Questions for CNN reporter Jim Spellman - Q & A Only **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please forgive me if this has already been asked. When you went to see MW and heard a baby crying inside, how long before it was investigated or how much time elasped? Reading you had heard a baby when MW opened the door & then when you went searching for Dane & Zach answered the door and a baby crying in the background, it gave me the chills. I'm sure it was explained to you but very curious to know.

Thanks for your reporting btw.

Please forgive me if this has already been asked. When you went to see MW and heard a baby crying inside, how long before it was investigated or how much time elasped? Reading you had heard a baby when MW opened the door & then when you went searching for Dane & Zach answered the door and a baby crying in the background, it gave me the chills. I'm sure it was explained to you but very curious to know.

THAT MW was a different Megan Wright. I might be confused. :confused:

Are you asking about the "mistaken identity" MW or the pink haired one? The crying baby was the "mistaken identity" one.

One instance was a woman named Megan Wright with a baby who had been barraged with reporters, etc.,. Her baby, wrong Megan - verified pretty quickly, IIRC. The other was Zach Greathouse - his baby, according to Zach. Not sure this was verified...I hope it has, good question.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7615836&highlight=zach+greathouse#post7615836

Jim, in all the time the two women were sitting out on the stoop, partying and, according to Shane Beagley, getting "loud", have any of the other neighbors said what, if anything they saw that night?

Did you notice a lot of people smoked every hour or so on their stoops? I'm not being facetious, I really would like to know if this is common and as opposed to using their back porch where there's a bit more privacy.

Jim, I'm curious about the two other cars that were parked at DB/JI's home. Tax records show that JI owns a Chevy pick-up and a SUV. I know one of those was apparently not operable (up on blocks?). Are both of those cars still at the home?

Has KCPD ever verified to you that all 3 phones quit pinging at the same time?

KCPD hasn't told me anything definitive about the phones except that the 8:30 call Megan referred to was apparently actually a detective calling at 8:30 AM that next morning. I've said this many times, but I don't think we really know what we need to know about the phones but I think they are essential to the case.

Apparently your aware of a lady calling LE on the night in question saying that she saw someone throwing something off "the bridge". Are you trying to find her and possibly interview her?

Yes...and thanks for the reminder. I got a somewhat sketchy report about scanner traffic reporting someone throwing something off a bridge. There is a paper company ad the address I was given and I called them and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Hi Jim,

On HLN with Mike Brooks, it was mentioned that the dog didn't bark and I believe MB assumed it was because the dog got to know you. I thought that was VERY interesting.

What kind of dog is it? Is it the Irwin family dog or a neighbour's? Have you witnessed the dog barking at strangers at any time? Will you and Mike be doing more on site coverage?

I would love to see a recreation of the crime scene, if possible. The back of the house makes the most logical sense (the garage) if an intruder took Lisa.

In that segment I did with Mike I was referring to a dog that belongs to the next door neighbor of the Bradely/Irwins. You may have seen earlier segments where I showed the back way to the Bradley/Irwin's home...I did it during the day and at night to show what it was like back there. It would certainly seem to be a more plausible way to and from the house than out that front window.
Anyway, the first few times I went back there the next door neighbor dog bark loudly at me the whole time i was back there. After going back there many times I think the dog got to know me and he would trot back and see what was going on but not bark.
It's a medium size dog...probably a mix breed (aka mutt).
I thought it was interesting too...but if someone went back there and the dog barked it's hard to say that anyone in the neighborhood would really notice or come back and look. Do you come investigate every time a dog barks? I'm not sure I would. Maybe.
There are lots of dogs in the neighborhood. James Brando has a dog or dogs on the other side of them too. If you walk down Lister and turn right into the wooded area there is a really loud yappy little dog at that house too that made a racket as I walked through there. Another thing to keep in mind is if something happened late at night the dogs were probably inside.
ALos, if you look at a satellite map you'll see that the route to the back yard comes from the side street, not from Lister. You could also come via the woods, but it is pretty dense woods back there.
Will we go back? It depends on fi Deborah and Jeremy want to be interviewed. Short of that or some break in the case I just don't really know what I would do.

Different Megan Wright...this was while I was searching for the real MW and I happened across this other apparently unrelated woman.

Jim, in all the time the two women were sitting out on the stoop, partying and, according to Shane Beagley, getting "loud", have any of the other neighbors said what, if anything they saw that night?

Did you notice a lot of people smoked every hour or so on their stoops? I'm not being facetious, I really would like to know if this is common and as opposed to using their back porch where there's a bit more privacy.

I didn't speak with anyone else who saw them, but several neighbors didn't want to talk to the media and some had "No Trespassing" signs on the yards so we couldn't really do a good survey.

It wouldn't be unusual to hang out on front stoops if you were socializing with your friends. Yes, their decks would probably be nicer, but I don't think it is unusual that they would be on the front stoop. In general I think people like to come out front and see what's happening in the neighborhood.

I cant say I noticed one way or the other if people smoked on their front porches since people reacted to our presence in different ways...sometimes they came out to give us a look and see what was going on, other people would probably avoid us...either way, hard to say what people would do when we weren't there.

Jim, I'm curious about the two other cars that were parked at DB/JI's home. Tax records show that JI owns a Chevy pick-up and a SUV. I know one of those was apparently not operable (up on blocks?). Are both of those cars still at the home?

They have an older white sedan, a Lincoln Town car I think, that they drove on a regular basis. Down the drive way there was another similar white sedan..another town car or a crown vic or something...and an SUV. I never saw either of these move. Thats all I can tell you.

KCPD hasn't told me anything definitive about the phones except that the 8:30 call Megan referred to was apparently actually a detective calling at 8:30 AM that next morning. I've said this many times, but I don't think we really know what we need to know about the phones but I think they are essential to the case.

Jim, when we hear about the phones, it is almost always about DB's phone. Have you heard anything at all with regards to JI's personal phone?

Do you know who their phone provider was? We have heard Verizon, but I'm not sure of the source of that info. Have you been able to confirm that?

Thanks!

Jim, when we hear about the phones, it is almost always about DB's phone. Have you heard anything at all with regards to JI's personal phone?

Do you know who their phone provider was? We have heard Verizon, but I'm not sure of the source of that info. Have you been able to confirm that?

Thanks!

I dont recall the provider, but Verizon sounds right. Others have apparently seen the phone records but i haven't

My understanding is that JI had a work cell phone with him but that he either didn't have a personal phone or that his personal phone was one of the three reported missing, but honestly I don't really know first hand. One of the family members posted on FB about the phones...David Netz maybe?

In that segment I did with Mike I was referring to a dog that belongs to the next door neighbor of the Bradely/Irwins. You may have seen earlier segments where I showed the back way to the Bradley/Irwin's home...I did it during the day and at night to show what it was like back there. It would certainly seem to be a more plausible way to and from the house than out that front window.
Anyway, the first few times I went back there the next door neighbor dog bark loudly at me the whole time i was back there. After going back there many times I think the dog got to know me and he would trot back and see what was going on but not bark.
It's a medium size dog...probably a mix breed (aka mutt).
I thought it was interesting too...but if someone went back there and the dog barked it's hard to say that anyone in the neighborhood would really notice or come back and look. Do you come investigate every time a dog barks? I'm not sure I would. Maybe.
There are lots of dogs in the neighborhood. James Brando has a dog or dogs on the other side of them too. If you walk down Lister and turn right into the wooded area there is a really loud yappy little dog at that house too that made a racket as I walked through there. Another thing to keep in mind is if something happened late at night the dogs were probably inside.
ALos, if you look at a satellite map you'll see that the route to the back yard comes from the side street, not from Lister. You could also come via the woods, but it is pretty dense woods back there.
Will we go back? It depends on fi Deborah and Jeremy want to be interviewed. Short of that or some break in the case I just don't really know what I would do.

What about the Irwin dog?

I never saw them with a dog...but they were at the other house the whole time i was there. Do they have a dog? I don't recall hearing that.
I thought they had one. I know they had a cat :)

Thanks again for taking the time to come and answer questions. I wish there were more news.

Oh, I have another question - if you stood flush with the house where the window to the computer room is, where on your body would the ledge be? In other words, waist high, shoulder high...etc.

I thought they had one. I know they had a cat :)

Thanks again for taking the time to come and answer questions. I wish there were more news.

Oh, I have another question - if you stood flush with the house where the window to the computer room is, where on your body would the ledge be? In other words, waist high, shoulder high...etc.

Chest high or so.

I believe their dog was a black lab, IIRC. Kept in the fenced backyard.

Jim, I am wondering if you will stay on this story, if there are no new developments? It worries me that much of the media are falling away, & eventually Lisa will be totally forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhiser79
Back