*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone tell me what MSM is? I don't know where else to put this question.

I just wanted to give a huge thank you to all our locals.It means so much to all of us!

Well, I wish someone could spit out what the locals know.........

I'm a local and I don't know anything. I wish I did. It seems like this little boy will never have justice and whoever did this will get away with it because they found a good hiding place.

I'm a local and I don't know anything. I wish I did. It seems like this little boy will never have justice and whoever did this will get away with it because they found a good hiding place.

Same here.. I don't know who these 'in the know' folk are.
It *does* feel like a game of 'keep yer mouth shut' and 'they can't pin anything on me!'.

With no media source, WS considers it rumor, so.. :)

If you are a verified local and hear something first hand in this case, it is allowed to post it. However, many feel that it is impeding an investigation and so they might choose to keep it to themselves.

Another reason not to say anything is that a person might not want to find themselves on the news. The media is starving for new stories in this case.

On Prime News today someone had twittered or phoned in a comment that the people of Portland knew a whole lot more about this case than they were saying...Did anyone else hear that? And what could they have meant? :waitasec:

I'm one of those "people of Portland" and I'm not privy to any special info! :deal: :read: :crossfingers: I'm not allowed to say more than that. :lipssealed:

:floorlaugh:

ETA: In case it's not clear, I'm joking. I really can't see an entire city being privy to confidential information, as suggested by the tweet or phone call to Prime News.

where might one go online to read the rumors?

If anyone knows anything that might help answer some questions we have....that would be great. But if anyone is not comfortable sharing the info...they should not even mention it, it's like dangling a carrot or something. And we all know how sleuths go after carrots......it's like the running of the bulls,:crazy:

where might one go online to read the rumors?

We don't discuss rumors here or where to find them. Thanks!

If anyone knows anything that might help answer some questions we have....that would be great. But if anyone is not comfortable sharing the info...they should not even mention it, it's like dangling a carrot or something. And we all know how sleuths go after carrots......it's like the running of the bulls,:crazy:

You are exactly right. In fact, it is a TOS violation to say you know something and can't share it. We call it "baiting" and will earn you a Time Out.

Just wanted to say Hi to all of the locals that have taken the time to answer our questions. It is greatly appreciated ... and yes, I have more questions for you!

1.) I am wondering if the locals still feel that Terri is involved somehow; and, that their kids are safe?

2.) Several people have voiced concerns about school starting back. What about the locals & parents w/ kids that go to Skyline? How do you feel?

3.) What is the general consensus as to weather Kyron may still be alive?

4.) If the locals still feel that Terri is involved, has there been any kind of wave of relief or other feelings since Terri has moved? TIA!

Just wanted to say Hi to all of the locals that have taken the time to answer our questions. It is greatly appreciated ... and yes, I have more questions for you!

1.) I am wondering if the locals still feel that Terri is involved somehow; and, that their kids are safe?

2.) Several people have voiced concerns about school starting back. What about the locals & parents w/ kids that go to Skyline? How do you feel?

4.) If the locals still feel that Terri is involved, has there been any kind of wave of relief or other feelings since Terri has moved? TIA!

Answering for myself only, I don't think there are any answers to your questions. The metro area is over 2 million people.. we're probably a cross section just like you would find here, or in your city or...
The local newspaper is at www.oregonlive.com and readers can comment on stories; that might be a way to get a feel for the sort of info you want.

I was looking at a new FB page in support of TH this morning; many people are from the area, others are not.

I don't feel any relief or satisfaction that TH has moved out of town, maybe even the opposite. None of the parents at my elementary school have voiced any organized problem with our local inner-city school; I'm in charge of neighborhood communications and feel like I would have heard if there were.

I'm also a compulsive question-answerer. :D

Has LE been visual in the area (searches, etc) since last week? Are there any searches going on now?

I know people keep saying to find Kyron, which I ,of course, would love to happen, but where in the world would one begin?

What more could LE possibly do?

I know people keep saying to find Kyron, which I ,of course, would love to happen, but where in the world would one begin?

What more could LE possibly do?

I think that is the most frustrating part of this. We are so helpless in this situation. We all have grown to love Kyron. We all want to help bring him home safely and quickly. I'm sure LE feels the same way as well.

Unfortunately, if Terri does know something, it will probably take her deciding to put an end to all of this. Sadly, I don't see that happening. We can only hope that someone else does know and will develop a conscience.

Does anyone know if LE is allowing others to search now? They may not feel the need to search if they feel certain he is still alive. I just don't know what to believe anymore. :cry: :cry:
:frog:

1. I think she is involved somehow. (So does everyone else around my area)

2. My kids are all grown. But I don't think kids are safe anywhere anymore. :( When I moved here 12 years ago, our area was still reeling from the Thurston High shootings by Kip Kinkle.

3. No one I talk to around here thinks Kyron is still alive. :(

4. N/A since I live somewhere between Portland and Roseburg.

1 - Yes, I do feel she is and most everyone I talk to feel the same. I don't believe kids are any less safe than they were prior to Kyron disappearing. I think it's a pretty scary world compared to when I was a child though. :(

2 - I have kids in the school district but they do not attend Skyline. Being that mine are so young though, I'm not sure I can really answer this question. I've been overprotective of my kids since before Kyron disappeared. Though I admit that once he went missing, even though I felt it was an isolated incident, I wouldn't let my kids be dropped off in front of the school anymore. I decided to instead park and walk with them into the school before I'd leave and I changed that all because of Kyron.

3 - No one I know believes he is alive. Do we hope he is? Yes. Do we believe in our hearts that he is? No.

4 - No relief, no real anything. I'm in Portland and if anything, I feel bad for the residents of Roseburg (mainly due to the media frenzy).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back