Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread makes me sad. i work as a rape line crisis operator, when a woman is violated the first thing she does is want to go home shower and cry... i try to convince them to go to the hospital to get a rape kit done and give me the name of the offender... this is a hard thing to get if it's someone the victim knows. they are ashamed, don't want to be publically shamed on top of their own shame, sometimes feel like they deserved it... i can only imagine how impossible it would feel to be violated by someone rich and famous with an 'impeccable' reputation as a family man. i'm sure many many insiders know the truth, i mean the comedian who called him out knew about it.

Slebby is the first. Wow. Really, Slebby? I'm surprised.

What?! What did I do?

For the record. I would not be alone in a room with BC, nor would I allow my daughter or granddaughter to be alone in the same room with him. And I am waiting for the Cosby defenders to acknowledge BC's trustworthiness with their own loved ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What?! What did I do?

For the record. I would not be alone in a room with BC, nor would I allow my daughter or granddaughter to be alone in the same room with him. And I am waiting for the Cosby defenders to acknowledge BC's trustworthiness with their own loved ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove your thanks from post #1173. I knew it had to be a mistake.

Hugh Hefner: Cosby allegations 'saddening'

"Bill Cosby has been a good friend for many years and the mere thought of these allegations is truly saddening," he said. "I would never tolerate this kind of behavior, regardless of who was involved."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/12/06/lapd-cosby-investigation/20002135/

So, if Cosby is verified as there @ PB Club with 2 guests in the current lawsuit, and the PBB (playboy bunny) has corroborated the same (and worse) experience as an employee, and the supervisor attests to PBB story and her response in 1970's , then there might be strength in the 15 year old’s case. Imo.

this thread makes me sad. i work as a rape line crisis operator, when a woman is violated the first thing she does is want to go home shower and cry... i try to convince them to go to the hospital to get a rape kit done and give me the name of the offender... this is a hard thing to get if it's someone the victim knows. they are ashamed, don't want to be publically shamed on top of their own shame, sometimes feel like they deserved it... i can only imagine how impossible it would feel to be violated by someone rich and famous with an 'impeccable' reputation as a family man. i'm sure many many insiders know the truth, i mean the comedian who called him out knew about it.

I just wanted to say thanks not only for your post but for the aid you provide to victims. That has to be a tough job.

So you want there to be more victims ?

If people know that there is reason to be wary of a person who might be a predator and that he might not be the all around swell guy that he wants everyone to think there might be a few girls and women or parents who get wiser and avoid getting victimised.

Ugh...

I just don't believe this. I don't think that there is any proof of the allegations. If there is then by all means prosecute. But all these women all of them.. not one came forward to the police to prosecute. Not one showed up the next day and said I was assaulted and got a rape kit.. not one. So basically anyone who knew him back then can say.. hey! he assaulted me.. and we are supposed to believe them?
I can't. Not without something that proves the allegations.

Im sorry... what?

First of all I did not set the standards. They are set that way by the law. Prove the charges. If you have allegations show something that backs that up. Other than just your word..

You don't seem to understand the law. The victim's word *IS* evidence. Whether that evidence is more or less credible than the defendant's explicit or implicit denial is a matter to be determined by the "trier of fact" (a jury or a judge if a jury trial is waived).

This case I will watch but all I can think is why would a 15 yr old be at the playboy mansion? And if she was 15 and her parents were aware of what happened why would they not run to the cops and hospital and make sure they had everything they needed to get him???

Something else sounds good and fishy here too..

You've got to be kidding! You've never heard of a teenager thinking she is more mature than she really is, and ready to function as an adult when she isn't? Whether the Playboy Mansion needed better security in the 1970s is another matter.

You've got to be kidding! You've never heard of a teenager thinking she is more mature than she really is, and ready to function as an adult when she isn't? Whether the Playboy Mansion needed better security in the 1970s is another matter.

I don't think this was the 70's with this one.. I have to go look but I thought it was more recent that that.. like 1995... ??? And I just don't see them letting a 15 yr old in for many reasons.. unless she lied about her age...

Ugh...

I just don't believe this. I don't think that there is any proof of the allegations. If there is then by all means prosecute. But all these women all of them.. not one came forward to the police to prosecute. Not one showed up the next day and said I was assaulted and got a rape kit.. not one. So basically anyone who knew him back then can say.. hey! he assaulted me.. and we are supposed to believe them?
I can't. Not without something that proves the allegations.

Do you realize that there were no rape kits when some of these women (allegedly) got assaulted? No rape victims ever got the rape kit done in the sixties and early seventies, for the simple reason that they didn't exist. It was developed in the late seventies and it took time to become the common thing to do. The first time for DNA evidence in court in the USA was in 1987.

You can't set the standard of truthful/not truthful as, "go to the police and get them to do a test that doesn't exist yet or you're lying"

If we do that no woman could ever have gotten raped for real before the investigation methods were sophisticated enough, they were all liars, the whole bunch of them.

And anyway, the rape kit is mostly only significant if the defense is "I didn't have sex with her". If the defendant admits there was a sexual act and says it was consensual, the DNA would be there regardless.

So you'd be back to having to decide it on the basis of the word of he said she said, and you've decided that you wouldn't believe the she said part of it.

http://citation.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/5/1/8/0/9/p518092_index.html

Lots of women get raped and never get tested and take their time to report it.

You don't seem to understand the law. The victim's word *IS* evidence. Whether that evidence is more or less credible than the defendant's explicit or implicit denial is a matter to be determined by the "trier of fact" (a jury or a judge if a jury trial is waived).

BBM

No offense to you, Nova, but also previously stated on this thread and also conveniently disregarded by the proof demanders.

If all this is true, are we to believe his wife had no idea?

I am tempted to doubt Mrs. Cosby didn't have suspicions at least, but I have no proof (not even claims by victims); so I'll leave that issue alone.

It is.. but alone it does not mean much. There has to be something to back it up or everyone's words or story would put everyone in jail on just that.. JA has been telling us stories for years.. Yes her words are in the evidence files of the trial but are they real evidence people believe? uh.. no..

Words and stories alone aren't enough unless something backs them up.. IMO

Do you realize that there were no rape kits when some of these women (allegedly) got assaulted? No rape victims ever got the rape kit done in the sixties and early seventies, for the simple reason that they didn't exist. It was developed in the late seventies and it took time to become the common thing to do. The first time for DNA evidence in court in the USA was in 1987.

You can't set the standard of truthful/not truthful as, "go to the police and get them to do a test that doesn't exist yet or you're lying"

If we do that no woman could ever have gotten raped for real before the investigation methods were sophisticated enough, they were all liars, the whole bunch of them.

And anyway, the rape kit is mostly only significant if the defense is "I didn't have sex with her". If the defendant admits there was a sexual act and says it was consensual, the DNA would be there regardless.

So you'd be back to having to decide it on the basis of the word of he said she said, and you've decided that you wouldn't believe the she said part of it.

http://citation.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/5/1/8/0/9/p518092_index.html

Lots of women get raped and never get tested and take their time to report it.

Yes, I realize that if some are claiming they were assaulted in the 60's or 70's maybe.. but we will never know because they did not even report it.

IT would be different if they came forward now and had a police report they could produce..

I don't think this was the 70's with this one.. I have to go look but I thought it was more recent that that.. like 1995... ??? And I just don't see them letting a 15 yr old in for many reasons.. unless she lied about her age...

She's now 55
The woman who alleges Bill Cosby molested her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15 years old filed a formal police report in Los Angeles Friday evening.

Judy Huth spent some 90 minutes with two detectives in the LAPD's special victims unit along with her lawyer Gloria Allred, the prominent attorney said outside the station after the meeting.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/judy-huth-files-report-lapd-bill-cosby-case-article-1.2035764

I don't have a link but somewhere upthread there's a story that says she said Cosby told her and her friend to say they were 19 if anyone asks.

Crickets, even from the "no proof, he should keep getting honors and mentoring young women" faction. Curious.

I wouldn't be uncomfortable with Mr. Cosby being alone around any girls. Doesn't he have his own kids and grandkids? I didn't thank the original post because I didn't see it. But that said, I refuse to engage in this discussion. I have my own opinions on this and I will just keep those to myself.

Yes, I realize that if some are claiming they were assaulted in the 60's or 70's maybe.. but we will never know because they did not even report it.

IT would be different if they came forward now and had a police report they could produce..

Hm but the police reports frequently just write down what everyone told them, and if you don't believe what anyone says...?

Best known for her role as Rose in the Oscar-winning "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," Moritz said either way, she is hoping to wrangle Cosby's other accusers for a mass meeting online or in person.

"I definitely would love to get together with all the women and discuss everything. I have some possibilities that we can do," the Cuban-born actress said, mentioning the possibility of a support group or foundation.

She denied a report she's trying to organize a class action lawsuit.

"There's probably nothing I could do from a legal standpoint that could help me, but there's possibly something that can be done. Maybe one of the other girls," she said. "I could help them with whatever they do."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...s-suit-alleged-sex-assaults-article-1.2021751

old but i hadn't seen this

Maybe one of our legal experts would like to opine on this. I would expect attorneys to advise against such a "mass get-together" because Cosby's lawyers would use the meeting as proof the claimants were "just getting their stories straight".

Hm but the police reports frequently just write down what everyone told them, and if you don't believe what anyone says...?

There is a difference in immediately reporting something to the police and waiting 30 years to start talking about it in the media.

A big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member