Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might not understand because you have never been slipped a mickey or drugged and raped. Not everyone handles things the same. Keeping it buried and never talking about it might be what someone else would end up doing for years and years. I hardly think this many women are trying to cash in making up stories.

Okay, I do doubt JD because she is such a drama queen who loves attention, but the rest of the women who have finally talked deserve to be heard finally.

You don't see the reason which is fine... that doesn't mean the victims didn't have one. It can take courage to admit something like that.

It is one thing to not say anything. It is another to wait 30 years and then say something. Im sorry it just does not lend to credibility.

I think Barbara Bowden and Joan Tarshis were very eloquent about why they did not report what Cosby did to them. Read or listen to what they said. Hint: the words shame, guilt, humiliation, fear were used. They said: "He's Bill Cosby. Who would believe me?" An attorney laughed at Barbara Bowden.

And here we are with all these women finally mustering the courage to speak, and sure enough....many people don't believe them!

As for proof? That's for a court. I believe Bowman feels she has evidence, and Tarshis had told several friends years ago. But, yeah, there's probably not evidence all these years later. That does not mean their statements are untrue! And they acknowledge there will be no court due to statute of limitations. What they want is to support the other victims and receive some validation. They deserve it. He should acknowledge his actions and apologize. Of course, he won't.

Listen to or read what they said. If you don't understand how rape affects a victim, ala, shame, guilt, fear, humiliation, etc., then educate yourself, or try to imagine being in that position. I don't understand why some people, including so many men, can't understand why a girl/woman doesn't "just go to the police." Seriously? It's like being victimized all over again, but publicly! It doubles, triples, quadruples the humiliation, etc.

I don't know know anything about Janice Dickinson. I haven't heard her statement yet.

I just wonder when he will sit down with some interviewer to deliver some well written, rehearsed story about his innocence. I think his ego will compel him to attack back in a "woe is me" way. Blech. As for now, well, he may be a rapist, but at least he's not denying it with lies. That's the only good thing I can say about him right now.

I'm livid! I can't BELIEVE that someone would even say this? CNN.............:stormingmad:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rforming-oral-sex-comedian.html#ixzz3JXr8LCpL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I hope standing in the unemployment line, which I hope is coming, will give him some time to think.

"...in this age" it bothers me that rape is still prevalent and that women are still not trusted reporters of same.

It's really sad that's the way things work, but a lot of people still believe a woman "wanted it" or some such nonsense.

I believe all of them, & I also think Bill Cosby will escape any consequences- he's too old, famous, & wealthy-karma will catch up with him.

I'm not sure I believe all of them. Don't ask me which ones because I haven't heard all of their stories. Situations like this remind me of what I call "The syringe in the soda can".

Years ago there was a famous soda brand (Since it wasn't true I'm not gonna say the brand) that had people finding syringes in their cans. It became a huge national story as more and more people around the nation found syringes in these cans. Finally, after investigation it was proven beyond a reasonable doubt that all of the stories were lies. The original people were given jail time, IIRC. The rest were slapped on the wrist or suffered no consequences.

There were A LOT of syringes found too. Someone got an idea to hold up the soda company for money and then A LOT of other people realized they could probably make money too.

As Scarlett pointed out there are many, way too many, people who falsely accuse others of rape. The motives vary and the outcomes vary. These people who cry rape and haven't been raped make it so much harder for real victims to be believed. JMO

To all those folks who don't believe he raped these women-what do you think they get by telling their stories? This is something they've buried for many years, do you think this is something you could spin out of nothing?

It is one thing to not say anything. It is another to wait 30 years and then say something. Im sorry it just does not lend to credibility.

You mean like children who were sexually abused and only come forth as adults?

People change. Times change. What it was too hard or impossible for one to do as a late teen in the '70 and 80's, is reachable as a 60 year old accomplished woman in the 2010s.

This lady claims he drugged and raped her twice? (modsnip) If she knew it happened the first time how did she let it happen a second time?
If you read the whole article she explains the context of the second rape. Seems very plausible IMO. She wasn't dumb but she was young and naive and dealing with a very powerful man in the entertainment industry.

Steely Dan remarked, "It's really sad that's the way things work, but a lot of people still believe a woman "wanted it" or some such nonsense."

I agree! Being drugged and then raped might take a long time for the victim to understand. She was drugged and wonders why she didn't fight him off more, etc., As I said, JMO, using drugs to take advantage of women is despicable and especially if this beloved star was getting away with it.

It is understandable that some are upset about the accusations against Cosby. But to negate the long-delayed accounts being told by victims of sexual assault by saying thing things "Why didn't she go to the police immediately" or "why did she wait so long to say something" ignores what we know about sexual assault victims.

Often sexual assault victims do NOT report the crime to police, especially when the perpetrator is someone they knew. Undoubtedly when the perpetrator is a very popular and powerful figure the reluctance to speak up is even more common. And, as an aside, the reluctance of males to report a sexual assault is greater than that of females. (Think Jerry Sandusky)

There are various reasons a victim does not speak out at the time. As one of Cosby's victims explained, even keeping it secret over the years gave her problems. Sort of like Dylan, the daughter of Mia Farrow who went public about being sexually abused by Woody Allen after many years had passed.

It is very difficult to believe these women are seeking either fame or fortune from speaking out at this time. One of them accepted a financial settlement years ago. Only one. The other 13 victims - only a very few from whom we have heard so far - spoke with her lawyer at the time but wanted to remain anonymous. And they did. They did not file their own lawsuits or join in with hers.

Years have passed and times have changed. Even since the People magazine story of 2006 things have changed a lot. Today's generation of young people seem to be speaking up sooner and louder about matters like these. It is a GOOD thing if they are unwilling to become silent, emotionally tortured victims of a predator.

If these women want to speak out now about something that happened to them, so be it. I would ask any of you, what if, in this very situation, it was your daughter or your sister or even your mother who had been carrying this with her for so many years? Would you want her to continue to remain silent?

It is highly doubtful there will be charges filed here. There will be no "DNA proof". It is doubtful any further "settlements" will be brokered. But it well may be that more and more victims will be heard from.

A "friend" of Bill Cosby's spoke out on his behalf in an interview. The friend said "Bill don't have to rape anyone" No, Cosby didn't have to rape women. But it looks like he wanted to.

This lady claims he drugged and raped her twice? (modsnip) If she knew it happened the first time how did she let it happen a second time?

I'm pretty sure they story is that he raped all of them more than once.

To all those folks who don't believe he raped these women-what do you think they get by telling their stories? This is something they've buried for many years, do you think this is something you could spin out of nothing?

Publicity, money, Fame.. who knows.. People do things for all kinds of reasons.

I just don't buy it. I am sorry. I need proof before someone gets dragged through the mud. I am so horrified at today's media justice. Some one makes an allegation and so it must be true.. That is not justice.. That is gossip.

Just because someone alleges Mr. Cosby did this doesn't make it true.........and on the other hand........

Just because Mr. Cosby says it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't either.

BOTH are capable of lying about the situation, so it is 50/50 in my eyes, either way.

I'm following a case right now where the child victim of a family sex ring passed her around and she's going to testify in court. One of the arrested female relatives of this child awaiting trial is calling her a liar. How sad when victims do tell then they are called liars. This little girl is a hero in my book.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ouldn-t-walk-thought-dying.html#ixzz3JZA4KO7k

How strange that part of his act I listened to at the bottom of the page is about his childhood dream of giving girls Spanish Fly! That's really not funny then or now. Not one bit funny. It's a despicable thing to do to any women. I get the feeling these allegations are probably true, JMO. I was never a fan of his, but it's sad to hear all these women have been his victims.

The story I heard of Spanish Fly growing up was different. Spanish Fly wasn't supposed to be a knockout drug. It was supposed to be a drug that got women super aroused.

I think some want their fifteen minutes of fame, a book deal or to get back at Cosby for one reason or another that has nothing to do with being raped. JMO

Publicity, money, Fame.. who knows.. People do things for all kinds of reasons.

I just don't buy it. I am sorry. I need proof before someone gets dragged through the mud. I am so horrified at today's media justice. Some one makes an allegation and so it must be true.. That is not justice.. That is gossip.

What strikes me as proof for some of the stories is that when the suit occurred in 2006 a private investigator for the plaintiff found 13 other victims, with very similar stories. JMO

I believe all of them, & I also think Bill Cosby will escape any consequences- he's too old, famous, & wealthy-karma will catch up with him.

He won't escape the consequences to his career and his image (for whatever those two things are ultimately worth). As far as facing the legal music...well, most of those allegations are beyond the statute of limitations, so in none of those particular cases will he be charged. Are there any cases that we know of for which the statute of limitations would not yet have exceeded? Like you, I tend to doubt that he will truly be held legally accountable. I know why women so often don't report sexual assault right away, or even ever, but why do men drug women for sex? Especially men who likely could get it any time they want without doing it-and we know he's done that plenty of times.

So now Don Lemmon has apologized to "anyone who found his question insensitive". During an interview he asked one of the victims why she did not use her teeth as a weapon and bite Cosby's penis when her forced her to perform oral sex

Yes, Spanish Fly then was suppose to make a girl crazy for sex or whatever. There was also what was called a Mickey more used, I think, to knock you out. Now, there's date rape drugs.

None of these are respectable to use to get a women into bed.

He made jokes about using drugs to get girls or women into bed. That's not funny!

He won't escape the consequences to his career and his image (for whatever those two things are ultimately worth). As far as facing the legal music...well, most of those allegations are beyond the statute of limitations, so in none of those particular cases will he be charged. Are there any cases that we know of for which the statute of limitations would not yet have exceeded? Like you, I tend to doubt that he will truly be held legally accountable. I know why women so often don't report sexual assault right away, or even ever, but why do men drug women for sex? Especially men who likely could get it any time they want without doing it-and we know he's done that plenty of times.

To get a conviction you have to call immediately afterwards in most cases. I have a friend who was raped and she spent ten hours crying and was asked why she waited so long to call. The guy admitted in court that he liked hurting women and ended up getting sentenced (this is close, but not exact. I can't remember exactly.) to six months community service and a fine of under $1,000. When she told me this she ended with "I know it was kinda my fault." to which I told her to stop thinking that because it isn't true.

Yes, Spanish Fly then was suppose to make a girl crazy for sex or whatever. There was also what was called a Mickey more used, I think, to knock you out. Now, there's date rape drugs.

None of these are respectable to use to get a women into bed.

He made jokes about using drugs to get girls or women into bed. That's not funny!

Sorry, I was just trying to clarify what I'd heard vs. it being a drug to make a woman pass out.

:sigh: I'm so disillusioned by these terrible actions of famous stars, sports people, priests, my former mayor, some of the police department, etc., etc., :sigh: People I looked up to are not as pure as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ