Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...e-zontv-bill-cosby-20150712-story.html#page=2

Cosby isn't the first beloved public figure to have been exposed as someone quite different off-stage. Most are fortunate enough, though, to not be plunged into such ignominy before their actual deaths.

This once-revered performer turns 78 Sunday. Somehow, "Happy birthday, Bill," doesn't seem appropriate in this week of his cultural death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/11/bill-cosby-sexual-assault-allegations_n_7776348.html¨

HOMETOWN MURAL

The Mural Arts Program in Cosby's native Philadelphia is considering removing a work featuring the entertainer.
This week, the Bounce television network pulled reruns of the comedian's CBS sitcom "Cosby." The network, which is geared toward black viewers, had aired back-to-back episodes of "Cosby" each weekday.

And the smaller Centric cable network, which is affiliated with BET and aimed at black women, said it was dropping "The Cosby Show," a big chunk of its schedule.

However, Hulu is still offering every episode of "The Cosby Show," and Amazon continues to offer it streaming, along with DVDs.

From my link above (500):

"He (the judge) also said Cosby "voluntarily narrowed (his) zone of privacy" when he used the media "soap box" to comment on other people's behavior."

It's incredible how BC's life has crumbled around him in such a short amount of time.

When I look at that photo in the above Huff Post link, all I see is a ghoul.

BTW, if my personal message offends or violates fine, the victim blaming displayed here has upset and offended me to no end. When women will not support women victims but "wait" to have their claims validated by the offender himself, and truly, how often does that really happen, it makes me more than a little self righteously crazy. I make no apologies for that.

BTW, if my personal message offends or violates fine, the victim blaming displayed here has upset and offended me to no end. When women will not support women victims but "wait" to have their claims validated by the offender himself, and truly, how often does that really happen, it makes me more than a little self righteously crazy. I make no apologies for that.

Nor should you. Victim blaming is prolific - sometimes, people don't mean to harm the victims but don't realize they are through insensitive and ignorant comments. They're hurting more than just the victims though - they're hurting the loved ones of those people and even future victims too. I believe victims are a lot less likely to speak out when they witness first hand, before being victimized, what ugliness speaking out can conjure.

My 14 year old niece was drugged and raped by my ex-husband. There was never a single doubt for me that she was telling the truth. Her mom (my ex-husband's sister) and I supported her as best we could in pursuing charges against my ex, maybe because we were both once victims of SA ourselves. Meanwhile, his mother - her grandmother - said my niece had been dressing and acting too provocatively. My ex was 43 years old at the time - how is it a 14 year old girl's responsibility to control the actions of a grown man? She trusted him and expected him to protect her - after all, this was the guy who'd changed her diapers and rocked her to sleep - who'd been through everything in life with her so far. My ex plead guilty - in a way, we were relieved because my niece wasn't required to testify - but his mother, her grandmother, still insists he only plead guilty to avoid a harsher sentence. She visits him in prison often.

Meanwhile, my once beautiful, strong niece has all but been destroyed. Her life is riddled by drugs, violence, and chaos. She was sentenced to life - her rapist gets released this year. That same grandmother states she's praying for her recovery but I'm left wondering if those prayers would be necessary had the people my niece loved and trusted had also trusted her. On the other side of the coin, I know how it feels to not be believed - my mom, an incest victim herself, refused to believe me when I told her I'd been date raped at 15. Why, I will never know but well remember the feelings of shame, anger, and hopelessness. It took 20 years for me to even be able to talk about it and I put myself through all kinds of hell first.

I think sometimes people simply forget that there are real human beings behind the cases we follow, the headlines we glance. His 40 accusers aren't simply newsprint, they're real blood and bone human beings with very human emotions.

All JMO and FWIW

Nor should you. Victim blaming is prolific - sometimes, people don't mean to harm the victims but don't realize they are through insensitive and ignorant comments. They're hurting more than just the victims though - they're hurting the loved ones of those people and even future victims too. I believe victims are a lot less likely to speak out when they witness first hand, before being victimized, what ugliness speaking out can conjure.

My 14 year old niece was drugged and raped by my ex-husband. There was never a single doubt for me that she was telling the truth. Her mom (my ex-husband's sister) and I supported her as best we could in pursuing charges against my ex, maybe because we were both once victims of SA ourselves. Meanwhile, his mother - her grandmother - said my niece had been dressing and acting too provocatively. My ex was 43 years old at the time - how is it a 14 year old girl's responsibility to control the actions of a grown man? She trusted him and expected him to protect her - after all, this was the guy who'd changed her diapers and rocked her to sleep - who'd been through everything in life with her so far. My ex plead guilty - in a way, we were relieved because my niece wasn't required to testify - but his mother, her grandmother, still insists he only plead guilty to avoid a harsher sentence. She visits him in prison often.

Meanwhile, my once beautiful, strong niece has all but been destroyed. Her life is riddled by drugs, violence, and chaos. She was sentenced to life - her rapist gets released this year. That same grandmother states she's praying for her recovery but I'm left wondering if those prayers would be necessary had the people my niece loved and trusted had also trusted her. On the other side of the coin, I know how it feels to not be believed - my mom, an incest victim herself, refused to believe me when I told her I'd been date raped at 15. Why, I will never know but well remember the feelings of shame, anger, and hopelessness. It took 20 years for me to even be able to talk about it and I put myself through all kinds of hell first.

I think sometimes people simply forget that there are real human beings behind the cases we follow, the headlines we glance. His 40 accusers aren't simply newsprint, they're real blood and bone human beings with very human emotions.

All JMO and FWIW

So sad to hear BritsKate this story. I know your niece is getting much love and support. His getting out of jail this year must open new wounds for her, and the entire family, who has been given a life sentence.

There is another thread here at websleuths by LisaB concerning a e-mail and letter writing campaign to prevent her ex husband from getting out on parole at the end of this month...after abusing her daughter. Tricia has highlighted it and she was on Trisha's show this past Thursday. I am on my phone and cannot cut and paste that thread, and I am sure that she would appreciate anyone's support in writing the parole board.

I do hope the families of Cosby victims are very supportive of all the victims after all these years.

BBM.

Yes. This part is absolutely mind-blowing. The victims weren't believed until the offender confirmed what they said. It makes my head come very close to exploding.

Bill Cosby’s wife says accusers ‘consented’ to drugs and sex
http://nypost.com/2015/07/12/bill-cosbys-wife-says-accusers-consented-to-drugs-and-sex/

Mrs. Cosby is “a proud, dignified but stubborn woman. You can say that she’s standing by her husband, but really, the more people stand against him, the more she perceives it as an affront to her and all that she’s done to make him a star,” said another source who’s done business with the *Cosbys and remains close to them.

IIRC this story is by the same writer who called Cosby and was told that he expected black media to uphold the excellence of journalism standards.

She seems to be active in his crisis management team.

“I created him, I knew what I was getting and we’ll fix this,” she told the gathering at a meeting at the couple’s Shelburne Falls, Mass., home Tuesday night.

If the source is to be trusted she has resigned to look the other way regarding Bill's philandering to give him space. :P

The infidelities were “personal, between Bill and I,” she’s told her circle, the source said.
According to the family source, Camille confided, “You have to allow for space to let your partner do what he wants. I have done that and [Bill] has done that and there’s no jealously, no friction.”

How magnanimous of her.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...t-collection-remain-view-smithsonian-32396775

Bill Cosby's Art Collection to Remain on View at Smithsonian

"First and fundamentally, this is an art exhibit," Richard Kurin, the Smithsonian's undersecretary for art, history and culture told The Associated Press. "So it's not about the life and career of Bill Cosby. It's about the artists."

Most of the Cosby collection had never before been seen by the public. It includes paintings by one-time slaves, pieces commissioned for the Cosbys, a piece by Cosby's daughter and quilts made in tribute to Cosby and his slain son, Ennis. The exhibit also includes images of Cosby and quotations from him.

Now the Smithsonian has revealed to The Associated Press that the Cosbys also funded the exhibition with a $716,000 gift, which virtually covers the entire cost. Museum industry guidelines call for museums to make public the source of funding when an art lender funds an exhibit, but the Smithsonian did not reveal Cosby's financial gift until Friday, even though the exhibit opened in November.

I think he's bought a lot of respectability over the years.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...t-collection-remain-view-smithsonian-32396775

Bill Cosby's Art Collection to Remain on View at Smithsonian

I think he's bought a lot of respectability over the years.

ITA and it sounds like Camille has been the curator of the Cosby Collection of Good Works, Honorary Degrees, and Pedestal Building.

I posted months ago my suspicions that the Smithsonian was not being forthcoming about the complete Cosby connection to the exhibit. Even back then, it didn't take much perusing of the exhibit's website to see that Cosby was very much an element of the exhibit itself. The fact that the Smithsonian continues to hold on to its fortune in artwork at the expense of Cosby's dozens of rape victims just makes my blood boil all over again. The least they could do is remove the Cosby works, replace all mention of the Cosby name with "on loan from a private collection", AND turn him over to the IRS and make Cosby pay taxes on the $716K gift he took as a tax credit.

Snipped for focus.

Beyond sickening. It now is clear to me that this woman has tolerated anything and everything over the years to stay on the gravy train. She's complicit in his crimes.

A quote from the article Donjeta posted.

They are making him out to be such a bad guy, a monster,” Camille said, according to the source.

Snipped for focus.

Beyond sickening. It now is clear to me that this woman has tolerated anything and everything over the years to stay on the gravy train. She's complicit in his crimes.

It's not clear to me what her theory is. The women consented to drugs and sex with Cosby all those years ago and now they're all accusing him of rape at the same time...why?

A quote from the article Donjeta posted.

They are making him out to be such a bad guy, a monster,” Camille said, according to the source.

Funny how that happens. All he did was rape and sexually abuse fortysomething women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska