Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
comeon, are you trying to say , when you watch your child, you watch the kid every minute? it only takes a few seconds or even a split second for an accident happen.

negligence and/or abuse to me is willful/intentional neglect or harm.

My children are all adults and alive. One doesn't have to watch them every second to ensure their safety at play. None of our kids were allowed to play on the street or on the roof or near our second floor balcony. Maxie reportedly fell FROM a staircase and suffered fatal brain trauma. That's quite a fall.

JMO

Thank you for your clarification.

I understand your thoughts on negligence but was Maxie in need of constant surveillance?

If not, most parents/care-givers give some leeway/freedom in the family home to a child of 6 especially when accompanied by a 14 year old older sibling.

And, unfortunately, tragic accidents can and do happen.

Supervision of children is the law. It's not a teen sibling's responsibility to ensure safety, it is the adult in charge. If you disagree, feel free to write your elected officials and complain.

But that doesn't mean either one of them exacted violence upon Rebecca though. That would be like saying that all who commits some level of domestic violence murders someone and that just isn't the truth..thank goodness.

Often a divorce can bring out negative emotions in people but once the divorce has past and settled they do not remain violent.

I don't think this death was bizarre if it is a suicide. I just read an article where a man committed suicide using a robot.

IMO

You are a voice of reason. Thank you. There is no evidence whatsoever that the boy's father or mother murdered anyone. JMO

Supervision of children is the law. It's not a teen sibling's responsibility to ensure safety, it is the adult in charge. If you disagree, feel free to write your elected officials and complain.

Accidents are a leading cause of death in children. So I am really curious about all your posts about parents deserving justice. How do you think parents were going to get justice? Police clearly didn't think Max's death was anything but a tragic accident. So there was no "justice" to be gotten from the legal system.

Accidents are a leading cause of death in children. So I am really curious about all your posts about parents deserving justice. How do you think parents were going to get justice? Police clearly didn't think Max's death was anything but a tragic accident. So there was no "justice" to be gotten from the legal system.

This wasn't an accident, imo. Police haven't commented lately that Max's death was a tragic accident....and neither have his parents. Justice = truth and I think it is unfair to imply either of his parents are responsible for the death of his father's girlfriend.

JMO

Police haven't commented on anything lately. When they were commenting they plainly stated they believe this was an accident. So how is it fair to imply that his death was not an accident?

My theory is that she was asleep or otherwise preoccupied with her own interests to pay attention to the child. I really have no idea. All I know is the outcome was preventable.

Child endangerment happens every day, unfortunately, by those who place themselves ahead of the welfare of a child.

Hi MyBelle - I am glad that you have clarified that you aren't implying that RN deliberately harmed Max. I think there may have been some earlier misinterpretaton of what you were suggesting. Another factor in this situation is Max himself. We don't know whether he was well-behaved or whether he was a "handful". He may have been a little spoiled, being the only child of DS, and used to getting his way. We really don't know. But I agree that, as the only adult present. it was RN's responsibility to provide for his safety.

Glad you are posting again! :cheer:

Hi MyBelle - I am glad that you have clarified that you aren't implying that RN deliberately harmed Max. I think there may have been some earlier misinterpretaton of what you were suggesting. Another factor in this situation is Max himself. We don't know whether he was well-behaved or whether he was a "handful". He may have been a little spoiled, being the only child of DS, and used to getting his way. We really don't know. But I agree that, as the only adult present. it was RN's responsibility to provide for his safety.

Glad you are posting again! :cheer:

Thanks. I agree that it was RN's responsibility to provide for Max's safety.

I'm not going to blame a 6-yr-old child for his death. Whether well-behaved or a handful, those who knew him also knew how he behaved and had a duty to ensure his well-being. We don't know, but those around him did know.

JMO.

Thanks. I agree that it was RN's responsibility to provide for Max's safety.

I'm not going to blame a 6-yr-old child for his death. Whether well-behaved or a handful, those who knew him also knew how he behaved and had a duty to ensure his well-being. We don't know, but those around him did know.

JMO.

It's simply not possible to ensure someone's well being with a 100 % guarantee.
Or accidents wouldn't be a leading cause of death in children.

Police haven't commented on anything lately. When they were commenting they plainly stated they believe this was an accident. So how is it fair to imply that his death was not an accident?

I don't view a preventable death as an accident. I didn't imply it, I said it. How fair is it to imply his parents were involved in murder of Rebecca? How fair is it to imply that all the media and LE are involved in some vast conspiracy to cover up a murder?

It's simply not possible to ensure someone's well being with a 100 % guarantee.
Or accidents wouldn't be a leading cause of death in children.

One could at least try. Maxie's death hasn't been ruled an accident, btw.

Thanks!!! In my head I've come to the one conclusion, and it is the only one that makes sense to me based upon what little we know. I guess we would have to find out if that video coverage in the hospital yielded a true - fool proof alibi. I think...24 hours later...of pain and devastation is greatly draining. I think anyone would have needed a little break just to breathe. One thing I always hear when someone loses someone they loved very much is how drained and tired they are. It is like that energy that went away in their loved one also s*cks energy from your own soul. Plus...there is anger...there is a need to know WHY. As a parent, I would want to know WHY immediately -- the why is not really important -- it's more of a need to "take this pain away and tell me something that will make it go away." Of course the why no longer matters -- not to a parent who adores their child.
This is the one thing that has me thinking that LE is looking at murder, the fact that it was after RN's autopsy, days after perhaps 1 week after that they requested the hospital videos, if the autopsy showed that it was suicide, why request the hospital videos at all?

His death was never suggested to be anything else. While RN's death could be a homicide or a suicide. It wouldn't be investigated by 15 detectives if it was an obvious suicide.

And Rebecca's has not been ruled a suicide. From the articles I have read LE had not planned on even investigating Max's death until Rebecca died. It had been viewed as an accident. Speaking of accidents, what happens if a child darts out in the road in traffic and gets killed by a car? Should the parent or whoever is watching the child at that time be blamed? Is it not just an accident? Accidents do happen, unfortunately.

This is the one thing that has me thinking that LE is looking at murder, the fact that it was after RN's autopsy, days after perhaps 1 week after that they requested the hospital videos, if the autopsy showed that it was suicide, why request the hospital videos at all?

Good point. In some other cases, police declared a suicide even before tox screen came back. Here, we still heard nothing official.

and I also find it interesting that the police did not want to do a re-enactment, did they find something that makes them think it was not a hanging ? but didn't AS said she was hanging ? whats the SOP or prerequisite that will make police do a re-enactment anyway?

Good point. In some other cases, police declared a suicide even before tox screen came back. Here, we still heard nothing official.

and I also find it interesting that the police did not want to do a re-enactment, did they find something that makes them think it was not a hanging ? but didn't AS said she was hanging ? whats the SOP or prerequisite that will make police do a re-enactment anyway?

It appears to me they were trying to do a re-enactment to figure out if it was actually possible to kill oneself the way she was found. Why did they decide not to do it? Officially because they said they are going to relay on forensics instead.

The rug is still a big sticking point for me. If this was a suicide why would LE need to take a rug from the home? Rebecca was not inside the home (according to AS) when she was found but apparently there is some kind of evidence on the rug that pertains to her death. Then there is the picture/mirror. Again, taken from inside the home where it should not have anything to do with Rebecca's death unless she did not die how LE originally assumed.

heres another article -july 27

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...to-the-rope-the-party-and-the-reputation/9243

here is one of the best articles so far on the case- dated aug 20:
http://www.examiner.com/news-analys...viewing-hanging-death-of-naked-coronado-woman

and here is an august 8 article that is concerned about the money aspect
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904480904576496293954276376.html

Quiz:
1.) which one will bring down the share prices of Medicis ? suicide or murder ? depending on culprit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee