Questions and Hopefully Answers in the Cooper Harris Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who started the go fund me account for JRH & LH?

Hi, all...First post and have read a lot--please excuse me if I missed some of the already answered details!

This is one question I haven't seen an answer to--wondering if it's been resolved

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz37s77F98n

Thanks!

That was early on in investigation.....due to a stop at a fast food restaurant.
After reviewing the tapes (video) they could see what time baby was put into car.
sticky media threads will give you lots of information on this case

Welcome to the forum

:welcome6:

Hi, all...First post and have read a lot--please excuse me if I missed some of the already answered details!

This is one question I haven't seen an answer to--wondering if it's been resolved?

Welcome!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ake-supporters-think-twice.html#ixzz37s77F98n

Thanks!

I went round and round on this particular sticking point for quite a while until watching the PCH hearing and being able to see Stoddard testify to the fact that this was checked out -- my mind had been running amok with "What if RH wasn't the one who put him in the car?" etc... but apparently CFA video can confirm that was the case -- it was definitely confusing at first, the way the articles read. imo

I went round and round on this particular sticking point for quite a while until watching the PCH hearing and being able to see Stoddard testify to the fact that this was checked out -- my mind had been running amok with "What if RH wasn't the one who put him in the car?" etc... but apparently CFA video can confirm that was the case -- it was definitely confusing at first, the way the articles read. imo

Thanks for the clarification...but, in a way it's still a little confusing--reason being, why did they say that to begin with? They must have had some reason to think Cooper may not have been in the car at that time?

Do we know for a fact that Cooper was actually belted in the car seat at Chick-Fil-A? My understanding is that the video showed Cooper being put in the car/car seat, but that the details of the actual buckling came from Ross.

Do we know for a fact that Cooper was actually belted in the car seat at Chick-Fil-A? My understanding is that the video showed Cooper being put in the car/car seat, but that the details of the actual buckling came from Ross.

Yes, it's a fact he was buckled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Linda...Was that captured on video?

I believe so.

But it's confirmed by the autopsy.

Little Cooper was in full rigor.

He perished exactly how he was found. Strapped in extremely tight to a child seat much too small for him.

He had struggled to get out as evidenced by the abrasions he suffered.

If you go to the media thread and watch the entire probable cause hearing ... You'll basically know all the facts as sworn to & given under oath.

Here's my question: why isn't this guy pleading to something??

It's a proven fact that Cooper died and that RH put Cooper in the car after breakfast and left him there while he went into work. The only thing to prove is whether he did it on purpose and/or determining "how" neglectful he was. Right?

The death penalty is on the table. There are strong indications that sordid details are going to be presented that will be painful/harmful to him, his wife, his mother and family, not to mention to the women he was involved with.

All that pain...and with the risk of the death penalty. Doesn't it make sense he would make a deal for a lesser punishment?? Is that still a possibility for him to do? Why is he going through with this trial with such big risks when there is no debate that his child died under his care? He's really taking a risk with his own life and the reputation and well-being of others, imo.

Bewildered at how he is handling this...

JMO.

It's a proven fact that Cooper died and that RH put Cooper in the car after breakfast and left him there while he went into work. The only thing to prove is whether he did it on purpose and/or determining "how" neglectful he was. Right?

The death penalty is on the table. There are strong indications that sordid details are going to be presented that will be painful/harmful to him, his wife, his mother and family, not to mention to the women he was involved with.

All that pain...and with the risk of the death penalty. Doesn't it make sense he would make a deal for a lesser punishment?? Is that still a possibility for him to do? Why is he going through with this trial with such big risks when there is no debate that his child died under his care? He's really taking a risk with his own life and the reputation and well-being of others, imo.

JMO.
Is there a reason for him to now?
He is hoping then grand jury won't come back with a true bill... If they don't he walks doesn't he?

All posts are MOO.

JMO.

He still thinks he's smarter than everyone else & he will win. He's narcissistic ..IMO

Not much different than Jodi, Casey ....etc...

All that pain...and with the risk of the death penalty. Doesn't it make sense he would make a deal for a lesser punishment?? Is that still a possibility for him to do? Why is he going through with this trial with such big risks when there is no debate that his child died under his care? He's really taking a risk with his own life and the reputation and well-being of others, imo
If he were considering this, I honestly think he would wait until after the grand jury meets.

If the grand jury returns a true bill (which I believe they will) I would hope his attorney suggests a plea.

I'm of the belief that RH honestly believes he's smarter than anyone else. And will probably take his chance with a jury.

If this really WAS and accident, I agree with you, he would be concerned about the toll on his wife and family and plea just to save them the $$, stress and embarrassment of a trial..
]

JMO.

Maybe the prosecutors will not even consider a plea agreement in this case.

I think the State would accept a plea if he would testify against LH.

As long as they have more than his testimony to show she's guilty. JMO.

I hope QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS is the right place for my post, but as a newbie I'm hesitant to start a new thread so here goes.

I'm curious about whether there would've been a noticeable odor of decomp BEFORE Cooper was removed from the car seat. It seems that a big deal is being made over the fact that Mr. Harris didn't notice an odor at lunch or when driving towards the theater. LE testimony at the PCH was that the odor of death was strong even an hour or two after Cooper's body was removed from the vehicle. I think the testimony indicates that Cooper was removed from the car seat and placed on the ground, with the implication being that the car seat was left in the car.

Did I read in an earlier thread that there wouldn't have been an odor until the body was removed from the car seat? Sorry if this seems too graphic, but wasn't it posited that the body while in the car seat created a kind of "seal", and when that "seal" was broken the smell became obvious? Fluids may have seeped into the car seat?

In other cases of Hot Car Death, there's been no mention of parents smelling the odor of death. I think these were linked in another thread and that's how I found them:

Mom worked all day then drove to pick up baby at daycare (baby was in car the whole time):
http://m.bismarcktribune.com/news/s...5b5a-ae19-153af7fd4be1.html?mobile_touch=true

Excellent article about why it happens, but focus on baby Juan Parks - Mom worked all day, drove to supermarket after work to shop, went to daycare & was told he wasn't there, ran back to car, took him out of car into daycare & tried to revive:
http://m.parenting.com/article/tragedy-in-the-backseat-hot-car-deaths#!/entry/view/id/7573

False memory of drop off, emailed friends & sent pics of baby during the work day, got in car after work, when backing up saw baby in back seat:
http://www.kidsandcars.org/jenna-edwards.html

Internet hate of mother for not wanting to touch her dead child & how she sounded on 911 call:
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...in-the-car-for-8-hours-asks-for-prayers.7348/

Please note that I'm not saying Mr. Harris is innocent, but I'm curious about this facet of the case. If it's NORMAL that the smell isn't there until the child is moved, then the Prosecution will get reamed by the Defense if this is used as one of the prongs of guilt. MOO.

I've Googled the heck out of this without luck, and hope the cops don't look at my Internet searches anytime soon :( Does anyone know about decomp smell inside a hot sealed car before removal of the child?

I hope QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS is the right place for my post, but as a newbie I'm hesitant to start a new thread so here goes.

I'm curious about whether there would've been a noticeable odor of decomp BEFORE Cooper was removed from the car seat. It seems that a big deal is being made over the fact that Mr. Harris didn't notice an odor at lunch or when driving towards the theater. LE testimony at the PCH was that the odor of death was strong even an hour or two after Cooper's body was removed from the vehicle. I think the testimony indicates that Cooper was removed from the car seat and placed on the ground, with the implication being that the car seat was left in the car.

Did I read in an earlier thread that there wouldn't have been an odor until the body was removed from the car seat? Sorry if this seems too graphic, but wasn't it posited that the body while in the car seat created a kind of "seal", and when that "seal" was broken the smell became obvious? Fluids may have seeped into the car seat?

In other cases of Hot Car Death, there's been no mention of parents smelling the odor of death. I think these were linked in another thread and that's how I found them:

Mom worked all day then drove to pick up baby at daycare (baby was in car the whole time):
http://m.bismarcktribune.com/news/s...5b5a-ae19-153af7fd4be1.html?mobile_touch=true

Excellent article about why it happens, but focus on baby Juan Parks - Mom worked all day, drove to supermarket after work to shop, went to daycare & was told he wasn't there, ran back to car, took him out of car into daycare & tried to revive:
http://m.parenting.com/article/tragedy-in-the-backseat-hot-car-deaths#!/entry/view/id/7573

False memory of drop off, emailed friends & sent pics of baby during the work day, got in car after work, when backing up saw baby in back seat:
http://www.kidsandcars.org/jenna-edwards.html

Internet hate of mother for not wanting to touch her dead child & how she sounded on 911 call:
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...in-the-car-for-8-hours-asks-for-prayers.7348/

Please note that I'm not saying Mr. Harris is innocent, but I'm curious about this facet of the case. If it's NORMAL that the smell isn't there until the child is moved, then the Prosecution will get reamed by the Defense if this is used as one of the prongs of guilt. MOO.

I've Googled the heck out of this without luck, and hope the cops don't look at my Internet searches anytime soon :( Does anyone know about decomp smell inside a hot sealed car before removal of the child?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!!

To answer your question about odor... There does not seem to be a consensus.
Some say yes absolutely, some say no, not until moved.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads