Rape And Molestation Charges Filed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just sickened about the latest news of rape and molestation. I feel the tox tests will reveal that Sandra had been drugged but did not expect this other. Now I am hoping that Sandra was so drugged that she never knew what happened to her.

Rest in Peace, Sandra, in heaven and the arms of the angels.

I'm with you LALAW...I pray that poor baby was drugged. I just can't wrap my brain around this. I really hope some people start speaking out about the type of person she is.....it's just uncomprehendable to me. She's a mother, for goodness sakes. Now her own little girl has to grow up dealing with this....

Welcome to WS, LC! While I agree with using stats to some extent...they can be good tools, but can be misleading and very incorrect. I also have to mention what one of our members said which has me wondering now if a lot of the cold cases sitting on desks of detectives are there because they did not or would not consider the perp to be a female.

That post about the cold cases stuck with me, too. It really makes you wonder. Kudos to the author of that post, which totally escapes me right now. I'll have to go look for it.

ETA: It was Kat who first posted the idea about the cold cases.

Prob. still on streets bcuz nobody EVER thought a woman ( a mother!) could be capable of such a horrible crime!

And thanks to Viki, too, for her insights. We know that so many times, yesteryears victims become today's perpetrators. We feel so sorry for these little kids who are sexually abused, but when they grow up to continue the cycle of abuse on children, the grown up victim is now a "monster" - who deserves to be tortured and killed themselves!

I can't find much sympathy in my heart for adults who molest and kill, but picturing them as helpless little victims once themselves (when applicable) can bring some perspective to these tragedies.
It is the irony of this particular type of crime, isn't it? We see it in other crimes...such as the child who witnesses physical abuse to a parent often become the abuser later on in life...like Chris Brown, for example.

People have choices. The children who were sexually abused, witnessed physical abuse, or other things grow up to be adults who make the choices to perpetuate the cycle. I can't feel sorry for them when they make the absolute WRONG choice. They know it is wrong. They can stop themselves, imo. They can seek help.

I had the same feeling about this one, SeriouslySearching.:( MH has probably been grooming Sandra for some time now. There are no words for how sad this is all getting to be...
No. I don't see any grooming process in this one. When I say she had an obsession for Sandra...I mean in a very vindictive way. I don't think she was particularly nice to her or "gifted" her etc. I think Sandra probably only went over to play when Connie was home, but I am only speculating.

I was hoping that Huckaby ws in a rage or something and Sandra was gone fast. I was hoping she didn't do something like this...

My mind keeps going back to Miranda now, I'm worried that she could have done something to her too, and she's scared and afraid to tell..Pooooorrrrrr little girlsss, saddest thing...

I wonder too if she did anything to her own little girl.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit there? No one said she was unhappy with her own mother...did they?!

Outside of giving her the opportunity to act on her fantasies or impulses, I do not see how the two connect in any way. If her grandmother and her daughter were gone, she wasted no time in taking advantage of them being gone. I don't think it had anything to do with how she felt about her own mother, but instead...how she wanted the object of her obsession which was Sandra. I still consider this a crime of opportunity...even if it was premediated. She waited until such a time she found Sandra in a vulnerable position (alone and with no one around to see them) before she kidnapped, raped, and murdered her.

Hey SS.....I think I am just not making myself very clear. I truly feel that MH was disconnected from her Mother at the very least. Here are MH's own words written to her best friend in High School (see Post #172, page 7 of the Melissa Huckaby, Suspect Thread #2):

"All I know is that I've also come up with another solution that would solve all my problems and I have seriously been thinking about it.... I have been thinking about this for a very long time and I'm very serious about it."

"When I was little, like sixth grade I used to pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I just wasn't meant to live I guess. No on wants me or even cares if I live or not and I'm just in the way anyways."

The statement by MH about no one wanting her, caring about her, etc. was made in reference to thoughts of suicide that she said she had in the 6th grade! I just wonder if at the age of 28, the fact that her mother was coming to take her 5 year old for a vacation....and not also inviting MH alone.....factored into her horrible actions. We still don't know where the grandmother (Connie) was, or where the 5 year old daughter was on that terrible Friday that Sandra went missing.

Sandra was last seen wearing a pink "Hello Kitty" shirt and black leggings.
She is Hispanic, 4’-0” tall and weights (sic) approximately 45 lbs.
She has light brown hair and brown eyes. Sandra has a birthmark on her right cheek.

Okay help me out, how old is Miranda? and have we determined that MH's daughter was not home that afternoon but was away on a trip with Connie (which would have left MH home alone). Was Miranda even there that day?

Sandra was last seen wearing a pink "Hello Kitty" shirt and black leggings.
She is Hispanic, 4’-0” tall and weights (sic) approximately 45 lbs.
She has light brown hair and brown eyes. Sandra has a birthmark on her right cheek.

My bad I.b.nora, What I read must have been wrong. xox

The accountant in me is wondering what kind of a statistical anomaly MLH is, as far as this type of crime is concerned.

This case is bringing back too many unpleasant memories, but as for the stats for murder, no idea. For assault of this nature it's around 5% of all cases involving female children.

Okay help me out, how old is Miranda? and have we determined that MH's daughter was not home that afternoon but was away on a trip with Connie (which would have left MH home alone). Was Miranda even there that day?

No, the media reports state that MH's daughter was SCHEDULED TO LEAVE THE NEXT DAY after Sandra went missing - and NOT with Connie (MH's grandmother), but with Judy (MH's mother). We do not know where any of these people were on that Friday, but I can guarantee you that LE knows where they were.

We do not know anything for certain yet.

Watching Sheneman on HLN a bit ago tho, when Jane asked him about the rape with a foreign object he did not deny it and only said he could not discuss it. The he included the rape w/ a foreign object as one of the possible charges for tomoz. I think that is pretty much a fact now. xox

LOLOL I answered your post and now see I didn't know which post you were responding to. Maybe I need to go put my little ham in the oven!

If Melissa's daughter was not home and Sandra had already gone over there and knew that maybe that explains the hesitation of Sandra when she looked over that way and maybe saw MH waving her over.

Hey SS.....I think I am just not making myself very clear. I truly feel that MH was disconnected from her Mother at the very least. Here are MH's own words written to her best friend in High School (see Post #172, page 7 of the Melissa Huckaby, Suspect Thread #2):

"All I know is that I've also come up with another solution that would solve all my problems and I have seriously been thinking about it.... I have been thinking about this for a very long time and I'm very serious about it."

"When I was little, like sixth grade I used to pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. I just wasn't meant to live I guess. No on wants me or even cares if I live or not and I'm just in the way anyways."

The statement by MH about no one wanting her, caring about her, etc. was made in reference to thoughts of suicide that she said she had in the 6th grade! I just wonder if at the age of 28, the fact that her mother was coming to take her 5 year old for a vacation....and not also inviting MH alone.....factored into her horrible actions. We still don't know where the grandmother (Connie) was, or where the 5 year old daughter was on that terrible Friday that Sandra went missing.
Notes like that from a 6th grader do not always equate to the mother or even the parents. She could have been bullied at school and written the same thing. Didn't the person who brought those here indicate she was considered "different" and shy because of her religion etc.?

Prob. still on streets bcuz nobody EVER thought a woman ( a mother!) could be capable of such a horrible crime!

And thanks to Viki, too, for her insights. We know that so many times, yesteryears victims become today's perpetrators. We feel so sorry for these little kids who are sexually abused, but when they grow up to continue the cycle of abuse on children, the grown up victim is now a "monster" - who deserves to be tortured and killed themselves!

I can't find much sympathy in my heart for adults who molest and kill, but picturing them as helpless little victims once themselves (when applicable) can bring some perspective to these tragedies.

You're too kind, NRN. There's no need to feel sorry for a former victim who goes on to abuse others. Evil is a choice, not a compulsion.

We certainly wouldn't feel sorry for a man who beats his puppy just because his father used to beat him. Why feel sorry for any woman or man who chooses to abuse a child just because he/she experienced abuse as a child? These people should know better than anyone how it feels. This, IMO, makes them exceptionally evil. JMO, of course.

ETA: Unless there is some type of mental disorder.

Aren't you contradicting yourself a bit there? No one said she was unhappy with her own mother...did they?!

Outside of giving her the opportunity to act on her fantasies or impulses, I do not see how the two connect in any way. If her grandmother and her daughter were gone, she wasted no time in taking advantage of them being gone. I don't think it had anything to do with how she felt about her own mother, but instead...how she wanted the object of her obsession which was Sandra. I still consider this a crime of opportunity...even if it was premediated. She waited until such a time she found Sandra in a vulnerable position (alone and with no one around to see them) before she kidnapped, raped, and murdered her.

I've wondered about this. Did she plan to do something, sometime? Like did she have a plan for whenever the opportunity arose, but didn't have a plan for creating the opportunity. Or did she plan every aspect? Maybe she had her daughter ask Sandra to come and play that day? Perhaps Sandra and MH's daughter were playing the day before and MH told her daughter to invite her back the next day, or maybe even MH said, oh come back tomorrow and you all can play some more.
Or was MH just going about her usual day when Sandra knocked on the door and MH then thought, oh here's my chance, let's put my plan into action.

As difficult as it is to believe the circumstances of this crime, I tend to think that MH somehow got Sandra over to her house that day. That it was all very planned, the plot, the day, the time. It's harder for me to believe that there was a plan somewhere in the back of MH's mind and when Sandra unexpectedly came knocking MH saw her chance and went into action.

I'm just not sure. Nothing in the case is of the norm. (if there is a norm)
It's all just very sad and difficult to digest.

Question..Is MH the person that originally said that Sandra mentioned running away from home? Is she the reason there was NO Amber Alert?

I've read that too - but they're not being too definitive about it, are they? What confuses me is that the church by Orchard Estates (her grandfather's church) is _not_ the church she works/worked at, I don't think. I read she was a volunteer Sunday school teacher at her uncle's church in Bellflower. But the media is saying she worked at the Clove Road church (her Gfather's church - that seems to be where the murder occurred).

Or am I just confused? I'll try to find links I read yesterday....

She certainly didn't work at a church in Bellflower, as that city is about 350 miles south of Tracy, in Los Angeles County. All reports I've read indicate she was employed as a "Sunday school teacher" at her grandfather's church in Tracy, the location the police believe the murder of Sandra took place.
I haven't heard of any other church.

Notes like that from a 6th grader do not always equate to the mother or even the parents. She could have been bullied at school and written the same thing. Didn't the person who brought those here indicate she was considered "different" and shy because of her religion etc.?

No, that statement was made from one of our posters here whose roommate knew MH. The poster who was good friends with MH from High School described her like this:

"We were very much regular teenagers. We were both on the school dance team and spent alot of time choreographing and practicing. She dated, I have pages of letters that we wrote back and forth. Most of it is about boys and the normal teenage angst.

She was one of the funniest people I ever knew. We had tons of fun together doing normal teenage stuff... gossiping, going to the mall, going to Disneyland, etc."

It's odd reading that, and trying to reconcile what we now know, or at the very least suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back