Ramifications of a Not Guilty Verdict in Casey Anthony Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I see her being found NG is if there is something seriously wrong with the jurors b/c the case and evidence against her is just too strong. There is no way 12 people will find her not guilty, the best she might get is a hung jury which will most likely result in a retrial. BUT remember this will be a DP case with a DP qualified jury. These types of juries are way more likely to convict, as they did with SP who had way less evidence against him. From what I remember OJ's jury was not DP qualified. If they had been maybe we would have seen a different outcome (as well as if the races of the jurors didn't favor OJs during the midst of racial riots and tension). Also JB is definitely NO Cochran. He has to be one of the worst criminal attorneys on the planet and the day he is able to get KC Anthony off is the day pigs will fly.

Bold=mine
Very important point.

I dont see this as even a remote possibility . KC is no OJ in any way.
She is guilty and SA is going to prove it beyond any doubt . We arent going to see
the most damming evidence until trial.
The shows and the internet will go on as before . In a few years KC will be mostly forgotten and some other wingnut will be grabbing the headlines .
I couldn’t agree with this post more. She will definitely be convicted.
Casey and her parents will get to be ‘celebrities’ for another year or so
and then will fall into the same hole that swallowed up Diane Downs
and Susan Smith.

The defense team is only going to impress each other . the jury will mostly
ignore the foresnic arguments by them. They too are sick of the police
are bad the labs incompetent - they picking on the prisoner defenses and
soddi has also worn out its welcome.

I agree! The state is withholding the most damning evidence until trial. There's much that hasn't been released under the Sunshine Law. What about that stain in the trunk of the car? What about the papers retrieved from the attic of the Anthony home? Are they the missing diary pages?

I think the latest document dump was discouraging as it didn't have any of the conclusive evidence that we all expected. That doesn't mean that the state doesn't have a solid case. It just means the state is shedding some of the documentation that it doesn't deem crucial to their case. They aren't giving the defense the "smoking gun" material in advance of the trial.

This is the second time I have seen the bolded. Now I can't member if I even ask the other time. I don't member what papers---how do you know they found papers? DO THE A's know they went to their attic?

I agree! The state is withholding the most damning evidence until trial. There's much that hasn't been released under the Sunshine Law. What about that stain in the trunk of the car? What about the papers retrieved from the attic of the Anthony home? Are they the missing diary pages?

I think the latest document dump was discouraging as it didn't have any of the conclusive evidence that we all expected. That doesn't mean that the state doesn't have a solid case. It just means the state is shedding some of the documentation that it doesn't deem crucial to their case. They aren't giving the defense the "smoking gun" material in advance of the trial.

This is the second time I have seen the bolded. Now I can't member if I even ask the other time. I don't member what papers---how do you know they found papers? DO THE A's know they went to their attic?
MB. I'll see yer "What papers?" and raise ya one "What attic?"

I agree with every one here. If she is found not guilty, I really feel that the family and especially KC will be in great danger from public violence. Just remembering the scene outside of the Anthony house earlier this year, I truly feel something horrible will happen. Even OJ Simpson was not as hated as she is, IMO. Because of little Caylee's age, it will be bad. Please do not think that I in any way advocate this, I just think that is the way it will be.

Hi Zippitydo.. love the name :blowkiss:

OJ was publicly shunned. I know a group of women that ran him off a golf course in CA - they followed him from hole to hole, and gave him such hell that he had to leave the course. He was a major sports celebrity, a legend, and had an ego the size of Long Island. But, his life as he knew it was never the same, and we know where he is now. He is the same kind of monster as the one who killed Caylee, and his trial was a farce.

IMO, Casey will never leave prison. She'll be convicted of this crime, and soon after will basically fall off the face of this earth. I do think that she'll have to be in protective custody for the rest of her life as it’s possible that an inmate would exact the same type of justice that Jeffery Dahmer received.

I believe CA will dole out her own kind of justice to KC should KC walk. And it won't be pretty....hehehe...

From what I understand - can't recall where I read it now, but it was here at WS - during one of the search warrants there were papers retrieved from an attic crawl space. There was brief discussion about it and I remember at the time that I posted something to the effect that perhaps since LE had already conducted a couple of searches of the Anthony home, the Anthonys didn't expect any further search warrants. I felt that either Cindy or Casey (when she was out on bail) may have put the papers in the attic crawl space, thinking they were safe.

Wonder if they said what room the crawl space was in.

From what I understand - can't recall where I read it now, but it was here at WS - during one of the search warrants there were papers retrieved from an attic crawl space. There was brief discussion about it and I remember at the time that I posted something to the effect that perhaps since LE had already conducted a couple of searches of the Anthony home, the Anthonys didn't expect any further search warrants. I felt that either Cindy or Casey (when she was out on bail) may have put the papers in the attic crawl space, thinking they were safe.

It is in the discovery docs from 2/18. Page 3407, item #40. "One storage container with newspaper articles" Location is "attic".

I may be idealistic, but I don't believe any parent of KC's caliber can go on trial for murdering their child and expect to be given a free pass to walk out of the doors of justice by simply sitting on their hands and keeping their mouths shut throughout the entire process. It might work if we're talking about a spousal murder, but when it comes to any evidence that points to a parent as the culpable person in the death of a child, the jury will demand a verbal explanation from the defendant. I just don't see KC ever taking the stand. I think her silence and pride will contribute to at least a verdict of LWOP. Yes, defendants don't legally have to take the stand in their defense, but in some cases they had better.

The problem Casey Anthony has that OJ, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake, etc., didn't have was the fact that the victim here was a child in HER CARE and she ended up dead!

Unless she can come up with a REAL person that she handed Caylee over to with reasonable evidence to support the claim, she's going to be convicted on some level of murder/manslaughter.

My thoughts exactly. While this is a DP case, the jury instructions will most likely include murder 1,2, manslaughter, or even child abuse as well.

I don't think she'll be walking out of the courtroom for this crime. She's doing time, and will continue to do so.

Too bad there's no one to file a civil lawsuit on behalf of Caylee, so the A's can stop raking in the dough, and keep them or KC from writing a book!

I'm sure Jose is already on his 3-4th chapter :(

Best,

Hi Zippitydo.. love the name :blowkiss:

OJ was publicly shunned. I know a group of women that ran him off a golf course in CA - they followed him from hole to hole, and gave him such hell that he had to leave the course. He was a major sports celebrity, a legend, and had an ego the size of Long Island. But, his life as he knew it was never the same, and we know where he is now. He is the same kind of monster as the one who killed Caylee, and his trial was a farce.

IMO, Casey will never leave prison. She'll be convicted of this crime, and soon after will basically fall off the face of this earth. I do think that she'll have to be in protective custody for the rest of her life as it’s possible that an inmate would exact the same type of justice that Jeffery Dahmer received.

I agree with you but I wonder why she would get protective custody? I mean, Susan Smith and women like her are not in pc are they? Oh well, I'm sure she heard of Jeffery Dahmer and will wonder every day if that is her fate. I'm okay with that. If she walks, I can't say for certain what I will do. :eek:

*my bold.
songline, i've seen you post about dark and shady people being involved a few times. who are you talking about?
sorry if this is a bit OT, i've never found a thread where it wouldn't be OT to ask you.
Like I said it is not time to vote yet. when it is time to do so I will. right now the Jury is out.
I refuse to go with she did not report for 31 days and there was a dead body smell in the car....
So it must be Casey only and no other option. I call that dropping the ball.
YES IT DOES ALL POINT TO CASEY...NO, IT IS NOT THE END YET.
I am open to hear and consider whatever will come forward.
NOTHING has tied Casey directly to a murder YET!.

http://www..net/120707

IF she walks, she won't be able to get a job or rent an apartment will she? Wait CA told her she could just come home and not worry about working.:crazy:

she won't have a life...even IF found NG...she will carry this with her where ever she goes...all because she didn't report Caylee missing...(assuming she didn't kill her)

IF she walks, she won't be able to get a job or rent an apartment will she? Wait CA told her she could just come home and not worry about working.:crazy:

she won't have a life...even IF found NG...she will carry this with her where ever she goes...all because she didn't report Caylee missing...(assuming she didn't kill her)
You are so right; getting a job, an apartment, or even a boyfriend will be really tough,
but I think she will get some time at the least for endangering a minor / neglect.

If she does walk in this case, If I was any of her pass freinds and her parents to, I would watch my back because I think Casey could come after thgem to do harm, maybe even kill again.

In a perfect world if KC were to walk with little time given to restitution I would want her steralized from birthing any other children and not around any children the rest of her walking days on earth. Caylee was nothing more than a sidekick to KC affording her to manipulate others since the day Caylee was concieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487