Question about the "Tapas 9"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's just it, if the child were seriously ill to the point of needing to change the sheets, the only way I could see leaving the child with my own safe conscience would be if she given something like Phenergan.

It knocks out the nausea convulsions--it works on your stomach like a muscle relaxant--and it makes you super sleepy. You don't throw up, you sleep. It's also given as a suppository to make sure you don't vomit it back up.

You could easily have a good time with friends knowing your child was resting comfortably if she had taken Phenergan. (I think they also use it with pregnant women who have extreme nausea. )

Otherwise, it's hard to believe a doctor would leave a child who had vomited alone, given the dangers of aspiration.

Oh yeah, that's right, the suppository form. I remember those from my daughter's childhood. Yes I guess that would work. A little cold and callous, but Russell O'Brien is an acute care physician, so he would know what he can and can't do. I guess?

I've used Phenergan suppositories. I had a very violent stomach flu several years ago and couldn't even move without wanting to throw up. I used the Phenargan under a doctor's orders and slept for two days straight. I was out like a light.

I get a script of them every month for miagraines. It ko's me, I can only imagine what an adult strength precription would amke a child feel like.:twocents:

According to the Mirror site, tomorrow's Correia da Manha headline says that all the kids were in the same room! That would certainly explain why there was so much coming and going from the table. Those people were getting their own kids out of there and back into their own apts before the cops came!

So could Madeleine have died while all the other kids were there? But then what happened next?

Maybe she didn't die there, maybe an abductor took her and she is still alive.
An abductor would have been moving quickly, grabbing the first kid he could, he certainly wouldn't have spent time picking out which kid he was going to take.

Does anyone know if any of the other Tapas 9 besides the McCann's had children old enough to be questioned about the events of that night?
I seem to remember that everyone involved had rather young children.

Does anyone know if any of the other Tapas 9 besides the McCann's had children old enough to be questioned about the events of that night?
I seem to remember that everyone involved had rather young children.

Thanks again Texana.

Philamena I'm not quite sure of the ages of the children of the McCanns friends, the Tapas 9.
I did find this but it doesn't say ages, will keep looking :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=481890&in_page_id=1770

The oldest child, Jane and Russell's daughter, was about Madeleine's age but a little younger. Early reports said Maddie was the oldest of all the kids.

The oldest child, Jane and Russell's daughter, was about Madeleine's age but a little younger. Early reports said Maddie was the oldest of all the kids.

Yes according to another message board, that is the case about Jane and Russells daughter being the same age as Maddie
From the link
Coincidentally, Jane and Kate became pregnant at the same time, as the O’Brien couple’s oldest daughter is exactly the same age as Maddie.

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?threadid=308909&pagenumber=1

(To the moderators, I hope it is okay to copy and paste from another message board, that is where google took me while I was trying to find out this information)

While I was looking for the news item on Tanner noticing McCann & Wilkins, I also saw material on diner-witness inconsistencies, particularly as against the arrival of the McCanns. The couple thought they arrived at 8:30. Other guests say 9:00. But Gerry was very specific that he left at 9:05 to check on the children. If the other diners are right, he no sooner sat down than got up to go see them. Someone's timing is OFF!

Someones is.

But after however many wines it's not surprising to me that the McCanns and their friends concept of time is hazy I would be more suspicious if all their stories and times matched perfectly.

See that's what I remembered as well. I hoped that maybe I'd remembered incorrectly.

Looking at the video of the traveling party on the tram, all the little ones appear younger than Maddie.

And now we know they will have att'ys with them. The Sunday Express says they expect to be "prime suspects". There have been conflicting stories about whether the doctors took turns checking during the week leading up to 3 May or whether that was only after the warning from MW. Oldfield said the children's room, 5A, was too bright, too lit. In hindsight, it's too bad he didn't pursue that observation but he must have been comparing the room to some other night unless it was so lit it would disturb sleep. Since he stood at the patio door, the room may have appeared to be a spot of light in a dark flat. If the newspaper is correct, the biggest problem for the Tapas doctors is the inconsistency in accounts they have given.

There was one report that the only apartment any of the dinner party checked was 5A. That surfaced about the same time as the story that all of the children were at the McCanns but was a separate accusation. Since the apartments were next to one another, it is another negative difficult to prove. Russell O'Brien was gone for half an hour and returned in a change of clothes. He would not have used 5A to do that! He was also late to the dinner when it was served at nine. Jane Tanner missed a lot of the party too and they support each other in saying they were occupied w. their sick daughter. I think her name is Ella. I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins.

There was one report that the only apartment any of the dinner party checked was 5A. That surfaced about the same time as the story that all of the children were at the McCanns but was a separate accusation. Since the apartments were next to one another, it is another negative difficult to prove. Russell O'Brien was gone for half an hour and returned in a change of clothes. He would not have used 5A to do that! He was also late to the dinner when it was served at nine. Jane Tanner missed a lot of the party too and they support each other in saying they were occupied w. their sick daughter. I think her name is Ella. I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins.
Yes Tuba, i always thought that the children could probably throw light on the whole thing if they were questioned!

The twins weren't old enough to question.

They are way too young to be able to tell anyone anything that might help solve the case.

Yes, but I was talking about refusals and whether Ella had been asked if she was sick. I think she would be able to answer that. She certainly would know if she had been sick & vomiting.

Yes, but I was talking about refusals and whether Ella had been asked if she was sick. I think she would be able to answer that. She certainly would know if she had been sick & vomiting.

Unfortunately, I think too much time has passed to ask her. If it was Tanner/O'Brien's oldest daughter, she's the same age as Madeleine. It isn't likely that she remembers being sick 6 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste