PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The part that bugs me is the drivers license being left in her car. If I remember it correctly just the license was left on her seat.

That is so strange to me no matter who was driving her car. I dont know anybody who would keep their license out of their billfold or purse. If SM or TM drove her car there from the apartment then why would they leave her license on the seat. It is so strange because the car itself showed LE whose car it was. It was not like they needed to leave her drivers license.

Unless maybe they planted it to make it look like a LE asked her for her license. But then why lock the doors. It all is so strange.

This most likely did not happen but is there a chance a LE person did stop by there while she was parked and waiting and asked her for her licence. Then the LE person left. It does not make sense since a LE person would surely have come forward by now about that if that happened. Unless they wanted to keep it a secret because they were embarrased that she ended up missing and they may have saved her.

The whole license on her seat of car is very strange. If I remember it correctly that it was left in her car seat.

I think there maybe a clue here but dont know what it is.
BBM: My daughter's friends do this all the time. But in those cases, they do not take their purse at all but leave it behind, taking only their license because they are on a fast run: to mail a letter, to pick up something left at a friends house, etc. If Heather's purse was not found at her home, then this would not be the case. But are we absolutely sure her purse was not found at her home? The reports say "Elvis' keys, cellphone and purse were not found in the locked car", but that is just the car.

This was posted in another thread a while back. A WSer who was at the vigil said the vigil was held with candles and crosses marking the spot where Heather's car was found. Here is an aerial view of PTL and they marked an arrow at the approximate location, which is right about where you presumed it would be in your photo above.
5oif6q.jpg
Thank you for bringing that over. That kind of parking would lead me to believe that whomever parked it planned on it staying there for a while. Not so close to the water that it would interfere with anyone backing in. It's where most people who park that direction park in all the of the pictures I have seen.

i took the "sideways" to the parking spaces comment by Terry Elvis to mean that she did not park straight in, but on the side of the road, facing the river. < snipped by me >

here is a google screen shot of PTL. notice the car with the boat trail parked head in near the tress. Heather's car, imo, would be sideways in that exact area.

View attachment 42432

Good shot. That's exactly what I have thought. The way the truck is parked, more or less. So her back would be toward incoming cars.

Thank you for bringing that over. That kind of parking would lead me to believe that whomever parked it planned on it staying there for a while. Not so close to the water that it would interfere with anyone backing in. It's where most people who park that direction park in all the of the pictures I have seen.

FWIW that photo is absolutely correct on the location where Heather's memory area is. I've been there and have some beautiful photos from the candlelight vigil.

Good shot. That's exactly what I have thought. The way the truck is parked, more or less. So her back would be toward incoming cars.

sorry, but that is not what Terry Elvis said. he said that Heather's car was parked "sideways" to the parking spaces. there doesn't look like there are formal parking spaces, but, imo, if i were to park there i would head straight in, parallel to the river; meaning the driver door would face the river, just like the google attached pic.

what i think Mr. Elvis was saying was that she was parked with the front end of her car facing the river - perpendicular to the river.

FWIW that photo is absolutely correct on the location where Heather's memory area is. I've been there and have some beautiful photos from the candlelight vigil.
Would you happen to know if that is actually the area where her car was found, and which way it was parked? (If you don't, no problem). I just wonder because how and where the car was parked gives an indication of that the person parking it was thinking.
Was it parked to be out of the way? If so, Heather could have planned to stay a while.
Was it parked face out on the left side (look toward the river)? Heather might have planned to get something from another vehicle and move on, or talk quickly and move on.
Was it parked looking at the river in the middle of the lot? Like someone drove in and just parked and sat looking.
Was it parked looking at the river at the right side, with the driver's door facing the main lot? Like someone might do if they expected someone else to drive up next to them.
Was it parked at an angle? Like someone drove in and got out in a hurry.

Another random thought. Heather tried to call at 3:39. LE says she was at PTL, but could she have just been CLOSE to PTL? Could a black truck have been right on her bumper on that last little bit going into PTL, and she hit redial or speed dial to ask WTF? Pulls into PTL, jumps out and heads to the truck to give SM what for, but TM hops out of the truck (driver or passenger, whichever), hits her (or whatever), Heather's phone goes down and is out of commission, and whatever happens, happens.

Is South Carolina hands free?

sorry, but that is not what Terry Elvis said. he said that Heather's car was parked "sideways" to the parking spaces. there doesn't look like there are formal parking spaces, but, imo, if i were to park there i would head straight in, parallel to the river; meaning the driver door would face the river, just like the google attached pic.

what i think Mr. Elvis was saying was that she was parked with the front end of her car facing the river - perpendicular to the river.

Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying.

I remember he said parallel to the river. The photos people have posted confirmed that pretty much. I thought your photos did too. I am working on the theory that someone pulling in to meet someone at 3:30am would not park like that. In the overhead shot with the red car marker, you can see there's plenty of room to pull around and face outward. I'm wondering why she didn't. I think there is a reason that is not random.

Hoppy, not sure if you are still reading all of these, but if you are, can you tell me if the actual video of the truck driving to PTL was shown at the hearing?

RSBM: No, it is not. We don't even have a "no texting" law yet.
Hold up! Let me get this straight. In South Carolina it is against the law for a minor to play pinball machines and even a law saying Horses, HORSES are to wear pants at all times and aren't allowed to be kept in bathtubs BUT there is no law in place regarding texting whilst driving?

*where's the scratching my head smilie* :banghead:

Hold up! Let me get this straight. In South Carolina it is against the law for a minor to play pinball machines and even a law saying Horses, HORSES are to wear pants at all times and aren't allowed to be kept in bathtubs BUT there is no law in place regarding texting whilst driving?

*where's the scratching my head smilie* :banghead:
:floorlaugh:Yes, THAT is what I'm telling you. Here's a shiny distraction for you though: Somewhere in Georgia, it's against the law for a chicken to cross the road.:floorlaugh:

The part that bugs me is the drivers license being left in her car. If I remember it correctly just the license was left on her seat.

That is so strange to me no matter who was driving her car. I dont know anybody who would keep their license out of their billfold or purse. If SM or TM drove her car there from the apartment then why would they leave her license on the seat. It is so strange because the car itself showed LE whose car it was. It was not like they needed to leave her drivers license.

Unless maybe they planted it to make it look like a LE asked her for her license. But then why lock the doors. It all is so strange.

This most likely did not happen but is there a chance a LE person did stop by there while she was parked and waiting and asked her for her licence. Then the LE person left. It does not make sense since a LE person would surely have come forward by now about that if that happened. Unless they wanted to keep it a secret because they were embarrased that she ended up missing and they may have saved her.

The whole license on her seat of car is very strange. If I remember it correctly that it was left in her car seat.

I think there maybe a clue here but dont know what it is.

I don't find this that odd. There could be a lot of reasons her license was on her seat. One time I lost my license for a few days because I'd taken it out of my wallet while cashing a check at the bank drive-through and never put it back in my wallet. I finally found it under the seat of my car.

I don't find this that odd. There could be a lot of reasons her license was on her seat. One time I lost my license for a few days because I'd taken it out of my wallet while cashing a check at the bank drive-through and never put it back in my wallet. I finally found it under the seat of my car.
I have to say, I don't find it odd, either. When I was 20, I rarely carried a purse with me for anything social. I would take it if I was going to the grocery store, or something like that. Otherwise, my license was in my back pocket and my cash was in my front pocket. At that age, who can be bothered to lug things around?

Hmmm..Could it be possible that after "it" happened one of the M's put her license in her car so that there would be no ID left on Heather in the case her remains were found so that it would be harder to identify?

I'm not thinking this is likely the reason.. I'm thinking its more simple as in it fell out of her pocket. But just a thought!

Hoppy, not sure if you are still reading all of these, but if you are, can you tell me if the actual video of the truck driving to PTL was shown at the hearing?

It was not shown.

Here is a possible theory that I have came up with...It is just my opinion and is just a possibility of what may have happened.

Regarding the kidnapping charges...I think it's possible that Heather was subdued by SM (with TM having knowledge of this also) and held against her will and forced to drive to PTL (hence the kidnapping charge). Once there, then SM used Heather's phone to call TM to come to PTL and TM was driving the black Ford pickup then hit Heather/ran over her when she pulled into PTL. I think they then placed her in the pickup and took her somewhere to hide her/bury her. I think the alleged DNA that was collected was from either hitting Heather with the truck and/or from her being placed in the pickup to dispose of her. I also think it's possible that TM kept something of Heather's for a trophy and this was found in the M's home. For example, her hair, jewelry, purse, phone, keys, etc.
I also think the "re-enactment" done by LE was for the reason of an accident investigation-type thing to re-create how she was hit and how she met her demise at PTL.
Again, these are only possibilities/ideas/theories of what may have happened. I do think SM and TM both played a role in all of this, the reason I feel so strongly about this is because he allegedly seemed quick to try and create an alibi for himself by telling the story of 6-months of being handcuffed, phone locked with passcode, her going to work with him etc. Another reason I believe SM played an active role in all of this was because he allegedly lied about when his last contact was with Heather when he was initially questioned by LE.

ETA: And yes I realize that LE has said something about Heather drove herself to PTL; however, to me that does not mean solely by herself and/or at her own free will. Again, just my opinion.

I think I read somewhere early on (although who knows where... could have been social media or could have been a news outlet) that the license found in her car was actually her roommate's license. I remember bc we were discussing WAYYYY back in earlier threads why she would have her roommate's license... & we came to the conclusion that it could be due to the fact that her roommate is over 21 & Heather wasn't... so the roommate may have gone to the DMV & said she lost her license to get another one made so she could give it to Heather for access into 21+ bars.

ETA: if that's true then it seems more plausible to me that the license would be in her car bc she probably wouldn't carry around her friend's license in her wallet on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some loose ends that puzzle me....

Heather would never have gone to that lonely place in the middle of the night to "meet the Mrs." She was afraid of her. So, she must have gone there to meet SM alone.

That means Heather knew that SM had a car, transportation. But why, on this particular night, do they have to both drive someplace? Why doesn't he just go to Heathers apt? She is alone.

The last 4 minute call puzzles me too. Set your kitchen timer...that is a LONG time. If PTL was a regular meeting spot and they already had the "Im leaving my wife" conversation at the pay booth...why did this call go on so long? They could do all their talking as soon as they were together at PTL.

Then, Heather seemingly rushes out while she is still on the phone. She seems in a unusual hurry to get to PTL! Why the hurry after the long conversation?

Why is she repeatedly calling him once she gets there? Was she afraid for HIM?

To me, the fact that she repeatedly calls the cell after the 4 minute call, means that she was talking to SM and still believes he is in possession of it. If TM had it...why would Heather keep calling it after she reached PTL?

Puzzles everywhere in this case.

Heather would never have gone to that lonely place in the middle of the night to "meet the Mrs." She was afraid of her. So, she must have gone there to meet SM alone.

That means Heather knew that SM had a car, transportation. But why, on this particular night, do they have to both drive someplace? Why doesn't he just go to Heathers apt? She is alone.

The last 4 minute call puzzles me too. Set your kitchen timer...that is a LONG time. If PTL was a regular meeting spot and they already had the "Im leaving my wife" conversation at the pay booth...why did this call go on so long? They could do all their talking as soon as they were together at PTL.

Then, Heather seemingly rushes out while she is still on the phone. She seems in a unusual hurry to get to PTL! Why the hurry after the long conversation?

To me, the fact that she repeatedly calls the cell after the 4 minute call, means that she was talking to SM and still believes he is in possession of it. If TM had it...why would Heather keep calling it after she reached PTL?

Just a thought (one of the many random theory thoughts that hit me from time to time...LOL)

What IF: It was TM on the other end of that cell phone? What IF: She was telling Heather something like "Yeah, SIdney's not here. Thanks to you - he just ran out of the house with a gun and said he's heading down to the river and going to kill himself. Good job you little homewrecking thing. Now you can live with the fact his children will grow up without a father." Yada Yada.......

Something along those lines. Something to make Heather freak a little and hurry to PTL?

I dunno - there's so many ways this thing could've played out...... I have my own theory of sorts - but then I read posts like yours and it puts another string of 'what if's' in my head.......

How do you know Heather was afraid of TM?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch
Back