Prosecutors won't seek death penalty UPDATE Or will they?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there is any evidence to support it being an accident?

I think le will be able to support with evidence that caylee was being drugged and left in the trunk without it causing her death, throw the chrloroform findings in, and that spells accident. This(the chloroform) the prosecution will say made this time different from the other times kc put her in the trunk. jmho.

Do you think there is any evidence to support it being an accident?

I believe that le will be able to prove that kc started drugging caylee at parties, (asleep on the couch through the whole party) so that she could attend. I believe that they will be able to prove that kc escalated to drugging caylee and leaving her in the trunk WITHOUT killing her. You then add the chloroform to the mix (not drugging caylee with it, drugging caylee with the zanax) either being transported in the trunk or spilled in the trunk after being transported, they will be able to prove that this is what was different from when caylee had been in the trunk before, and thats why the event was stated to be anerobic, ( I looked that up cause I didnt know what it meant ) without oxygen, the chloroform caused there to be no oxygen. imho.

sorry for posting twice, not bad enough that I'm computer challenged, but then my computer crashed, good news though, my iron quit working, no iruning clothes today. hahahahahaahahhaha

I believe that le will be able to prove that kc started drugging caylee at parties, (asleep on the couch through the whole party) so that she could attend. I believe that they will be able to prove that kc escalated to drugging caylee and leaving her in the trunk WITHOUT killing her. You then add the chloroform to the mix (not drugging caylee with it, drugging caylee with the zanax) either being transported in the trunk or spilled in the trunk after being transported, they will be able to prove that this is what was different from when caylee had been in the trunk before, and thats why the event was stated to be anerobic, ( I looked that up cause I didnt know what it meant ) without oxygen, the chloroform caused there to be no oxygen. imho.

sorry for posting twice, not bad enough that I'm computer challenged, but then my computer crashed, good news though, my iron quit working, no iruning clothes today. hahahahahaahahhaha

What evidence is there that KC was drugging Caylee?

Am I the only one who would rather see Casey rot away in prison than to be put to sleep? The electric chair is one thing, but just being drugged and killed? Boo....

Am I the only one who would rather see Casey rot away in prison than to be put to sleep? The electric chair is one thing, but just being drugged and killed? Boo....

You are not the only one!

Curious--what is your take on the computer forensics? Because the ID of the person searching for such items has not been admitted to or proven--is this the mechanical detail missing so the jury should dismiss them entirely?

The mechanics of death refers to the way a person dies. For example, in an unlawful killing, a person can be killed by strangulation. The mechanism could be: hands, belt, extension cord, garrote, drapery cord, etc., etc.. Obviously, a death that occurred due to any of these mechanisms would foreclose on the death being a result of simple negligence or accident.

As regards the alleged computer forensics, I've heard nothing that is dispositive of a clear and unyielding intent to murder Caylee. At best, the alleged computer forensics that has been leaked opens the door to various avenues of speculation, but speculation is certainly not inculpatory evidence. Nor are jurors even permitted to speculate.

I wish to see her fade into obscurity. I wish her no ill. I simply wish for her to be forgotten forever.

Wow, leave for awhile and a lot happens. I didn't see any news in Europe about this case at all, so the obscurity already begins.

I can't say that I'm really surprised about this new development although I thought the DA would keep pursuing the DP for a bargaining chip. I'm not disappointed--as I've said before I think Casey needs a good long time to think, at the very least for not calling 911 when it would have been appropriate. I still hope that Caylee is found.

devon,
I truly believe that le will be able to prove that on certain days caylee was supposed to be at the "nanny's", kc was supposed to be at work, and the a's were not babysitting. maybe ca and ga were working, dont know. it may be certain dates in may, maybe june, dont know yet. maybe surveilance video, maybe forensic testing of hair, dont know, maybe other people knew that kc had done this at parties, so she could attend( I do not believe that any of her friends knew about the drugging and leaving in the car) but I bet le has evidence. this is all jmho.

I was checking up on a case from my hometown and it got me to pondering things about this case: my friend's BIL was charged with killing a lady (stabbed and beat her to death) and took something called an "Alford plea". It's a plea where he still maintains his innocence but conceded that prosecution had enough to convict him (DNA, etc). The plea saw his charge of murder reduced to voluntary manslaughter and he was given a 30 yr sentence (he will probably walk sooner). Which leads to my question: is an "Alford plea" observed in Florida? could there be a possibility that Casey could pull off serving time based on legally keeping her innocence but conceding that the state has enough to convict her?

Nope. I would prefer to see her languish in prison the rest of her days. DP is too good for her. I would rather her wish she was dead than be dead.

I was checking up on a case from my hometown and it got me to pondering things about this case: my friend's BIL was charged with killing a lady (stabbed and beat her to death) and took something called an "Alford plea". It's a plea where he still maintains his innocence but conceded that prosecution had enough to convict him (DNA, etc). The plea saw his charge of murder reduced to voluntary manslaughter and he was given a 30 yr sentence (he will probably walk sooner). Which leads to my question: is an "Alford plea" observed in Florida? could there be a possibility that Casey could pull off serving time based on legally keeping her innocence but conceding that the state has enough to convict her?

Yes, she could make an Alford Plea. However, you must look at how this would serve Casey.

Personally, If proven guilty I would prefer Casey Anthony be put to death.
I really don't think spending the rest of her natural life in confinment with
3 square meals, books, sports bra's and a percentage of the public
feeling sorry for her is a proper punishment for the crime she has commited.

Nope. I would prefer to see her languish in prison the rest of her days. DP is too good for her. I would rather her wish she was dead than be dead.
But the reality is, if that were true, you would see a lot of LWOP prisoners fighting to get the DP.
But I think that is very rare. So, that leads me to believe that DP is worse than LWOP.

But the reality is, if that were true, you would see a lot of LWOP prisoners fighting to get the DP.
But I think that is very rare. So, that leads me to believe that DP is worse than LWOP.

But you are assuming those convicted admit guilt. Most maintain their innocence forever. I always think of "Shawshank" when they all say "I'm not guilty - I didn't do it" after Tim Robbin's character proclaims innocence. They won't admit guilt, therefore, won't ask for the DP.

But you are assuming those convicted admit guilt. Most maintain their innocence forever. I always think of "Shawshank" when they all say "I'm not guilty - I didn't do it" after Tim Robbin's character proclaims innocence. They won't admit guilt, therefore, won't ask for the DP.
But if the DP is better than LWOP, which was the statement I responded to, why wouldn't everyone want it? I don't see how guilt or innocence tie in here. I was responding to the comment that LWOP is worse than death.

I personally think KC would suffer far more if she gets LWOP rather than the DP. So personally I would rather see her get LWOP. She can see what it's like to be someone's b^&%$. Her life at home taking care of little Caylee will seem like paradise compared to prison.
I would change my mind if she could suffer the way Caylee did but since that is not possible LWOP will do.

But if the DP is better than LWOP, which was the statement I responded to, why wouldn't everyone want it? I don't see how guilt or innocence tie in here. I was responding to the comment that LWOP is worse than death.

I have never looked at it that way before!! You make a very compelling point!

Logic burnished with gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member