Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, tested to see how this determination will fly?

Bingo .. that is my guess. Either LE is testing this or the PR machine is distributing misleading information.

It looks to me like the message is garbled and if there is truth to it, it should have said this.... "We suspect this was a murder but since we cannot figure out who to charge, we are going to say it still could be a suicide."

8/20 Coronado Mansion Mystery a Suicide: Source

... detectives are reasonably confident that [RN]'s death was a suicide.

... [RN] felt tremendous guilt over [MS]'s injury because it happened while she was watching the boy.

... sources said [RN] slept in the nude.

http://rss.msnbc.msn.com/id/44214448/ns/local_news-san_diego_ca/#.TlAbel3cyi8

I guess we all suspected where this was going. And I fail to see how "she slept in the nude" proves this was suicide. If somebody attacked her as she was sleeping, she'd still be in the nude.

All quotes from the print part of the article:

* According to sources , investigators don't have any solid evidence that someone killed Rebecca Zahau

Like I said, since they can't prove murder they will call it a suicide

* Sources, who have knowledge of the investigation told NBC SanDiego that detectives are reasonably confident that Zahau's death was a suicide.

Confident, why? Because of the next statement of guilt? I hope they got some confirmation of this outside of the 'witnesses'.

* Sources said Zahau felt tremendous guilt over Max's injury because it happened while she was watching the boy

* Sources said Zahau slept in the nude.

I don't think this has anything to do with committing naked suicide. Almost everyone I know sleeps nude.

I guess we all suspected where this was going. And I fail to see how "she slept in the nude" proves this was suicide. If somebody attacked her as she was sleeping, she'd still be in the nude.

Been in the back of my mind for awhile....more comfy sans nightwear...but what if the house is on fire, someone comes in to get me and I have to defend myself (I am prepared) and then LE comes and I am still sans...? I try to keep the nighty on but invariably in the night it gets thrown off.

Been in the back of my mind for awhile....more comfy sans nightwear...but what if the house is on fire, someone comes in to get me and I have to defend myself (I am prepared) and then LE comes and I am still sans...? I try to keep the nighty on but invariably in the night it gets thrown off.

And unless LE is going to claim she killed herself while sleepwalking, "sleep in the nude" doesn't prove suicide at all. If somebody is going to go through all this trouble to bind their hands and feet (and why feet) they are presumably going to find time to put on some clothes.

Funny isn't it, LE releases no information, there are no leaks all this time we have been waiting and all of a sudden there are sources who have knowledge of the investigation? I'm having to wonder who these sources are, and I think everyone know where I'm going with that one!

Can somebody let me know whats on the video, I can't get the nbc ones here. Thanks!

You're not missing anything. The video is an almost verbatim recap of what's in the article with photos and video clips that we all have seen before.

Funny isn't it, LE releases no information, there are no leaks all this time we have been waiting and all of a sudden there are sources who have knowledge of the investigation? I'm having to wonder who these sources are, and I think everyone know where I'm going with that one!

I agree, who are these NAMELESS sources. BTW, TS won an emmy in 2004 for investigative reporting. On his twitter page now where he's getting congrats for the article.

IS this okay? If not, please delete !!

Will be an interesting briefing...............

How to explain the scarf, if it is a scarf, if LE decides Rebecca killed herself?

Things that make you go hmm...

((Cleo612, you raised some good points in your post above - thanks. I'll be thinking about them. I am sorry for your loss, and appreciate you sharing your hard-won wisdom here.))

True. They did not say they did not want him there, as far as I've seen. But other than that, I see no positive sign from the family, either...like a thank you to him for attending, or a pic of him or Max with Rebecca in the memorial tribute, unless I missed it...

Her sister was out in the beginning, saying it wasn't a suicide...and, imo, coming out in public and making such an assertion, is a form of 'demanding justice', otherwise, why do so?

Now, I hope they are being kept abreast of developments...to some degree...

BBM
I can understand her sister saying that. Imo, no family wants to believe their loved one actually took their own life.

Didn't Rebecca's family go back and update her obit site and left condolences for the Shacknai family?

IMO

Welcome back from your anniversary get away. Paladine,scorekeeper and I tried to sleuth out your resort. Paladine wisely pointed out sleuthing members might be frowned on by moderators. :great: Missed your posts Ocean. :skip:

Are you sure RN family,media & LE are not on short leash by the PR machine. I think a brief note or verbal nod from them would be sufficient to keep all three from lashing out their frustration.MOO

BBM

:floorlaugh: Dang and I wasnt hard to find either. lol We had a marvelous time.:woohoo:

I sure missed all of you too and was so hoping there would be new information when I returned.

I don't know Miz. I admit I don't quite understand how a PR team could quench the thirst of the media.

Now LE could have asked the family not to speak out I suppose.

IMO

JS was preparing to propose to JS. There speculation about who had motive and inevitably two people remain consistent possibilities. JS is the fiancé of RN and also has more money than Midas. Therefore, I wonder if he offered to foot the funeral expenses of RN. Regardless, I believe that would have been duly noted by the press and it wasn't. Therefore, I can only assume the family of RN assumed the expenses of her death/memorial expenses. This is just another nail in JS's coffin IMO.

I don't think Jonah or Rebecca's family would divulge who paid for the funeral services so the media would have no way of knowing.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Jonah did pay for it. I am not sure how well off Rebecca's family is and funerals are very expensive as we all know.

The article does not depict or represent the true course of the investigation.

It appeared to be a homicide from the start of the investigation, but detectives maintained suicide was an option.

LE did opposite. Their initial stance was suicide primary and homicide secondary which triggered criticism from the public.

Sources said Zahau felt tremendous guilt over Max's injury because it happened while she was watching the boy. They added that it appears Zahau tied her hands and legs to make sure she didn't save herself.

Sisters phone account refutes the "sources" statement.

This reporter is going out on a limb in that nothing makes sense.

The congratulatory statements (I have not seen my self) on twitter is questionable. His actions or reporting has no bearing on the case?

This Case is truly bazaar which further supports thoughts of foul play.

Inobu

OMG I'm going to pretend I did not read that article because the idea that Rebecca committed suicide in that manner is so ridiculous that it almost defies logic. That she carefully planned to bind her feet and hands (behind her back no less) - fully in the nude - with a scarf around her neck and no suicide note documenting her remorse is absolutely ludicrous.

True. They did not say they did not want him there, as far as I've seen. But other than that, I see no positive sign from the family, either...like a thank you to him for attending, or a pic of him or Max with Rebecca in the memorial tribute, unless I missed it...

Her sister was out in the beginining, saying it wasn't a suicide...and, imo, coming out in public and making such an assertion, is a form of 'demanding justice', otherwise, why do so?

Now, I hope they are being kept abreast of developments...to some degree...

I still find it strange, inexcusable really, that investigator had very little contact with Rebecca's sister. By all accounts they were close and Rebecca seemed to have a very loving family.

August 17, 2011

http://www.newspressnow.com/localnews/28899611/detail.html
She was also dedicated to her family, not letting the miles between California and St. Joseph separate the two sisters from each other’s lives.

I would like to know who the source was that said Jonah was getting ready to propose. It dawns on me that a would be fiance might seem like the person to be in contact with rather than one's sister? Just wondering.

I also wonder if Jonah did anything to console Rebecca after Max's falling if she was so distraught over it she might commit suicide. Even if the relationship would be over with Jonah, Rebecca was young, 32, with a chance to have her own children and she had a loving family to go back to. None of that supports the idea she committed suicide.

5 factors that puts LE in a bind.

1. Sealed and closed investigation.
2. No appeal to the public for information.
3. Partial crime scene revealed to the world.
4. No alert to public
5. Indicating it was isolated event.

OMG I'm going to pretend I did not read that article because the idea that Rebecca committed suicide in that manner is so ridiculous that it almost defies logic. That she carefully planned to bind her feet and hands (behind her back no less) - fully in the nude - with a scarf around her neck and no suicide note documenting her remorse is absolutely ludicrous.
As well the removal of "evidence" from inside, why the rug, why the painting? The scene would have been mostly exterior, not interior, what about the violent and suspicious scene? I'm not believing it myself. Too much hush hush and time passed imo to rule this a suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme