Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO these young women had careers that would have likely been destroyed if their accusations of rape became public at the time. I would also like to say that people that think women would seek publicity for being raped do not understand rape at all and I would be willing to bet have never been raped. Being raped leaves the victim with great feelings of shame and humiliation and reliving the experience is very tramatic and for most not worth it to have to relive. These women are brave for coming forward even now, since they have nothing to gain. No rape victim, even someone as nuts as JD, would crave attention for being raped.

Unfortunately, defense attorneys have to cross every line to ensure the case isn't overturned on grounds of ineffective(?) council. Also, I think a lot of people would say "Who wouldn't want to have sex with a movie star?" If someone was voted People Magazine's sexiest man they could probably rape every woman they meet and never be convicted. JMO

I think victims have three choices:

1. Go to trial with an almost nil chance of winning and having your sex life paraded in front the country.
2. Do nothing and let the pig get away with it.
3. Take money from an out of court settlement that makes you look like a gold digger, but also calls in to question why the celebrity paid out.

Number three is the best answer in my book. JMO

Agree with the options, unfortunately. And there are a few other reasons to want money - satisfaction at getting some sort of acknowledgement, money to pay for any mental health or other services needed as a result, etc. Or if the victim is known, sometimes they need money to isolate themselves from the press. And of course legal bills.

I know defense attorneys have to cross a lot of lines, but I definitely think there are lines some don't cross and that doesn't result in an overturned conviction. There are people who question the victim thoroughly and point out any inconsistencies or red flags, as they should, and those who berate the victim and try to humiliate him/her as much as possible. There is a way to pick the case apart without being awful, and more attorneys shy away from such behavior than people acknowledge. It can backfire if they are too awful.

IMO these young women had careers that would have likely been destroyed if their accusations of rape became public at the time. I would also like to say that people that think women would seek publicity for being raped do not understand rape at all and I would be willing to bet have never been raped. Being raped leaves the victim with great feelings of shame and humiliation and reliving the experience is very tramatic and for most not worth it to have to relive. These women are brave for coming forward even now, since they have nothing to gain. No rape victim, even someone as nuts as JD, would crave attention for being raped.

THIS ^^^^^
(thanks button not enough)

This could end up like the Tiger Wood case, but worse because it involved drugging and raping these women. How many women went public about Tiger? Was it 16?

Just one more thing. To be taken seriously the person who gets the shut up money should publicly donate it all to rape crisis centers. To me that would cinch the accused's guilt. It would show the victim wasn't in it for the money at all. JMO

Eh, not sure what to say here. A victim should be entitled to compensation for damages.

"The former District Attorney who decided not to charge Bill Cosby with rape today revealed to MailOnline that he wanted to arrest the star - but had insufficient proof."

"Bruce Castor was the DA of Montgomery County at the time that Andrea Constand claimed Cosby, now 77, drugged her and sexually assaulted her at his Pennsylvania home in January 2004."

"Miss Constand, a former director of operations for Temple University's women's basketball team and college basketball star, launched a legal suit against Cosby, a man she called her 'mentor', in March 2005. She was the first - and only woman - to press charges against the comic legend."

"Commissioner Castor, a former two-term DA of Montgomery County and a private lawyer at the Bryn Mawr law office of Rogers and Associates., added: 'The lady who was allegedly attacked waited a year before she reported it. As a result of that delay, any possible corroborating physical evidence was unavailable to us."

'We couldn't test for hairs, fibers, DNA and drugs in her system that might match those at Mr Cosby's house. We didn't have any corroborative evidence."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wasn-t-evidence-charge-him.html#ixzz3JVjvoUMh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

GAW, I am really upset about this. Bill was looked up to by many as a father figure back when The Cosby Show was a hit.
IMHO he apparently used his power to gain the attention and trust of young women and possibly used drugs to enable him to attack them .

I have a sneaking feeling he will claim dementia causes him to not remember. imoo

"The former District Attorney who decided not to charge Bill Cosby with rape today revealed to MailOnline that he wanted to arrest the star - but had insufficient proof."

"Bruce Castor was the DA of Montgomery County at the time that Andrea Constand claimed Cosby, now 77, drugged her and sexually assaulted her at his Pennsylvania home in January 2004."

"Miss Constand, a former director of operations for Temple University's women's basketball team and college basketball star, launched a legal suit against Cosby, a man she called her 'mentor', in March 2005. She was the first - and only woman - to press charges against the comic legend."

"Commissioner Castor, a former two-term DA of Montgomery County and a private lawyer at the Bryn Mawr law office of Rogers and Associates., added: 'The lady who was allegedly attacked waited a year before she reported it. As a result of that delay, any possible corroborating physical evidence was unavailable to us."

'We couldn't test for hairs, fibers, DNA and drugs in her system that might match those at Mr Cosby's house. We didn't have any corroborative evidence."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wasn-t-evidence-charge-him.html#ixzz3JVjvoUMh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

o m g !

GAW, I am really upset about this. Bill was looked up to by many as a father figure back when The Cosby Show was a hit.
IMHO he apparently used his power to gain the attention and trust of young women and possibly used drugs to enable him to attack them .

I have a sneaking feeling he will claim dementia causes him to not remember. imoo

I bet you're right.

A huge thank you for all the links you provide for so many topicsBlondie in Spokane!!! :loveyou: :cheer::gthanks:

I couldn't disagree more.

Would you advocate that medical malpractice victims who win their lawsuits donate their settlements to aid anyone other than themselves, so as to prove that they weren't in it for the money?

Medical malpractice can leave someone with expenses such as getting a specially designed van to move around, nursing care 24 hours a day, regular medical visits and other things that cost great expense. I'm not trivializing rape, I'm just not putting it in the same category as medical malpractice. Medical malpractice can leave someone with very serious lifetime disabilities and PTSD. It seems to me, that rape leaves victims with PTSD only, in cases where they aren't rendered physically disabled.

All society gets to see, especially in hush money cases, is what's reported in the news. So from the outside looking in people may be left with the opinion that the woman was a *advertiser censored* just looking to cash in. I'm not saying that's right, but giving the money away cuts that thought off at the knees. JMO

Did anyone happen to catch Jeopardy! yesterday? During the interview segment, one of the contestants (Tournament of Champions semi-finals) said that he met Bill Cosby. DH and I wondered if the contestant would have mentioned this once the rape allegations emerged. The show was likely taped weeks ago.

I think you meant to say you are not familiar with Janice but you do know her name.

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but are you saying she is more credible because she is famous?

Yeah I think that's what I meant. I've heard of the name Janice Dickinson and I know that she's famous. That's about it as far as what I know about her. Once I saw it mentioned model then I was like oh yeah that's right she's a model. Other than that I don't know anything about her.

EW updated their article from yesterday and put this in there about how Cosby's attorney is saying that Dickinson's story is a fabrication.

UPDATE: In a letter to The Wrap, Bill Cosby’s attorney, Marty Singer, responded to Dickinson’s accusations.

“Her new story claiming that she had been sexually assaulted is a defamatory fabrication,” Singer wrote to The Wrap.

Singer also denied Dickinson’s allegation that Cosby’s lawyers pressured her to remove passages from her autobiography referencing Cosby’s alleged rape of Dickinson.

“Neither Mr. Cosby or any of his attorneys were ever told by Harper Collins that Ms. Dickinson had supposedly planned to write that he had sexually assaulted her, and neither Mr. Cosby or any of his representatives ever communication [sic] with the publisher about any alleged rape or sexual assault about the book,” Singer also reportedly wrote to The Wrap.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2014/11/19/janice-dickinson-bill-cosby-sexual-assault/

Listen to Bill Cosby’s rape jokes about wanting to drug women’s drinks (Salon)

Even when I heard this bit as a kid, I wondered: Why would famous TV stars need a drug to get women interested in them? Why is sex something to lie and cheat and scheme to get, rather than something to share? Hearing it now, it's positively chilling, especially the crowd's easy laughter, which suggests that Cosby was able to put over his fantasy of women stripped of their ability to say no as something near universal. Boys will be boys, hahaha, and then refuse ever to speak of it once they become rich and powerful men. [Village Voice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member