*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am seeing flyers up at most business around town in SE Portland. They were on the registers at the Walgreens on 82nd and Johnson Creek as well as the front doors.

I'm watching FOX 12 news now (the 8pm one) and they just showed the video of Kyron singing with his classmates. Definitely not top of the news cast but 5-7 minutes in and they did the story at least.

Are they still asking you guys not to set up searches?

If not has anyone set up any volunteer searches?

What are the sort of tips that can come in this late in the game though?

Right pdx. It would be nearly impossible to even know what or where to search. A body on SI? Or what?

Someone mentioned the DA and Police were on outs. Is this (bolded below) part of the reason; or, is this something that started before Kyron went missing??

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...tery-man-in-photo/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Multnomah County Sheriff’s office said it knows who the mysterious man is in the background of the picture of Kyron Horman standing in front of his Tree Frog display.

He has been interviewed but is not a person of interest in the case.

His name will not be released and the Sheriff’s office will not say if he is a parent or teacher.

The picture and that man in the back of room became a hot topic of conversation after Portland Mayor Sam Adams sent out this alert to the public asking for help in identifying the man:

Do you recognize the man in this photo (2nd photo down in the story)? http://bit.ly/anVz0r #fb

Also, for those interested in seeing home videos of Kyron, you can see them at the same link as above.
OMG, That is amazing having Sam Adams interject himself into the case. I guess one would have to BE a local to appreciate the rhetoric. :angel:

Yes little blips...the number for the tipline is still on the front page this morning I think. Also, his picture is still up in many places. My errands today...bank, Target, groceries, Rite Aid, dry cleaners and Baskin Robbins....ALL still had his flyer up.

I'm always looking for the posters as I am running errands, driving...and I am dismayed at how few I have seen! Maybe I am naive, but I really thought EVERY business would have them up.

I put a poster in my car window. I think I have only seen one other. In my (somewhat addled) head, I have this vision of every car having a poster. Not only to help find Kyron, but as a sort-of you can run, but you can't hide message to the perp.

The guy who made my sandwich at Subway the other day was wearing one of the t-shirts, though.

What are the sort of tips that can come in this late in the game though?
For instance a tip about a special red mustang being driven somewhere on the 4th. Someone wrote that about 2 weeks ago and I sure hope they called LE.

Sometimes it takes something to jog a memory especially if one has wracked their brain thinking. One word or seeing something and BANG, the memory kicks in. I have found stuff I've lost like that. :crazy:

I'm always looking for the posters as I am running errands, driving...and I am dismayed at how few I have seen! Maybe I am naive, but I really thought EVERY business would have them up.

I put a poster in my car window. I think I have only seen one other. In my (somewhat addled) head, I have this vision of every car having a poster. Not only to help find Kyron, but as a sort-of you can run, but you can't hide message to the perp.

The guy who made my sandwich at Subway the other day was wearing one of the t-shirts, though.

My son spent a couple of weeks in Portland at my brother's and rode the MAX a lot and he said there were posters all over the MAX. I hope they stay up.

I feel this way too! I'm particularly surprised about the lack of them in the Tanasbourne area. There are so many businesses there and it's only a few miles from the school.

I feel this way too! I'm particularly surprised about the lack of them in the Tanasbourne area. There are so many businesses there and it's only a few miles from the school.
Hi, I was just going to reply to Bean's post with that. There should be flyers all over Tanesbourne as I bet a lot of people from the Skyline area shop there.

Hi, I was just going to reply to Bean's post with that. There should be flyers all over Tanesbourne as I bet a lot of people from the Skyline area shop there.

I agree. I'm there a fair amount and the only place I've seen one is Haggen... and it was sort of crumpled and off to the side of the main door :(.

I wonder if it's the businesses that don't want them up, or just that no one has canvassed there.

I agree. I'm there a fair amount and the only place I've seen one is Haggen... and it was sort of crumpled and off to the side of the main door :(.

I wonder if it's the businesses that don't want them up, or just that no one has canvassed there.

Hmmm, I don't know but could hardly see a business saying no to a poster, in the shopping radius of the school. In fact I bet a lot of people who work or own businesses there live out in that neck of the woods, eh?

Hmmm, I don't know but could hardly see a business saying no to a poster, in the shopping radius of the school. In fact I bet a lot of people who work or own businesses there live out in that neck of the woods, eh?

I would think so. Maybe I should print some flyers and ask around this weekend.

maybe the locals could volunteer to pass out flyers at the local mall, grocery stores, in the parking lots or make rounds to the businesses. LE said ya couldnt search the didnt say anything about handing out posters.

Local Fox12 (KPTV) early news (10pm PST) just finished a couple minute story on Kyron. Showed snippets of some home videos, reading in class about a project he completed about bridges, singing in the school play or concert - just adorable stuff! Also interviewed a friend of the family. Early today, I read a report online (at kptv.com) that also stated the "biological parents, are expected to meet with reporters Friday morning." It also specifically stated who wouldn't be present. The online article was upated this evening, and that portion of the article has been removed.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24025131/detail.html

Local Fox12 (KPTV) early news (10pm PST) just finished a couple minute story on Kyron. Showed snippets of some home videos, reading in class about a project he completed about bridges, singing in the school play or concert - just adorable stuff! Also interviewed a friend of the family. Early today, I read a report online (at kptv.com) that also stated the "biological parents, are expected to meet with reporters Friday morning." It also specifically stated who wouldn't be present. The online article was upated this evening, and that portion of the article has been removed.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24025131/detail.html

Hi Scrunch ~ Love your NIK BTW even tho I shorten it. LOL

I am dying to see what posters think about why they would state who wouldn't be there {kind of odd} and then in the update remove that part of the article. Any ideas?

ETA: They deleted the whole paragraph about the bio parents meeting with the media on Fri. Must have come down from LE, eh?

maybe the locals could volunteer to pass out flyers at the local mall, grocery stores, in the parking lots or make rounds to the businesses. LE said ya couldnt search the didnt say anything about handing out posters.

I think a lot of locals have been handing them out. I live close-in to the city and have seen them in every grocery store I shop in as well as on light posts and things around the city there are also billboards in a couple of places in high traffic areas. The way that little Kyron's story has taken hold of our community, I would be shocked if anyone said no to posting them.

We are all committed to bringing Kyron home. And to the perpetrator... you are already seeing and feeling how stong Kyron was...the outpouring and attention has surprised you and worried you...this will be an emotional hell and feeling of paranoia you will never surmount in your physical lifetime, it will only get worse and trust me on this because Kyron was stong and gifted in a way you will never understand..... the only releif you will feel will come after it has closed. You already know this so make it so.....

OMG, That is amazing having Sam Adams interject himself into the case. I guess one would have to BE a local to appreciate the rhetoric. :angel:

Sounds like he is just getting in the way, second guessing LE, and trying to gain media attention for himself in the midst of this sad case.

Sounds like he is just getting in the way, second guessing LE, and trying to gain media attention for himself in the midst of this sad case.

How's that? Didn't he just re-tweet the LE message that had been put out that day? The plea for the case to not fall out of public view, and a repeated call for tips.

Believe me, I'm as irritated with Adams as just about anyone, but the tweeting & social messaging is a big part of his office. He has two staffers dedicated to keeping the messages flowing. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back