Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone umm super new to the site very excited to help in anyway I can my question is......how do I search for cases around me or in a certain state or county?

Oh and 1 more question I know cops don't do anything about it but if someone overdoses on a drug dose anyone look into who sold it them? If you're a bartender and over serve some one and they get in there car and kill someone else the bartender can be charged with murder shouldn't some of these drug dealers putting deadly chemicals in there products be held accountable as well?

Hello everyone umm super new to the site very excited to help in anyway I can my question is......how do I search for cases around me or in a certain state or county?
There is a search function on the top right. If I’m looking for a specific case, I use that. However, if I’m just looking for cases in my area I sometimes just go to the appropriate forum (missing persons, crimes in the news, etc) and look for my state in the thread title.

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for searching aliases, when the last-used alias has almost certainly changed. The person I'm looking for (accused of 1st degree murder) turned up in Mississippi in 2014 under an alias (but a different ID card was found with his things, which had the name of the wanted killer.) He'll now be using a different name...

His name is Ronald Jeffrey Bax. He was using the aliases Barry Spencer Clark or Barry Jones at one point.

"Randy" is another possibility.

Are there any techniques for narrowing this down, or is it pretty much a shot in the dark?

Thanks! :)

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice for searching aliases, when the last-used alias has almost certainly changed. The person I'm looking for (accused of 1st degree murder) turned up in Mississippi in 2014 under an alias (but a different ID card was found with his things, which had the name of the wanted killer.) He'll now be using a different name...

His name is Ronald Jeffrey Bax. He was using the aliases Barry Spencer Clark or Barry Jones at one point.

"Randy" is another possibility.

Are there any techniques for narrowing this down, or is it pretty much a shot in the dark?

Thanks! :)

Try www.pipl.com
You can narrow search by state also. But i think it would show if this person legally changed his name.

Try www.pipl.com
You can narrow search by state also. But i think it would show if this person legally changed his name.
Thanks for your reply! I've been finding pips.com extremely helpful for finding people relevant to the case, but not the murderer himself. He definitely wouldn't have changed his name through any legal proceeding, and I can't imagine he's on Facebook. This guy is an expert at living under rocks. It's also possible he's not in the US at all at this point... maybe Mexico or South America. Not totally sure how to go about searching there!

Hi everybody...

Not sure this is the place (sorry) but I'm really confused about some info I'm finding. I was looking into Indiana Missing Persons to compare to Israel Keyes timeline and noticed that there are nine missing kids aged 16-18 in my area, that all went missing in April and May of 2018 or 2019. It was weird, so I tried to do some more looking, but I literally can't find anything. No news articles, NAMUS stuff, NCMEC stuff, Facebook stuff, anything. I just am not sure why there would be this many missing kids in a small area and nothing about it.

Can anyone help answer my dumb question before I embarrass myself by asking the local detectives? I'm sure it's fine... I'm just really confused about these kids.

Thanks!

Hi I’m looking for advice on submitting matches, how often should you Followup after you submit a missing person and Doe match?

Morning,

Very new to this forum. I'm trying to find out if somebody has had a conviction in the UK and Belgium. Its seems to be very easy to do so for the US but Europe is really locked down, I'm guessing due to privacy laws. Is there a way around this?

I have a question. I have followed the case of Janson Brewer and Daniel Braden out of Lawrenceburg, TN (Lawrence County). I used to live there and still have family in the area. I do hear a lot of the local chatter and wonder why it seems LE are not taking the “rumors” more seriously. Maybe they are, but I haven’t heard of any searches of the two main locations being discussed by locals. There have been several suspicious murders in the area. In fact, in January 2018 there were four bodies found, one on January 12, one on January 14, one on January 17, and one on January 21. Ironically, one of the men accused of killing the man on January 21 is rumored to be involved in deaths of these two missing guys. IMO. This same man was in prison for murder back in 2002. When I started snooping around I found many suspicious murders, hit and runs, and missing. I don’t want to add too much here since there are no links to this, but the information is disturbing. The flyer for Janson and Daniel is possibly misleading the public because it implies the guys were headed to Florida. The family has been fighting to get LE to help them (IMO). I do not see any threads for these guys, maybe we can help get the word out and the pressure on. Don’t get me wrong, I respect LE and they likely have limited information aside from the town gossip. I just feel compelled to help get attention to this case and maybe a few of you will be interested in digging around to see if there are any links between these suspicious cases. All of this information is speculation and not to be taken as fact. Oh, I can say Janson and Daniel are in NamUs.

I found an interesting 'virtual' cemetary on find-a-grave for unsolved case victims: All Unsolved Cases, No body found or the Killer is Missing: a Virtual Cemetery - Find A Grave
There are more than 280 memorials on it. Is there a place for this in the resources? I wasn't sure but it is an interesting way of keeping the victims in memory.
That's so nice to be able to leave a message,so their not forgotten,God bless them all and their families, the ones who loved them and are grieving..x

Hi Fluttrbye :)

Is this a cold case your looking for? or is it a solved case?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
This was a solved and prosecuted case.
Hi Fluttrbye :)

Is this a cold case your looking for? or is it a solved case?

Welcome to Websleuths!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
This is a solved and prosecuted case. My grandmother was murdered by my brother and I was hoping to find any newspaper reports of this murder, if possible. Thank you!

Hello-
I’m trying to find out how I can access any newspaper articles achieves, missing persons and obituary, police reports etc from 1980.

I’ve been trying to do so online with no luck. I also went to the local library and there was nothing. I also asked the librarian for help and she couldn’t find much other than saying to try Universities.

This is in regard to an kidnapping and murder of a teen in our town in 1980.
I was always told one killer had killed her- but it’s not on his record.

There is virtually nothing on this teen girl other then her death Entry, headstone and 1 yearbook photo :(

Thank you

TL;DR What tools/methods do detectives employ to keep track of so much information in an orderly and referential fashion and how can I imitate that with the cases I'm following?

I've been following a few cases for some time now and have come across a slew of information on some (internet/book sources, relationships, genealogies, tips, clues, timelines, ect.) and I haven't yet found a good way to structure the information in a suitable way such that I can refer back to it at any point and easily find something I'm looking for. Currently I am simply collecting links/information into text files, but usually within a few edits I have way too much to keep track of in an unsorted mess.

That got me thinking; surely there must be professional tools/methods used by detectives in order to keep their cases orderly and structured. I'd appreciate it if anyone could refer to me some real cases that have been released to the public in their original form, or at least shine a light on some of the methods. I understand that much of it may be acquired knowledge, so I'm also interested to know your personal methods that you employ when collecting and sorting such information.

Sorry for so many questions - please feel free to answer as few (no - not none) or as many of them as you like.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I found this (seemingly professional) tool a while back, which seems to solve a part of my problem (just the genealogies/relationships), and just rediscovered the link: How to map connections between individuals, companies and more with VIS

Hello,
I am new here and not quite sure where I should even start with this question.

My boyfriends father recently passed away, I never met him but my boyfriend talks about him often, as does his mother. He was a really loved member of the community in Asheville, NC but at home it seems he was a completely different person.

What I know.
1) He basically kidnapped my boyfriends mother at the age of 13 to marry him, they moved around a lot, he demanded dinner be on the table at 6pm sharp or would go into a rage. This seemed like a pretty typical Appalachian story from what him mom( boyfriends mother)tells me, but she has extreme nightmares to this day about him.
2) This man once told a girlfriend her dog had died, when really he just gave it away because it was annoying, he made a fake grave in the backyard and everything.

3) When his wife finally left him, he chased her down with a gun, down the highway full car chase *advertiser censored*. He will likely have a misdemeanor charge on record for this is Asheville NC.

I have some more stories, and a little more info. But I’m just not sure where to start.

I just have a nagging feeling that he’s the kind of person who would have gotten away with murder, maybe I am paranoid, maybe I listen to true crime. But then I think of there is a loved one missing, anywhere. They deserve to be found and given some kind of closure.

The name he went by is Lloyd Johnson.
This is not his real name, Lloyd is the middle name, Johnson is the real last name.
If you decide to look into this I would be very interested, or have a place I could start?

Of course I ask that you don’t reach out to the family.( obviously)

Thank you very much!
Happy sleuthing!
-Anna

Hello-
I’m trying to find out how I can access any newspaper articles achieves, missing persons and obituary, police reports etc from 1980.

I’ve been trying to do so online with no luck. I also went to the local library and there was nothing. I also asked the librarian for help and she couldn’t find much other than saying to try Universities.

This is in regard to an kidnapping and murder of a teen in our town in 1980.
I was always told one killer had killed her- but it’s not on his record.

There is virtually nothing on this teen girl other then her death Entry, headstone and 1 yearbook photo :(

Thank you

Scary stuff! Which state, @BlueRoseBlackLodge ? There is a newspaper archive for your state, probably at a university, possibly the State Historical Society. The newspaper archive usually has a copy of every paper published in the state. You should be able to find reports in your town's newspaper of 1980, and neighboring towns.

Mind telling us the state, & a bit more about the case? Is there a thread for this crime, you've probably noticed posters here are creative, curious, and persistent!

JMHO YMMV

Have a question about a case or loved one you have missing? Leave your questions here!

I'm still pretty new to sleuthing, but I am really struggling with getting email addresses of those in charge of the cases I am researching. My problem is mostly I am in the UK, and the cases I am covering at present are in the US. It's just how the cases have fallen, so it means if the investigators don't have Skype then I'm going to struggle to get in touch with them. I've actually found the DA's really helpful providing me with emails but are there any suggestions or tips more senior sleuths have?

Also, I was wondering if someone could help me with access requests in the US? It's different from the UK way of doing things and I'm worried if I don't follow the protocol that they'll point blank refuse to hand over any case information.

Sorry for the questions.

Hello!

I am generally a lurker, but you are my people.

My father is getting ready to meet with a detective about the cold case murders of his brother and his brother's partner about 35 years ago.

I am looking for resources about what questions to ask in the brief time he will have with the detective. We plan to ask about:

1) Any evidence that can be DNA tested and how that process works
2) What is in file and evidence and what can we access
3) Plan going forward

Where can I find more help on how to do this right? Is there another place I can post this?

Thank you so much!

@HeatherSLC

Others will be able to give better advise than me.

I would expand on #2 and ask specifically "if there were any POI's, or suspects, and if so, were they cleared? and what cleared them?"

Be adamant that you want the case reopened, and that you will help in any way.

DNA has progressed so much over the years. I wish you much luck!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt
Back