-child sex

SEATTLE -- A computer in Josh Powell's former home in Utah had animated images that depicted "incestuous" sex between parent and child, Pierce County authorities said, and a state official said the material prompted a judge to order Powell to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation just days before he killed his children and himself.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...osh-powell-computer-depicted-parent-child-sex

As my friends and I used to say in high school, "Gag a maggot."

I just posted this on the Media Links thread, but I wonder how the Powells will spin this to defend Josh:

SEATTLE -- A computer in Josh Powell's former home in Utah had animated images that depicted "incestuous" sex between parent and child, Pierce County authorities said, and a state official said the material prompted a judge to order Powell to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation just days before he killed his children and himself.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...osh-powell-computer-depicted-parent-child-sex

I really suspect he was abused by his dad (or the poor excuse of a man he had for a dad) There are some sick secrets in that family .

Wait a minute - They found this on Josh's computer in 2009 AND they didn't arrest him then? When did the grandparents get custody of the boys? Wasn't it after this? I'm going to have a heart attack... OMG!

WTF:banghead:
If that is true-those boys should have been taken from Josh as soon as that discovery was made!! And they should have never been living in Steve Powell's house either!! I am beside myself!! This is getting beyond insane-this tragedy could have been avoided. The Cox's certainly deserve an explanation why things were handled as they were!!:maddening:

It may not be illegal to have animated images - just as it's not illegal to have video games that depict murder. I don't know this for sure, just speculating.

Maybe that's why we heard earlier that the images were depraved but not illegal.

This family is very practiced at their generational crime.

I've started a thread for discussion about the reports of "incestuous" images.

Dear Lord what a sick and twisted evil bunch these "people" are!!!

Ya this gene pool needs to stop creating. None of us needed more sick bad news. Those poor little boys:(

imho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back