Protestors ask State Atty to file charges against GA

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poki, I am an animal lover and had not thought about the dogs so thank you for calling my attention to it. Do they stay outside? Don't you think that the Anthonys have a responsibility to see that those dogs are kept safe? Regardless of whether the protesters should or shouldn't be there, the fact is they are there and the Anthonys should be adapting to those circumstances. If the dogs are getting harrassed and upset, the Anthonys should take the necessary steps to keep them out of harm's way. JMO

The 2 small purebred dogs, obviously not SPCA material, are very well cared for and they have the run of the house. They were shown jumping all over the furniture during the Greta interview.
I too am an animal lover, but I really think Caylee's well being is where the focus should be.

If that would have been his wife, daughter or mother would he have approved of it?
When people react in anger like he did, they're not thinking of how they would feel if someone else were doing it to them or one of their loved ones. Many of us, myself included, are guilty of sometimes saying or doing things that we probably shouldn't.

My post, however, wasn't arguing anything like that. It was about how, regardless of what camera angle one views, George was not attacking people with a hammer. I've seen a couple of different views of that situation at this point and I'm sticking to my original opinion. He reacted, didn't even think about the hammer in his hand and just wanted these people to stop already.

The 2 small purebred dogs, obviously not SPCA material, are very well cared for and they have the run of the house. They were shown jumping all over the furniture during the Greta interview.
I too am an animal lover, but I really think Caylee's well being is where the focus should be.

Of course Caylee should be the focus. I was simply responding to the poster's issue regarding the dogs. I am glad to hear they have the run of the house and seem to be well cared for.

George did not go after anyone with a hammer; nor did Cindy when she spoke to media awhile back. Lee took the hammer so that it would not be misconstrued as a weapon.
This "feeble elderly lady" hit George when he shoved her. This same "frail" lady is seen prior yelling profanity with a loud husky voice. He should not have laid hands on anyone. Especially since he should expect media, protestors, and bashers to use it for their purpose. If George is arrested, so should the protestors be. Disturbance of Peace and harrassment. stalking. loitering. also, when one instigates a fight and the other person participates -both are charged. If person A shoves or hits person B and person B hits back "in self-defense" they are still charged. I would like to see how LE handles this.
I agree.

George Anthony was not "threatening" with a hammer. He pushed someone while he had a hammer in his hand, much the same way that people drive while holding a cigarette, dial a phone while holding a pen, etc. Regardless of whether or not he should have put his hands on anyone, regardless of whether or not he should have put the hammer down, regardless of whether or not the protestors are justified, he never threatened anyone with a hammer. To say that he was is to perpetuate lies ... isn't that what we're all upset with Casey for doing?

And you're right, beetrue. The "old woman" clearly hit George after he pushed her. Looks like she held her own.

BTW, how old is George?

If the Anthonys did not want the publicity, they would go to a family member or a friend's house. (oh, I forgot, they don't seem to have anyone who wants them around......but... They were offered a "safe house" and they CHOSE to stay there.

They made their bed, now let them lay in it.
They SHOULD be able to stay there ... it's their home! They did nothing to Caylee as far as the evidence shows at this point in time so why should they be run out of their house??? I don't get it! So they can either move or be verbally assaulted every time they walk outside? Hardly seems right.

Ummm, let me think.......oh yea,

BECAUSE THE PERSON THAT KNOWS IS IN THEIR HOUSE!
This is completely broken logic. So you're saying that the one person that knows where Caylee is is living in that house therefore everyone living in that house knows where Casey is? That doesn't equate.

Just saw the video again on Nancy Grace. He did not touch her chest area. He had his left hand on her right arm and his right arm pushed the sign that was in front of her belly/chest.

I saw it differently on Nancy Grace, but will rewatch it at 11pm to be sure. It looked to me like he pushed her all the way back and into the other people and had his right hand on her chest area over that flimsy paper sign. It was right up against her chest. What looked violent to me was that he pushed her back and into people. Lee was violent himself. Somehow the hammer got transferred to (the lady?) and he walked back over and just ripped it out of her hand. I imagine this hurt the person's hand since she was holding the head of the hammer. I also thought the lady slapped at George's arm after he got her pushed all the way and into people and she slightly stumbled. I didn't see her actually slap him though.

Yes, He pushed her quite forcefully in the chest area with the sign in front of her chest. He's my hero. :trout:
The issue being discussed was not whether or not he behaved heroically. It was whether or not he touched her "chest area". That is why I described the situation as it happened in the video and why my post was appropriate to the discussion at the time.

Poor little dogs? OMG....what about poor little Caylee laying in some wet grave? She needs these "people" to get out and find her and give her some dignity and peace.

Yes, the poor little dogs! I agree very much. There is absolutely no need for these people. Caylee most definitely does not need these people. They aren't doing anything, but making themselfs look like idiots! They aren't helping in the least! If they honestly wanted to help, the last thing they would be doing is standing in front of the house screaming like fools! They would be out helping look for her with the people who really care and want to help!

Lynch mob? Instigators? Complete strangers? WOW!

These are some of the same people that are out there putting their time and sweat into searching for Caylee. I can totally understand their anger. Cindy screams "Get off your asses and go look for my grand daughter" while George goes pushing his weight around on defenseless 65+ year old woman. Not to mention he walked into his garage then comes back out screaming "You want a piece of me?"

Yes, I have sorrow for them losing their grand daughter. Losing a child or grand child is a pain no one wants to endure, but they have GOT TO STOP ENABLING CASEY!

Tough love! Simple as that. Yes it's hard, that's why it's called tough. But instead, they justify her lies and cover them up. This has turned into Operation Save Casey. It's disgusting and makes me want to puke in a projectile fashion!

Your post is powerful ~ I totally agree and could not have said it better! :)

I agree.

George Anthony was not "threatening" with a hammer. He pushed someone while he had a hammer in his hand, much the same way that people drive while holding a cigarette, dial a phone while holding a pen, etc. Regardless of whether or not he should have put his hands on anyone, regardless of whether or not he should have put the hammer down, regardless of whether or not the protestors are justified, he never threatened anyone with a hammer. To say that he was is to perpetuate lies ... isn't that what we're all upset with Casey for doing?

And you're right, beetrue. The "old woman" clearly hit George after he pushed her. Looks like she held her own.

BTW, how old is George?

yeah, that lady could probably take a few people down. I bet her bite is worse than her bark.

George is 59 or going on.

I saw it differently on Nancy Grace, but will rewatch it at 11pm to be sure. It looked to me like he pushed her all the way back and into the other people and had his right hand on her chest area over that flimsy paper sign. It was right up against her chest. What looked violent to me was that he pushed her back and into people. Lee was violent himself. Somehow the hammer got transferred to (the lady?) and he walked back over and just ripped it out of her hand. I imagine this hurt the person's hand since she was holding the head of the hammer. I also thought the lady slapped at George's arm after he got her pushed all the way and into people and she slightly stumbled. I didn't see her actually slap him though.
Yes, George pushed the sign that was directly in front of the woman's belly & chest. Watch it though ... there was nowhere else to push her with his right hand. Her left arm was behind the sign; the only exposed part of her was her right arm. The pushing was inappropriate just by the very act. But there was nothing inappropriate about the way he touched her chest area.

I also thought that the item ripped from the person's hand was the handle of one of the signs. It appeared that Lee tried to take one of the signs from the people and the handle ripped off of it. If I'm not mistaken, you can hear someone in the background say something like "Don't rip the signs" when he did that. I'm not 100% on that but I thought that's what I was seeing when I viewed it. I'll have to check again later.

The bottom line, IMO, is that none of this is appropriate. It has, indeed, turned into a circus. The longer this is allowed to go on, the more agitated people are going to become. I don't blame any of the protestors for being angry at Casey and I don't blame the Anthonys for wanting the protestors to go away. I do worry that things might get even worse if someone doesn't put a stop to the confrontations outside of that house. I hope that they can put an end to the protests by some sort of loophole regarding the neighbors' right to live peacefully on that same block.

ETA: Oh, it appeared that she slapped at his arm when he was pushing her. It's her right hand; his left arm.

Lynch mob? Instigators? Complete strangers? WOW!

These are some of the same people that are out there putting their time and sweat into searching for Caylee. I can totally understand their anger. Cindy screams "Get off your asses and go look for my grand daughter" while George goes pushing his weight around on defenseless 65+ year old woman. Not to mention he walked into his garage then comes back out screaming "You want a piece of me?"

Yes, I have sorrow for them losing their grand daughter. Losing a child or grand child is a pain no one wants to endure, but they have GOT TO STOP ENABLING CASEY!

Tough love! Simple as that. Yes it's hard, that's why it's called tough. But instead, they justify her lies and cover them up. This has turned into Operation Save Casey. It's disgusting and makes me want to puke in a projectile fashion!

This situation is not funny. But, "projectile fashion" is. You should have that in your signature. And I mean that without condescending. I also agree on "tough love" being needed. I think the GPs are feeling a lot of guilt for trying "tough love" before this all happened.

These protestors are not the very same people searching for Caylee.
And that lady was certainly not defenseless. She probably could take a few people down. Cindy's statement mentioned above was tasteless. I agree. But, no matter what this family does -it does not justify these protestors.

It was the same "helpless old lady" that said, "DON'T RIP THE SIGNS!"

Yes, George pushed the sign that was directly in front of the woman's belly & chest. Watch it though ... there was nowhere else to push her with his right hand. Her left arm was behind the sign; the only exposed part of her was her right arm. The pushing was inappropriate just by the very act. But there was nothing inappropriate about the way he touched her chest area.

I also thought that the item ripped from the person's hand was the handle of one of the signs. It appeared that Lee tried to take one of the signs from the people and the handle ripped off of it. If I'm not mistaken, you can hear someone in the background say something like "Don't rip the signs" when he did that. I'm not 100% on that but I thought that's what I was seeing when I viewed it. I'll have to check again later.

The bottom line, IMO, is that none of this is appropriate. It has, indeed, turned into a circus. The longer this is allowed to go on, the more agitated people are going to become. I don't blame any of the protestors for being angry at Casey and I don't blame the Anthonys for wanting the protestors to go away. I do worry that things might get even worse if someone doesn't put a stop to the confrontations outside of that house. I hope that they can put an end to the protests by some sort of loophole regarding the neighbors' right to live peacefully on that same block.

ETA: Oh, it appeared that she slapped at his arm when he was pushing her. It's her right hand; his left arm.

Watching the video again on NG. It appears to me that George is pushing the woman back with his right hand while holding her arm with his left hand. It clearly looks as if he's doing this to get her away without her falling down. It doesn't make him Man of the Year but I definitely think that he held her arm to make sure she didn't fall. I imagine he may have backed up plenty of people this way in his years as a police officer.

No one was threatening anyone with hammers. The lady did not grab the hammer. Lee grabbed the sign. The videos are in the media thread here. They have been there all day. NG cuts all the footage. Both sides were hot-headed. In the full footage you will see both sides acting horrible. or maybe not.

Watching the video again on NG. It appears to me that George is pushing the woman back with his right hand while holding her arm with his left hand. It clearly looks as if he's doing this to get her away without her falling down. It doesn't make him Man of the Year but I definitely think that he held her arm to make sure she didn't fall. I imagine he may have backed up plenty of people this way in his years as a police officer.

THANK YOU! It is the same way the LE handles protestors and riots! Except he did not have a shield -just the sign.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back