Raven Filing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thankyou kitkat

Organisation Name Raven Abaroa
Organisation Address P O Box 99800
EmeryVille
CA
US
Admin Name PrivateRegContact Admin
Admin Address P O Box 99800
EmeryVille
CA
US
Admin Email contact@myprivateregistration.com
Admin Phone +1.5105952002
Tech Name PrivateRegContact TECH
Tech Address P O Box 99800
EmeryVille
CA
US
Tech Email contact@myprivateregistration.com

..i particularly love it that raven's "secret" (bankrupt)business has "private" under admin, "private" in the email, "private"under tech contact---etc---------yet ( is so stupid as to list ) raven abaroa under the organization name....

..raven, raven, what you do ( have done ) is soooooo not private------------you're not fooling anyone.....never have....never will...........LE must be laughing their heads off putting your case together............

..with every step you take you make it so much easier for them---------who needs a murder weapon when they have raven burying himself on his own ?

ewwwinteresting said:
I agree term. Something isn't adding up. They are all living together in the house in Utah, which conveniently gets sold and no new home purchased to move to. They apparently move to an apartment? Who does that? He files two days after the one year anniversary of his wife's murder and one day before her vigil, which he cannot attend...but is able to go on a bike trip the following week??? This whole scenario smells very rotten to me!
I wonder if they fear that LE is close, so he filed bankruptcy to disolve his debt before he gets arrested. Maybe his step-father has supported him long enough and didn't want to be responsible anymore. This probably makes no sense....I just woke up thinking about it....

caffeinatd, I think you're on to something - I'm not sure what, but I think they are working an angle that has something to do with upcoming legal fees (defense attorney, to be more specific). Besides the financial motive, I still believe the news of another baby (more responsibility) was the "deciding factor" for Raven.

ewwwinteresting said:
:laugh:
Obviously not enough damage to knock some sense into him!
To get some sense, he might just need to be hit by an 18-wheeler. Anyone know of one?

terminatrixator said:
Motive indeed, take the rumors of the high insurance taken out on Janet, the numerous affairs, the big money owed BEFORE Janet was murdered, the Embezzlement...and those dots are connecting ALL over the place.

I am hoping he has to at least pay off one of the student loans. Now, I heard a rumor he failed those classes but it's not confirmed, does anyone here know?

Oh boy oh boy, now I'm wondering about another thing, his income taxes. If he got to file income taxes this year and has not yet done so, and money is owed to him, the trustee can go after that money and the closer this gets to 2007, the trustee can go after any taxes owed him for 2006, if he files in 2006.

I have other thougts too. He never listed the EBAY sales as INCOME. It seems like he may have been doing that under another company name, but I don't see it. If he made money on EBAY, by selling the stolen goods, he still has to count that AS INCOME....HE MADE IT, he still owes taxes on it. I don't see that money he made listed in 2005 income.

So, what other bills have not been paid yet, and how many trips has he taken and how many trips is he planning on taking? He listed $100.00 a month for entertainment....yeah right!

You made some good points about his income taxes. I'm pretty sure he would have to claim everything he embezzeled as income on his taxes. Hmmm, maybe a tip to the IRS is in order? Wouldn't THAT make his day!

terminatrixator said:
Another interesting thing to me, which we discussed above is the $625.00 to Living Scriptures, which were GOODS SOLD in 2002, does this mean he sold goods and never paid them back?
Here's what I've found. It seems that it could be a company that sells books & videos, etc. based on LDS principles. I don't know that this is what Raven bought but it seems possible.

LSI - Living Scriptures, Inc. - Animated Video and Audio Products that Teach Values and Change Lives

LSI - Living Scriptures, Inc. - Animated Video and Audio Products ... LSI - Living Scriptures is your source to wholesome stories about the scriptures and historical heroes, on VHS video, audio tape, and CD media.

CATEGORIES

Video
Modern Prophets
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Hero Classics
Church History
Visit Israel

Audio
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Church History
Grt Mrmn Women
Living Principles
Mormon Hymns

Coloring &
Activity Books
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Hero Classics

ETA: The current price listed for the Animated New Testament on DVD is $718.80 plus shipping and handling and your state sales tax. It includes a 24 DVD set plus 2 bonus DVD's and 19 activity books. So my guess is that Raven purchased some mega set like this and never paid for it. Ironically, this company sells products to "teach values and change lives". Who would think that someone would order this stuff and then not pay for it? :rolleyes:

Jenifred said:
To get some sense, he might just need to be hit by an 18-wheeler. Anyone know of one?
No, but I do know of some good homicide detectives who are working their butts off to make sure Janet's murderer is arrested AND convicted.

I believe they will have much more impact on Raven than any 18 wheeler.

WhiteWolf said:
You made some good points about his income taxes. I'm pretty sure he would have to claim everything he embezzeled as income on his taxes. Hmmm, maybe a tip to the IRS is in order? Wouldn't THAT make his day!
ROFLMAO!!!! It makes my day just thinking about it!

terminatrixator said:
ROFLMAO!!!! It makes my day just thinking about it!
And to the bankruptcy court - if he lied then that is perjury.

Moxie said:
And to the bankruptcy court - if he lied then that is perjury.
I'm fine with Raven rotting in jail on a perjury charge until he is sentenced for murder. The less time spent poisoning Kaiden, the better. :behindbar

JerseyGirl said:
Here's what I've found. It seems that it could be a company that sells books & videos, etc. based on LDS principles. I don't know that this is what Raven bought but it seems possible.

LSI - Living Scriptures, Inc. - Animated Video and Audio Products that Teach Values and Change Lives

LSI - Living Scriptures, Inc. - Animated Video and Audio Products ... LSI - Living Scriptures is your source to wholesome stories about the scriptures and historical heroes, on VHS video, audio tape, and CD media.

CATEGORIES

Video
Modern Prophets
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Hero Classics
Church History
Visit Israel

Audio
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Church History
Grt Mrmn Women
Living Principles
Mormon Hymns

Coloring &
Activity Books
Book Of Mormon
New Testament
Old Testament
Hero Classics

ETA: The current price listed for the Animated New Testament on DVD is $718.80 plus shipping and handling and your state sales tax. It includes a 24 DVD set plus 2 bonus DVD's and 19 activity books. So my guess is that Raven purchased some mega set like this and never paid for it. Ironically, this company sells products to "teach values and change lives". Who would think that someone would order this stuff and then not pay for it? :rolleyes:
JG - this is priceless! Thanks for the information!

terminatrixator said:
[font=&quot]One thing I find funny is that Raven is not bankrupting the money he owes to Durham for the Vehicle. I think he still owed about $179.00 bucks on it, I guess he feels he didn't need to include it because he feels Durham, NC won't even remember he owes them money.

Last time I looked he still owed them and Eurosports Money...
[/font]
..i checked the durham tax records, looks llike he coughed up a few $$$'s on april 17,2006........( paid $124 of the $170 )

Tax YearReceipt NumberRate YearParcel Ref. NumberDate DueDate Last PaidTotal OwedCollected AmountAmount DueTax DistrictTaxable Value200544701642005PERSONAL09/01/200504/17/2006$170.53$124.87$45.661$10,910.00

..with a taxable value of $10,900.00--which vehicle is this ?
..in fact, where ARE all of his vehicles these days ? the durango ? the ducati ? the VX?

lauriej said:
..i checked the durham tax records, looks llike he coughed up a few $$$'s on april 17,2006........( paid $124 of the $170 )

Tax YearReceipt NumberRate YearParcel Ref. NumberDate DueDate Last PaidTotal OwedCollected AmountAmount DueTax DistrictTaxable Value200544701642005PERSONAL09/01/200504/17/2006$170.53$124.87$45.661$10,910.00

..with a taxable value of $10,900.00--which vehicle is this ?
..in fact, where ARE all of his vehicles these days ? the durango ? the ducati ? the VX?
I think that was the Durango taxes, but I'm not positive. The Ducati, I think has been repossessed and the VX, your guess is as good as mine.

lauriej said:
Again, the timing is interesting. How long were these taxes outstanding? And weeks before the bankruptcy is filed, he pays a portion of the taxes? At the advice of his attorney, I wonder? Since he's filing the type of bankruptcy where he gets to keep certain possessions, I imagine that he needed to get current with that tax bill before filing and asking to keep it. Also, I don't know for sure how it works but I would imagine that the bankruptcy court would allow you to keep one vehicle but would they allow you to keep more than one? It wouldn't seem quite fair that you're defaulting on money you owe while you have more vehicles than you can drive. You could sell the others to pay some of the debt. My guess is that any other vehicles were sold off recently by Raven. Otherwise, he either couldn't file for bankruptcy or the court would pare him down to one vehicle. Either way, he'd end up with only one but by selling them prior to filing, HE would get the money rather than his debtors. JMO as I'm not really sure how that all works. But it seems like Raven's been making the rounds with attorneys the past couple of years.

ETA: If nothing else, I would imagine that investigators could look into what he's sold recently, what his family has sold, whether he shared any debt with those family members, etc. If it's found that one or more of them orchestrated the selling of possessions to avoid having to pay towards their debt it would at least help in court down the road to paint a picture to the jury of the type of character that Raven has.

terminatrixator said:
JG - this is priceless! Thanks for the information!
It's nauseating, isn't it? Someone buys from a religious organization and doesn't pay them? That's the lowest of low, IMO. What really bugs me is that over the years, Raven was not only buying tons of upgrades for his vehicle, paying soccer fees, going biking, etc., but in all of that time, he couldn't scrape together $700 to pay to Living Scriptures? Did he even TRY to pay them? Doesn't that debt go back to 2002? That was long before Kaiden was even born. Even if he had only paid $50 here and there, that debt could have been long paid off. I don't think that he cared to pay them. He needed the products to help create a certain image (maybe even to Janet herself to prove that he was going to try to get right), but never made any effort to pay for those products. I'm thoroughly disgusted.

If Raven was so down on his luck that he had to go bankrupt a year to the day after Janet's murder, did he really NEED the repairs to the Acura that was taken to the shop on the day of Janet's murder? If I was in such dire financial straits, I wouldn't bring the car in for certain things. (A couple of years ago, one of my four power windows no longer worked. Since it was going to be over $500 to fix it, I decided not to since I had three other windows. That was a decision I made based on money and I wasn't in financial crisis.) So again, I find myself wondering what the car was brought in for that day.

Even if Raven DID commit the "perfect murder", perhaps this is where it starts to unravel - mother selling her house (without buying a new one?), Raven going bankrupt on the first anniversary of Janet's death, etc. It could be these timing issues after the murder that end up helping to build a case.

JerseyGirl said:
Again, the timing is interesting. How long were these taxes outstanding? And weeks before the bankruptcy is filed, he pays a portion of the taxes? At the advice of his attorney, I wonder? Since he's filing the type of bankruptcy where he gets to keep certain possessions, I imagine that he needed to get current with that tax bill before filing and asking to keep it. Also, I don't know for sure how it works but I would imagine that the bankruptcy court would allow you to keep one vehicle but would they allow you to keep more than one? It wouldn't seem quite fair that you're defaulting on money you owe while you have more vehicles than you can drive. You could sell the others to pay some of the debt. My guess is that any other vehicles were sold off recently by Raven. Otherwise, he either couldn't file for bankruptcy or the court would pare him down to one vehicle. Either way, he'd end up with only one but by selling them prior to filing, HE would get the money rather than his debtors. JMO as I'm not really sure how that all works. But it seems like Raven's been making the rounds with attorneys the past couple of years.

ETA: If nothing else, I would imagine that investigators could look into what he's sold recently, what his family has sold, whether he shared any debt with those family members, etc. If it's found that one or more of them orchestrated the selling of possessions to avoid having to pay towards their debt it would at least help in court down the road to paint a picture to the jury of the type of character that Raven has.
At the very least, Raven's financial information as stated on his bankruptcy filing demonstrate an individual who has some serious problems with money - specifically not being able to control his urges to spend. If you look at the data provided, it shows a person who is drowning in debt, and money problems dating back at least to 2001.

So... ladies and gentlemen of the jury, look at Raven Abaroa. He is deeply in debt. He has been arrested for embezzlement. He has been fired from his jobs. He cannot even pay the rent or the tax bills on his automobile and motorcycle. He has a wife and a child. His wife tells him she is pregnant again. She is a sweet and loving wife, however, she is not earning a lot of money annually. Unfortunately for Raven, her salary is not going to begin to put a dent in his debt. He has kept most of his debt secret from her. She and the rest of the world would view him as a failure if the depths of his financial, personal and professional problems were revealed.

However, he had purchased a life insurance policy for her (?).

The wheels start to turn. Raven plots a new plan. Yes, it would be sad to lose his wife, but think of what he could do with all that money. His debts would be erased. He could start over, really be the successful guy he portrays himself as being. He would never have financial stress again in his life. He plans how it will happen. Really thinks it through. Janet is no longer his wife or even, in Raven's mind, relevant. He is looking past her, to a future with no financial worries or stresses.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is called premeditation of murder.

In our fine state of North Carolina, premeditated murder is a capital crime.

A capital crime is one that is so heinous that it is eligible for the death penalty.

Yet, Raven Abaroa was thinking of none of these things as he planned his future, free of the demands of creditors, free of the stress of debt, free of the guilt of not being able to support his pregnant wife and child. Free of being exposed publicly as a personal, financial and professional failure.

All Raven Abaroa was thinking about was money, and how it would make his life easier.

He failed in that too.

Did Janet deserve the fate Raven assigned to her? The state thinks not.

It is now up to you to assign a fate to Raven. No matter what you decide, know that you will be showing him more mercy than he showed his wife when he planned and plotted her death. The death he carried out by stabbing her in the neck and chest.

No matter which fate you select for Raven Abaroa, it will be kinder than what he chose to do to the wife he said he loved.

And when the insurance money didn't come through because Raven STILL has not been cleared, over a year later, he had to resort to bankruptcy. He most likely realized that he needed to wait before filing - had he filed prior to a year after the murder, people might realize that HE committed the crime for money. Why he chose to do it (or agreed to do it) on the one year anniversary of Janet's death is beyond me. Was one year the magical number at which people believed that he would have been arrested if he was the perp? Does he figure that now that a year has passed, they won't be coming for him so now he can do things without concern for timing? Hopefully the timing of this filing was based on bad advice from someone. To file on the anniversary of Janet's death blows me away.

JerseyGirl said:

When you file for bk you have to get all of your taxes in order and up to date. If you have outstanding taxes owing you have to put it in the schedule to repay, from what my feeble brain can recall.

LTUlegal said:
When you file for bk you have to get all of your taxes in order and up to date. If you have outstanding taxes owing you have to put it in the schedule to repay, from what my feeble brain can recall.
http://www.lawyers.com/lawyers/A~1030964~LDS/UTAH+BANKRUPTCY+LAW.html

Bankruptcy in Utah:

There is no magic formula for deciding when bankruptcy is the right choice. It is an option you might consider if you:
  • Are paying only minimum amounts on your bills
  • Can’t budget yourself out of debt within five years
  • Are getting notices that your mortgage or loans are being foreclosed
  • Have had a severe financial setback, such as losing your job or a major client, a divorce or a costly illness

Bankruptcy does not get rid of all debts. You are still responsible for:
What Can I Keep?

Under Utah bankruptcy laws, you may keep:
  • Homestead, which may be a mobile home and the surrounding land not exceeding one acre, to $20,000
  • Proceeds from sale of homestead to $20,000 for one year after receipt
  • Washer, dryer, refrigerator, freezer, stove, microwave oven, sewing machine, carpets, family provisions for 12 months, clothing, beds and bedding
  • Family portraits and art created by family
  • Burial plot
  • Health aids
  • Disability, illness or unemployment benefits
  • Medical, surgical or hospital care benefits
  • Veterans benefits
  • Child support
  • Personal injury or wrongful death proceeds
  • Qualified retirement plan
  • Alimony or separate maintenance necessary for support
  • Death benefit plan
  • Stock bonus, pension, profit-sharing, annuity or similar plan providing benefits other than by reason of illness or disability
  • Unmatured life insurance to $5,000
  • Sofas, chairs and related furnishings to $500
  • Dining and kitchen tables and chairs to $500
  • Animals, books and musical instruments to $500
  • Heirlooms or other items of particular sentimental value to $500
  • Tools of trade, implements or professional library to $3,500
  • Work vehicle to $2,500
  • Proceeds from the sale or destruction of exempt property
  • 75% of wages

A bankruptcy does not wipe out voluntary liens, like mortgages and deeds of trust, or tax liens. So the lender still has the right to foreclose if you do not pay. If you pay, everyone is happy. Remember, the lender does not want the property; it wants you to pay regularly on the loan. Foreclosure is a last resort for the lender if it concludes it can’t get the owed money any other way.

If you still owe money on the car, you can choose to reaffirm the debt to the secured lender by continuing to make the agreed-upon payments. You can also “redeem” the car by buying it from the secured creditor in a single payment for its present value. If you choose, you can surrender the car and be free of any obligation to pay for it.

***It is extremely important that the Statement of Financial Affairs be completed accurately. Debts that are not listed in the statement will not be discharged at the completion of the bankruptcy proceeding. Failing to list assets in an attempt to hide them from creditors may result in serious consequences, including the denial of discharge or charges of bankruptcy fraud. ***

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back