Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a saying about there being truth in sarcasm?

Nor should an innocent person. But in the real world, if you're going to engage in any sort of a legal battle, especially one in which your reputation may be called into play, or in which you may be counter-sued because you're facing someone rich who has the legal resources to do so whilst he's eating a ham sandwich, well, you're smart to use a lawyer.

These women need to get Gloria Allred, they need a lot of media, and at minimum a big payoff. He'll probably never go to jail, but this many victims coming forward, they could break him financially and keep him out of sight for whatever time he has left.
If NBC doesn't cancel plans for their a new show, shame on them.

I'm livid! I can't BELIEVE that someone would even say this? CNN.............:stormingmad:

Joan Tarshis was just 19 years old when she was allegedly twice drugged and raped by the TV actor in Hollywood in 1969.
In an interview with CNN, TV anchor Don Lemon told her there were methods victims could use to prevent them having to perform certain sex acts on attackers.
He said: 'You know, there are ways not to perform oral sex if you didn't want to do it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rforming-oral-sex-comedian.html#ixzz3JXr8LCpL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bill Cosby's NBC Sitcom Comeback Is Dead

Chris Harnick, eonline
Seconds ago

Bill Cosby 's NBC sitcom is dead. E! News has confirmed NBC has pulled the plug on Cosby's proposed sitcom comeback and ceased development on the project.

This comes after Netflix postponed Bill Cosby 77, a new standup special. The special, which was taped on Cosby's 77th birthday earlier this year, was set to debut on November 28...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20141119/b599319/

The postponement of the netflix special, and the death of his new sitcom will likely be his only punishment. Celebrities can and will get away with murder and worse (check out what director Bryan Singer does to little boys at his pool parties), because they have the money to make anything go away. Lawsuits are settled, dropped, etc.

NBC says it's not moving forward with Bill Cosby project

Network had been developing a sitcom with 77-year-old comedian

Author: By Frank Pallotta and Molly Shiels

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -
First Netflix put its Bill Cosby comedy special on hold, and now NBC has decided against moving forward with its own Cosby project.

NBC announced on Wednesday that the network has opted not to continue developing a sitcom with the 77-year-old comedian amid growing sexual assault allegations against Cosby.

"We can confirm that the Cosby project is no longer in development," NBC said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/consu...ving-forward-with-bill-cosby-project/29821534

NBC says it's not moving forward with Bill Cosby project

Network had been developing a sitcom with 77-year-old comedian

Author: By Frank Pallotta and Molly Shiels

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -
First Netflix put its Bill Cosby comedy special on hold, and now NBC has decided against moving forward with its own Cosby project.

NBC announced on Wednesday that the network has opted not to continue developing a sitcom with the 77-year-old comedian amid growing sexual assault allegations against Cosby.

"We can confirm that the Cosby project is no longer in development," NBC said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/consu...ving-forward-with-bill-cosby-project/29821534

So, we have Hollywood's version of a "Guilty" verdict.

IMO these young women had careers that would have likely been destroyed if their accusations of rape became public at the time. I would also like to say that people that think women would seek publicity for being raped do not understand rape at all and I would be willing to bet have never been raped. Being raped leaves the victim with great feelings of shame and humiliation and reliving the experience is very tramatic and for most not worth it to have to relive. These women are brave for coming forward even now, since they have nothing to gain. No rape victim, even someone as nuts as JD, would crave attention for being raped.

Because "thanks" was not enough, quoting and reposting. Great post, I agree with every word.

Furthermore, just LOOK WHAT HAPPENS when a rape victim speaks out! Look at the comments on twitter and elsewhere with the public blaming these victims, calling them liars, and insulting them! These women are brave to come forward. It takes tremendous courage.

These women need to get Gloria Allred, they need a lot of media, and at minimum a big payoff. He'll probably never go to jail, but this many victims coming forward, they could break him financially and keep him out of sight for whatever time he has left.
If NBC doesn't cancel plans for their a new show, shame on them.

Gloria Allred has turned at least one of them down. Pretty sure it was the first woman that came out--the 19 yo actress

What bothers me is that in this age, Any woman can say rape and whether it is true or not that person is then branded and treated like a criminal whether it is true or not.
I won't believe it without proof or a trial. I just am so over people being named in some salacious story and then because people are willing to say it it makes it so.

What bothers me is that in this age, Any woman can say rape and whether it is true or not that person is then branded and treated like a criminal whether it is true or not.
I won't believe it without proof or a trial. I just am so over people being named in some salacious story and then because people are willing to say it it makes it so.
"...in this age" it bothers me that rape is still prevalent and that women are still not trusted reporters of same.

"...in this age" it bothers me that rape is still prevalent.

Rape has been around since the beginning of time. It will never go away. The problem I find more concerning is that people can be accused of such a horrific crime and whether it is true or provable or not it can ruin them for life. In this age, people are accused of horrible things and then ruined before they get their day in court.

It is shameful and we have seen it over and over again.

Rape has been around since the beginning of time. It will never go away. The problem I find more concerning is that people can be accused of such a horrific crime and whether it is true or provable or not it can ruin them for life. In this age, people are accused of horrible things and then ruined before they get their day in court.

Examples? Links?

Examples? Links?

Examples of people being accused of things that they didn't do??? People being railroaded and then it turns out they are innocent???
Like Richard Jewell? I know a teacher personally that was accused and drug through the mud.. Went to trial where it turned out the girls lied and admitted to lying.

Im sorry, but just because someone says something happened does not make it so.

Rape is a he said she said crime and sadly there are enough crappy people out there that use that word as a weapon. So until I see proof, some kind of trial, or something substantial, I just don't take people's word for it. Innocent until proven guilty. IMO

I personally find it much more concerning that women are raped and then not believed because they are either blamed for the act or called a liar, *advertiser censored*, etc. This is exactly what is happening to the women who finally gathered the courage to speak up. And, P.S., these women have everlasting emotional wounds and scars that NEVER go away, affecting their entire lives.

I personally find it much more concerning that women are raped and then not believed because they are either blamed for the act or called a liar, *advertiser censored*, etc. This is exactly what is happening to the women who finally gathered the courage to speak up. And, P.S., these women have everlasting emotional wounds and scars that NEVER go away, affecting their entire lives.

If it is true. I believe rape to be horrific and as a woman lets say I understand what happens and the after math, but if you are going to accuse someone there should be proof something to back it up. Not just a slice and dice on tv calling them a rapist.

There can not just be people standing on TV proclaiming it to be true and then we all go along because they MUST be telling the truth. There has to be proof and there has to be something that supports the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member