Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have so many issues with the suicide theory. Too public. She knows AS is there--why kill yourself in such a public forum (if indeed the guest house is across from the main house bedrooms. The whole throw yourself over the balcony and length of cord conundrum...calculating the length of rope/cord from wherever it was attached etc. If I believed it was a suicide (and I do not), I would imagine that she stood on the table, kicked it away and strangled. But, again...she would have had to have a)traipsed naked through the house to the outside, secured the noose around her neck and then tied herself up outside on top of the table and hopped off, hopefully kicking the table away with her tied together feet or b) come out side clothed and shed her clothing there, climbed up on the table and continued as in (a).

I just don't buy it. And the long hair theory is spot on. It would not be loose to do all of the tying and binding by ones self. No way.

So we now know that Rebecca walked with a pronounced limp. This could be due to a foot, leg or hip injury. If she had a hip injury or lifelong problem, that further cuts down the ability to step through the rope binding her hands, or to somehow hang herself from the ground, with her hands tied and behind her back.

The placement of the cord/rope on the balcony, below the railing and the injury/? to her leg/hip, make a stronger argument in favor of murder.

Did LE ask AS if he heard the loud music, or ask what his response to it was? If he wasn't there at the time, does he have an alibi?

Again, I am not saying that it is even a theory, but I would find that Mr. Lawyer, may have been there to represent GS, DS or Rebecca herself.

AS had been a sea captain, now he is a tug boat operator. If you work on the sea you are up at the crack, or before the crack, of dawn.

But again: How did he help JS? :waitasec:

also, he came from memphis, which is central time zone, so it was after 8 am, so not very early for a tug boat operator at all!

IMO, then his internal clock should have woken him up earlier that 6:30ish...in my experience, people at sea are used to getting up at the crack of dawn, even earlier. So I don't understand why his internal clock would wake up 8:45 DST ....of course I don't know what all he told LE, so there is missing bits and pieces to this fascinating puzzle.

He may have been up earlier but did not come outside and see her until 6:30ish. He may have taken a shower and made some coffee and checked his phone messages before stepping out the door.

If someone wanted to make this look like a suicide then why didn't they untie her hands and her feet? That is what is confusing to me if they wanted to "stage" this to be a suicide versus leave it like this as if to prove a point..

It's one messy suicide, eh? ;) Well, the argument is Rebecca set it up to look like a murder because she was angry, maybe at Jonah blaming her, or for Jonah possibly breaking up w/her...or, another I've heard and don't personally buy, she hated her self so much it was a kind of self torture....we have no proof of that, to be clear, just ideas some have...

Actually, we what we do have JS is going to the funeral, rumors/releases? saying he was planning to propose, and calling Maxies death an accident, indicating no blame, in public, directed toward Rebecca, and her Sister saying all seemed okay...or words to that effect, the night of Rebeccas death.

So...to me, IMO, it looks like a vengeful, rageful, possibly accidental killing ( don't jump on me on the 'accidental' part....I mean JS may have not entered the house with the intent to kill...but that intent might have been felt somewhere along the night), after some possible torture went too far, possibly followed by a sloppy clean-up...WARNING: <<ALL my opinion...has been known to change. ;)

I have been busy but the time I have had, I've spent reading ya'll's posts...trying to keep up...great work, all. :)

I am still in a holding pattern on this case.

Not convinced it is a homicide. Don't believe anyone would stage a fake suicide to look more like a complex murder.

Not convinced it is a suicide either.

So it is either a suicide or it is a homicide and no one tried to fake anything. If it is a homicide..........it was made to look just like it looks. A homicide.

If it is a suicide it backs up what the experts have said that people do bind their feet and wrists before hanging themselves and can do the suicide act in creative ways.

IMO

AS might have been there for moral support. So, do we know when he left? Did he stay for Max's funeral?

I know this was asked before. I thought Maxie's service was in AZ. I don't know when he left, thought it was sunday/monday or after the announcement of Maxie's passing.....since he came to CA to offer brotherly support and love, I would hope he would stay for JS.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...-death-investigation-20110719,0,3614348.story 7/19/11

Shacknai leaves Coronado amid suspicious death investigation

so i would see AS leaving around the same time. Not sure where he was staying after finding RN.

OK .. I stand corrected, but my mis-interpretation allows me to state those weather and amount of light conditions again just in case all did not see it yet or have the chance to think about what it all means. Am still looking for the relative humidity for that overnight time period which will help with the determination of when Rigor Mortis began setting in, but I am working on those stats too. :)

http://www.wunderground.com/ will give you all of the weather related info for that day.

..use the "History & Almanac" feature (mid way down on the left side..) choose a date--------and it will give you a TON of hourly info for the 24hr. period in your chosen location.

http://www.wunderground.com/ will give you all of the weather related info for that day.

..use the "History & Almanac" feature (mid way down on the left side..) choose a date--------and it will give you a TON of hourly info for the 24hr. period in your chosen location.

THANKS so much for this. Now I can fully research that overnight period.
Much appreciated. :)

It's one messy suicide, eh? ;) Well, the argument is Rebecca set it up to look like a murder because she was angry, maybe at Jonah blaming her, or for Jonah possibly breaking up w/her...or, another I've heard and don't personally buy, she hated her self so much it was a kind of self torture....we have no proof of that, to be clear, just ideas some have...

Actually, we what we do have JS is going to the funeral, rumors/releases? saying he was planning to propose, and calling Maxies death an accident, indicating no blame, in public, directed toward Rebecca, and her Sister saying all seemed okay...or words to that effect, the night of Rebeccas death.

So...to me, IMO, it looks like a vengeful, rageful, possibly accidental killing ( don't jump on me on the 'accidental' part....I mean JS may have not entered the house with the intent to kill...but that intent might have been felt somewhere along the night), after some possible torture went too far, possibly followed by a sloppy clean-up...WARNING: <<ALL my opinion...has been known to change. ;)

I have been busy but the time I have had, I've spent reading ya'll's posts...trying to keep up...great work, all. :)

BBM - exactly what one would expect from a Narcissist. He always looks like the good guy, and it would make him look bad if he 1. didn't show up to her funeral 2. if he was with someone who let his child die while babysitting, so of course in public it was an accident (which it probably was). 3. he was 'going to' propose, please he had 2 years to do that. Who said there was a big party planned for Tuesday night? JS's pr people to make the pubic think it was to be an engagement affair. Were there invitations sent out, a band and caterer hired? If not, than I don't believe there was a party planned for that night.

About the messy homicide staged to look like a suicide, I think it might be as simple as it is what it is, no one staged anything, what went down is what went down and whoever did it took off afterwards because they had more pressing matters to attend do.

Think about KC Anthony and the total mess of the Caylee murder yet KC was at Blockbuster hours after killing her, KC had things to do.

Even if JS committed this crime they way some of us think it went down, what jury would convict him anyway? Temporary insanity, his son on life support and brain dead, the girlfriend wasn't watching him, his son died and I am sorry ladies and gentlemen of the jury but my client lost it.....we know where that will go.

Again totally my .2 and I could be waay off base but there is just no way someone could commit suicide in the dark with all that hair in her face or quickly take that hair band out right as she jumped or however she got around with her bound feet.

I am new to Web-sleuthing (but a die hard newshound), does it usually take this long for any information to come out? It seems there are always leaks of some sort along the way.

BBM - exactly what one would expect from a Narcissist. He always looks like the good guy, and it would make him look bad if he 1. didn't show up to her funeral 2. if he was with someone who let his child die while babysitting, so of course in public it was an accident (which it probably was). 3. he was 'going to' propose, please he had 2 years to do that. Who said there was a big party planned for Tuesday night? JS's pr people to make the pubic think it was to be an engagement affair. Were there invitations sent out, a band and caterer hired? If not, than I don't believe there was a party planned for that night.

About the messy homicide staged to look like a suicide, I think it might be as simple as it is what it is, no one staged anything, what went down is what went down and whoever did it took off afterwards because they had more pressing matters to attend do.Think about KC Anthony and the total mess of the Caylee murder yet KC was at Blockbuster hours after killing her, KC had things to do.

Even if JS committed this crime they way some of us think it went down, what jury would convict him anyway? Temporary insanity, his son on life support and brain dead, the girlfriend wasn't watching him, his son died and I am sorry ladies and gentlemen of the jury but my client lost it.....we know where that will go.

Again totally my .2 and I could be waay off base but there is just no way someone could commit suicide in the dark with all that hair in her face or quickly take that hair band out right as she jumped or however she got around with her bound feet.

I am new to Web-sleuthing (but a die hard newshound), does it usually take this long for any information to come out? It seems there are always leaks of some sort along the way.

Bolded by me...

I completely agree with the bolded part...

As for the paragraph ending in: "we know where that will go...", I respectfully disagree. Firstly, if we contend he's a narssicist, would such a person allow their defense to be 'insanity', temperary or not? I think the Casey fiasco proves, no...;) IMO, she'd never have allowed that defense, either...she had to blame her situation on George. Secondly, we don't know what will follow that opening statement....what other evidence the state might have...

I gotta go, as intriguing as all these posts are to read...my family is pulling at the laptop....;)

Bolded by me...

As for the paragraph ending in: "we know where that will go...", I respectfully disagree. Firstly, if we contend he's a narssicist, would such a person allow their defense to be 'insanity', temperary or not? I think the Casey fiasco proves, no...;) IMO, she'd never have allowed that defense, either...she had to blame her situation on George. Secondly, we don't know what will follow that opening statement....what other evidence the state might have...

I gotta go, as intriguing as all these posts are to read...my family is pulling at the laptop....;)

True, true, JS can't let his employees, Board Chairs, family, public, etc., think he can fly into rages like that, so he will have to blame someone else i.e the George did 'something' excuse...and JS had nothing to do with it ala KC. Man o' man...this is an interesting case, so so sad for Maxie and RN tho.

I agree with you Matty..it is what it is. Narcissitic personalities can be so creative in the punishments they choose to exact on others. I dont think he will go for insanity duhfense because his ego is too large.IMO

It really is not unusual for police to take their time on a case like this. Tox reports can take months. From what understand the police have put a rush on this one.

Bolded by me...

AGREED Matty and Paladine. I too think as well, Paladine, that should JS be charged with RN's death - that with him being a lawyer -- he would think he could outsmart the jurors (yikes!) and not go for the temp insanity plea. While I too am somewhat on the fence -- with it leaning way towards murder than suicide -- IMO -- JS viciously blamed RN and pushed her to suicide if that in fact becomes fact instead of homicide. He made it happen either way IMO. But what do I know -- there's nothing simple about these cases.

I have not checked in on this thread for a few days. But I notice now that people seem to believe it WAS JS who staged the suicide. When I was here last it seemed to be leaning towards the brother OR Dina. What happened to put the suspicion all on JS now?

Ws there any more info on when he was at the hospital and when he was home?

I agree with you Matty..it is what it is. Narcissitic personalities can be so creative in the punishments they choose to exact on others. I dont think he will go for insanity duhfense because his ego is too large.IMO

It really is not unusual for police to take their time on a case like this. Tox reports can take months. From what understand the police have put a rush on this one.

In many ways, frustrating that it is considering the big PR machine that's revving away, better to let LE do its job and be tight lipped to preserve the cases' integrities. I am certain there are many if not all of those 15 detectives working the case that are wanting every bit as much justice to be done as this wonderful forum.

Tox tests usually take around 8 weeks for all of them to come back. Some will start coming back in sooner.

If they put a rush on it then it may happen in 5-6 weeks but with so many personnel cutbacks in the labs due to the sagging economy it may take the full 8 weeks.

So everyone is thinking the murderer is Jonah and no longer think Dina did it?

IMO

So, who would he be most likely to try and place blame on? His brother? Ex wife? Daughter? Rebecca herself?

I say he would never (even if there was any tiny shread of proof), blame his daughter. That leaves three other people. Disturbing theory for sure!

I have not checked in on this thread for a few days. But I notice now that people seem to believe it WAS JS who staged the suicide. When I was here last it seemed to be leaning towards the brother OR Dina. What happened to put the suspicion all on JS now?

Ws there any more info on when he was at the hospital and when he was home?

BBM

I just asked the same thing katydid and I was on the thread today. LOL!

In many ways, frustrating that it is considering the big PR machine that's revving away, better to let LE do its job and be tight lipped to preserve the cases' integrities. I am certain there are many if not all of those 15 detectives working the case that are wanting every bit as much justice to be done as this wonderful forum.

Has the PR team been talking to the media recently?

If DS had done it she would have been taking a huge risk with AS at the guest house. Also JS could have come home at any moment. Leaning more towards AS JS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9