Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is zero evidence that this was not an accident.

If there was zero evidence, LE would not have undertaken another look into Maxie's death imo. They have not yet provided us with their conclusions.

What has led you to believe that RN placed herself ahead of the welfare of the child?
If you don't know the answer to the previous question, then how can you be so certain that the outcome was preventable?

TIA

BBM

Fatal injuries and death.

What leads you to believe that RN wasn't supervising the child?

Was Maxie a special needs child in need of constant surveillance?

TIA

The law requires ALL children require constant supervision. I really think it's time to stop being so dismissive of Maxie's death. He is a victim imo.

The law requires ALL children require constant supervision. <modsnip>. He is a victim imo.

At this point, I haven't seen any evidence that MS was/is a victim. IMO

What evidence have you seen that leads you to believe that he is? TIA

@ MyBelle

If I follow your theory correctly, you believe that Maxie&#8217;s injuries were due to RN&#8217;s negligence. And, RN&#8217;s guilt about her negligence led her to commit suicide.

One could also argue that IF Maxie&#8217;s injuries were due to RN&#8217;s negligence then a simple theory for RN&#8217;s death could also be that someone held her responsible and made RN pay for her negligence.

It may not have been premeditated but it could have arisen out of sheer, uncontrollable rage - a very understandable emotion based on the very permanent and unexpected death of a young child.

It&#8217;s horribly sad any way you look at these cases!

@ MyBelle

If I follow your theory correctly, you believe that Maxie’s injuries were due to RN’s negligence. And, RN’s guilt about her negligence led her to commit suicide.

One could also argue that IF Maxie’s injuries were due to RN’s negligence then a simple theory for RN’s death could also be that someone held her responsible and made RN pay for her negligence.

It may not have been premeditated but it could have arisen out of sheer, uncontrollable rage - a very understandable emotion based on the very permanent and unexpected death of a young child.

It’s horribly sad any way you look at these cases!

I agree, it's been a sad case. I'm not so sure it was RN's guilt about Maxie's injuries that led to her suicide. I think it is entirely possible that it was JS blaming her for his injuries that led to her suicide. I don't see the man wanting to continue his relationship with her after the incident. I do see him telling her to clear out of his life. No murder needed to accomplish that.

JMO

BBM

Thank you for that piece of information, however, it really makes it even cloudier for me. If they knew he was brain dead on Monday why wait a week? The longer the body stays on life support, the harder it is on the organs.....they deteriorate. The list of people who needed organs was already in place, they would have known immediately after testing MS who was compatible and who wasn't......why the long wait?
To recap:
MS falls 7/11/11, found without pulse, not breathing. (Brain death due to hypoxia and not trauma?)
JS and DS issue joint statement 7/18/11 stating he died.

I suppose they could have simply waited to issue the statement about his death and I am just reading too much into it, but all the parts do not fit together properly IMO.

I bet you are right however, DS would have made sure RN never got close to him again had he survived in any capacity.

BBM

Remember GS (AS's daughter) did that facebook post on Friday, July 15, (I believe) telling Maxie goodbye....could they have waited until Sunday to issue the statement concerning his passing? Could he have really passed on Friday?

I thought they were planning on doing another MRI on Wednesday, July 13.
If at that time, they made their decision, how long for the organs harvesting to be set up?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I am not familiar with the in/outs of organ donation (even though I am an organ donor on my driver's license...)

TIA

I agree, it's been a sad case. I'm not so sure it was RN's guilt about Maxie's injuries that led to her suicide. I think it is entirely possible that it was JS blaming her for his injuries that led to her suicide. I don't see the man wanting to continue his relationship with her after the incident. I do see him telling her to clear out of his life. No murder needed to accomplish that.

JMO

We haven't seen any evidence that JS blamed RN for Maxie's injuries.

Without knowing the details of what happened to MS, it's difficult at this point to make that leap to JS' possible decisions.

What are your feelings about DS and her possibly snapping?

GUYS - stop the bickering. You have different opinions. That's okay. But you don't need to fight about it. If you can not post respectfully, then don't post. Don't reply to a post if you can't do it without being snarky. Remember if you are snarky, it falls on you - doesn't matter who started it, it is your responsibility to ignore it and move forward.

Salem

The following is a much repeated bit of info that is nearly fact:

MS was known to all close to him to be brain dead on Monday, the day of his fall. The official death was delayed due to the generous decision of his grieving parents to donate his organs. [There may, of course, have been additional reasons for the delay.] Three very lucky children benefited.

That being said, I'm having a hard time believing this was suicide based on what little we know.

If, by some miracle, MS had survived, I would strongly bet that DS would do everything in her power to make sure that MS was never again in the care of RN, regardless of fault.

Please provide a link to this "fact." Doctors certainly were unable to determine brain life or death quickly in Rep. Gabby Giffords brain trauma. They had to perform procedures to relieve tissue swelling and then had to wait to determine the extent and prognosis. IMO, similar procedures and the need to wait patiently was what transpired with Maxie.

We haven't seen any evidence that JS blamed RN for Maxie's injuries.

Without knowing the details of what happened to MS, it's difficult at this point to make that leap to JS' possible decisions.

What are your feelings about DS and her possibly snapping?

I think DS was too focused on her son's survival and praying for a miracle to "snap" at anyone.

Please provide a link to this "fact." Doctors certainly were unable to determine brain life or death quickly in Rep. Gabby Giffords brain trauma. They had to perform procedures to relieve tissue swelling and then had to wait to determine the extent and prognosis. IMO, similar procedures and the need to wait patiently was what transpired with Maxie.

Early reports all stated MS was found not breathing and without a pulse. RN was said to have been administering CPR while GS phoned 911.

Monday evening online postings by close relations stated MS, "brain dead", prayers.

I know of several cases where children have darted into the road and been injured. Parent was asleep in one incident and not even home in the other. And, yes, they were prosecuted. Accidents are still investigated and decisions are made whether it was an accident. We have not been told the conclusion of the investigation into Maxie's death.

OMG.........Rebecca was doing CPR on Maxie.......she talked to someone at the 911 center......a girl made the initial call............wrong address......called back and i believe spoke with Rebecca.......she also called JS..........LE has always called Maxie's accident a tragic accident. Coronado LE does not do homicide investigations........she may have been 20 feet away when it happened but she responded immediately........RN is a victim also.......

Early reports all stated MS was found not breathing and without a pulse. RN was said to have been administering CPR while GS phoned 911.

Monday evening online postings by close relations stated MS, "brain dead", prayers.

IMO, the doctors did not diagnose brain death immediately. I have no idea who close relations might be and it really isn't proof what was really going on.

IMO, the doctors did not diagnose brain death immediately. I have no idea who close relations might be and it really isn't proof what was really going on.

The MRI performed on Wed afternoon was probably for final proof - sadly.

@ MyBelle

What is the protocol on unsealing the recordings of the 911 calls to the public? TIA

@ MyBelle

What is the protocol on unsealing the recordings of the 911 calls to the public? TIA

I don't know Cali records law but in my state, records are unsealed when LE close the case OR when news organizations make a request and the Judge grants it.

Just a Note: We don't really even know if Rebecca was charged with Max's care. I don't think it's impossible that dad went golfing and left him in the care of a teenage sibling. We do know Jonah was golfing and Dina was not to be found for hours after the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave