Question about the "Tapas 9"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I think too much time has passed to ask her. If it was Tanner/O'Brien's oldest daughter, she's the same age as Madeleine. It isn't likely that she remembers being sick 6 months later.

I agree. Children this young cannot remember when/where they were sick and are easily led when questioned.

Yes, but I was talking about refusals and whether Ella had been asked if she was sick. I think she would be able to answer that. She certainly would know if she had been sick & vomiting.

I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins.

Tuba I misunderstood you, from this sentence but I see now that you explained it, you were talking about Ella and also mentioning the twins hadn't being questioned.

"I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins." -- desertpea

Links, please?

"I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins." -- desertpea

Links, please?

I didn't say that.

Tuba did, post 115 of this thread maybe ask him?

And now we know they will have att'ys with them. The Sunday Express says they expect to be "prime suspects". There have been conflicting stories about whether the doctors took turns checking during the week leading up to 3 May or whether that was only after the warning from MW. Oldfield said the children's room, 5A, was too bright, too lit. In hindsight, it's too bad he didn't pursue that observation but he must have been comparing the room to some other night unless it was so lit it would disturb sleep. Since he stood at the patio door, the room may have appeared to be a spot of light in a dark flat. If the newspaper is correct, the biggest problem for the Tapas doctors is the inconsistency in accounts they have given.

The truth will come out eventually. The pact will be broken by one or the other to save their own skins.

There is no honor amongst thieves--or child neglecters.

I believe no one has asked the child if she was ill. I'm quite sure the McCanns refused questioning of the twins.

Tuba I misunderstood you, from this sentence but I see now that you explained it, you were talking about Ella and also mentioning the twins hadn't being questioned.

Could you work on your formatting a little, so we won't be misled?

The truth will come out eventually. The pact will be broken by one or the other to save their own skins.

There is no honor amongst thieves--or child neglecters.

I agree....confession is good for the soul....

1.gif

WRONG!

(http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=122225)

Blake was just 2...

Davis' son later told detectives: "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in the rug."

Kids develop at different rates, what one child can do at age two another might not be able to achieve until age 3, ages vary as to what can be done at what age.

Just because a two year old in Ohio can talk quite clearly that doesn't mean the twins have the same such ability.

And even if they can talk quite clearly I still doubt very much the twins could tell anyone anything that might help them solve this case.

From every report I've seen, the twins slept through the events of the night. Of course, if there had been rage and battering at six or seven o'clock, they would react to that and probably if there had been a horrible accident, they would have seen some aspects of that. But as you know, my comment was about Ella and how she would have known on May 3 & 4 if she had been sick and vomiting, substantiating Tanner and O'Brien's claims as to what they were doing. Often parents refuse to allow questioning of the little ones. What is your opinion about whether Ella could have contributed that corroboration, DesertPea?

From every report I've seen, the twins slept through the events of the night. Of course, if there had been rage and battering at six or seven o'clock, they would react to that and probably if there had been a horrible accident, they would have seen some aspects of that. But as you know, my comment was about Ella and how she would have known on May 3 & 4 if she had been sick and vomiting, substantiating Tanner and O'Brien's claims as to what they were doing. Often parents refuse to allow questioning of the little ones. What is your opinion about whether Ella could have contributed that corroboration, DesertPea?

Hi Tuba

Ella was roughly, if not the same age as Maddie.

I'm not sure if a 3 yr old would remember what happened 6 months ago though being out of a familiar setting and on holiday maybe she would remember something?

If Ella had been questioned and came out and said she wasn't sick that night it would certainly arouse my suspicions of whether or not her parents were telling the truth about their whereabouts that night.

I don't think LE would take the word of a three year old as gospel though would they?

The valuable moment has probably come & gone, I agree. Due to the loss of her friend Madeleine that night, which surely she does know, she might remember the night & that she was throwing up. It is her credibility that would now be at issue. The PJ would probably assume she had been coached. They might be able to overcome that suspicion if given an hour with her but I think for the sake of the child, that would be unwise. I believe all of the children are traumatised by what happened. They know when someone is missing and when they witness hysteria over it.

Well, both my children clearly remember significant events that happened when they were three or four or with some incidents, even two. You truly cannot tell what a child will say or will not, so why not ask?

The McCanns would not allow the twins to be forcibly awakened and questioned. We don't know if the twins DID witness anything and fell back asleep, because at the critical time in which they could have been awakened and questioned, the McCanns did not allow it.

Well, both my children clearly remember significant events that happened when they were three or four or with some incidents, even two. You truly cannot tell what a child will say or will not, so why not ask?

The McCanns would not allow the twins to be forcibly awakened and questioned. We don't know if the twins DID witness anything and fell back asleep, because at the critical time in which they could have been awakened and questioned, the McCanns did not allow it.

I find this extremely suspect! One would of course sacrifice the twins sleep in the hope that they could relate any information about the alleged abduction!

I find this extremely suspect! One would of course sacrifice the twins sleep in the hope that they could relate any information about the alleged abduction!

Me, too. I think more than once, I have even woken one of them if necessary to care for the other--get a thermometer or humidifier from one child's bathroom, etc--minor compared to finding out if one knew something about the other's disappearance.

Kids develop at different rates, what one child can do at age two another might not be able to achieve until age 3, ages vary as to what can be done at what age.

Just because a two year old in Ohio can talk quite clearly that doesn't mean the twins have the same such ability.

And even if they can talk quite clearly I still doubt very much the twins could tell anyone anything that might help them solve this case.

Well according to Kate the twins can talk very well "Madeleine can come to my lovely house & play with my toys" I hope I quoted that correctly it is very late here!

The twins may not have been able to add anything but by asking them they at least would have tried!

It's more than a case of whether or not the twins can talk or not Barnaby, at 2 years of age their vocab would be somewhat limited and their comprehensive skills would be that of a two year also.

Even if the twins could have been questioned, I seriously doubt it would have any bearing on the case.

It's more than a case of whether or not the twins can talk or not Barnaby, at 2 years of age their vocab would be somewhat limited and their comprehensive skills would be that of a two year also.

Even if the twins could have been questioned, I seriously doubt it would have any bearing on the case.

But you do not know that! It is not whether or not they had anything to contribute, it is the fact that the Mccanns did not allow that possibility to be investigated!

Quote- Barnaby But you do not know that!

No I don't.

That's why I used the words 'seriously doubt'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member