Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ... other articles have also said the Sheriff's office is NOT investigating Max's death because they were not asked to get involved.

http://law.onecle.com/california/government/27491.html

here is the law for california...

it is ultimately up to the coroner since his death was attended (in the hospital setting)..

as a nurse I was curious what the CA laws were. Will not be surprised at all if there is an autopsy/investigation:twocents:

The first couple days of the story, she was described in media articles as a "party girl" so that's where I got that impression. My earlier comments were directed only at her - not stating if Jonah partied as much as her, or not.

And yes, a 32 year old is certainly old enough and capable of taking care of a child and being a mother figure. I was stating that the MOTHERS of Jonah's children would probably take offense at that. There is a difference between a mother and a father's girlfriend, in my opinion. A girlfriend, or babysitter, can tend to a child's needs when she sees them, but there is a lot more involved to mothering.

And finally, when my son is on his deathbed, my ex-husband's girlfriend is not welcome. That's just how I roll. I assume it was the same for Jonah's ex-wife (hence the reason Rebecca was not at the hospital - the original post I was responding to).

I tend to see this differently and think you are presenting it in stark terms. If another human being had spent a lot of time with my children/child and had some role in their care, of course, I would think they should come visit if they were in the hospital. That's different than having them replace me or being there the entire time my child was on his death bed. She wasn't just a babysitter nor some insignificant person in the father's life and I presume in the child's life.

This was also part of his extended family... with a couple of divorces and children by different marriages, Max's life was probably full of lots of people who don't quite match the typical family unit (albeit divorced). He had two step sisters also, one of which appears to have been staying at the house earlier in the day he fell. Was dad at the house then?

When googling info on Burma, don't forget to include "Myanmar" in search terms.

In 1989 the wretched junta that took military control changed the name.

You'd think there would be security cameras in a mansion like that?

Reports have emerged of a "loud party" at the mansion on Tuesday night, when Max would have been in critical condition at the hospital - apparently with both his parents at his bedside around the clock.

Unless Nalepa was not a guest of the party, this information potentially contradicts a statement made by Rebecca's sister.

Mary Zahau-Loehner spoke to ABC News about her sister Rebecca's state of mind before the grisly discovery, saying that when the sisters spoke on Tuesday night, things with Rebecca did not seem out of the ordinary.

"She was normal, fine, just getting ready to go to bed," Zahau-Loehner said.

A San Diego kennel owner who spoke to Nalepa on Tuesday said the woman was shaken by the recent events at her home.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/182...reckels-mansion-medecis-suicide-homicide-.htm

Given: Tue evening normal phone call (per Rebecca’s sister) and Wed am 911 call (by Adam)

Will be interesting to know about phone calls, if any, between Jonah, Dina, Rebecca and Adam between the above known phone calls.

Also, will be interesting to know what medical update about the boy’s status was given to the parents between the hours of the known phone calls.

@nursebeeme: Hypothetically, if a boy were found not breathing, no pulse, revived, taken to hospital, likely brain dead, typically how would this play out in the hospital and over how many days? TIA

Some different comments here not sure if they are all supported by fact..

http://news.lalate.com/category/adam-shacknai/
Police were quick to state that Max’s injury was unrelated to the death of Nalepa. But at the time of that statement to news, investigators had yet to even determine if she died of a homicide or a suicide.

Nalepa’s family spoke to her hours before her death. On Tuesday before going to bed, Nalepa’s sister phoned her. She said that Rebecca was completely normal. By breakfast, Rebecca was dead, face down, in the outside courtyard’s lawn, unclothed, her feet and arms bounded behind her back.

What happened in just a matter of a few hours?

...Adam (photo above) was staying in the guest home. He was the only person in the residence at the time of Nalepa’s death.

His call reported that Nalepa was hanging from a balcony. But how was that possible? Her wrists were bound behind her; her feet were bound behind as well. In fact, reports claimed there were no indications of a spot that could support a hanging.

... When news of the story broke, local San Diego news choppers flew over the Spreckels mansion. They were able to photograph Nalepa dead outside, as investigators found her. She wasn’t hanging. She was face down, unclothed, in the outside courtyard, still bound. Adam said he had cut her from the hanging. The courtyard, however, is not directly below any balcony.

...Nalepa was found near a table. That outside courtyard table was removed from the residence on Friday pursuant to a search warrant.

I saw pics of a table also in the courtyard... if this is the broken table, then seems she fell on it, not that she stood on it to jump off the balcony.

I'm not sure about the other claims, but interesting.

Given: Tue evening normal phone call (per Rebecca’s sister) and Wed am 911 call (by Adam)

Will be interesting to know about phone calls, if any, between Jonah, Dina, Rebecca and Adam between the above known phone calls.

Also, will be interesting to know what medical update about the boy’s status was given to the parents between the hours of the known phone calls.

@nursebeeme: Hypothetically, if a boy were found not breathing, no pulse, revived, taken to hospital, likely brain dead, typically how would this play out in the hospital and over how many days? TIA

(caveat: yes I am a verified nurse at websleuths ;-)

well, it depends on the extent of the injury. Hypothetically speaking they were obviously able to revive his heart and get him on a ventilator. Sounds to me, hypothetically speaking, that there was no brain activity for those five days and he was most likely extubated (taken off life support)..and most likely head injury prevented him from breathing on his own (which is brain stem.. would support a subdural hematoma or some sort of trauma to the brain hypothetically)

he could also hypothetically have arrested again and was unrevivable.. hard to tell either way but considering it was a fall down the stairs and that he was reportedly found without a pulse and not breathing it supports either head injury or secondary brain injury due to hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in the period of time between when he was unresponsive and cpr started/intubated.
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

eta: the period of time that you asked about: it varies... I am an ICU nurse and I have seen this sort of thing (head injuries) play out over varying lengths if there is no brain activity. Depends on the exact injury, it's extent, and the individual patient's response to treatment

(caveat: yes I am a verified nurse at websleuths ;-)

well, it depends on the extent of the injury. Hypothetically speaking they were obviously able to revive his heart and get him on a ventilator. Sounds to me, hypothetically speaking, that there was no brain activity for those five days and he was most likely extubated (taken off life support)..and most likely head injury prevented him from breathing on his own (which is brain stem.. would support a subdural hematoma or some sort of trauma to the brain hypothetically)

he could also hypothetically have arrested again and was unrevivable.. hard to tell either way but considering it was a fall down the stairs and that he was reportedly found without a pulse and not breathing it supports either head injury or secondary brain injury due to hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in the period of time between when he was unresponsive and cpr started/intubated.
:twocents::twocents::twocents:

eta: the period of time that you asked about: it varies... I am an ICU nurse and I have seen this sort of thing (head injuries) play out over varying lengths if there is no brain activity. Depends on the exact injury, it's extent, and the individual patient's response to treatment

Thank you!!

It was also reported that an MRI was done on the boy on Wed afternoon - two full days after the devastating accident. What might have been the purpose?

I saw pics of a table also in the courtyard... if this is the broken table, then seems she fell on it, not that she stood on it to jump off the balcony.

I'm not sure about the other claims, but interesting.

Could it be possible that the brother pulled the table over to cut her down? The table was placed over a walkway. If you look up above the table there is a "juliet" type balcony. I think that is what it is called. Looks like doors that open to look out at the courtyard but there is railing in front. No place to "step out"..just look out.

She could have been hanging from that railing/balcony and he grabbed the table quick to get her down....

Could it be possible that the brother pulled the table over to cut her down? The table was placed over a walkway. If you look up above the table there is a "juliet" type balcony. I think that is what it is called. Looks like doors that open to look out at the courtyard but there is railing in front. No place to "step out"..just look out.

She could have been hanging from that railing/balcony and he grabbed the table quick to get her down....

Can someone give me a link to the pic being discussed? i haven't seen this pic in the articles I've read. Thank you!

http://www.dndb.info/featured18-1-2.htm

I found this photo on a website that talked about a renovation in the 80's. In the top right corner is a balcony.. I think I saw this balcony in the news coverage and it had the table below it...which made me think that either the brother pulled the table under to cut her down or someone else used it to hang her....

My thoughts. First, I don't see how 2 tragic events in the same week, in the same home are unrelated. The death of R Nalepah seems to be very intimate and shameful as though she was being punished. I wouldn't think this is random, but that it is revenge. Which leads me to think perhaps she played a part in the son's death (the whole staircase is strange, I can't imagine ability to get injured or roll fast on that staircase unless he fell off the bannister or he rolled and his head was between the bannisters causing him to choke.)

That said, why couldn't JS be involved. He could have arranged her death ealier/done something and called his brother to position her/call police, and be back at the hospital. Nothing about her death says suicide IMO.

I know reports say she loved the children as her own, but in my thinking she is much younger and her lifestyle took a huge step forward by being with JS. Any of his kids are heirs to his $$. I say this without really knowing anything about her or her motivations. But I can't help but think his money was quite a motivator for her. Her sister said she sounded happy/normal on the phone the night before she died.

Then the brother. Why is he staying there? Could he be involved in either event? He was supposed to be checking on a barge somewhere I thought. I believe he is at minimal involved in the cover up of RN's death. It doesn't really sound like she was even hanging, simply made to look like that happened. If he wasn't part of the cover up, he would have left her hanging as evidence for the police. Unless he thought her to be alive still and cut the cord.

Others with possible motivations? Her exhusand, any of JS's former wives?

From the Coronado Patch article [thank you Time]:

Ted Greenberg was one of the last people to see Rebecca Nalepa alive.

She had called his kennel, Camp Diggity Dogs, to pick up Ocean, the family’s 14-month-old Weimaraner the afternoon following the Monday accident that left her boyfriend's son with serious injuries.

“She asked us to come get the dog, because she wanted to get to the hospital to see her child,” Greenberg said. “I understand it’s (her boyfriend's) son, but I guess she thought of him as hers.”

“She called about 4:40 pm,” he said. “She told me about the accident and said that her daughter was also injured.”

Nalepa wanted him to take the dog right away, but that proved impossible. “We were really busy,” Greenberg said. “I asked her if she could bring the dog in, but she said she didn’t have time, that she had to get to the hospital.”

The move to the kennel was also delayed because Ocean’s vaccinations weren’t up-to-date. Greenberg couldn't take the dog to the veterinarian for Nalepa until Tuesday

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/local-kennel-owner-saw-spreckels-victim-less-than-24-hours-before-her-death

So she did plan to go to the hospital.

And Max’s half sister [?] was injured as well?

The staircase in the pictures looks safe enough even if one fell from the chandelier it isn’t that high and looks thickly carpeted.
Do we know that is the staircase in question?

Older mansions often have a back staircase used by the staff of the house that may be steeper or not carpeted but that doesn’t fit with chandelier information.

all imo

wow... this is strange isn't it???

“She called about 4:40 pm,” he said. “She told me about the accident and said that her daughter was also injured.”
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...ls-victim-less-than-24-hours-before-her-death

Oh this is ****ing bizarre. Maybe sheds some light. Was she participating in the activity that caused the accident, therefore really putting Rebecca in an even MORE responsible position for the accident in her own mind? So. Strange.

I understand that these people have money, but how do you get the daughter out of the house and on a plane to SC that quickly? And why? Can someone remind me how old she is? I know that Jonah has a 14 year old daughter, so I assume they're talking about her and not Rebecca's daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9