Pre- Trial Hearing - Thurs., 12/11/08 at 9:00 AM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For my fellow WSers who couldn't view the hearing, I am uploading it and will post the link as soon as it is processed. :)

For my fellow WSers who couldn't view the hearing, I am uploading it and will post the link as soon as it is processed. :)

Thanx Patty G. Don't usually get to watch in real time (pesky thing called work, ya know) so I appreciate all your hard work.

Tru-Tv psych expert suggests KC has schizoaffective disorder....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder

Schizoaffective disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis of neurobiological illness. It describes a condition where symptoms of a mood disorder and symptoms of schizophrenia are both present. A person may manifest psychosis or impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly in the form of auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking, as well as discrete manic and/or mixed and/or depressive episodes in the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction. The disorder usually begins in early adulthood although, rarely, it is diagnosed in childhood (prior to age 13). Schizoaffective disorder is more common in women than in men. Despite the greater variety of symptoms, the illness course is more episodic and has an overall more favorable outcome (prognosis) than schizophrenia.

snip

I don't think so.

I heard that as well, though in passing. My suspicion is that's what the 'sidebar' was about, and that he is planning on filing a motion for a change of venue. That (publically) came up when he was talking about filing a written motion around the disclosure, and the judge seemed to add it in there. MOO.

OK So I'm not hearing things. THANKS!

always,

I don't think so either. I sure hope we get to see her psych eval in a doc dump one day though. (Don't think it has been done yet, but Baez has got to try.)

Schizoaffective disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis of neurobiological illness. It describes a condition where symptoms of a mood disorder and symptoms of schizophrenia are both present. A person may manifest psychosis or impairments in the perception or expression of reality, most commonly in the form of auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions or disorganized speech and thinking, as well as discrete manic and/or mixed and/or depressive episodes in the context of significant social or occupational dysfunction. The disorder usually begins in early adulthood although, rarely, it is diagnosed in childhood (prior to age 13). Schizoaffective disorder is more common in women than in men. Despite the greater variety of symptoms, the illness course is more episodic and has an overall more favorable outcome (prognosis) than schizophrenia.

snip

I don't think so.

Nah, I don't think so either.

always,

I don't think so either. I sure hope we get to see her psych eval in a doc dump one day though. (Don't think it has been done yet, but Baez has got to try.)

Nah, I don't think so either.

Psych says "schizoaffective disorder- no remorse, no attachment to your feelings."

I don't see this in the definition at all. Did I miss it?

However, I did find this in the definition of antisocial personality disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

[edit] Diagnostic criteria
Three or more of the following are required:[1]

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.
The antisocial behavior must not occur exclusively during an episode of schizophrenia or a manic episode.[3]

snip

:waitasec:

This ABSOLUTELY sounds like KC.

snip

I don't think so.

Ohhhh so THAT'S it! :rolleyes: Sounds like a terrible disease, let me guess, it's hereditary??? Must be - good job psychs, diagnosed 2 Anthony's at once! OH wait! It must be contagious!...GA and JB have it tooooooo oh no!! What will they ever do? "Impairments in the perception of reality...." hmmmmm

:crazy:

always,

Won't that be the ONE thing not released (prior to trial) due to medical 'privacy' laws?

A summer trial is my worst nightmare (I go to the beach for J&A) so Bozo better be ready to roll by March or else! :bang:

PattyG - I am kinda new here but I have noticed that you are always willing to upload the shows and such for us and I wanted you to know that it is appreciated! Thank you!
:)

Well, Merry Flippin' Christmas, JB! Sounds like you whined your way into March or later while your little helper sits in her cell a little longer...which sounds like will turn into a LOT longer now. (Amazing how you can say those things on tv with a straight face!)

How about you and your little elves get busy paying for the information you asked for already and do your job?! I hear Santa wants his extra 50 lbs. back, too.

Won't that be the ONE thing not released (prior to trial) due to medical 'privacy' laws?

A summer trial is my worst nightmare (I go to the beach for J&A) so Bozo better be ready to roll by March or else! :bang:

Yeah, I know. But I just don't think anything is wrong with the perp other than narcissism and youth. (JMO) Which we would find out at trial when incompetency is not an issue. wink, wink

Psych says "schizoaffective disorder- no remorse, no attachment to your feelings."

I don't see this in the definition at all. Did I miss it?

However, I did find this in the definition of antisocial personality disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

[edit] Diagnostic criteria
Three or more of the following are required:[1]

Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
Reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.
The antisocial behavior must not occur exclusively during an episode of schizophrenia or a manic episode.[3]

snip

:waitasec:

This ABSOLUTELY sounds like KC.

You've hit the nail on the head with this one! :gavel:

LOL- JB better stay off the tv and get busy.

If JB wants to use mantal illness as a contributing factor- it would have to come out sometime.

I do not know if the reports would be kept confidential from the public. Both sides would have experts to testify as to a diagnosis or lack thereof.

Any lawyer types with more info?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee