Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Not when it comes to public allegations. If you can prove it by all means stand up and speak. But if you can't then I don't people should be able to cry rape without proving it.

What happens when it turns out that there is no proof. That nothing says this really happened... then what? We just assume he is a bad guy for life? Without a chance to face accusers and put on a defense??

To me this is all social media fodder.. nothing more.

Yeah... everyone should look the other way, give him more honorary mentions and let him keep mentoring young girls and women.

Yeah because no 15-year-old ever told her parents she was going somewhere and actually went somewhere else, or spent the night with a friend and then went somewhere with that friend that she didn't tell her parents about.

And no 15-year-old ever didn't tell her parents about something bad that happened to her when she was doing something she wasn't supposed to do because she didn't want to get in trouble for doing something she wasn't supposed to do.

Fifteen-year-old just don't think or act like that.

Just because that is your opinion about 15 yr olds, does not make it true about this 15 yr old. and 15 yr olds can not just walk into the playboy mansion. So no.. This is not just a kid who said she was going to the movies and went to the skate park instead..
There is something way more here. My guess is it is someone who happened to be 15 then and since that is the only reason she could file a suit, she has been coaxed into filing one.
I am waiting to see how this one plays out.

Yeah... everyone should look the other way, give him more honorary mentions and let him keep mentoring young girls and women.

Actually they should. At least until someone can prove an allegation or he is arrested and fully charged with evidence.

No. Not when it comes to public allegations. If you can prove it by all means stand up and speak. But if you can't then I don't people should be able to cry rape without proving it.

What happens when it turns out that there is no proof. That nothing says this really happened... then what? We just assume he is a bad guy for life? Without a chance to face accusers and put on a defense??

To me this is all social media fodder.. nothing more.

BBM. Well, he had the chance to face one of his accusers in the civil suit in 2006 and defend himself. He chose to settle for $$ rather than do that.

Yeah, and any other victims need to keep their big fat mouths shut unless they have a verified, documented, certified videotape of Cosby committing the deed.

For that matter, the same obviously applies to those adults who claim they were abused by priests as children. They have no proof. So they should just keep quiet.

BBM. Well, he had the chance to face one of his accusers in the civil suit in 2006 and defend himself. He chose to settle for $$ rather than do that.

However She took her case to the DA and they refused to file charges.. Because there was not enough evidence. So that says more to me.

This has been repeatedly stated on this thread as well, and conveniently disregarded as well. Never hurts bringing it up again though.

Actually they should. At least until someone can prove an allegation or he is arrested and fully charged with evidence.

So you want there to be more victims ?

If people know that there is reason to be wary of a person who might be a predator and that he might not be the all around swell guy that he wants everyone to think there might be a few girls and women or parents who get wiser and avoid getting victimised.

However She took her case to the DA and they refused to file charges.. Because there was not enough evidence. So that says more to me.

Which happens all of the time in cases of rape, so all of those victims obviously must not have been raped in your eyes. You don't seem to understand or acknowledge how hard it is to prove rape in a court of law.

But the DA also said that he believed the alleged victim and thought that Cosby was lying.

That also says something.

People who are involved in the court system are well aware that there are many crimes that can never be proven in court but it doesn't mean the victims are all lying if they can't prove it.

It says a lot to me also. It says to me that Bill had a lot of things he didn't want to get out there in the public eye. The man is wealthy beyond belief. If I had that kind of money and someone accused me of something I DIDN'T do, I would fight that until the end. And after the person failed to prove their case, I would say "See, I told you I didn't do it." and would retain my decent reputation.

If there is someone reading here who would allow her daughter or granddaughter to be alone with Cosby, please Thank this post.

Just because that is your opinion about 15 yr olds, does not make it true about this 15 yr old. and 15 yr olds can not just walk into the playboy mansion. So no.. This is not just a kid who said she was going to the movies and went to the skate park instead..
There is something way more here. My guess is it is someone who happened to be 15 then and since that is the only reason she could file a suit, she has been coaxed into filing one.
I am waiting to see how this one plays out.

Coaxed by whom? If there is some grand conspiracy to destroy Cosby and you want somebody to make up a case against him, wouldn't it make more sense to coax somebody who was 15 more recently so that the statute of limitations wouldn't have run out yet?

No sadly women do get raped. And those rapists should pay.. but when we have people running around making accusations without proof then those who really have been victimized are stigmatized.

You're stigmatising the real victims who can't prove their case.

So according to some, there is no possibility that kindly old Dr. Hurt able is a rapist, and no possibility that any woman or girl or boy or man was ever raped unless she/he had complete and absolute scientific proof and impeccable eyewitness testimony. The 'alleged' victim's word is never any good and is always worthless. And the accused is always telling the truth.

When my house was burglarized and three computers were stolen, I didn't have a sales slip or any proof that I ever owned those computers. But the police believed me, and so did the insurance company. And when I sleuthed out the burglar, the judge believed me, and the guy was convicted. No one insulted my integrity, and no one called me a liar.

And I ultimately benefitted. My insurance company paid me $3000, and I got three much better computers for less than $2000. And no one accused me of making the whole thing up. Why should a rape victim have a much higher burden of bringing his/her case?

PS. I noticed that auto-correct misspelled Huxtable, but I thought it was suitable, anyway.

Actress, choreographer and director Debbie Allen has a long connection to Bill Cosby. In addition to making appearances on his hit '80s sitcom, "The Cosby Show," and the Cosby-created spin-off "A Different World," she's also the younger sister of Phylicia Rashad, who played Cosby's TV wife over the course of 12 years and two shows.
"At the same time, I'm a part of One Billion Rising," she said. "This is a movement for women to stand up against violence and denigration of women. This is a tough situation, and it's just hard to believe."

More than twenty women have come forward to accuse Cosby of sexual assault, and given that, Allen believes it must "be looked at."
http://www.today.com/popculture/deb...tions-hard-believe-tough-situation-1D80336810

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-praying-comedian-red-carpet-appearance.html
'Pray for Bill Cosby. Pray for the ones who are scandalizing him, more so,' 68-year-old Vereen told Entertainment Tonight on the red carpet during the New York premiere of Chris Rock's comedy Top Five.

'I love the man. I support you, Bill. We're praying for you... aren't there more important things to talk about in this world?'

Vereen added, 'I think the majority of people are praying for him.'

He's in the video saying that because there are kids who are going hungry on the streets and lots of killing going on in the world there are more important things to talk about.

Ho hum, yeah go ahead and rape dozens of women if you like, it's not important because there are other problems in the world too.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dian-red-carpet-appearance.html#ixzz3L9pPPOYC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member