Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know that the paintbrush was used in the sexual assault, rather than a digit that handled the paintbrush?

We do not. However it is hard to imagine a digit caused the bleeding. The abrasion suggests that something harder than a finger was used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know that the paintbrush was used in the sexual assault, rather than a digit that handled the paintbrush?

There was "birefringent material" that was recovered from inside. It's been supposed that this material came from the paintbrush. If memory serves, there were also splinters present. Couple that with the fact that the other end of the paint brush handle was never recovered (even though the tip was, which wasn't used in the crime), and it makes a very good case that this is what was used in the assault.

Yeah ,i wish there was more to that birefringent material in the AR.

Anyway i guess as per solving what was staging , by whom and what was really assault, the broken paintbrush might be an important key..not that i figured anything out though..

If the paintbrush itslf was not used for sexualt assault then how did those particles end up inside JB cause at that point she was prob alive and the cord and garrote on the neck were not used yet. So the assaulter had no reason to handle the paintbrush and the particles could not come from his fingers . So if that birefringent material came fom paintbrush, it was certainly put inside Jb. I 'm not sure if it makes sense lol

One part of the paintbrush was probably used for the sexualt assault and is missing and the other part for the garrote and the third part is in the tray having P's red fibers . This shows If the garrote was pure staging, then the one making it was aware that the other part of it were used for assaulting JB so she/he chose exactly that particular stick among tens of brushes.
But how did the stager know that the perpetrator put the paintbrush inside JB? The birefringent material if that came from the paintbrush were discovered at the autopsy report and were not visible .

So either the bloodied part of the brush was left on the scene or the perpetrator confessed that or maybe the garrote was not staging and the assaulter and the one who did the garrote are the same person.

^ I feel like the stager him/herself is the one that assaulted her with the paintbrush. This is where others will disagree (i.e. BDI's), but that is just my personal opinion.

Why wouldn't the person take the brush? One reason is because s/he simply couldn't find it in the tray after s/he cracked the paintbrush. Another would be because it was used in the assault and had to be hidden in order to cover up the fact that it was used at all. I suppose either is possible; we'll just never know.

I also tend to think that ' the staging within staging' was mentioned for
B's little staging after what he had done plus one of the parents's staging to cover it up.

I never once believed J and P did the cover up and staging seperately . They were clever enough to be aware of their final version.

One part of the paintbrush was probably used for the sexualt assault and is missing and the other part for the garrote and the third part is in the tray having P's red fibers . This shows If the garrote was pure staging, then the one making it was aware that the other part of it were used for assaulting JB so she/he chose exactly that particular stick among tens of brushes.
But how did the stager know that the perpetrator put the paintbrush inside JB? The birefringent material if that came from the paintbrush were discovered at the autopsy report and were not visible .

So either the bloodied part of the brush was left on the scene or the perpetrator confessed that or maybe the garrote was not staging and the assaulter and the one who did the garrote are the same person.

MURDERER_SERVANT,
This is I think the best explanation. Its a bit like the days before we saw the True Bills, i.e. BDI was the least inconsistent theory, so explained most of the evidence.

It looks like JonBenet was assaulted with the paintbrush. This might have been deliberate staging or some kind of sexual assault linked to JonBenet's death, I tend to the latter?

Along come the parents to tidy up and they wipe JonBenet down, pull up her size-12's, and use the paintbrush as staging, but remove one end?

Corroboration here lies in the fact that a piece of the paintbrush is still missing, why remove it if you intend it to be part of some kind of staging?

There is the possibility that it was left inside JonBenet, and this is why Coroner Meyer refers to birefringent material and say not cellulose splinter?

So Patsy knows JonBenet was sexually assaulted, she or JR wiped her down hoping to hide this?

Was the paintbrush added to the ligature to explain away its presence, did the parents know there was a missing piece, so concluded the obvious from the blood stains on JonBenet's inner thighs?

ETA: Patently JonBenet's killer might have used the paintbrush and ligature in some other capacity, prior to killing JonBenet and defiling her?

When the parents arrive they have a incomplete paintbrush, a ligature and a blood stained JonBenet.

^ Just to be clear (maybe I'm just misunderstanding), it's impossible for the other end of the brush to be inside. They would have recovered it. It wouldn't have just disappeared or been "lost" so to speak.

^ Just to be clear (maybe I'm just misunderstanding), it's impossible for the other end of the brush to be inside. They would have recovered it. It wouldn't have just disappeared or been "lost" so to speak.

Userid,
Sure they would have recovered it. In this scenario they just keep quiet, this is standard procedure, normally used to match the killer with their confession?

Failing this, it's still missing. Why bother with that piece but not the rest, where is the percentage in that?

This is where the possibility of the parents recognizing a piece is missing and JonBenet being blood stained cannot be wholly disconnected so employ the paintbrush into the crime-scene?

It's very possible that the birefringent material got there via secondhand transfer. For example, it is generally assumed that whoever wiped JonBenet down was probably wearing gloves at this point. It's likely that the ligature was fashioned while wearing gloves also, meaning lots of little splinters could be transferred onto them. While it is also generally believed that JonBenet was jabbed with the missing end of the paintbrush, we don't know for sure what caused the superficial assault injuries (I say superficial because these injuries were consistent with an aggressive sexual assault committed that night, but rather as a diversion).

It's very possible that the birefringent material got there via secondhand transfer. For example, it is generally assumed that whoever wiped JonBenet down was probably wearing gloves at this point. It's likely that the ligature was fashioned while wearing gloves also, meaning lots of little splinters could be transferred onto them. While it is also generally believed that JonBenet was jabbed with the missing end of the paintbrush, we don't know for sure what caused the superficial assault injuries (I say superficial because these injuries were consistent with an aggressive sexual assault committed that night, but rather as a diversion).

This is something that I have wondered about. Maybe there was no sexual assault, as such?

If the person who did the wiping down was being very rough then is it not possible that the 'foreign bifringement material' got inside JBR during this process? Those whittled wood splinters may have been scattered about on the floor of the basement.

Just speculation of course.

This is something that I have wondered about. Maybe there was no sexual assault, as such?

If the person who did the wiping down was being very rough then is it not possible that the 'foreign bifringement material' got inside JBR during this process? Those whittled wood splinters may have been scattered about on the floor of the basement.

Just speculation of course.

Wiping her down wouldn't cause her hymen to erode. And why would they need to wipe her down if she wasn't assaulted? It wasn't due to the urine as the stained pants reveal, it was due to the blood ( that we know was wiped off due to the alt light source).

If the brush end was "left" inside her (which, recall that this is like an inch long piece at most, it would have been hard to use already broken) then we would see a redacted portion of the AR, at least a couple sentences worth. Most likely near the descriptions of her other pelvic injuries. I'm on mobile, but this should be easy to confirm or deny. Acandyrose has the AR scan

Wiping her down wouldn't cause her hymen to erode. And why would they need to wipe her down if she wasn't assaulted? It wasn't due to the urine as the stained pants reveal, it was due to the blood ( that we know was wiped off due to the alt light source).

If the brush end was "left" inside her (which, recall that this is like an inch long piece at most, it would have been hard to use already broken) then we would see a redacted portion of the AR, at least a couple sentences worth. Most likely near the descriptions of her other pelvic injuries. I'm on mobile, but this should be easy to confirm or deny. Acandyrose has the AR scan

Isn't it a more probable scenario that the paintbrush was used inside her before being broken , if it was used at all? So not probable for the tip to be left inside..

Isn't it a more probable scenario that the paintbrush was used inside her before being broken , if it was used at all? So not probable for the tip to be left inside..

This makes sense to me as well. They'd want to dispose of the bloodied end of the brush wouldn't they? And the missing piece is so small that I can't see it being used for anything.

I'd like to know if the paintbrush had any of Patsy's prints on it? You'd think it would be covered in them. So was it wiped down before it was used?

I'd like to know if the paintbrush had any of Patsy's prints on it? You'd think it would be covered in them. So was it wiped down before it was used?

I guess it was wiped down as soon as the staging started probably wearing gloves just like JB 's down part.

I'm interested to know, from BDI'ers, how you think the R's behaved right when they discovered JBR.

Let's assume BR woke them up and told them: one or both goes to the body (wherever it is, at this point). They see her. What do you think their immediate reaction was?

Now, let's assume that one or both of them discovered JBR without BR telling them anything at all. They (or one of the R's) see her. What do you think the immediate reaction was?

Did they immediately know, in either scenario, that she was dead? Did they immediately know, in either scenario, that a sexual assault took place? Did they, without touching the body at all, immediately run away, put on gloves, begin writing the ransom note?

I'm just curious about the immediate chain of events. To me, the first thing to do would be to tend immediately to my child, in either scenario, and perform CPR; or scream to the heavens to call 911 -- even if my own son had told me "I did something to JBR." It would be a natural immediate reaction, as opposed to a reaction of (without touching the body at all) "I need to cover this up; I need to grab some gloves."

To me, that's why I believe one of the parents did it. One of them already knew she was dead -- because in either case (whether BR told them or not), even if it was their own son, the immediate natural reaction would be too automatic to suppress in such a situation. You would still do everything you could to save your little girl and you would worry about an excuse/cover-up for your son later.

Here's a short possible step by step scenario. Just one of many theories of course..

Paintbrush put inside her/ shouts / paintbrush taken out/ blood / more shouts as she pulls her panties and longjohns / head bash /she falls on her stomach and her hands are above her head/ an hour later burke came back to stage the scene as if sb else did it/ put the cord around her neck (the second line on her neck as seen in the AR)/ she died and urinated /Early in the morning patsy came / pulled off the cord first but she was dead already/ her fibers all over the cord / second staging started by probably j / bloodied paintbrush was there/ the stager wore gloves/ paintbrush was wiped / panties pulled down/ johns dna got on the waist part of the panties/ jb was wiped / panties and longjohns pulled up again/ she was put in the suitcase but didn't fit that's how her fibers got in the suitcase /because of the risk of being seen , the plan switched to an intruder/ paintbrush tip was broken and hidden/ the garrote was made and the cord was pulled around her neck again /her arms which were above her head stiffened , were tied with the cord / she was hidden in the winecellar/ tape was put on her mouth/ the tampered suitcase was put under the window .

Userid
That's a good question in yr latest post. I'm sure the other BDI'ers will answer you better than me. It's 02:00 pm here so I'd better get some sleep :)

:bedtime:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member