Rape And Molestation Charges Filed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank-you, SuzyQ :)

(I'd like to figure out how to do that..'thank-you' thing, that you can add to someone's post!)

Driving directions from Tracy, CA to Bellflower, CA
344 mi – about 5 hours 19 mins (up to 6 hours 50 mins in traffic)

Yes, way too far for commuting. My oldest daughter was born at Kaiser Hospital in Bellflower and I had a friend that lived in Tracy several years ago and have made the drive. No way would anyone commute between Tracy and Bellflower for Sunday School. Perhaps when MH lived in OC, she had something to do with that church in Bellflower, but I think the websites that make the claim have their timelines mixed up if they think she taught SS there recently (ie at the time of the murder).

Thank-you, SuzyQ :)

(I'd like to figure out how to do that..'thank-you' thing, that you can add to someone's post!)

MoonFlwr - you should have a little blue button at the bottom of each post on the right hand side that says Quote and one that says Thanks.

Sometimes after you write a post, the Thanks button goes away, but if you just refresh the page it come right back.

Salem

Some of it still doesn't make sense to me. IF MH had drugged Sandra before, why on earth would she have been allowed to roam around? Even if they didn't know WHO had drugged her, that would have precluded ANY free-roaming due to the danger!

I felt this case was going to turn putrid from the get-go.

People think that women do NOT do abberant things. They are very much UNDERESTIMATING the criminal/evil minds of some women, just as they underestimated the number of men involved in child molestation/*advertiser censored* for decades and STILL are underestimating the numbers...

I know other WS'ers must have noticed that in the recent past, many many news articles have come out with elementary and middle-school female teachers molesting children of both sexes. I taught 1st and let me tell you, I was highly disturbed by some of the female teachers they had in our district teaching the 4th - 6th graders. They were never married, they dress as males practically, seem to say off-color things, and just set my hinky meter right off. And the vast majority of molestations or inappropriateness goes UNREPORTED by the victims.

Poor Sandra. I will be surprised if LE does not uncover even more peculiar stuff associated with the case.

I really understand where you are coming regarding questioning the way that Sandra was parented. To be honest with you I don't know how to judge this family considering everything that has happened to them. Having lived through a loss myself I've experienced a million "What if I hads" and know I will have much more. But I just cannot imagine what Sandra's mother is going through right now, especially given how sometimes mothers tend to experience those kinds of feelings when anything happens to their children. I'm afraid that what Sandra's mother has going on in her head is a million times worse than any judgement from us.

I think that this case will open people's eyes to the fact that women can be predator's. The good thing about cases like this being so rare is that the female SO aspect will be sensationalized. There was the Mary Kay Letourneau case a number of years back, and there have been two cases in my city where a female teacher has had inappropriate relationships with their students-- there have been similar incidents with males that arguably were less sensationalized. Oprah did a show featuring one such teacher and her family. You get Oprah talking about something and you know other people will too.

This stuff is going to be talked about more and more. I think that that will be something good that will come of this. The increase in these types of cases is either increasing because there are more female predators or because children are being taken seriously when they report this kind of abuse. I have hope because I think that it is due to people listening to their kids and getting them help. I do not have children, but I have friends who do, and one of them spoke with me about stuff like this. Its so sad that these things need to happen to get people's attention, but I guess that's how it goes. :(

Hi, I'm new to this particular case thread - (I normally post on Caylee Anthony and on the unidentified threads). I just wanted to weigh in on some of the comments I've seen over at the CA thread and here regarding female perpetrators.

We have this tendency to let women off the hook when it comes to crime, particularly of this nature. Not to be anti-women by any means (as I myself am one), but, just as there are as many good fathers as there are bad ones, I think women are just as capable as men of committing heinous acts and of being cruel to others, even sociopathic. Growing up, I always thought that girls were meaner than boys could ever really be. (I actually was a victim of one such girl in high school who pretended to be my friend to do pre-meditated and cruel things to me behind my back. In college and even in the workplace, I encountered some of the same type of planned, cruel behavior.) So I don't know why we have this tendency in our society to say, she's so nice and she has children, she can't possibly be a murderess/sociopath. face it people: women kill too.
One of the biggest perpetrators of the Rwandan genocide was a woman, who was responsible for issuing orders to the Hutus to rape Tutsi women before killing them. This woman was subsequently convicted of multiple counts of crimes against humanity and rape by a UN Tribunal.

I also think I know why you rarely hear about female sex offenders. First, we actually DO hear about the "hot teacher" SOs, but the media doesn't take these seriously. There's still this perception that a teenage boy cannot be raped by a girl or a woman. Second, when you consider that 60% of sexual assaults are never reported (source: RAINN), consider how many less are reported as being perpetrated by other women. An assault by a woman has got to be terribly confusing for a kid. The kids that are taught "good touch bad touch" are usually taught that the "bad touch" will come from a man. In our minds, men that are touchy-feely are creepy. Women that are touchy-feely are just being "maternal" and caring. Women hug people all the time. Your mom's the one who teaches you about tampons! Your dad? then it's creepy. I am just trying to imagine being an 8 year old girl and being touched in a confusing way by my friend's mother. I think, if it was a man that had done it, I'd be more likely to tell someone than if it was someone else's mom. We learn to trust mothers through our bond with our own mother, but men can be nice OR scary. there's the "boogie man", "bad man"..."stranger danger" is always a man.

I hope no one thinks I'm implying here that we should be on the lookout for dangerous/sociopathic women in our communities now, just explaining why we could all be reacting the way we are to this particular type of offender.

Just as I can't wait for a forensic psych report of Casey Anthony to come out during the trial, I really can't wait to see one for Melissa Huckaby. It's going to be awfully fascinating.

That won't fly. She knew right from wrong. You can tell that by the statements she was making and that is what is going to shot down the insanity plea. (I think your statement was sort of 'tongue in cheek' but I wouldn't put it passed her to try anyway.

Yes, it was. I am not a fan of the insanity plea. Of course they aren't sane, no normal sane person would do such things. I'm not so sure, I think she will use it unless she has already confessed.

I'm afraid that what Sandra's mother has going on in her head is a million times worse than any judgement from us.

Just snipping it down to something that needs clarifying: I'm not necessarily judging the parenting. My mind was running more along the possiblity that it wasn't Sandra who was drugged by MH in the past. Had she tried this on another child? There is anecdotal information that it was Sandra who was drugged, but not more.

Formal charges have not been filed, but San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Robert Himmelblau said Monday a murder charge against Huckaby could include the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object, lewd and lascivious conduct with a child and murder in the course of a kidnapping.

WTH?
Professional DAs don't go around talking about what they might do, or could do, they just do it.
This is sensationalism imo, and disgusting if this deputy DA actually stated this. This information should not have been released until charges had been filed or were about to be filed. I'd like to know his motive for making this statement, if he in fact did.
I personally think this statement is in poor taste, and should not have been made, especially with the memorial service coming up on Thursday. moo
I think they did this because they didn't want it to be such a shock to anyone. It isn't sensationalism at all. They were hoping to lessen the blow to a community already reeling from losing a child, arresting a sunday school teacher, and now faced with the realization that Sandra was raped and molested by this woman. It is so much for people to handle plus you may have other victims out there who are going to be affected by this news. IMO, they did the right thing by announcing it early.

Here's a snip from your article:

~snip~ In 2002, she worked as a cashier at a grocery store near the mobile home park. The following year, in May 2003, she filed for bankruptcy, listing just over $5,000 in assets and more than $26,000 in debts. She was 22 and expecting her first child.

According to court documents, Melissa Lawless owed more than $17,000 in medical expenses, including two debts to ambulance services and $10,000 to a Tracy hospital. She earned a total of $10,525 in 2002 while working at the grocery store.

She left the market in 2004. Around this time that she married and had M. She soon divorced.
~end snip~

My bolding - does this mean she has two children? Did she have a miscarriage? or dad has custody? or what?????

Salem

BUMP
I was wondering the same thing. There was another article that seemed to imply that as well, but it has since been pulled down.

BUMP
I was wondering the same thing. There was another article that seemed to imply that as well, but it has since been pulled down.
I have seen the discrepancy about her having child/children. It is odd. It sounds like it is possible, but no one has been able to come up with more than the 5 year old so far. (IIRC, it was mentioned that her 5 yo was the "oldest" somewhere.)

We do need a rumor thread so we can figure these things out.

This really has me wondering...

I'm thinking of the multitude of missing children and murdered yet unidentified.

What if female perps like Huckaby aren't as rare as we'd like to think?

What if there are others like her, who haven't been caught, because they haven't even been suspected? They haven't been suspected simply because they are female.

MoonFlwr - you should have a little blue button at the bottom of each post on the right hand side that says Quote and one that says Thanks.

Sometimes after you write a post, the Thanks button goes away, but if you just refresh the page it come right back.

Salem

As easy as that, huh? ;) Thanks, Salem!
I must've been blonde in my previous life!

(It's such a nice touch, that lil 'Thank you' button! Good idea - whoever came up with it!)

This really has me wondering...

I'm thinking of the multitude of missing children and murdered yet unidentified.

What if female perps like Huckaby aren't as rare as we'd like to think?

What if there are others like her, who haven't been caught, because they haven't even been suspected? They haven't been suspected simply because they are female.

I was wondering the same thing. Its sad to think that women could be capable of these things more than we think, but it gives the victims answers if it helps to solve the crimes. It also helps future criminologists :wink: to know what the actual statistics are when the are profiling.

As easy as that, huh? ;) Thanks, Salem!
I must've been blonde in my previous life!

(It's such a nice touch, that lil 'Thank you' button! Good idea - whoever came up with it!)
LOL!

"I must've been blonde in my previous life".

You say it like it's a BAD thing! :rolleyes:

i read the news here....but wanted to ask.....

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19167988/detail.html#-

the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object
what do you think they mean by special circumstances? could she have died in the car on the way to the church....but the sicko raped her still after she died......

and murder in the course of a kidnapping
what do they mean by in the course of a kidnapping? does that mean she died after she left the house...that because she went to the house on her own....it wasn't kidnapping until she took her to the church? and maybe died in the car on the way there?

i hate to even ask these questions...it is soooo sad and makes me sick...and hard to talk about....

All I know is that the entity we call 'Evil' couldn't have picked a better disguise than Huckaby.

Woman.
Mother.
Neighbor.

Three labels that most children, by nature, feel they can trust.

Little Sandra never stood a chance with that monster in human clothing in her midst.

All I know is that the entity we call 'Evil' couldn't have picked a better disguise than Huckaby.

Woman.
Mother.
Neighbor.
Sunday school teacher

Three labels that most children, by nature, feel they can trust.

Little Sandra never stood a chance with that monster in human clothing in her midst.

bold added by me

This sort of behavior is no doubt a result of the complex interplay of nature and nurture, and as I said I've seen female sex addicts who offend against both young girls and boys, with a significant part of the attraction being that the child is vulnerable and weaker than they themselves.

Someone like Melissa has no sense of a true adult self who is responsible for her actions or even able to authentically engage in adult relationships. One of the early key tips to her identity as an offender is that her family kept referring to her as: nice, sweet, a good mother, and a caretaker of everyone's children. All of this is code for Melissa never developed an adult self.

In many ways she sees children as her true peers.

As to who might have abused her when a child (I would bet very big bucks on this, the odds are with me), it could have been anyone of either gender, her subsequent acting out with a girl(s) isn't necessarily indicative of a female abuser.

Bolded by me ...

This news makes me sick to my stomach! Reading your post, what came to my mind was M.Jackson. He seemed to only want to be around young children as they were his real life friends. Could this be the case with MH?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KazPsi
Back