Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this respectfully, and while I am not a religious person, I think we can agree that whatever was there of Cooper is gone from the body. His physical remains are not "him". I do understand the desire to be respectful of how human remains are treated, but in many cases on websleuths it becomes impossible to be "respectful" with how the remains are *discussed*...typically because the perp has already brought things over to the horrific. There's a case I'm involved with where the victim was most likely cut up after the murder and burned in a livestock incinerator. The accused (triple murderer) oddly enough (for WS) has a couple of strident defenders. You can bet your butt they try to steer people away from discussing the victim's "charred" remains.

I'm trying to say that after a certain point, the graphic details need to be heard, FOR the victim.

Myself personally, I'm using those terms to describe what Ross Harris DID....
I never seen anyone here refer to the VICTIM as a brisket or other cooked food item ...huge difference.

IMO

BECAUSE no one here has ever referred to Cooper in those terms !

[modsnip]

;)

Myself personally, I'm using those terms to describe what Ross Harris DID....
I never seen anyone here refer to the VICTIM as a brisket or other cooked food item ...huge difference.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree.
The description is being used as a verb not a noun. It is the act that was done to him.
He is still a darling angel.
Roast being a verb.

It a description of what his father did to him.
He didn't just forget him in the car and come back to a happy, living breathing child. The description is being used as a verb not a noun. It is the act that was done to him.
He is still a darling angel.

Roast being a verb.
"to cook by exposing to dry heat*"
" to dry and parch by exposure to heat"

http://i.word.com/idictionary/roast

All posts are MOO

nope. no comment.

STOP the bickering and the judging of others' opinions or I will lock the thread. I just removed 15 posts and I know I didn't get them all.

This thread is about QUESTIONS and Hopefully ANSWERS - not word choices or monkey pictures.

Knock it off.

Salem

Going back to the question of whether JRH was able to smell the decomposition, if he wasn't alerted by the smell, wouldn't we have to believe that what alerted him to the fact that Cooper was in the car was Cooper choking? Or did he give a different suggestion and I missed it?

Going back to the question of whether JRH was able to smell the decomposition, if he wasn't alerted by the smell, wouldn't we have to believe that what alerted him to the fact that Cooper was in the car was Cooper choking? Or did he give a different suggestion and I missed it?

I wouldn't think a corpse in rigor mortis could make choking sounds.

Yes, a corpse can make sounds; and even if his did not, Ross HEARD choking.
(he has proclaimed he is deaf in his right ear)

Google it.
They can and do. It's gas escaping from the body.
They moan, burp toot, you name it. The longest I have been around one was about 4 hours.
So I can't personally voche for anything beyond that.

http://listverse.com/2012/01/09/top-10-occurrences-before-and-after-death/
http://listverse.com/2012/01/09/top-10-occurrences-before-and-after-death/

All posts are MOO

I've read that link before; remember it well. But the only two sounds listed on there (Cheynes-Stokes Respiration and Death Rattle) are two I've heard from my own parent during the dying process, not four hours after death and after extensive rigor mortis has set in. (It sets in even faster in hot temperatures.)

I'll do some googling to see about 'burps' and 'choking,' but...have never heard of that before.

I have heard about postmortem sounds, but I don't believe RH heard them. I think the choking was part of his story, he had to think of something so that he had witnesses. He knew he couldn't call 911 himself.

I've read that link before; remember it well. But the only two sounds listed on there (Cheynes-Stokes Respiration and Death Rattle) are two I've heard from my own parent during the dying process, not four hours after death and after extensive rigor mortis has set in. (It sets in even faster in hot temperatures.)

I'll do some googling to see about 'burps' and 'choking,' but...have never heard of that before.
I guess it's not something people really talk about. I saw a link to a police message board where they were discussing it.
Even days later it continues unless a body is embalmed.

Pregnant bodies even expel the fetus. The gas has to go somewhere and much like filling a ballon with air and letting go of it, you will hear that pooting noise a balloon makes as it flys around the room. If it's coming from the lungs, it can sound like a sigh, a burp, a squeek, a cough. It would not be like someone coughing. Technically if someone is choking, they make no noise, strangling on water or something can make you cough and gag.
My guess is he was hearing what sounded like gasps, IF he heard anything. I don't believe he did hear anything because IMO Cooper's airway was occluded by the time he finally died.

Death rattle and Cheyne-Stokes are before and during the dying process.

All posts are MOO

I just googled ‘choking sounds by a corpse’ and only came up with items such as “sleep apnea symtoms,” “reverse sneezing in dogs,” and “a different technique for death metal vocalists.”

(And I think I heard Google snickering at me.)

But in the interest of always wanting to learn something new (especially the weird stufff), send me a link if you find one. :eek:

I just googled ‘choking sounds by a corpse’ and only came up with items such as “sleep apnea symtoms,” “reverse sneezing in dogs,” and “a different technique for death metal vocalists.”

(And I think I heard Google snickering at me.)

But in the interest of always wanting to learn something new (especially the weird stufff), send me a link if you find one. :eek:
you are using nice words you have to google do dead bodies burp and fart.

http://allnurses.com/nursing-humor-share/things-they-don-916903.html

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/4338/can-a-person-still-fart-after-death

http://www.thescienceforum.com/biology/18939-do-dead-people-fart.html

All posts are MOO

Nice or not, I'm using the word RH used--"choking." To me, that's a far cry from gas being expelled from a dead body. Choking involves spasmodic gagging and/or attempts at coughing.

While I'm familiar with the not-so-nice sounds and ways of a dead body (including spasmodic arm movements, even), I'm not going to give RH an out in this. It will be interesting to see if the State asks him in more detail about the "choking" he heard from the back seat. JMO

(And thanks for the link-work. I do appreciate that.)

Nice or not, I'm using the word RH used--"choking." To me, that's a far cry from gas being expelled from a dead body. Choking involves spasmodic gagging and/or attempts at coughing.

While I'm familiar with the not-so-nice sounds and ways of a dead body (including spasmodic arm movements, even), I'm not going to give RH an out in this. It will be interesting to see if the State asks him in more detail about the "choking" he heard from the back seat. JMO

(And thanks for the link-work. I do appreciate that.)
Yeah, the only way I can see it is if, at the time he was driving the abdomen and chest were going into rigors, but like I said, I don't think he had an airway.
Surprise! He lied.

All posts are MOO

I think this thread has been too, I mean too opiniated. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not involved, I just see opionions thrown around at will, people having no proof of why they hate on JH. Granted, he's not the cream of the crop. Not my style or want even if I were 80.

He doesn't come across as anyone really wanting him. His sexting. Did he send fake pics of his manpower? and what would that do? hmmm Sounds like a meetme site. I got this, what you got? Do people actually meet up? Gosh, I missed this in my prime. gah...always a loser. Call me slow mo, I guess. ha ha! People actually meet a stranger and ya know? nah...not in my life.

It's about many questions I asked. Thanks.

I think this thread has been too, I mean too opiniated. I'm not a lawyer, I'm not involved, I just see opionions thrown around at will, people having no proof of why they hate on JH. Granted, he's not the cream of the crop. Not my style or want even if I were 80.

He doesn't come across as anyone really wanting him. His sexting. Did he send fake pics of his manpower? and what would that do? hmmm Sounds like a meetme site. I got this, what you got? Do people actually meet up? Gosh, I missed this in my prime. gah...always a loser. Call me slow mo, I guess. ha ha! People actually meet a stranger and ya know? nah...not in my life.

It's about many questions I asked. Thanks.

Well, I guess you just threw an opinion, huh? ;)

Pretty much, kind of. Has been since this forum was started. So yelp, my op.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member