Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, not sure if any of this has anything to do with Rebeccas death but it seems things were alot 'hotter' a couple years back in the competition for business, dated May, 2009...read this...

In terms of straight business profit would agree, but from what I understand the hot seat right now is pending legislation that threatens to take away billions of BP money by restricting promotion of off-label drug use. Wish I had time to diagram all Shacknai's Red Slipper companies, their competitors, what legislation he had a hand in in the past, what drugs he promotes past and present, and all the various lawsuits that were settled out of court. My sympathies to LE that they have to sift through all that. No small feat.

I admit, I am not good with money and taxes...other than spending and paying. ;) But this is interesting to me...considering the timing of divorces and such, I wonder if this 'amendment' might be close in time to any divorce settlement and would it then cause the numbers to appear differently when assessing child support or spousal? It may not have affected the co's bottom line but did it affect support/settlement, or was it done, to hide money? I don't get it...anyone else?

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...-increase-in-companys-deferred-tax-assets/246

I'm no tax expert, but note that top Medicis sales exec pled guilty to "promoting an off-label use of Loprox, a skin infection treatment. They had promoted it for diaper rash even though it was not approved for children." This is JS top sales exec... JS who has put his rep as loving and devoted father to his children...promoting and selling a drug for use on children that's NOT approved for children. Definite contradictations in character there.

I'm no tax expert, but note that top Medicis sales exec pled guilty to "promoting an off-label use of Loprox, a skin infection treatment. They had promoted it for diaper rash even though it was not approved for children." This is JS top sales exec... JS who has put his rep as loving and devoted father to his children...promoting and selling a drug for use on children that's NOT approved for children. Definite contradictations in character there.

What?? You say there is hypocrisy in top company executives within the drug industry-I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. (And there may be gambling at Rick's Cafe, also)

Well you guys have been busy!! All this stock, takeover, law suits and big pharma postings makes me miss watching CNBC all day!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks for all the hillarious posts concerning Ocean and I.

I did see some :saber: :great::great: (at the slot machines)

And yes, I came home with $100 more than I took :cheer::cheer:

Welcome, to all the new sleuthers and the great post!!

I hope we hear something this week.

score

What?? You say there is hypocrisy in top company executives within the drug industry-I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. (And there may be gambling at Rick's Cafe, also)

:noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo::noooo:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

According to my transcript of Curran's presser from 15 Jul, AS never said the victim appeared deceased. Not ruling out that he could have said that (wasn't there a 2nd presser???), but LE presser never said AS worded it that way (note that LE only says what AS's statement was when they responded on the scene):

"The reporting party, later identified as AS, told the responding officers he found Nalepa with a rope around her neck and hanging from a balcony off the main house."

"When the Coronado units arrived on the scene, they ah located a female on the property, who appeared to be deceased, the victim's hands and feet were bound, and she was completely nude."

"Responding officers provided medical aid until the Coronado Fire Dept arrived, on the scene a few minutes later and determined the victim to be deceased."

SOURCE: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ion_Death__Raw_Video_San_Diego-125593603.html

From what I have read here, the following scenarios may apply:
1) angry neighbor upset about the approved architectural restoration to be done on the mansion
2) JS or ex-wife taking revenge for their son's tragic accident on JN's watch
3) Jealous ex-husband
4) Pay back by Medicis to force JS out
5) Strategic strike by takeover corporation
6) Stranger/intruder

7) Jealous other JS lover, past or present
8) Driven-to-insanity AS
9) Driven-to-insanity DS boyfriend acting on orders from jealous and grief-stricken DS
10) Loan shark hit on RZ
11) Hit squad from Burma
12) Strategic strike by right-wing, anti-semitic Big Pharma goon squad
13) Payback by Arnold Klein to settle old grudge
14) Cartel hit who got the wrong house during SD 41-dealer drug sweep
15) Jealous other RZ lover, past or present
16) AS or AS and JS, to cover up GS role in Max death, which RZ knew.

More on that contract provision regarding JS parenting provisions from a top ten business blog per CNN, Business week, and the Financial Times...food for thought...might be a repost, my apologies, if so...

“It is expressly understood and agreed that the Executive may not be available for corporate matters during such times that he is providing care for his children.”

The contract provision goes on to say that “participation … in philanthropic, community education and/or charitable activities during the normal business week” will also be considered “in furtherance of the Executive’s duties of his employment…”

Our first thought was that this showed unusual, and unusually compassionate, flexibility in the face of what is presumably an extremely difficult time for Shacknai; none of the flexible working conditions were mentioned in an 8-K summarizing the agreement filed on June 30.

But in fact the agreement appears to have preceded both incidents at Shacknai’s house: It’s dated June 24, suggesting that the company was comfortable with this extreme form of executive flextime even in the ordinary course of business.

And it turns out that some of the flextime provisions have been in his contract for a while, in one form or another. For example, while his original contract (filed with the Medicis 10-K in August 1996), contemplated that he would “devote substantially all of his time, energy and skill during regular business hours to the performance of the duties of his employment,” an amendment on April 1, 1999 (filed with a 10-Q on May 15, 2001), specified that only 2-1/2 days of the workweek would have to be in the office. The amendment continues:

“The Executive shall be available to meet with Company personnel, attend telephonic meetings and participate in other corporate matters, as appropriate, from his home during the remaining periods of the normal business week, provided that the Executive’s children are not in his care at such time. It is expressly understood and agreed that the Executive shall not be available for corporate matters when his children are in his care. The Executive has elected to apply his vacation time to facilitation of this amended schedule.”

The takeover:
Under Shacknai’s contract, that could trigger a sizable payout if he’s eased out after a sale: 3x salary and bonus, lifetime health benefits, $225,000 over three years for administrative support and services, and more.

Plus, on the same day that Shacknai signed his new contract, the company established a new executive pension program, effective retroactively back to June 1. It’s not yet clear exactly how big Shacknai’s pension will be under the plan, but he’s eligible for an annual payout of up to 50% of his average earnings each year for 20 years, and the 10-Q shows the company has already accrued a $33.8-million liability for an unspecified number of participants in the plan.
http://www.footnoted.com/perk-city/...tnotedorg+(footnoted.com)&utm_content=Twitter

Gotta say...SO glad I'm not a stockholder in this company...I'd be...not so happy. ;)

=CalElliot;7030671

In terms of straight business profit would agree, but from what I understand the hot seat right now is pending legislation that threatens to take away billions of BP money by restricting promotion of off-label drug use. Wish I had time to diagram all Shacknai's Red Slipper companies, their competitors, what legislation he had a hand in in the past, what drugs he promotes past and present, and all the various lawsuits that were settled out of court. My sympathies to LE that they have to sift through all that. No small feat.
Thanks for your thoughts...and getting workin' on that diagram, will ya?! ;)

ETA: quoted post messed up...you get my drift, I'm sure...:)

... snipped ...

ETA: And as you stated, it could be a meeting focused on a possible merger or acquisition.

I need to amend the above.

Information about possible M&A activity is highly guarded because of the potential effect on share price and regulations about insider trading.

In an IB firm an M&A transaction is given a fake name, with all files/documents pertaining to the active transaction bearing only the fake name. Only those few bankers in the IB firm who are involved or that need to know about the transaction are let in on the real names of the companies. In this vein, meeting dates are also highly guarded info.

It is for the above reasons that I highly doubt (although I could be wrong) that this upcoming meeting which is openly posted on the internet is about M&A activity.

MOO

Good evening, Websleuths, trying to catch-up, however, more of a drive-by tonight.
gi63.gif

I'm going to be blunt here sorry but what a load of bs concerning all this stock stuff, pleeeaasee! where is jjenny when we need her.

disgusted with this "case." Anyone else, with less wealth and power (and believe me, I don't fault him for that,) however, their butts would have been kicked from the sandy beaches of San Diego. Give me a break!

According to my transcript of Curran's presser from 15 Jul, AS never said the victim appeared deceased. Not ruling out that he could have said that (wasn't there a 2nd presser???), but LE presser never said AS worded it that way (note that LE only says what AS's statement was when they responded on the scene):

"The reporting party, later identified as AS, told the responding officers he found Nalepa with a rope around her neck and hanging from a balcony off the main house."

"When the Coronado units arrived on the scene, they ah located a female on the property, who appeared to be deceased, the victim's hands and feet were bound, and she was completely nude."

"Responding officers provided medical aid until the Coronado Fire Dept arrived, on the scene a few minutes later and determined the victim to be deceased."

SOURCE: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...ion_Death__Raw_Video_San_Diego-125593603.html

Captain Curran says in the press conference that the 911 call from AS said that there was a woman on the property who appeared to be dead.

I have eight sisters and when I see those black and white photos of her and her sisters it reminds me of the pictures I have and how devastating it would be for us to see this happen to one of us. I look at the memorial video and I see myself and my sisters there and I get angry beyond words that something like that could happen to one of us and we would have to put out a statement like her sister did. It just hurts my heart. I just don't believe it was something as little as stock prices, this was personal imo and I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I'm going to be blunt here sorry but what a load of bs concerning all this stock stuff, pleeeaasee! where is jjenny when we need her.

Oh dear. Silly me. Goodbye.

No CalElliot that's not what I meant, I apologize, I didn't mean to diminish what the discussion was about.:truce:

I have eight sisters and when I see those black and white photos of her and her sisters it reminds me of the pictures I have and how devastating it would be for us to see this happen to one of us. I look at the memorial video and I see myself and my sisters there and I get angry beyond words that something like that could happen to one of us and we would have to put out a statement like her sister did. It just hurts my heart. I just don't believe it was something as little as stock prices, this was personal imo and I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I believe all of us here at WS try very hard to look at all angles of a case and those that may be involved. I am considered 'middle class' but the running of companies and the stock market interest me. Sometimes, strange things happen; the outcome of this case may surprise us all....LE has sealed every da*n document, could it be because the results are as 'bizarre'? We have been sleuthing this case for a month now (with no news) so we have to look at all aspects/individuals.

Just saying, anything or any reason is possible........

:toast::grouphug:

:offtobed:

I believe all of us here at WS try very hard to look at all angles of a case and those that may be involved. I am considered 'middle class' but the running of companies and the stock market interest me. Sometimes, strange things happen; the outcome of this case may surprise us all....LE has sealed every da*n document, could it be because the results are as 'bizarre'? We have been sleuthing this case for a month now (with no news) so we have to look at all aspects/individuals.

Just saying, anything or any reason is possible........

:toast::grouphug:

:offtobed:
I agree we should look at all angles of the case, but to me looking into conspiracies of big pharma or stock is detracting from what actually happened here imo

I agree we should look at all angles of the case, but to me looking into conspiracies of big pharma or stock is detracting from what actually what happened here imo

Meh, it could be a side factor, stress contributor, part of motive, secrets to keep, the dog ate the contract, blah blah blah:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19