Raven Filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!!!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is an amazing discovery. Thank you, sleuthers.

I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but this list of creditors just blows me away. How can you let your life get so far off track? His blog the day before Janet was murdered was talking about how his bad decisions were all behind him. What a pathetic smoke screen. It is a motive, for sure.

And I think y'all are right. Karen seems to be wrapped up in this somehow. These irresponsible people have Kaiden. It just makes me ill.

Here is an article about a criminal trying to file bankruptcy to avoid paying restitution:

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_112144423.html

``From our review of these kinds of issues, it's clear that criminal restitution cannot be discharged by bankruptcy,'' said Kirk Torgensen, chief deputy attorney general for Utah.

I hope Durham is the same way.

Pardon me if I have missed something, but did Karyn and her husband sell their house? I recall it being on the market, and then taken off. I did not know that they for sure sold it tho.
Going to look at The Rave's bankruptcy info on Pacer..........wish I could say I am surprised but I am not truly. Great find and fantastic sleuthing!
Just hope that he is BEHIND BARS where the piece of crap belongs ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moxie said:
He has A LOT of creditors.

If Karyn co-signed for any of his accounts, she could be liable.

I still wonder why she sold her house. Could it be so that she would have no assets to lose?

So, Raven, you've accomplished a lot in your 27 years:

Flunked out of college - evidently twice!
Got fired from a bunch of jobs
Embezzled money to fund your own business venture - finally got caught
Convicted of said embezzlement - now a felon
Pregnant Wife is murdered - police say it is not a random act
Police do not clear you of being either a POI or a suspect in the murder
And now you are bankrupt

Way to go man. What a track record you have compiled. And all before you are 30!!

God help us all if you are allowed to roam free on this earth another ten years.
..let's not forget the affair(s)...infidelity........
..way to go raven! 8 out of 8.............do i hear 10 ?

caffeinatd said:
I wonder if he has depleted the Account that was opened for Kaiden/him at the elctricians union. I noticed they are a creditor for a vehicle. Also, wonder who had ENT surgery in Utah? Him or Kaiden?
I'm guessing that it would be Raven's since Kaiden should be using Medicaid. Didn't Raven have some sort of accident were he hit the side of his (big, fat) head? Maybe he did some damage.

juliagoulia said:
Here is an article about a criminal trying to file bankruptcy to avoid paying restitution:

http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_112144423.html

``From our review of these kinds of issues, it's clear that criminal restitution cannot be discharged by bankruptcy,'' said Kirk Torgensen, chief deputy attorney general for Utah.

I hope Durham is the same way.
I thought that this was the rule everywhere. Not sure though.

Moxie said:
Raven, you SOB! On April 28, 2006 while Janet's family and friends were preparing to remember her at that beautiful vigil in NC you were in court (or your lawyer was), claiming bankruptcy. No wonder you needed that insurance money on Janet! (that policy we all know you must have and thought you would be able to count on).
So Raven may have murdered Janet to get the insurance money in order to pay off all of this debt, (and be able to get on with his life & plans without a black mark on his record). Since he hasn't been cleared as a POI, the insurance company won't pay out, and he has no choice but to file. In all likelihood, he hasn't been paying this debt in months because that is probably what his lawyer told him to do.

To take it farther, if he was receiving merchandise or cash under the table, he'd still qualify for all of those death benefits but still have cash to fund all of those trips of his - like the biking trip to Moab while Kaiden spent his first, conscious Halloween without his Mommy AND without his Daddy.

I imagine that Raven probably waited as long as possible for that insurance money, and when it didn't come through, he finally had to file. It IS interesting, as several of you have pointed out, that his mother's house was recently sold. We need to find out for sure if it was and when.

BTW, is Chapter 7 a full bankruptcy where he doesn't have to pay back anything?

I'm not sure how to use Pacer. I don't know that we can post the bankruptcy details here but PM'ing them probably wouldn't present a problem. :innocent: :D

Yeah, I thought he hurt his face and then still ended up biking afterwards..how stoic of him, continuing on with the biking trip even though you had a broken face or jaw or something.

How does one end up with 5 capital one and several discover cards, after defaulting on just one, you'd think they would stop sending out cards. I really wonder if Karen S. Abaroa will end up filing next. I wonder if the cards were in both of their names.

I'm sure Raven is going to use the excuse that these were all Janet's cards and he "got stuck with them" because she "died" or "committed suicide" when in fact she was murdered....Oh:doh: Raven Raven Raven, you make me :sick:

Jenifred said:
I'm guessing that it would be Raven's since Kaiden should be using Medicaid. Didn't Raven have some sort of accident were he hit the side of his (big, fat) head? Maybe he did some damage.
Why should Kaiden be using Medicaid?

Well, raven is getting social security AND widower's benefits and since Raven must not be making over $13,000.00 to be qualified for Widower's Benefits he probably doesn't have Health Insurance, which means, Kaiden needs to have some sort of Health Insurance, so he would qualify for Health Insurance through Social Security, would be my best guess.

So, if it's sold, I'm wondering if any of those debts were Karen's in Raven's name????

I really wonder on the timing of all of this and what Karen's involvement is in the filing of the bankruptcy.

This IBEW Credit Union is A Motion for Relief of Automatic Stay for the Ducati 748 which he purchased on October 2, 2001 for $12,295.00 and he still owes $4,673.51 and the Credit Union is the lienholder as it was a secured purchase.

newkid said:
I believe the house did sell, according to their online advertisment. If you click on it now, it says sold. http://www.forsalebyowner.com/show-listing.php?currentlySearching=1&iListingID=20564137
Although Raven (and probably his parents) didn't move too far from the coop! The Heritage Apartments (listed as a creditor on his bankruptcy papers) are at 11715 S. State in Draper, which according to Mapquest, is 1.58 miles away from their old home. And it's only 1.97 miles to Canyon Bicycles. Interesting.

Okay another IBEW Credit Union, there must have been two accounts; one was the Ducati and the second must have been the Memorial Fund set up the day AFTER Janet was murdered. Raven owes them because he overdrew the account by $35.00. Yes folks, you have it here, the Fund is dry, depleted, done with, gone, sucked up, by $35.00 bucks..sweeeeeeeeeeet Raven, really sweet!

Yeah, well the Apartment Rent is $730.00 bucks a month on $10.00 an hour plus bonuses.

guera said:
Although Raven (and probably his parents) didn't move too far from the coop! The Heritage Apartments (listed as a creditor on his bankruptcy papers) are at 11715 S. State in Draper, which according to Mapquest, is 1.58 miles away from their old home. And it's only 1.97 miles to Canyon Bicycles. Interesting.
Okay, I'm driving past on my way home from work today. Not sure what good that will do besides satisfy my curiousity.

Incidentally, I had a family member run into him recently. Reportedly he had a kind of happy go lucky attitude.

Very interesting considering the amount of money he lists he needs for gas per month is over $200.00 bucks.

Seems Raven is claiming he spends over $550.00 per month on daycare for Kaiden. I hope whoever it is he says he's paying is actually getting paid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back