Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
youtube video of first media interview, raw footage, with police:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6531dqnAs&feature=related"]‪A Death in Coronado Spreckels Mansion: San Diego Sheriff Homicide Capt. Tim Curran‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

i so agree with this. i have no experience with rich folks or huge houses but i do have experience keeping house and raising kids. i had a 10 room house and a small yard and three kids and it was all i could do to keep it up. there is no possible way a family could live in a place that big and keep it up themselves, even if they wanted to. having kids in and out for the summer, playmates and beach time and who cooked their food? no way they took care of all that alone. some inside might be gained if someone could find the hired help, but they might not even be on paper anywhere. if they existed i would imagine they were gone by the time the emt got there.

Quite possible that the help was only there from Monday thru Friday. Max's accident happened on Saturday morning. I can understand if there was no staff on Saturday morning. However, Mon-Friday there had to be some type of staff there to maintain that property. After all, it's a historical landmark...special property. You maintain property like that.

Yep, I was thinking of the same thing. Of course if it was suicide, I presume she could have turned it off herself before hanging herself. But why play it in the first place, considering police could show up on noise complaint? Of course some people attempt suicide without actually trying to kill themselves. But if someone is going to bind their hands and feet and than hang herself, that ain't a fake attempt. That is someone determined to carry it through.

I doubt she said to herself "okay now I'm ready to hang myself - let me be courteous to the neighbors and turn off the music." Ummm NOT. :rolleyes:

I presume most of us have heard of this so-called game. I am not really sure how it works, nor am I aware of how young a child might be tempted to play it. Does anyone know if this has been known to occur with very young children?

Quite possible that the help was only there from Monday thru Friday. Max's accident happened on Saturday morning. I can understand is there was no staff on Saturday morning. However, Mon-Friday there had to be some type of staff there to maintain that property. After all, it's a historial landmark...special property. You maintain property like that.

Sorry, Maxie's accident happened on Monday morning.

On Monday morning, emergency crews were called to the home after six-year-old Max Shacknai was injured there, police said

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

scroll down.....

Thank you, thank you, lauriej......you can see something hanging down; really about in the middle of the balcony----dark rope on the white stucco...probably about 1-2 feet long........looks like a snake....you would think that the reporters/cameraperson, would have seen it....

I am so sick to my stomach........wish i was better with all the computer stuff, but that's why I love WS...........great members!!

BBM

Exactly what I saw in the video...and it explains the position of that table, for me...he likely stood on it to cut her down, imo. AS is looking less suspicous to me.

is there a pool at the mansion?

A pool does show in a couple of the aerial views,
But, I could never tell if it belonged to them or neighbors behind them.
If there are neighbors behind them.
Also, have not seen a pool being mentioned in any of the descriptions.
IMO

SO, IF you have 'rope' to hang yourself, and a blue scarf-like item around your neck...are they 2 seperate entities? Or are they the same item, cut in 2? And whats with the electrical cord? Much easier to bind ones hands with a scarf or rope of some kind, I'd think...

Thanks...okay so Monday. I think quite possibly there was a housekeeper there but of course they might not want that information to come out..it is a possibility.

I will say that I think the other person that was there - GS - had to know what happened and definitely spoke to her dad about that day's events. I read an article about how she and little Max used to play ball in front of the property. I'm sure they were close and I'm sure she loved him very much. I am sure she's got plenty of information for her dad.

SO, IF you have 'rope' to hang yourself, and a blue scarf-like item around your neck...are they 2 seperate entities? Or are they the same item, cut in 2? And whats with the electrical cord? Much easier to bind ones hands with a scarf or rope of some kind, I'd think...

Electrical extension cords are quite strong -- hard to use I think - even to bind someone's feet and hands. Me, personally, I wouldn't use something like that because it would be too hard to handle -- unless of course the person is so angry that they have unusual strength (if a woman). How to make a know on an extension cord anyway...hard hard material.

Electrical extension cords are quite strong -- hard to use I think - even to bind someone's feet and hands. Me, personally, I wouldn't use something like that because it would be too hard to handle -- unless of course the person is so angry that they have unusual strength (if a woman). How to make a know on an extension cord anyway...hard hard material.

BBM I so agree!

Quite possible that the help was only there from Monday thru Friday. Max's accident happened on Saturday morning. I can understand if there was no staff on Saturday morning. However, Mon-Friday there had to be some type of staff there to maintain that property. After all, it's a historical landmark...special property. You maintain property like that.

Actually, his accident happened on Monday, RN was found on Wednesday, he died the following Sunday. :seeya:

I think it would depend on HOW he fell...head first, on his head, he could have easily broke his neck if he fell on marble flooring. I recall many diving accidents into shallow pools...and I met the victims in rehab.

ETA: but to hit the chandelier? Isn't that OUT a bit? Would he need some propelling action to hit it on the way down?

Since we do not have one clue then all we can do is speculate. For all we know, Rebecca said to him "I will propel you forward and hold you while you reach the ball" and then he slipped out of her hands and down he fell. It could be about 10 different scenarios. He could have been planking or owling with his sister so they could post it on Facebook - lord knows I've seen plenty of pics like that everywhere. How silly by the way -- and how dangerous. Why do people follow what others do? It could even have been an altercation with the "step mom" or the "step sister" - that wouldn't be unusual. So many things it could be unfortunately.

Actually, his accident happened on Monday, RN was found on Wednesday, he died the following Sunday. :seeya:

Hi! Thanks I stand corrected...it did happen on a Monday. There had to have been a housekeeper/nanny on the premises I think. I would say yes more than no... the man is really wealthy, this is a historical landmark property - he's not going to allow this property to deteriorate and look shabby.

FWIW...the ball theory makes absolutely no sense to me.

Looking at the pictures, I can't imagine what kind of ball would land on the chandelier and get stuck there. A baseball? Not buying it.

Also, the theory that he wanted to grab the ball and fell backwards and hit his head on the wall? If anything, I would think he would've fallen right over the railing trying to grab the ball.

It just doesn't add up. Fooling around on the railings makes a lot more sense...perhaps sliding down or whatever. Stuff kids normally do. IF it was an accident.

i really don't understand the planking thing in general. doesn't that seem kind of..well..boring to anyone else? i thought my generation was supposed to have short attention spans. i didn't know making yourself look like a plank could even be considered "fun"

Oh, my....need you guys help...

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Video #4; at 1:20 shows the balcony and it looks like a rope/something hanging down!!!
Doesn't look orange but there are shadows. I can't get the video to stop in the correct spot......so need to techies here to help!!

Here are screen shots from three angles on that video. At first I thought the line was just the shadow on the wall from the downspout on the left, but I don't think it changes the way a shadow would as the angle changes. However, I'm no expert on such things.
shacknaiback2.png

I hope not, or next thing we'll be hearing is that RN accidentally drowned in the pool and somebody staged it to look like a murder.

:banghead: :banghead:

LOL (not really) but that's a great one!!

I was asking because of the boys/neighbors up on their roof looking...wondering if RN ever swam naked.....

Please don't let Jose end up in California representing someone......

Hi! Thanks I stand corrected...it did happen on a Monday. There had to have been a housekeeper/nanny on the premises I think. I would say yes more than no... the man is really wealthy, this is a historical landmark property - he's not going to allow this property to deteriorate and look shabby.

The thing about the housekeeping is we don't know what this families future plans were. HK, if they had worked on the weekend, they may have had Monday off, and would be back on Tuesday for the party. After the accident they may have been told to not come back until later. Also, the mansion may have had many rooms closed off if they're not being used. From what we know, only four people were staying there at the time of Max's accident. We don't what their plans were to return to AZ. JS may have wanted his kids to grow not being waited on hand and foot. I live in a historic house in a neighborhood that is on the Nat'l Historic Registry. Of course, we have no help, but it's not hard to upkeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV