Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To even suggest the body didn't smell is not something a jury would believe is a credible reason he didn't know his son was in the car seat. It is a known fact how close the seat was to his. The baby wasn't in a third row. The jury will be comprised of Georgia residents who know how hot closed cars can get in the Georgia summer and they will be told how it smelled to first responders. That's enough.

JMO

I respectfully disagree. I think Cooper's inert body may have emitted a slight smell. After all, Roscoe only worked about 6 hours that day (lazy).

However after disturbing Cooper's body, I could see how the smell would overwhelm. I think this is what the witnesses and police smelled.

Not that I think there was no odor prior to removing Copper from his seat, but I think it could have been negligible. Once Ross realized the funky odor was his son, he maybe decided not to drive all the way to the theater, and pull over sooner.

But I truly think the smell of decomp was made worse by removing Cooper from his seat. It may have even loosened his sphincter, releasing feces and fluids from his bowels that were kept inside while he was strapped so tightly into his seat.

In any case, police have not elaborated, so really it is anyone's guess. We are all just trying to figure out WTF really happened.

I think the odor would have been unbearable.
Ive accidentally left a roast wrapped in freezer paper, from the butcher, in my hot car all day long. When I went to get in it that evening...I knew the smell immediately...it was the smell of meat decomposing. I didn't need to pick it up before it reeked. It REEKED!

JonBenet was left in a cold basement and had the odor of decomposition about her when Linda Arnet approached her.

So ....IMO there was a noticeable unmistakable odor of human decomposition in that car. And RH smelled it immediately upon entering the car. Unless his olfactory senses are completely absent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am unsure about the odor - I believe there was one because one has been testified to under oath by an LEO. But I do not know when that odor would have begun or how strong it would have been at varying points or if movement may have released more of it. I look forward to the experts' testimony on that subject.

But I cannot imagine there was zero odor during that car ride to Maddio's Pizza. I do not believe that there was zero noticeable odor and then removing him from his carseat suddenly released a huge amount of suddenly discernable odor.

Maybe the experts will disabuse me of that, but for now, I view the odor as discernable during his drive. How much so, I do not know.

I think the odor would have been unbearable.
Ive accidentally left a roast wrapped in freezer paper, from the butcher, in my hot car all day long. When I went to get in it that evening...I knew the smell immediately...it was the smell of meat decomposing. I didn't need to pick it up before it reeked. It REEKED!

JonBenet was left in a cold basement and had the odor of decomposition about her when Linda Arnet approached her.

So ....IMO there was a noticeable unmistakable odor of human decomposition in that car. And RH smelled it immediately upon entering the car. Unless his olfactory senses are completely absent.

ITA. If you had then tossed that rotting roast into a low oven, it would have emitted quite an aroma after 7 hours. No jury in the world is going to believe he forgot his son in less than two minutes or that he couldn't smell his son's decomposing body after it had cooked in the car for seven hours nor see it when he got into the car.

JMO

I am unsure about the odor - I believe there was one because one has been testified to under oath by an LEO. But I do not know when that odor would have begun or how strong it would have been at varying points or if movement may have released more of it. I look forward to the experts' testimony on that subject.

But I cannot imagine there was zero odor during that car ride to Maddio's Pizza. I do not believe that there was zero noticeable odor and then removing him from his carseat suddenly released a huge amount of suddenly discernable odor.

Maybe the experts will disabuse me of that, but for now, I view the odor as discernable during his drive. How much so, I do not know.

I think that the defense will have a hard time explaining to a jury why RH either didn't notice any odor, or why he failed to immediately respond to the odor that must have been present in the car. JMO.

I think that the defense will have a hard time explaining to a jury why RH either didn't notice any odor, or why he failed to immediately respond to the odor that must have been present in the car. JMO.

I believe they have already presented the "information" that Ross had no sense of smell? Which, I am sure, is completely true. :facepalm:

yes, the whole

apes_see_hear_speak_no_evil.jpg

thing only RH apparently had his eyes, ears and nose covered

:burn:

I have far too much respect for the chimps Linda ;)

Need one more chimp pic....chimp taking penis selfies...

Do NOT google that! :scared:

Google is NOT your friend :naughty:

ETA: although if that chimp in the tree just had a camera......... :hilarious:

Do NOT google that! :scared:

Google is NOT your friend :naughty:

ETA: although if that chimp in the tree just had a camera......... :hilarious:
Someone sent me that .gif about a year ago. A monkey doing well, ya know! I about died.
lol funny how it comes back up in conversation. [emoji205]

I believe they have already presented the "information" that Ross had no sense of smell? Which, I am sure, is completely true. :facepalm:

No, that was a statement to the media by an acquaintance who said Mr. Harris might have an impaired sense of smell or might have told him that. Then we all JVM'd it as if we were a 24-hour news channel and it was a fact.

I've read the memory studies and the heart-wrenching stories of people who I believe truly did think they'd dropped their child off at daycare. I don't believe EVERY one of those people was lying or that there was a strong odor indicating something was horribly wrong. A big thanks to those of you who puzzled through my question about the smell and gave impartial thoughtful answers or theories. I don't want to debate the entirety of the case; we've already done that ad nauseum in many threads. I just wanted to discuss the odor conundrum. I think there may be a difference between butchered meat left in a hot car and a child with intact skin and clothes.

I've already stated that I find it hard to believe Mr. Harris forgot Cooper in the 30-40 seconds it took him toget to the turn-off to daycare or when he visited his car at lunch but forgot to tell police. There are so many oddities in this case that I'm pretty sure he's guilty. I don't need to rehash all the facts of the case every time I bring up a simple question. Investigating needs an open mind willing to look at ALL the evidence, not just the part that justifies your belief.

In other words: Gary Condit did not kill Chandra Levy, despite the 24-hour news shows with their endless speculations about his behavior, possible motives and various theories. I kinda grew to hate those kind of "news" shows with their "panels" of experts and endless rehashing of theories. I prefer "just the facts, ma'am", and the odor fact is puzzling.

Did he take Cooper out from the front seat....lean over and grab him?

Or Did he exit his door, grab him from rear door?

Just asking because in pix REAR doors are closed.

Did he take Cooper out from the front seat....lean over and grab him?

Or Did he exit his door, grab him from rear door?

Just asking because in pix REAR doors are closed.

I think Stoddard said he "popped open" the rear door. Whatever that means.

per the search warrants and the probable cause statement therein, witnesses described RH getting out of his vehicle and opening the rear passenger door and removing Cooper from the vehicle. The carseat was situated in the middle of the back seat per testimony at the probable cause hearing.

Does anyone know when RH and LH did the search on hot car deaths? If this has already been asked and answered, I apologize..:)

No, that was a statement to the media by an acquaintance who said Mr. Harris might have an impaired sense of smell or might have told him that. Then we all JVM'd it as if we were a 24-hour news channel and it was a fact.

I've read the memory studies and the heart-wrenching stories of people who I believe truly did think they'd dropped their child off at daycare. I don't believe EVERY one of those people was lying or that there was a strong odor indicating something was horribly wrong. A big thanks to those of you who puzzled through my question about the smell and gave impartial thoughtful answers or theories. I don't want to debate the entirety of the case; we've already done that ad nauseum in many threads. I just wanted to discuss the odor conundrum. I think there may be a difference between butchered meat left in a hot car and a child with intact skin and clothes.

I've already stated that I find it hard to believe Mr. Harris forgot Cooper in the 30-40 seconds it took him toget to the turn-off to daycare or when he visited his car at lunch but forgot to tell police. There are so many oddities in this case that I'm pretty sure he's guilty. I don't need to rehash all the facts of the case every time I bring up a simple question. Investigating needs an open mind willing to look at ALL the evidence, not just the part that justifies your belief.

In other words: Gary Condit did not kill Chandra Levy, despite the 24-hour news shows with their endless speculations about his behavior, possible motives and various theories. I kinda grew to hate those kind of "news" shows with their "panels" of experts and endless rehashing of theories. I prefer "just the facts, ma'am", and the odor fact is puzzling.

What about the odor fact is puzzling you? People who were there described what they smelled. It was decomposing body in a hot, tightly sealed space for hours so I have no reason to doubt the comments from those who did smell the odor. I imagine the experience was quite upsetting for them.

JMO

ITA. If you had then tossed that rotting roast into a low oven, it would have emitted quite an aroma after 7 hours. No jury in the world is going to believe he forgot his son in less than two minutes or that he couldn't smell his son's decomposing body after it had cooked in the car for seven hours nor see it when he got into the car.

JMO

I would have agreed with you about the jury's findings before I found websleuths. After reading some other's opinions, I understand hung juries. At this time, I think RH is guilty, possibly even premeditated. Some people focus on a minute detail and won't let go. My opinion is based on the total unusual behaviors and statements made by RH. There are too many to ignore.

In response to the terms people are using...
What exactly happens when you bake or broil or roast meat?
****GRAPHIC*****
scroll on if it bothers you!

At the degree of temperature he was in for the length of time he was there he would have had,
"Multiorgan hemorrhage and necrosis"
It is comparable to a rotting roast and much easier to say than a rotting toddler whose muscles were breaking down in above normal temperatures.

That upset me! I forgot my link.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10781101
All posts are MOO

A simple thanks wasn't enough. :cupcake:

Hardly. I believe the comparison is about the strong unpleasant odor of decomposition.

JMO

Same thing in my book--very disrespectful to talk about rotting roasts and cooking, baking, bbqing, toasting, broiling etc...Cooper. Even if RH did it on purpose which makes him one of the most evil people on the planet, you still don't talk about Cooper like that.

IMO

Same thing in my book--very disrespectful to talk about rotting roasts and cooking, baking, bbqing, toasting, broiling etc...Cooper. Even if RH did it on purpose which makes him one of the most evil people on the planet, you still don't talk about Cooper like that.

IMO

I disagree. What Ross did to that baby was evil and horrific. If it gets sugar coated, it becomes flaccid and harmless in the retelling and IT IS NEITHER of those things. That baby WAS roasted, cooked, broiled, etc. because his disgusting father locked him in a hot car in GA in the damn summer to DIE.

Can't purty that up. And if you try, then IMO, THAT is disrespectful to Cooper.

/end soapbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members