Rape And Molestation Charges Filed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe Emma? was the childhood/high school friend that shared both memories ... that as a 12 yo MH was maudlin and wrote of a dramatic demise, in what I am sure she thought was Sylvia Plath chic (my opinion) and was a fun, normal teen. Young girls in early puberty (12-14) have an angst and obnoxiousness all their own, and have for time eternal. And because we love them, we breath deeply and see them through that stage. :)

I don't think we can read too much into one, alleged but not yet documented, childhood note to a friend, in light of a crime this horrific.

Am I alone feeling this way?

I would still like to know WHY it took 4 hours to figure out she was missing in the first place!! Someone should have been inquiring as to why this little girl was not home for dinner or should have checked up on her periodically in a 4 hour period, imo. While I feel so sorry for her family during this time, I am still angry because no one missed her.

This might be the time to mention a comment I found earlier today at Tracy Press. Found at: An Easter like none other

"doors17 wrote on Monday, Apr 13 at 09:37 AM »
jennysmom, as a resident of Orchard Estates I can tell you that on Saturday morning the day after she was reported missing the FBI was checking our cars and questioning everyone who went in & out on the first weekend. Everyone had their home searched twice. For me the first time was 11:30 am Saturday by the FBI. The second and last time my place was searched was Sunday at 6 pm by the Tracy Police.

Sandra's mother called the police at 8 pm, but before they called the police the family spent a hour or two going door to door looking for her first.

About 3 or 4 months ago we had another family come to our door saying that their daughter was missing ( not Sandra ) and it turned out she was at a friends house in the park. So when her family and police checked with everyone here, all of us thought it was a repeat of what we dealt with 3 months earlier, and that we would just have the same conclusion.

Also nativetracyite, what we been told that there is another Melissa Huckaby who went to West High, but this Mellissa Huckaby went to high school in the Los Angeles area. If that's true I feel sorry for the wrong Mellissa."

It is not the fact that she was unaccounted for for four hours. The article per grandpa is in the media thread. She went out to play after coming home from school. She came home briefly for five minutes than went back out to play... There was a break there in the middle. Not to mention her family thought they knew the adults she was playing around. when trust becomes a sin I want to move to another planet please!

Her mother and family thought she was playing, as usual, at her friend's homes in the park. With adults that the family trusted. They knew Melissa and let their daughter play there... This is just an aberration.

They are not guilty of anything to me. They were gullible as to what dangers were out there. I cannot imagine that any anger of this is stronger than their own... as well as regret.. I just cannot go there.... This little girl was doing what she normally did every day of her life... until someone took it from her and from her family.

:clap:

I believe Emma? was the childhood/high school friend that shared both memories ... that as a 12 yo MH was maudlin and wrote of a dramatic demise, in what I am sure she thought was Sylvia Plath chic (my opinion) and was a fun, normal teen. Young girls in early puberty (12-14) have an angst and obnoxiousness all their own, and have for time eternal. And because we love them, we breath deeply and see them through that stage. :)

I don't think we can read too much into one, alleged but not yet documented, childhood note to a friend, in light of a crime this horrific.

Am I alone feeling this way?

I went through the whole teenage angst thing and I never wrote something like that. :)
OT: I did admire Sylvia Plath and I still do-- I don't think that female artists are discussed nearly as much as male artists in school, or celebrated in our society as a whole.:wink: I guess some of my angst is still with me:rolleyes:. But my inner child just adores these smiley icons!:Banane14:

Nursebee, I absolutely agree! It drives me nuts when people second guess and blame it on the parents ... "why weren't they in absolute constant communication and control of their child!!!" Of course, there is a level of NORMAL care .... The relatively new phenomenon of "Hover Parents" (a major problem not just for public schools anymore, but for colleges, too) cause problems that are just legion in the adjustment of their children!

http://cbs13.com/sandracantu
there is a great video interview here with the woman who wrote the tracy press article for those who have not seen it... (video box to the right....think it is second video over)

Hoover parents?

no "hover" as in a helicopter. They hover over their children and are over-involved in their lives to the extent of trying to keep the child from suffering from the consequences of the child's own actions. I worked in a college registrar's office once and you would not believe how upset parents would get when an instructor wouldn't change a grade for a student. One girls parents raised so much cane because she got one B and she was an A student. Truth was she earned the B.

http://cbs13.com/sandracantu
there is a great video interview here with the woman who wrote the tracy press article for those who have not seen it... (video box to the right....think it is second video over)

She's a true investigative reporter. IMO, there are very few of those left. Mostly reporters now just report what's handed to them in press releases.

And it is a really significant problem. Middle school parents of teen boys come in to argue for them and to fight their battles ... the boys are HUMILIATED! It is just a new, weird psychological problem w/some parents ... they think they can protect their children from all danger and all unpleasantness ... even through college. It is not normal concern for very young, incapable toddlers, but it is the same principles applied to much older young people.

Sandra's parents did NOTHING wrong that we know of yet. It was one of those life events know one, exercising normal vigilance, could have anticipated.

No. Her name was Rebecca H.

There was no Amber Alert because there was no description of an abductor or vehicle which is required in the state of CA.

When states or LE departments realize those are only SUGGESTED guidelines...they will come to the understanding that AA's should be decided on a case by case basis. There should have been an AA for Sandra, but it wouldn't have helped since she was gone before she was ever reported missing, sadly. :(

I would still like to know WHY it took 4 hours to figure out she was missing in the first place!! Someone should have been inquiring as to why this little girl was not home for dinner or should have checked up on her periodically in a 4 hour period, imo. While I feel so sorry for her family during this time, I am still angry because no one missed her.

SS...You might remember me going semi-ballistic several days ago concerning the California Amber Alert Guidelines. It is time for ALL states to come together on the guidelines! That means the average citizen must get involved. It might save their own children someday. The following are the guidelines in Tennessee. I Bolded what is the big difference that allows our state to issue an alert and have the age come into play.

To activate an AMBER ALERT, there must be accurate information on at least one of the following: description of child; description of suspect; description of vehicle; Child must be 17 years of age or younger; There must be a belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death.
The following factors may be considered as placing the child in imminent danger: The missing child is believed to be out of the zone of safety for his or her age and development stage. The missing child is drug dependent, on prescribed medication and/or illegal substances, and the dependency is potentially life threatening. The missing child has been absent from the home for more than 24 hours before the incident was reported to the police. Based on available information, it is believed that the missing child is in a life-threatening situation. Based on available information, it is believed that the missing child is in the company of adults who could endanger his or her welfare.

If MH did molest Sandra the day she disappeared I wonder if she had done so
in past visits. When I read that Sandra always had to play at Melissa's home made me wonder.
Poor child-- could have been molested and then warned not to tell anyone. I wonder how long this was going on--and if other children were assaulted.
I wonder if anyone else is suspected.
How in the world could this be going on in MH's grandfather's home?

I think tomorrow in the court house is going to be very tense...with both families in attendance....

If MH did molest Sandra the day she disappeared I wonder if she had done so
in past visits. When I read that Sandra always had to play at Melissa's home made me wonder.
Poor child-- could have been molested and then warned not to tell anyone. I wonder how long this was going on--and if other children were assaulted.
I wonder if anyone else is suspected.
How in the world could this be going on in MH's grandfather's home?
I had wondered this too Zelda... and actually wondered if in the process of the molestation she threatened to "tell"...

There's one question I can't get out of my mind...how does a woman who stands 5'3" and weighs 125 pounds manage to put a large suitcase with a 45 lb. body into the center of a large pond all by herself?

I have no doubt that I could pack the suitcase and get it to the car, in the car, out of the car, on the road ..... but how did it get to the middle of that irrigation pond? There is no way she picked it up and threw it (I just watched Strongest Man and MH doesn't look like any of them).

I wonder how far out it was originally, before the farm guys pulled it to the shore? Do you think MH rolled that suitcase out there? If so, that means she got in the water - so she was wet! Maybe good forensics here, if she dripped all over her car. What about her shoes? They would have had mud in/on them.

It could not have been easy rolling that suitcase in the wet mud under the water. I don't think those ditches are all that deep generally, so probably not more than waist deep, if that. She might have carried it out there? We are talking about 60-80 pounds. I can lift 100 lbs of dog food, but I can't carry it very far. She had to get the suitcase down the embankment, which doesn't look that high, but unless she is pretty strong, it would have been difficult. I wonder if she fell down? I wonder if LE found her clothes from that night?

What did her grandparents see when she got home? Do you think maybe the grandparents saw some really unexplainable things and they are the ones who called the tip line? Maybe MH came home all wet and soggy and told some tale that was just unbelieveable? Grandparents probably didn't think much about it until that suitcase showed up...... Maybe the grandparents started putting 1 and 1 together and coming up with 2 which deserved a call to the tip line.... hmmmmm

This is ALL speculation on my part,

Salem

The mother/aunt stated early on that they had looked around the park for her for 1-2 hours before calling 911. If she was playing at a friend's house, it would not be strange for a playdate to last 2+ hours at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back