**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Beach! I wish you hadn't locked the thread on Forum Finesse regarding everything being on the left side of the page and no more arrow to get it to fill the whole page. How will you know how many of us this is affecting if the thread is closed. I have macular degeneration and set my computer to 250% in order to read here. The way it is now, I'm going to have to leave WS because it's just too hard to read like this. :(

Hi mitzi! :hug:

Shoot Tricia an email via websleuthscomments@gmail.com. She reads and considers all specific member issues regarding the tech changes.

Hi mitzi! :hug:

Shoot Tricia an email via websleuthscomments@gmail.com. She reads and considers all specific member issues regarding the tech changes.

She really does! I sent her an email about all the ads and how they took up so much space and got an unexpected reply so fast I was shocked. She cares..... even if she can't fix everything right away.

Is my computer at risk when I access this site?

The reason I ask is that several times now, following some form of virus attack that my anti-viral software has blocked, my anti-viral protection informs me that this site is unsafe and advises that I leave the page immediately. When I do so and then log back in, though, everything seems fine again......until the next time.

Does this forum have a problem with viruses? I do very much like what I see of this forum so far, but don't want my computer put at serious risk if it can be avoided. Nothing my protection can't handle thus far and it has blocked attacks on other sites before too. But only on this one has it ever gone on to tell me afterwards that the site itself is unsafe.

Hi Chuz! :hug:

It sounds like a great idea to me! We're in the "will it interface with our old software version" stage. We'll get back to you when we find out!

Has there been any more progress made on this? Please let me know if I can help in any way. Maybe even with a donation.

When I log in, in addition to my correct name I also get 2 incorrect ones which happened when the site was very slow. Is it possible for you to delete Jdgejudi and JugeJudi.

I'd be grateful for your assistance.

When I log in, in addition to my correct name I also get 2 incorrect ones which happened when the site was very slow. Is it possible for you to delete Jdgejudi and JugeJudi.

I'd be grateful for your assistance.
Hi, JudgeJudi. Those names don't exist in our member rolls. I suspect you typed them incorrectly at some point, and now they're cached in your browser. If you haven't done so, please empty your cache, and delete all of your cookies. Also, if your browser is set to automatically save user names and passwords, or if you use an app like LastPass to store them, you'll have to delete them manually. Those are the only possibilities I know that would cause them to keep popping up.

Hope that helps. :)

Hi, JudgeJudi. Those names don't exist in our member rolls. I suspect you typed them in incorrectly at some point, and now they're cached in your browser. If you haven't done so, please empty your cache, and delete all of your cookies. Also, if your browser is set to automatically save user names and passwords, or if you use an app like LastPass to store them, you'll have to delete them manually. Those are the only possibilities I know that would cause them to keep popping up.

Hope that helps. :)

That's great Bessie, thank you. Fixed it in the browser.

Is there an issue with WS thread email notifications? I have not gotten one since the 21st; even on threads I've visited when WS came back online, there have been more replies since I last logged in

I checked my CP - Default Thread Subscription Mode: instantly, using email

Let me look into this with our tech guy. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Let me look into this with our tech guy. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks Tricia. I have a notification in my user CP but none in gmail. I have a folder for WS; I also checked all mail; nothing.

Thanks Tricia. I have a notification in my user CP but none in gmail. I have a folder for WS; I also checked all mail; nothing.

Thanks Roselver. Dave is working on it as we speak. There are a couple of other people who are having email notification issues too.

Dave said it will take some time to fix.

Thanks for your patience

Tricia

Is there an issue with WS thread email notifications? I have not gotten one since the 21st; even on threads I've visited when WS came back online, there have been more replies since I last logged in

I checked my CP - Default Thread Subscription Mode: instantly, using email

I get the notifications, but often they are LONG after they were posted and I have already read the posts. Like .... I reading new posts on a thread, go off to bed, and in the morning I have email notices that there are new posts (that I read the night before).

I get the notifications, but often they are LONG after they were posted and I have already read the posts. Like .... I reading new posts on a thread, go off to bed, and in the morning I have email notices that there are new posts (that I read the night before).

Mine have never taken that long to get to me, even when they went to my Comcast account, then forwarded to my gmail. I got them right after someone replied

Mine have never taken that long to get to me, even when they went to my Comcast account, then forwarded to my gmail. I got them right after someone replied

Lucky you! It sometimes comes quickly here, and about a quarter of the time it takes hours. Maybe it is slower during prime posting times..

Thanks Roselver. Dave is working on it as we speak. There are a couple of other people who are having email notification issues too.

Dave said it will take some time to fix.

Thanks for your patience

Tricia

Thank you; looks like it's working now. I just got a notification.

Says it came 5:54PM so I looked at the post, it has the same time.

I can only find closed threads for Hailey Dunn. How can I locate an open thread for her?

Where will I find your reply? Here or email? Thanks.

Thanks so much KateB. Is there a way to determine what threads are open when I search for a topic? I opened up thread after thread after thread and never could find one for Hailey. How can I tell when a thread is closed without opening it? How can I determine what threads are open?

Thank you for your help.

When I try to alert on posts that violate TOS, I'm taken to a page that states it is an invalid link. The post is still there, so it's not as if it's been removed. Any idea what the problem is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper