Question about the "Tapas 9"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HCC...true, I do have a vivid imagination. I guess it comes from reading hundreds of mystery novels.

Still, you never know. The "old religion" is alive and well in many parts of Britain.

There's a significant number of "wanna be" practicioners in the States, as well.

However, I think this is reaching a bit far. The McCanns, I think, were just a rather ordinary professional couple, upper middle class with lots of connections, who wanted it all, just like the television commercials.

Besides, May 3 is my wedding anniversary, so of course they were celebrating that. :crazy:

HCC...true, I do have a vivid imagination. I guess it comes from reading hundreds of mystery novels.

Still, you never know. The "old religion" is alive and well in many parts of Britain.

:) That's very cool actually, and I wasn't trying to say your idea was off the mark. It did strike me as funny and outlandish, to think of this particularly stiff and self-righteous couple whooping in a Beltane orgy.

But life IS stranger than fiction, and what we initially think of as impossible often turns out to be the truth. So ... keep imagining!

I don't have much on the children but my understanding is that there were five in addition to the McCann children and that they were v. young, as in two and three years old.

Some things I had forgotten--O'Brien had moved to Exeter, within two blocks of Murat, from Leicester. That is the home turf of the McCanns, of course. Both O'Brien and Murat were questioned as to whether they had conferred before 3 May. Neither admitted to that. Murat had been in Exeter until 1 May, when he returned to PDL. Unconfirmed rumour that O'Brien traveled to the Algarve one month before the holiday, in order to secure shelter. Murat's business is real properties. As to all the children being jammed in 5A, the Paynes had a baby monitor and one of O'Brien's daughters was ill. The hotel staff as well as neighbors & the doctors looked for Madeleine from 10 p.m. No mention of other children in the apartment. Some postings have suggested that the other children were, in turn, removed before the alarm went up but there are no sightings or other evidence to support that. That doesn't mean it couldn't have occurred but the quiz/gym instructor said no one left the table after she got there at 9:30.

Some things I had forgotten--O'Brien had moved to Exeter, within two blocks of Murat, from Leicester. That is the home turf of the McCanns, of course. Both O'Brien and Murat were questioned as to whether they had conferred before 3 May. Neither admitted to that. Murat had been in Exeter until 1 May, when he returned to PDL. Unconfirmed rumour that O'Brien traveled to the Algarve one month before the holiday, in order to secure shelter. Murat's business is real properties. As to all the children being jammed in 5A, the Paynes had a baby monitor and one of O'Brien's daughters was ill. The hotel staff as well as neighbors & the doctors looked for Madeleine from 10 p.m. No mention of other children in the apartment. Some postings have suggested that the other children were, in turn, removed before the alarm went up but there are no sightings or other evidence to support that. That doesn't mean it couldn't have occurred but the quiz/gym instructor said no one left the table after she got there at 9:30.

Why would anyone need to travel to Portugal to secure shelter? It doesn't make sense. All holidays can be booked easily now via the internet or travel agent!

I am more & more leaning toward the thought that whatever happened to madeleine was premeditated!

Gym instructor saying that noone left the table after 9.30 does not tie in with accounts given by the Tapas 9 surely.

Close enough. O'Brien & Oldfield supposedly left at 9:25 and the instructor joined the table at 9:30. I don't know of anyone who left after that until Kate went to discover Madeleine missing. That's uncontested. The restaurant staff have even failed to corroborate Gerry's exit but from Wilkins, and also from Tanner, we know that happened.

From one timeline that I read Jane Tanner said that O'Brien & Oldfield left the table at 9.45pm. Oh I am confused with all the differing accounts of this affair!

From one timeline that I read Jane Tanner said that O'Brien & Oldfield left the table at 9.45pm. Oh I am confused with all the differing accounts of this affair!

Join the club.

You have to decide if you want to believe the staff, who were busy waiting on the tables, but with a very, very limited seating each night (you had to call for reservations early each day) they might have been more aware of empty seats than another, more traditional and larger restaurant--or the Tapas 9 diners, who were perhaps sincere in their accounts, but enjoying dinner and drinks, and not necessarily keeping strict time of when each person left or arrived.

It's hard for me to believe that people would got out
for dinner and drinks and not keep notes about what
they were doing.

I'm posting this article here about new searches of a nearby reservoir and forest because it may have something to do with the Tapas9 and their cell phones - it mentions the entire British "group":

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/14/nmaddy114.xml

Sites to the south of the Ocean Club where the McCanns and their friends stayed, including Luz and Burgau beaches, are also to be "fine combed" by inspectors, who will particularly focus on spots where the British group used their mobile telephones.

It's hard for me to believe that people would got out
for dinner and drinks and not keep notes about what
they were doing.

I know! Don't you bring along a little notebook just for that reason?

When my children were younger, I did know exactly what time I called the babysitter to talk to the children before bedtime, but subsequent checks and calls, I could recall only by what was on the table and in a general sense at that.

It's not impossible for me to believe they knew the times they left, because I would check the time before I phoned. However, it's harder for me to believe they knew exactly when people arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste