Question about the "Tapas 9"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote- Barnaby But you do not know that!

No I don't.

That's why I used the words 'seriously doubt'.

Whether you seriously doubt or not that the twins had anything to offer, the fact remains that the McCanns did not seize on any chance no matter how slim to find clues as to what had happened to their daughter! Most parents would have done that in such a desperate situation! How a disturbed nights sleep for the twins pales into insignificance against their sibling being abducted! There have been six long months now in which to compensate for any sleep that might hve been lost on that fateful night!

..... the fact remains that the McCanns did not seize on any chance no matter how slim to find clues as to what had happened to their daughter!....

Barnaby,
How can you make such a statement?

Barnaby,
How can you make such a statement?

Philamena, she was talking about the Portuguese authorities questioning the twins to see if either of them saw or heard anything significant on May 3. If the McCanns refused to allow the twins to be questioned, then they may have harmed the investigation. Young as they are, anything they could've contributed would help. Not allowing Sean and Amelie to be questioned is, IMO, suspicious.

Philamena, she was talking about the Portuguese authorities questioning the twins to see if either of them saw or heard anything significant on May 3. If the McCanns refused to allow the twins to be questioned, then they may have harmed the investigation. Young as they are, anything they could've contributed would help. Not allowing Sean and Amelie to be questioned is, IMO, suspicious.

Calikid,
Thanks so much for the explanation! I misread her post.

just catching up on all the threads

1stly

anyone who thinks that a pair of two years old toddlers should be asked any questions by anyone let alone the police who dont even speak english is just plain wrong - it would not be admissable in any court so what is the point - to then jump three steps and say that it looks suspicious is just crazy - they are just babies - lets get a grip here

1stly

anyone who thinks that a pair of two years old toddlers should be asked any questions by anyone let alone the police who dont even speak english is just plain wrong -

Says who???

it would not be admissable in any court so what is the point -

Are you seriously asking? Who is talking about any court? We are speaking about finding clues to see what happened with Madeleine in the night she went missing. Even if the parents thought the twins could not help, they did not even try.

So your opinion of "just plain wrong" is debatable.

1stly

anyone who thinks that a pair of two years old toddlers should be asked any questions by anyone let alone the police who dont even speak english is just plain wrong - it would not be admissable in any court so what is the point - to then jump three steps and say that it looks suspicious is just crazy - they are just babies - lets get a grip here
My children were both fluent speakers at 2 years of age, if one of my children had gone missing I would most certainly have asked them if they had seen anything. My God you would try anything. There are ways of questioning children, imo the fact that the Mccanns would not allow them to be wakened either means that they know for sure they saw nothing of the abduction as in it never happened or they were sure they did see something & might tell!

Well, color me just plain wrong then.

My two daughters both spoke fluently by age 2. They both still have a few strong memories of that age--some traumatic, some more pleasant--but all couched in the perspective and phrasing of a child that age.

Two year olds are not "just babies." They are toddlers, in preschool lingo, and they have a wide range of developmental abilities.

We don't really know what the twins might have seen or remembered because they were not asked. Would it have hurt anything for them to be woken up and asked, by one of the parents? Of course not.

So the only question is, why they weren't asked, not should they have been asked.

1stly

The British police were involved very early on, and there would've been absolutely no harm in asking simple questions about their night-time routine or anyone coming into the apartment.

I hope if one my kids is ever adbucted in the same room as a couple of two year olds that they will at least be given a chance to tell or point or something. Even if all they can do is point to a door and say "man" or "daddy". Only total idiots wouldn't allow any questioning of their remaining children when another was in immediate horrible danger. How do these fools even know that the two twins were asleep at all times? The kids were completely alone in that room for a long time and could have been wide awake at some point. Makes me wonder why they didn't want any talking or certain words said by the twins to the authorities.

I hope if one my kids is ever adbucted in the same room as a couple of two year olds that they will at least be given a chance to tell or point or something. Even if all they can do is point to a door and say "man" or "daddy". Only total idiots wouldn't allow any questioning of their remaining children when another was in immediate horrible danger. How do these fools even know that the two twins were asleep at all times? The kids were completely alone in that room for a long time and could have been wide awake at some point. Makes me wonder why they didn't want any talking or certain words said by the twins to the authorities.

AND, only total idiots, would let their other children lay there sleeping while one is missing and rush out of the room, leaving them alone!!!

One of the points Pat Brown, profiler, brought up in her blog essay on the McCanns' behavior was the McCanns leaving the twins behind in PDL while they went to see the Pope.

If you put Kate's leaving the twins there while she rushed back to the restaurant as due to shock/inebriation, etc., that still leaves the inexplicable act of leaving the twins behind in the same foreign location that your other daughter had been abducted from.

One of the points Pat Brown, profiler, brought up in her blog essay on the McCanns' behavior was the McCanns leaving the twins behind in PDL while they went to see the Pope.

If you put Kate's leaving the twins there while she rushed back to the restaurant as due to shock/inebriation, etc., that still leaves the inexplicable act of leaving the twins behind in the same foreign location that your other daughter had been abducted from.

And (if I am not mistaken) in the care of the same nannies who took care of them daily but that the Mc Canns refused their services on that terrible night of May 3rd.

Yes they didnt like leaving their kids with strangers, what a joke!

I will never understand them going away & leaving the twins, if something like that had happened to me I would never let my other kids out of my sight!

Frankly I never understood the visit to the pope, in so far as really what was it going to achieve only more publicity? The pope could pray for Madeleines return but they didnt have to visit him for that, he would have done it anyway! He certainly couldn't contribute to looking for her in any way!

Not to mention, sending them to the same creche almost every day AFTER Madeleine disappeared.

The thing that gets me the most is Kate running back to the Tapas bar quite a distance away & leaving the twins alone in that apartment, that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE at all.

The thing that gets me the most is Kate running back to the Tapas bar quite a distance away & leaving the twins alone in that apartment, that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE at all.

And both of them, Gerry and Kate had cel phones with them!!!:banghead:

Frankly I never understood the visit to the pope, in so far as really what was it going to achieve only more publicity? The pope could pray for Madeleines return but they didnt have to visit him for that, he would have done it anyway! He certainly couldn't contribute to looking for her in any way.

IMHO, The Pope was hoodwinked. It was totally a photo op, staged by clever publicists so that the common man or woman, looking at the pics in the tabloids, would say: "Look! They are such devout Catholics. They could never harm their own little girl."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom