Psychologists Dr. Jeffery Danziger; Dr. Alan Berns; Dr. William Weitz; Dr. Harry Kro

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New Science to help determine PTSD.

http://eideard.wordpress.com/2010/01/24/scientists-say-meg-scan-can-detect-ptsd/

BBM snipped from article........."researchers at the University of Minnesota and the Minneapolis VA Medical Center announced they’d found a distinct pattern of brain activity among PTSD sufferers."

"The team used magnetoencephalography (MEG), a brain imaging method that measures how the brain processes information."

Here's an interesting link that defines PTSD. More women than men....hmmm.

It was commonly known as battle fatigue, and has been talked about as far back as the civil war.

Women who suffer from PTSD have often been sexually abused.

http://www.medicinenet.com/posttraumatic_stress_disorder/article.htm

Since KC hasn't been to war, or suffered the wrath of a natural disaster, can we connect the dots and say her PTSD excuse will include abuse?

Quite frankly, you could be a bit more creative Mr. Baez....I can hear it now:

We need an excuse, let's call it abuse!

She sure seemed unaffected by PTSD when she was living the high life before and during the 31 days. What nonsense.

PTSD my butt !!!!!!!! :maddening::maddening: My hubby has PTSD and believe you me.. ICA does not come anywhere near that diagnosis.. The girl is just plain nuckin' futs...

Exactly. Not buying it, not buying it.

One common symptom with PTSD is heightened startle response. I've yet to see ICA flinch or cower or exibit physical signs of PTSD.

I had symptoms of PTSD following an abusive relationship, many years ago (not diagnosed or treated). By many, I mean ummm over 30 years ago. Loud noise would drop me to my knees. Sudden movement and I would cower. Could not stand crowds, etc. I had a lovely BF, several years after the fact, and one night, as he reached out to put his arm around me, I screamed and ducked. He felt really awful. I felt really embarrassed and had to explain it to him. Ugh.

Now, over 30 years later, while I no longer feel I suffer from this, I still cannot tolerate loud noise and I still catch myself flinching with sudden movements from others.

I have yet to see ICA looking panicked, horrified, stricken and frozen with fear.

Nope, not buying it for a minute.

eta: To stay OT, I'm guessing the DT had to go through several psych experts before they found one who didn't know the actual, obvious, signs and symptoms of PTSD. Maybe experts like Logan, who read some stuff one time.

Exactly. Not buying it, not buying it.

One common symptom with PTSD is heightened startle response. I've yet to see ICA flinch or cower or exibit physical signs of PTSD.

I had symptoms of PTSD following an abusive relationship, many years ago (not diagnosed or treated). By many, I mean ummm over 30 years ago. Loud noise would drop me to my knees. Sudden movement and I would cower. Could not stand crowds, etc. I had a lovely BF, several years after the fact, and one night, as he reached out to put his arm around me, I screamed and ducked. He felt really awful. I felt really embarrassed and had to explain it to him. Ugh.

Now, over 30 years later, while I no longer feel I suffer from this, I still cannot tolerate loud noise and I still catch myself flinching with sudden movements from others.

I have yet to see ICA looking panicked, horrified, stricken and frozen with fear.

Nope, not buying it for a minute.

eta: To stay OT, I'm guessing the DT had to go through several psych experts before they found one who didn't know the actual, obvious, signs and symptoms of PTSD. Maybe experts like Logan, who read some stuff one time.

I hear ya, on that heightened response, no one can fake that to a person who truly has/had PTSD. It's like a panic reflex, immediate and scary. I call foul on ICA having PTSD, but that doesn't mean the dt won't try.

When LE questioned Cindy if Casey had ever evaluated/received any treatment for mental condition/issue Cindy denied,denied,denied that Casey had ever needed any mental healthcare. BUT, a friend of Casey's told LE that Casey had told her that she felt like she was loosing it and was considering checking her self into a facility. However, when the friend brought this up again in a later conversation Casey claimed everything was much better now and never mentioned this issue again.

IMO, the only thing that would have affected Casey that much would have been the feeling of rejection from guy A, B or C. Why? The only situations that produced that form of emotional response (that any of the friends saw) was when she claimed to have miscarried some guys child and when Tony told Casey he might not come back from his trip in New York.

But, that's just MOO

BBM

Simple attention seeking, IMO.

Do we know how long PTSD stays with someone? Is it a lifelong struggle? Also, if these Doctors are claiming that Casey does suffer from some type of PTSD has she been medicated for the disorder?

I understand that they are going to try and explain away Casey's behavior back in 2008... but what about now? Even today, Casey shows no emotion when it concerns Caylee. None at all! She has no problem showing she is capable of showing emotions of happiness (when with her defense) and disgust (Dr. Vass' testimony about the smell). I have caught her death glares over at the State... so she is capable of showing emotions of hate.

The phone call that Casey made to the house back in July 2008 to me proves that she had a lot of animosity towards Caylee and I think that same animosity that she has for Caylee exists today. She probably still tells herself "All they care about is Caylee." I do not think that she is capable of covering up the animosity she had for this precious baby.

I am really looking forward to seeing exactly what these Doctors have up their sleeves. I want to know if they were being told the story of the kidnapping (are we still sticking to that, Casey?) or an accident?

I am good friends with a Vietnam vet with PTSD. He was not diagnosed for a couple of decades. His symptoms were hyperawareness, trigger temper, paranoia; not dissociative symptoms. He was successfully treated with a therapy by the V.A. However, he had another relapse due to another traumatic episode. IMO, her symptoms do not match with PTSD and it is an insult to people who really do suffer from this disorder.

Well I have watched Baez esquire for a couple of years now, and I predict that whatever story they concoct will be explained by him in a completely inarticulate,whiny way and will not be in the least bit believable.
There's that old saying- you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

PTSD my butt !!!!!!!! :maddening::maddening: My hubby has PTSD and believe you me.. ICA does not come anywhere near that diagnosis.. The girl is just plain nuckin' futs...

BBM :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: that's so funny. I would say the whole fam damily is nuckin futs.

It is interesting to me that the Inmate had a psch eval in July 2008 when she was arrested, but the Defense did not try to add a PTSD expert to the GUILT phase until a few weeks ago, March 22, 2011 !!

Does that mean all of the psychologists that saw the Inmate or read her records did NOT report a diagnosis of PTSD until Dr. Weitz was added in March 2011?

If Dr. Weitz, the PTSD expert, has visited with the Inmate in person, at the jail, we do not know about it from recent jail visitor logs. How could he make a diagnosis of PTSD without evaluating the Inmate?

BBM: He must be able to come to a conclusion just as a couple other defense scientific witnesses. IE: He looks at other people's work and reports after that person has evaluated Casey, and all of a sudden he is an expert witness.

JMO................and thank you for the information!

I am good friends with a Vietnam vet with PTSD. He was not diagnosed for a couple of decades. His symptoms were hyperawareness, trigger temper, paranoia; not dissociative symptoms. He was successfully treated with a therapy by the V.A. However, he had another relapse due to another traumatic episode. IMO, her symptoms do not match with PTSD and it is an insult to people who really do suffer from this disorder.

Hypervigilance! Yes, another common symptom of PTSD. Allow me to quote Wikipedia, as we all know it's the DT's favorite reference site.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervigilance[/ame]

Hypervigilance is an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviors whose purpose is to detect threats. Hypervigilance is also accompanied by a state of increased anxiety which can cause exhaustion. Other symptoms include: abnormally increased arousal, a high responsiveness to stimuli and a constant scanning of the environment for threats

I would say that our inmate, with her nose in her legal pad, has not spent much time scanning the environment for threats. :crazy:

(of note: that is something else that plagued me. I had to keep my back to the wall at all times. Could not sit in a restaurant if I was seated with other tables behind me. In any room, I found a space next to a wall to stand or sit)

I may need a lawyer here after I finish writing this.
Do you suppose Jose, who claims he will address why ICA didn't search for her child or share the disappearance with anyone, will use the alleged PTSD as an excuse in his opening statement for ICA's behavior those 31 days?

What I need a legal boost with is this: In an opening statement doesn't whatever the attorney presents have to be part of the case, things he or she will bring in witnesses or evidence to prove? It can't just be the attorney's opinion of what did happen.
Calling all attorneys for help.

jmo

:waitasec: Maybe its just me but Im kinda wondering what was promised to this doctor in order to give this diagnose. After all they went through how many doctors to get it. If this doctor is a so called expert in that certain illness makes it even more disturbing to me. Sadly there are some that will give there expert opinion for a price. I just dont get how some can sleep at night. I know its just a job but your still human. I hope the SA put a big huge picture of Caylee in the court room for all to see. How anyone can look at that sweet innocent baby girl and make excuses for the one that took her life and who threw her out like a piece of trash is beyond me.:twocents:

:waitasec: Maybe its just me but Im kinda wondering what was promised to this doctor in order to give this diagnose. After all they went through how many doctors to get it. If this doctor is a so called expert in that certain illness makes it even more disturbing to me. Sadly there are some that will give there expert opinion for a price. I just dont get how some can sleep at night. I know its just a job but your still human. I hope the SA put a big huge picture of Caylee in the court room for all to see. How anyone can look at that sweet innocent baby girl and make excuses for the one that took her life and who threw her out like a piece of trash is beyond me.:twocents:

In all fairness, we don't know that either of the docs gave this diagnosis of PTSD. We're just guessing that because it's one of their specialties. I guess we may know more tomorrow.

In all fairness, we don't know that either of the docs gave this diagnosis of PTSD. We're just guessing that because it's one of their specialties. I guess we may know more tomorrow.

True but they must have something to share that JB thinks applies to his client. Im sorry if Im a downer but I dont have much faith in the defense team and just when I think I have seen it all they go and trump it. I guess I have seen to many cases where money buys certain experts. Not saying all are that way but there are quite a few. I just cant see how they do it especially in a childs case. But like I said its probably just me. I have had two murders in my family makes me alittle bias I guess :banghead:

So I guess Zanny is no longer to blame?

Yes, I think they are still going with that. The PTSD, if allowed, will be her "reason" for not reporting it, for partying and acting like nothing happened. Her "ugly coping" will be blamed on PTSD IMO. Nobody will believe it though.. it's as useless as Cindy saying she thinks Caylee is alive.

True but they must have something to share that JB thinks applies to his client. Im sorry if Im a downer but I dont have much faith in the defense team and just when I think I have seen it all they go and trump it. I guess I have seen to many cases where money buys certain experts. Not saying all are that way but there are quite a few. I just cant see how they do it especially in a childs case. But like I said its probably just me. I have had two murders in my family makes me alittle bias I guess :banghead:

I'm so sorry for your losses :(

Im with Capri I will wait and see what happens. Hopefully it wont be that bad and my TV wont have to deal with any of my anger. I think its safe to say I shouldn't be on my computer just in case :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back