Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Examples of people being accused of things that they didn't do??? People being railroaded and then it turns out they are innocent???
Like Richard Jewell? I know a teacher personally that was accused and drug through the mud.. Went to trial where it turned out the girls lied and admitted to lying.

Im sorry, but just because someone says something happened does not make it so.

Rape is a he said she said crime and sadly there are enough crappy people out there that use that word as a weapon. So until I see proof, some kind of trial, or something substantial, I just don't take people's word for it. Innocent until proven guilty. IMO
So -- neither direct links to nor concrete examples of spurious rape claims, which is what you evidently referred to as, after all, it's the topic in question.

No person has ever lied about being raped??

Baloney.
Examples please; not anecdotal musings. As for your "baloney" -- thanks for setting the tone for legitimate discussion.

I just watched Janice Dickinson interviewed on Entertainment Tonight. At the end, she broke down, yet no tears. I don't know what to think about her story.

For 17 women to come forward and all have a similar story just seems circumspect to me as to nothing untoward happening. Could all these women have heard his comedy routine and jumped on the bandwagon? I don't know. That just seems highly unlikely.

Anyone else?

The more I think about what Janice said, I don't believe her story, yet I believe Tamara who also spoke in the ET segment. Janice Dickinson has appeared on America's Next Top Model, Celebrity Rehab, and had her own reality show for a brief period of time. She is outspoken most of the time. I wonder why she didn't speak up when more victims spoke out.

Where are the 17??? My question is why all of a sudden. Why? after 20 -30 years???

I believe all of them, & I also think Bill Cosby will escape any consequences- he's too old, famous, & wealthy-karma will catch up with him.

The more I think about what Janice said, I don't believe her story, yet I believe Tamara who also spoke in the ET segment. Janice Dickinson has appeared on America's Next Top Model, Celebrity Rehab, and had her own reality show for a brief period of time. She is outspoken most of the time. I wonder why she didn't speak up when more victims spoke out.

I don't buy Janice at all. She said for many years he was a jerk because he blew her off. And she put it in print. Sadly she has made herself completely unbelievable to me.

The only account I've read is the JD one and I see her book contains a different story than the one she's telling now. Doesn't mean it's not true but one thing struck me as very odd. She supposedly went to dinner and then back to his bungalow and she described waking up the next morning:

The next morning I woke up, and I wasn't wearing my pajamas, and I remember before I passed out that I had been sexually assaulted by this man,' she told Entertainment Tonight.

'I remember waking up with my pajamas off and there was semen in between my legs.

What's with the pajamas? Were they planning a sleepover? I understand that, even if they were, it's not OK to force sex on someone. It just strikes me as an odd aspect of the story.

I guess I also have some concern if no one ever went to police. If one of them would have gone immediately after the assault then there would be clear physical evidence. A rape kit would have been done. They could have tested for drugs.

Did any of the accusers go to police? It just seems somewhat suspect when you're allegedly criminally assulted and you only go to a civil attorney to get a financal settlement.

However, I admit I don't know enough about the sequence of allegations and surrounding circumstances to really have an opinion on the credibility of the accusations. I'm sure we'll be hearing lots more about it though.

I thought JD had the least to gain by making an accusation. However, after reading the posted articles about her and thinking about it. She may gain a lot of attention that she probably craves. Going on celebrity rehab is just a desperate attempt to get attention. JMO

In regards to the second comment, I think rape shield laws were passed well after a lot of these women claim to have been raped.

"EXCLUSIVE: 'I thought Cosby could kill me.' Lawyer who is FIFTH assault victim to speak out reveals she was so drugged up by comic she couldn't control her body, couldn't walk and thought she was dying"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouldn-t-walk-thought-dying.html#ixzz3JZA4KO7k

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouldn-t-walk-thought-dying.html#ixzz3JZA4KO7k

How strange that part of his act I listened to at the bottom of the page is about his childhood dream of giving girls Spanish Fly! That's really not funny then or now. Not one bit funny. It's a despicable thing to do to any women. I get the feeling these allegations are probably true, JMO. I was never a fan of his, but it's sad to hear all these women have been his victims.

Where are the 17??? My question is why all of a sudden. Why? after 20 -30 years???

There can be a stigma attached to rape victims and they might be embarrassed or unable to come forward. Put yourself in their shoes. It might be because of all the morons out there shouting liar, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, etc. Would you want that?

I do believe that Cosby has raped- As for Janice Dickensen's claims, I don't know what to believe, when we know she is mentally ill, constantly and heavily medicated, and a fame-seeking C-list celeb who is constantly looking to get out there. Anything she says is immediately suspect, but if she was indeed victimized, then my heart goes out to her.

There is a stigma attached to rape victims and they might be embarrassed or unable to come forward. Put yourself in their shoes. It might be because of all the morons out there shouting liar, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*, etc. Would you want that?

As hard as it may be you have to come forward and tell the truth. I just don't see the reason to wait 30 years.

You don't see the reason which is fine... that doesn't mean the victims didn't have one. It can take courage to admit something like that.

IM sorry, Without more than stories, I just don't believe it yet. I just don't.

Seems someone Cosby is getting old and it's time to try and cash in. I don't believe it at all. Just strange when all these women start coming out of the woodwork at the same time. Did they all go to police around the time the rape occurred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ