Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this morning on Fox News San Diego that LE has announced that JS is NOT a POI in this case. Anyone have any other info and/or hear that too? Wonder if that means the hospital tapes confirmed his whereabouts?

No mention was made of DS....things that make you go hmmmmm.

Rolling laughter from me. I never expected JS to be considered a POI or suspect to this case. TOO much $$$ involved! :maddening:

I agree, as well from bonepile's picture of where the rope looks like it was cut tells me she was hung higher than if she had stood on the table and hung herself. imo

In Tim Curren's press conference he stated that he would not "comment on what the rope was anchored to inside".....

He used the words "inside" which if this is the case then the rope would be VERY long to go from inside the bedroom, out the french doors............

I think there is an assumption that someone commiting suicide from a balcony would hang it to the metal railing right? Make a noose, climb up on table etc...

But what about if the rope was "anchored" to something INSIDE the bedroom?

In Tim Curren's press conference he stated that he would not "comment on what the rope was anchored to inside".....

He used the words "inside" which if this is the case then the rope would be VERY long to go from inside the bedroom, out the french doors............

I think there is an assumption that someone commiting suicide from a balcony would hang it to the metal railing right? Make a noose, climb up on table etc...

But what about if the rope was "anchored" to something INSIDE the bedroom?

But the French doors were shut. I would think she would have to go over the
balcony which would make the rope ride higher up on french doors. What really matters though... is if the rope is anchored inside the room the French doors wouldn't be able to close MOO

I think she was dead and maybe not hanging. I have looked at the tapes and pics many times and I see what Inobu suggested.

The hanging may not have happened at all. I had to act like I was cutting RN down (had she been hanging)..no way would the scene look like this.

Her body would be closer to the side walk.

The cord would be down close to the body it would trail from the middle of the balcony..not from the garage apt.

If she was hanging close enough to the ground to have caused her knees to bend..AS would not have to use the table to climb on to cut her down.

It certainly is a good way to try to cover strangulation marks.. Saying that a person was hanging and you cut them down..gives reason for AS finger prints to be on her body.

It is a good way to explain away bruises.

I couldnt get to see tonight ..I kept getting this sick feeling about RN's murder..that someone may get away with it.

bbm, exactly what i am thinking too, pferrin. i think the bent knees are going to undo the whole story from AS. i wonder how the table leg got broken. in one of the pics i could see the leg laying on the ground between the house and the table.

I think it has to do with people shortening, changing others' quotes to read as they
prefer it to read.... & thus misquoting another person's comments.

If you do shorten or bold part of a quote, it's best to keep the quotation marks around
it and state that it was "bolded by me" (BBM) or "snipped by me".

If a quote is shortened, by another poster, sometimes the important details are omitted
& it changes what the writer of the original quote is actually saying.

OK! Not sure that made sense! I need another cup of coffee.

it makes perfect sense, peace. i also had the same thoughts of space economy when i first joined but as i continued to read and post i realized that i was often going back from a quoted post to the actual post to see what exactly is being replied to. now i never snip a post i quote just to avoid confusion on down the line.

I look at the silence from LE as "no news is good news". They are being thourough in their investigation and it is not cut and dried, or as obvious as either death may have originally appeared.

Rolling laughter from me. I never expected JS to be considered a POI or suspect to this case. TOO much $$$ involved! :maddening:

I'd like to believe that $$$ is not the governing factor in this. But perhaps I am less of a cynic thann I should be. ;)

I would guess they are sealed because they contain information that only a person involved with the crime would be privy to. Even though they haven't named someone, they could be keeping this close to the vest so as to not compromise their investigation.

You're right Ana, I just hope they don't keep it as close to the vest as the Haleigh Cummings case and it becomes smothered!

Found this:

http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/politics/death-at-skin-care-moguls-estate-1695642.story

Curiously, prominent San Diego defense attorney and former district attorney Paul Pfingst showed up at the mansion twice, once on Tuesday after Nalepa was discovered and again on July 18. During his last visit, Pfingst refused to identify a client but told reporters that he was not representing Jonah Shacknai.

So WHO was his client then ?

Perhaps he was simply curious.

Perhaps he was hired by stockholders to use his experience as a former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney to give them his opinion of the death. If I owned stock in Shacknai's company, I wouldn't want to wait for the police to make details public about these deaths. I would send an experienced attorney to the scene to get the scoop and to give me his learned opinion as to the possible culpability of Mr. Shacknai or his close associates!

Hmmm....I wonder if Pfingst owns stock in Shacknai's company?

It is so hard to even try to get into someone's mind to really understand how they may be processing horrible circumstances they are having to deal with and face at the time. Actually imo, it is impossible. Only Rebecca knew how she really felt inside and whether this is suicide or homicide that will never be known now.

Love unfortunately doesn't save someone who is determined to commit suicide. In fact the love for someone can be a key factor in suicides. Love is the strongest emotion of all imo and it can make rational human beings do very irrational things.

Many suicide victims loved others and were greatly loved by their own families and friends which compounds the tragedy. A lot of people who decide to take their own lives are not unwanted nor throwaways.

Maybe Rebecca felt left out. Maybe she felt others did not understand or care about her pain over the death of Max.

Maybe she was angry/depressed that they dismissed her pain simply because she wasnt the biological mom or official step mom to Max. No matter what happened to Rebecca I think her love for Max was deep and genuine.

Love does not come from the biological blood only that flows through someone's veins ..it comes straight from the heart of the person who loves..no matter who they are.

So I still do think it is a possibility that she did commit suicide although I am keeping both possibilities open.

IMO

bbm that is exactly where i am, ocean. i think it is possible that she committed suicide, under the circumstances especially if she felt like the accident was her fault since she was supposed to be watching Max. one thing that i keep coming back to is that Max wasn't gone yet. now, i know that they may have already been told he was brain dead, but imo medical miracles happen every day and those folks are all in the medical profession so i can see them holding out hope for Max until the very last minute. i know i would if it was my child.

balcony which would make the rope ride higher up on french doors. What really matters though... is if the rope is anchored inside the room the French doors wouldn't be able to close MOO

Just did a test on my french doors...I was able to close it over both a rope AND an orange electric cord. So if it was anchored inside the bedroom it could have been run under the door. Then the door closed after she was put over the railing....as the person was entering back into the room. They would have closed the doors then...

if AS was not involved....then the person who did this took quite a chance in waking him up....

And if she were placed OVER the balcony to hang..then that is A LOT of weight for someone to lift....

Perhaps he was simply curious.

Perhaps he was hired by stockholders to use his experience as a former prosecutor and criminal defense attorney to give them his opinion of the death. If I owned stock in Shacknai's company, I wouldn't want to wait for the police to make details public about these deaths. I would send an experienced attorney to the scene to get the scoop and to give me his learned opinion as to the possible culpability of Mr. Shacknai or his close associates!

Hmmm....I wonder if Pfingst owns stock in Shacknai's company?

Speculating: Or a friend? (I am sure they run in the same social circles) There to console and offer advice from a friend with also a legal POV. He was once a prosecutor...so maybe he was wearing his prosecutor hat? I dunno...my mind goes every which way with this case.

I'm confused about the attorney showing up at the scene as well. I work for a criminal defense firm (have since the end of March), and so far, I've never seen any of the attorneys go to the scene at the time it's being processed. Jail visits, yes. Visiting the scene later with private investigators, yes. However, when contacted by clients, they tend to give advice via phone and have the client come in to the office (or go over to the jail to meet with them).

Perhaps things are different with different firms, but I've never seen an attorney go out to the scene of the crime while the investigation is ongoing.

hi AnaTeresa! i have no experience at all with lawyers or how they deal with clients. i wonder if you can answer this: if the lawyer was already on retainer with a client and something like this happened, then might they go to the scene right away (if called) in order to protect their clients interest from the very first minute?

OK what about this scenario, what if this was done by two people with one helping after the death. They need to make it look like a suicide so they take RN outside down below the balcony, feed the rope through the from the inside of the house then bring the table over to hoist RN higher then tie the rope to something inside the bedroom. This would account for the odd placement of the table below the balcony. Of course this is just a what if scenario.

and as I mentioned earlier this morning how could you do all this at night? It was pitch black out in that yard with just a 1/4 moon visible in a clear sky, and unless there was light from the area of the balcony and she was poised in that doorway or if she were on the table with illumination from outside security lights how the H could you see what you were tying, or arranging or measuring, or doing?

Suicide just does not work for me after mulling this over some more.

bbm of course we don't know how it was early that am, but remember the balcony doors were closed by the time we got any pics. that doesn't mean they were closed when she was found or when the officials arrived. if we knew for sure the condition of the balcony doors when she was found i think it would be very revealing. jmo

OK what about this scenario, what if this was done by two people with one helping after the death. They need to make it look like a suicide so they take RN outside down below the balcony, feed the rope through the from the inside of the house then bring the table over to hoist RN higher then tie the rope to something inside the bedroom. This would account for the odd placement of the table below the balcony. Of course this is just a what if scenario.

If someone wanted to make this look like a suicide then why didn't they untie her hands and her feet? That is what is confusing to me if they wanted to "stage" this to be a suicide versus leave it like this as if to prove a point..

I was wondering the same thing. Remember that talk about how it might all come down to the "knots" etc?

If the cord is tied around her neck..so much so that it is tied snug against her hair (or her hair in tangled into the rope) then there is a chance she did not do that herself. However if it is more of a noose, that is pulled tight...then that would be more like hanging in a suicide.

if anything was tied over her hair, imo, she did not do it herself. long haired girls (or guys) weigh in, if she put it on her own neck, imo, by instinct without any thought process at all she would have pulled her hair out. its what we do, call it habit or whatever. we don't even think about it.

if AS was not involved....then the person who did this took quite a chance in waking him up....

I wonder what woke AS up that morning?

The exact time of his 911 call has been reported as to have been made:
6:30 am other reports stated 6:45am and others 6.48am.

Either way that is quite early in the morning and thinking of that Adam was in CA at the house because of his brothers son's accident, he was not supose to go to work etc so why was he up THAT early ?

Was it noise connected to Rebeccas death?
Was Adam woke up from his sleep? or had he, for some reason, not been to bed that night at all, and if so why?

right and in the pics were we see what looks like a length of rope hanging from the balcony, it is not over the balcony rail, but coming from the floor of the balcony or under the rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES