Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't read the thread yet as I just found out about all this !
Best place to get the poop is right here .
She was beautiful
and that poor little boy ..how adorable !!!
Okay ..going to read .

On Saturday, multiple media outlets quoted a Facebook message posted by Max's older sister, indicating that her brother had died.

"RIP Maxie. We'll miss your sweet smile and kind heart more than you'll ever know. I'll love you forever," San Diego's Channel 8 news reported the message read.

http://m.ibtimes.com/jonah-shacknai...ai-spreckels-mansion-dead-brain-d-181791.html

well.... it seems there IS a sister (after some digging around) (((we cannot link to minor's names, social media, etc))

wow... if the daughter wasn't even there why would she say she was injured as well to the kennel owner? maybe to get him there quicker???

it is still downright strange..

the whole kit and kaboodle!

I understand that these people have money, but how do you get the daughter out of the house and on a plane to SC that quickly? And why? Can someone remind me how old she is? I know that Jonah has a 14 year old daughter, so I assume they're talking about her and not Rebecca's daughter.

I'm going on the same assumption - Jonah's 14 year old daughter from 1st wife who was vacationing in Coronado.

Haven't heard of Rebecca having children.

Daily Mail has a lengthy article today, a good catch-up for those just discovering the case (like me), with plenty of pictures and a somewhat regrettable tabloid headline:

Millionaire's six-year-old son dies after mysterious accident
at mansion where his father's lover was found hanging naked

Thanks for the article. I'm still not convinced there was a party, as I've yet to hear a single person from this party come forward, nor is anyone saying there were a bunch of cars in the driveway, etc. I think the brother (who was there) could clear this one up pretty quickly. Not to mention there would be remenants of a party the morning after (or on the day she died - Wednesday). The sister is also saying that she called her on Tuesday night and she was getting ready for bed at midnight. I'll leave that party statement open ended right now.

This is quite telling, and indicates a non-suicide to me: She met what officers described as a 'very violent and very suspicious end' at the mansion.

I'm really not sure why they brought up the 1K shoplifting conviction. I don't see a connection at all.

To see both victims die under very suspicious circumstances bothers me. Yes, Max may have fallen down the stairs, but he could have been pushed as well. I just don't know. And I certainly don't think Rebecca comitted suicide - this gal was murdered IMHO.

MOO

Mel

This story is strange and seems to be getting stranger by the moment.

So many tv show scenarios going through my head now. I don't think I can share any of them because they are figments of my imagination, but so many different scenarios that I can think of.

Usually I try to think of the most obvious/plausible, but there is nothing obvious or plausible about any of it.

Hmmm ... other articles have also said the Sheriff's office is NOT investigating Max's death because they were not asked to get involved.

I get that impression to. La de da, he fell down the stairs, it was an accident. It's a big house, so I don't want to assume he fell down the stairs shown in the picure - but little Max is dead! Why isn't LE investigating this? I remember back to the case of Kathleen Peterson and wonder if he fell down anoher staircase, was pushed down a staircase, was planking, or even possibly surfing down the stairs (as one poster suggested). These are all possible scenarios. Am I suprised that LE is giving up on him so quick? Not really given the town and politics. Public perception in Coronado is so great, I wouldn't be suprised if LE listed both deaths as accidents so they don't lose their precious tourist attraction, or taint the towns pristeen image (and keep that 2 murders in 10 years record intact).

Now had this happened in El Cajon, or Logan Heights - it would be handled completely different. The information would be flowing like an open book (as in David Westerfield). Again, I'm afraid the money, politics, and the town, are keeping us from knowing what's really going on.

MOO

Mel

Reports have emerged of a "loud party" at the mansion on Tuesday night, when Max would have been in critical condition at the hospital - apparently with both his parents at his bedside around the clock.

Unless Nalepa was not a guest of the party, this information potentially contradicts a statement made by Rebecca's sister.

Mary Zahau-Loehner spoke to ABC News about her sister Rebecca's state of mind before the grisly discovery, saying that when the sisters spoke on Tuesday night, things with Rebecca did not seem out of the ordinary.

"She was normal, fine, just getting ready to go to bed," Zahau-Loehner said.

A San Diego kennel owner who spoke to Nalepa on Tuesday said the woman was shaken by the recent events at her home.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/182...reckels-mansion-medecis-suicide-homicide-.htm

What disturbs me as much as that article itself if the "Popular Multimedia" link below it: "Planking is Passe But Owling is Really Trendy Now" with photo of a girl perched on what appears to be a stairwell railing.

@Melanie-any indication of where Jonah's kids lived? As in did they all live mostly full time with him? Or with their respective moms and came to visit Jonah regularly?

I understand that these people have money, but how do you get the daughter out of the house and on a plane to SC that quickly? And why? Can someone remind me how old she is? I know that Jonah has a 14 year old daughter, so I assume they're talking about her and not Rebecca's daughter.

I mistakenly referred to the 14 year old as his step sister earlier, but I'm pretty sure it was the 14 year old that was in the house that day.

Yeah, why would they send her to SC, especially if she were a witness to what had happened (and if she was also injured)?

Another theory might be that they don't want people to know what was going on and with the 14 year old gone, Rebecca was the only other person who knew?

I also find it weird that if they do not suspect foul play in Max's death, why are there no more detailed reports of what statement Rebecca gave a to police and so on. (or maybe someone has found more on this?)

On Saturday, multiple media outlets quoted a Facebook message posted by Max's older sister, indicating that her brother had died.

"RIP Maxie. We'll miss your sweet smile and kind heart more than you'll ever know. I'll love you forever," San Diego's Channel 8 news reported the message read.

http://m.ibtimes.com/jonah-shacknai...ai-spreckels-mansion-dead-brain-d-181791.html

well.... it seems there IS a sister (after some digging around) (((we cannot link to minor's names, social media, etc))

Right - there are two other children aged 13 and 14. G. Shacknai lived in Arizona with her mom, and I assume the other teen did as well. If you dig into FB you can find where she was running for sophomore class vice president in a school in Phoenix, AZ. Not sure if I can say the name of the school here.

Interesting, I finally found out when Rebecca was found.

Adam Shacknai, the brother of homeowner Jonah Shacknai, discovered the victim's body and called 911 around 6:48 a.m. Wednesday and reported that a woman, who was staying at the mansion, was in distress, according to deputies.

So if the sister talked to her at midnight - what on earth happened between midnight and 6:48 AM? That's the million dollar question.

MOO

Mel

Wow! Early reports were that the half sister was at the house Monday morning and gone from the house (she flew back to her home in South Carolina, I think it was) by the time paramedics showed up to treat the boy.

Your post made me think ... if this is true, then either she was wisked out of there really fast or someone delayed calling for help? I guess it's possible she was immediately sent out to someone elses house and then later flew back to SC.

@Melanie-any indication of where Jonah's kids lived? As in did they all live mostly full time with him? Or with their respective moms and came to visit Jonah regularly?

Jonah's 2 teens were from his first marriage, and lived in Phoenix, Az. G. Shaknai goes to school in Phoenix, AZ.

His second wife, Max's mother, Dina, reportedly lives a short distance from the mansion.

Shacknai has two other children from a previous marriage to Kimberly James, a pharmaceuticals sales representative for rival firm Johnson & Johnson.

The couple married in April 1993 in Bel Air, California, before filing for divorce in 1999.

She later told a psychologist that on their honeymoon he asked her if she thought the marriage was a mistake.

Family Court records show the couple reached a joint-custody agreement in 2001 for two children: a 14-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy.

Shacknai later married Dina Romano, the boy's mother, and the couple divorced in 2008.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-Jonah-Shacknais-mansion-son-Max-6-dies.html

I don't have any info as to how often the 2 eldest children visited San Diego.

Thanks,

Mel.

Your post made me think ... if this is true, then either she was wisked out of there really fast or someone delayed calling for help? I guess it's possible she was immediately sent out to someone elses house and then later flew back to SC.

Is there a link somewhere? Every article I've read indicates the only person at home was the girlfriend and the brother? Or are we talking about Max's accident?

I have no idea why the daughter would go to SC, as her base was in Phoenix, AZ. But wealthy people do travel all over - so who knows.

This gets more mysterious by the minute.

Mel

I guess I can't post this link ... it's AZ Central Newspaper, but it's on FB. Some locals are posting on this article:

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...i-coronado-child-dies-from-injuries-0717.html

Comments on this article, not direct quotes, claim that

... Adam Shacknai would not say where his brother Jonah was at the time of the death. (from a San Diego news report)

.. Dina Shacknai was in the home when Max fell down the stairs.

Another theory might be that they don't want people to know what was going on and with the 14 year old gone, Rebecca was the only other person who knew?

This is actually my main theory. Either the 14 year old was passively involved (not assuming wrongdoing) OR was a witness. If she's not being interviewed because she's out of the state or they won't allow it, they're all good unless Rebecca was going to tell what she knew or somehow implicate the girl either as part of the accident or witness to it. I wonder if Rebecca was shut up to protect the girl. JMO I have no idea.

Full LE press conference from Wed July 13. For not wanting to say a lot, they actually ponied up a fair amount of info. Including they had no credible info about a party haven taken place the night before as of the time they had held the presser.

Also at around 13:30, the "Chief" talks about the call to the house for Max's fall. He states a child had fallen "from the stairs" not "down" stairs. As of that presser, they had no indication this was anything other than a tragic accident.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...oCatNo=default&clipId=6051226&redirected=true

I'm sure curious about the timing and circumstances that brought JS's younger brother out from Memphis, if other than the fact his nephew was in the hospital on life support.

snipped:
"AS lives in an apartment in Midtown Memphis. His leasing agent neighbor, Robert Sanders, said he last saw him a few days ago.

"He said that he was going to have to go back out on the tugboat company he works for," said Sanders.

Instead, AS ended up in San Diego in a guest house in his brother's mansion.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15091608/memphian-discovers-body-in-brothers-san-diego-mansion

And now there is a local well-known defense attorney showing up at the mansion, and claiming to not being hired by JS. Unfortunately, there are not many people left standing who could have hired said attorney.

snipped:
Wednesday evening, former District Attorney and current defense attorney Paul Pfingst showed up at the crime scene. Pfingst confirmed to News 8 that he had been hired to represent someone connected with this case, although he would not specify who his client is.

"I'm not Jonah's lawyer. I've never spoke with him. As far as I know he's not a suspect of any type," Pfingst said in a statement.

On Monday morning, emergency crews were called to the home after six-year-old Max Shacknai was injured there, police said. The boy is the son of Jonah Shacknai and his ex-wife Dina and he may have fallen down a flight of stairs.

The boy was found unconscious, without a pulse and not breathing, Coronado Police Chief Lou Scanlon told reporters. Children's Hospital would not confirm the boy's identity, but neighbors said Wednesday that the boy was in a medically-induced coma.

According to the six-year-old boy's grandmother, quoted in The Arizona Republic, Shacknai's girlfriend was at home with the boy when he was injured.

"There is nothing to indicate that those two incidents are connected," Curran said.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...to-speak?clienttype=printable&redirected=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9