**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I PMed several Mods this morning with a question, no answers yet - so I will try here.
It seems that many members are unaware of the "Ignore Feature" and I was wondering if it is allowed to mention it in our signature line. TY

Hi Kimster
The Wall of shame is still not working..all I see is- other person coming soon!
Thanks

:waitasec: I'll have to check with Tricia. Perhaps she removed it or something and I'm not in the loop. :lol:

When providing a translation of a foreign language article, it's most effective to post the entire article. How does that work with the 10% rule? Is it okay if it's a translation rather than a direct selected quote because it's not actually a quote, or is it better to only translate a small portion of the article ... which sometimes means losing the meaning?

When providing a translation of a foreign language article, it's most effective to post the entire article. How does that work with the 10% rule? Is it okay if it's a translation rather than a direct selected quote because it's not actually a quote, or is it better to only translate a small portion of the article ... which sometimes means losing the meaning?

You can translate the whole article, but you have to state that it is your translation and provide a link to the original article.

A couple of weeks ago (or so). Someone, maybe JBean posted a thread that listed different ways to search for people. I cannot find it, nor do I remember the name to
look for it. I thought I book marked it, but I guess I did not cause I can't find it.

If anyone has the link to the thread I would appreciate it. We are looking for missing classmates for up coming reunion. Thanks.

I couldn't find a place for introductions, so I just wanted to say hi and thanks to the admin team for getting the issues with my email address all straightened out.

Hello everybody,

Just wondering, has Invisible Mode been disabled?

The instructions on the Board FAQ are :
User CP/ Edit Options/ Login & Privacy/ Invisible Mode

But that doesn't seem to be where it is anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help :tyou:

Hello, mods. I tried to start a new thread in the Caylee forum over a week ago, but it's still not activated. How can I find out why a new thread was not allowed? Are there specific moderators for each forum?

Hello, mods. I tried to start a new thread in the Caylee forum over a week ago, but it's still not activated. How can I find out why a new thread was not allowed? Are there specific moderators for each forum?

Hi Smelly Squirrel,

We do have specific Mods for different forums. You can find out who the Mods are at the bottom of each forum. I'm not sure about your question but the Mods on Caylee's forum will be able to help. You can pm any of them. :)

Ima

Hello everybody,

Just wondering, has Invisible Mode been disabled?

The instructions on the Board FAQ are :
User CP/ Edit Options/ Login & Privacy/ Invisible Mode

But that doesn't seem to be where it is anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help :tyou:

Hello forgivemenot,

We don't have an invisible mode available that I know of. :)

Ima

How long do we have to edit our own blogs?

How long do we have to edit our own blogs?

IIRC, it's an hour. Somewhere around there, anyway.

If you need a post edited past the time allowed, just send us an alert on the post and we'll be happy to fix it for you. :kimsterwink:

Can I get the link to my one attempt at blogging removed? I'd just rather it wasn't there.

How do you determine what NOT to include in specific threads? For example, the MSM threads for missing children, how many posts with NO links or NO information is acceptable? Typically, this is where I go for info (until recently).

A slow news day yesterday produced, what 30 pages, on Lisa Irwin's MSM thread? Some comments would have been more appropriate in their specific threads (most of which were already established) or provided elsewhere. Oh, there were so many unsubstantiated rumors & lack of supported information, it kills me (well, not really)!

Thanks for your response! And thanks for your hard work keeping the integrity of this site!

How do you determine what NOT to include in specific threads? For example, the MSM threads for missing children, how many posts with NO links or NO information is acceptable? Typically, this is where I go for info (until recently).

A slow news day yesterday produced, what 30 pages, on Lisa Irwin's MSM thread? Some comments would have been more appropriate in their specific threads (most of which were already established) or provided elsewhere. Oh, there were so many unsubstantiated rumors & lack of supported information, it kills me (well, not really)!

Thanks for your response! And thanks for your hard work keeping the integrity of this site!

Please contact the assigned moderators for the forum area where there are issues. :tyou:

Can I get the link to my one attempt at blogging removed? I'd just rather it wasn't there.

It's gone. :)

You should have been able to do that yourself? Another thing you can do in the future is alert the blog and ask a mod to remove it for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga