Psychological Markers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I liked their profile as well dwntwnslim-I think they're pretty close to what the SK is actually like. Yes, I noticed the misspellings as well, but am leaning against them being intentional. I'm a stickler about spelling and this stuff tends to drive me crazy, I was thinking about writing them about it. Of course, maybe they think the SK is also a "spelling nazi" (ha ha) and it'll draw him out as well. I like that you think outside the box on interpretations of the meaning behind the misspellings, maybe there's some merit to it. It is a bit of a reach though...At the very least, perhaps they're baiting the SK into thinking that they're well below his intellect, considering he'll smirk to himself that they can't even spell these relatively common words right. I wouldn't put it past them to try a little mind gamesmanship with the SK.

MOO

Thank you for the compliment! Yeah, I agree that my interpretation of the last paragraph of the S.T.A.L.K. profile is probably a reach. I thought I should put it out there anyway just in case. BTW, you should do the same with your theories. You might get some useful input from the posters here and/or inspire an idea for someone.

I do like your explanation of the STALK profile, it makes logical sense, IMHO. I think Peter Brendt, who posts often in this thread, is of the idea that the STALK profile is meant to flush out the perp. That post is somewhere in this thread if your interested.

If, for whatever reason, the perp has stopped killing, what do you think he has been doing/using as an outlet for his murderous impulses? Or, do you think that he might be in the middle of one of those serial killer breaks between killings, not experiencing any particular kind of stress and therefore doesn't need a temporary outlet for his impulses? I am really interested in everyone's thoughts on this!

I think he is obsessively reading about himself on the internet and probably posting and playing proxy games.

Oops, the official reference to the 1996 victim is Jane Doe #10 (don't ask me why). But now that you brought it up, I have to ask: was there one set of legs found at Davis Park in 1996, or was there a second set? LISK.com had an article posted about what seemed like a differing description of a pair of discovered legs (description included surgical scars at the ankles and red polish on toenails), but apparently at the same time as Doe #10. It was not a Weekly World News report, either.

Linking to Vernon Geberth OTOH is more difficult - I've been working out of "Practical Homicide Investigation" - Not sure if it's used at Quantico, but it is an official textbook. Geberth has also made appearances on either the 48 Hrs or A/E programs but his comments are brief. Try FBI.gov, but the book should be available through Amazon (I got mine thru Encore Books), about $100.00 (4th Edition).

If, for whatever reason, the perp has stopped killing, what do you think he has been doing/using as an outlet for his murderous impulses? Or, do you think that he might be in the middle of one of those serial killer breaks between killings, not experiencing any particular kind of stress and therefore doesn't need a temporary outlet for his impulses? I am really interested in everyone's thoughts on this!

Unless he's ill, incarcerated, dead or afraid that he is being watched by LE, I'd imagine he's killed since the bodies on GB were found. Why would he stop?

Unless he's ill, incarcerated, dead or afraid that he is being watched by LE, I'd imagine he's killed since the bodies on GB were found. Why would he stop?

Agreed. Unless he is physically incapable of doing the deed or knows he is under surveillance, he has killed since or is soon to kill again. May have left town and is killing elsewhere.

I agree with posts #305 & #306.

What I am asking is to pretend for a moment that, for whatever reason, the perp is unable to kill and is not incarcerated. What do you think he does to quell his urges? Has he looked for alternate outlets for those urges? If so, what could those outlets be? Or, has he gone cold turkey and is white knuckling it?

I'm trying to get an idea of how being forced not to kill might be affecting the perp's personality, behaviors and actions. Are these possible changes noticeable to those around the perp?

What I am asking is to pretend for a moment that, for whatever reason, the perp is unable to kill and is not incarcerated. What do you think he does to quell his urges? Has he looked for alternate outlets for those urges? If so, what could those outlets be? Or, has he gone cold turkey and is white knuckling it?

I'm trying to get an idea of how being forced not to kill might be affecting the perp's personality, behaviors and actions. Are these possible changes noticeable to those around the perp?

I think of serial killers as murder/torture addicts, so I think the person would be reacting quite similarly to any other addict deprived of his drug or behavior of choice: edgy, moody, depressed, and eager and desperate to get back to killing. Besides not making the wrong move to get caught and hoping he didn't make a mistake that will burn him down the road, its probably all he thinks about. I'm sure he has fantasies/games/*advertiser censored* that he is into, but they can't subsitute for the live kill to any significant degree.

I would expect to see some observable behavioral changes from the person...perhaps changing relations w/ family/friends/neighbors, increase in substance abuse, poor work performance, and the like.

JMO.

I see what you mean now. BTK comes to mind. I believe he stopped killing in the 80's, however he continued to victimize women with his dog catcher gig, though his torture was of a psychological nature. He did put a rush order to have the dog of a woman he was harassing put to sleep, which appears to be done for no other reason than to be cruel.

So perhaps he's finding other ways to victimize people? His wife? His children?

Would be curious what an expert would say. Peter probably could answer this one.

Thank you for the compliment! Yeah, I agree that my interpretation of the last paragraph of the S.T.A.L.K. profile is probably a reach. I thought I should put it out there anyway just in case. BTW, you should do the same with your theories. You might get some useful input from the posters here and/or inspire an idea for someone.

I do like your explanation of the STALK profile, it makes logical sense, IMHO. I think Peter Brendt, who posts often in this thread, is of the idea that the STALK profile is meant to flush out the perp. That post is somewhere in this thread if your interested.

Dwntwnslim--you're welcome! I agree that it's a great idea to post our observations and theories even though they may be far fetched. As long as we remain open minded, I think there will be some more light shed on the dark corners of this case. So many posters here on this board have unique, interesting observations, it really does tend to springboard the imagination. I'll have to post about this one theory I have about the events at Oak Beach eventually. At this point it's not completely fleshed out.

Thanks for the info on the Peter Brendt post, I'll have to check it out. They could very well be doing the psychological warfare number on the killer.

MOO

Has anybody heard of the Athena Research Group? I hadn't 'til now. I stumbled onto a profile they did on the Long Island Serial Killer while surfing. What do you think?

Athena Research Group
behavioral evidence analysis & security consulting
http://www.athenaresearchgroup.org/profilelongisland.htm

I don't know too much about them. It's basically a couple that came, as far as I heard, originally from psychological research of religions and tried there to establish themselves in the back then money rich counter terrorism consulting. After that didn't work out, they try their luck with serial killers actively since 2008 or 2009. I crossed their indirect path only in two cases yet where the killer was caught and their profiles were in both cases (Flint and Phoenix) as wrong as technically possible. But hey, if someone pays for their services, why not?

I’d like to think that 2011 saw no activity from LISK and everything from the level of media attention (though off-season, both times) and having to find a new “safe spot,” to Hurricane Irene had something to do with it. But because the timeline suggests he’s accelerating, this year is apt. If so, the number of disappearances could be telling of his current disposition, where (MOO):
0= Paranoid, or fearful, or depressed or dormant.
1= Wary
2= Secure and comfortable (Routine)
3, or 3+=Established, secure, and confident.
All of this is assuming he’s at liberty in all other respects (not sick, in jail, etc.).

IMO any number over one victim would suggest he isn’t worried about LE, let alone the blog chatter. The only place where he’s practically in the news every day is sites like this. However, because of the media and LE attention and blog chatter, he may be working on altering his pick up method, his trawling grounds, his ritual, and dump site, based on the information that’s come to light. I’d also like to think that boyfriend/pimps are secretly taking iPhone pics of the vehicles that depart. Is it distinct or common to arrange meetings under the circumstances of Ms. Waterman and Ms. Costello?

I took a look at the Athena site and it doesn’t look like anything special – their profile of the killer is about on par with every other amateur profile I’ve seen (since all are based on public info and thus not privy to withheld information or signature elements), needs proofreading, etc. The hosts show a lot of concern, but as per their disclaimer and mission statement, they’re like us, just not (?) here.

I don't know too much about them. It's basically a couple that came, as far as I heard, originally from psychological research of religions and tried there to establish themselves in the back then money rich counter terrorism consulting. After that didn't work out, they try their luck with serial killers actively since 2008 or 2009. I crossed their indirect path only in two cases yet where the killer was caught and their profiles were in both cases (Flint and Phoenix) as wrong as technically possible. But hey, if someone pays for their services, why not?

Thanks Peter! I thought you might have some insight regarding these profilers and their profile.

http://www.newsday.com/news/constable-slain-1.733388

Just an FYI. I thought of this shooting at Oak Beach Assn. when I read your post. This OB resident really went to the extreme over a possible DWI and killing the constable in his own driveway.:waitasec:

The OB resident was James Wilson, 42, of 79 Hawser Dr. The incident unfolded around 3 PM when Brooks, driving in a marked Constable vehicle o*n the Robert Moses Causeway, saw Wilson driving erratically.

Brooks tried to pull Wilson over, but Wilson sped off to his house in nearby OB and rushed inside his home. Brooks pulled into Wilson's driveway. Then as Brooks was calling for assistance, Wilson shot him from a second-story window with a shotgun. Brooks, who was outside the car, was hit in the chest and fell in the driveway.

Wilson then got back into his vehicle, ran over Brooks, and fled. Officers arrived and found Wilson in his white SUV nearby. He had run off the road and into high weeds. O*ne of the officers shot Wilson after he brandished the shotgun. It appears that he was intoxicated and attempting to flee.

The shooting shocked the people who live near Hawser Drive in the OB neighborhood. Neighbors said Wilson had lived o*n Hawser Dr. for about three years and was frequently seen walking his dogs. Neighbors also said Wilson would go out of his way if you ever need anything and that he was really is a nice guy.

http://www.newsday.com/news/constable-slain-1.733388

Just an FYI. I thought of this shooting at Oak Beach Assn. when I read your post. This OB resident really went to the extreme over a possible DWI and killing the constable in his own driveway.:waitasec:

The OB resident was James Wilson, 42, of 79 Hawser Dr. The incident unfolded around 3 PM when Brooks, driving in a marked Constable vehicle o*n the Robert Moses Causeway, saw Wilson driving erratically.

Brooks tried to pull Wilson over, but Wilson sped off to his house in nearby OB and rushed inside his home. Brooks pulled into Wilson's driveway. Then as Brooks was calling for assistance, Wilson shot him from a second-story window with a shotgun. Brooks, who was outside the car, was hit in the chest and fell in the driveway.

Wilson then got back into his vehicle, ran over Brooks, and fled. Officers arrived and found Wilson in his white SUV nearby. He had run off the road and into high weeds. O*ne of the officers shot Wilson after he brandished the shotgun. It appears that he was intoxicated and attempting to flee.

The shooting shocked the people who live near Hawser Drive in the OB neighborhood. Neighbors said Wilson had lived o*n Hawser Dr. for about three years and was frequently seen walking his dogs. Neighbors also said Wilson would go out of his way if you ever need anything and that he was really is a nice guy.

Nice side information about the natives? Remind me to avoid LI, that sounds like an area, I wouldn't go into unarmed.

Agreed. Unless he is physically incapable of doing the deed or knows he is under surveillance, he has killed since or is soon to kill again. May have left town and is killing elsewhere.

This is what I think. Somewhere south in the winter? Or he has another dumping ground in NY. But is seems unlikely that he would just stop. Or just kill in the warm months. Unless he is a bear, hibernating.

I know they seem to have ruled out the AC killer as the same person....but IDK. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same SK. Although there are so many of these sick people around, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few working the East Coast either. Sad.

If he can't kill, for whatever reason, I think Redbird makes a good point. Obsessively reading about himself may calm the urges...for a while. Probably not long term. Maybe drugs....drugs like a sedative. That might help put a maniac into a stupor.

I think of serial killers as murder/torture addicts, so I think the person would be reacting quite similarly to any other addict deprived of his drug or behavior of choice: edgy, moody, depressed, and eager and desperate to get back to killing. Besides not making the wrong move to get caught and hoping he didn't make a mistake that will burn him down the road, its probably all he thinks about. I'm sure he has fantasies/games/*advertiser censored* that he is into, but they can't subsitute for the live kill to any significant degree.

I would expect to see some observable behavioral changes from the person...perhaps changing relations w/ family/friends/neighbors, increase in substance abuse, poor work performance, and the like.

JMO.

ITA, DC. Well said, IMO.

This is what I think. Somewhere south in the winter? Or he has another dumping ground in NY. But is seems unlikely that he would just stop. Or just kill in the warm months. Unless he is a bear, hibernating.

I know they seem to have ruled out the AC killer as the same person....but IDK. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same SK. Although there are so many of these sick people around, it wouldn't surprise me if there are a few working the East Coast either. Sad.

If he can't kill, for whatever reason, I think Redbird makes a good point. Obsessively reading about himself may calm the urges...for a while. Probably not long term. Maybe drugs....drugs like a sedative. That might help put a maniac into a stupor.

Errr, since 2007, he killed always between June and September, even when he killed twice in 2010. And since then, we haven't heard of him, since he couldn't use his old trophy garden anymore, so he has probably a new one by now and if my math isn't wrong, he planted already between two and four there.
But there is a rub to that: Where was he the rest of the time, why the gap in 2008. That was, why I profiled tha guy as subcontractor early last year. A lot of them go for projects in the South in winter times. Which means, he can have killed there a much higher number than in the NYC/LI area. Only, his work there would look different. He hasn't the measures of spoofing at hand while mobile, which means, he would probably take to street corner prostitutes. And the victims wouldn't be necessarily wrapped in burlap, but in whatever he has at hand there.
I hadn't time, but maybe someone else took a look at Albuquerque/NM?

Errr, since 2007, he killed always between June and September, even when he killed twice in 2010. And since then, we haven't heard of him, since he couldn't use his old trophy garden anymore, so he has probably a new one by now and if my math isn't wrong, he planted already between two and four there.
But there is a rub to that: Where was he the rest of the time, why the gap in 2008. That was, why I profiled tha guy as subcontractor early last year. A lot of them go for projects in the South in winter times. Which means, he can have killed there a much higher number than in the NYC/LI area. Only, his work there would look different. He hasn't the measures of spoofing at hand while mobile, which means, he would probably take to street corner prostitutes. And the victims wouldn't be necessarily wrapped in burlap, but in whatever he has at hand there.
I hadn't time, but maybe someone else took a look at Albuquerque/NM?

That makes a lot of sense to me. If he had a freezer and/or safe house to do his preferred method, he would have to give that up if he was traveling or not in one place long. That kind of situation might mean that he could be sloppier or less careful? I remember reading a little about a SK in NM. Don't remember much....but I'll take a look. I, like many I'm sure, would like to know how long he's been active.

The timeline for the Albuquerque/West Mesa murders does fit, but after reading wiki, it seems pretty likely that the NM SK was killed in 2006. Although the victims were prostitutes, they had a different look from the LI victims. The women killed in West Mesa were almost all Hispanic. Link to wiki article:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Mesa_murders"]West Mesa murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back