Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think AS stood on the table when he cut RN down, and that lead to the broken table leg?
Did JS call for dog, since kids all gone and alone in home. Also, seemed like it may be an attack dog and provided sense of security. However, doubtful JS stayed at the home after the tragic events- expect him to sell the place.

curiousjo;
This is Ocean, a 14 month old Weimaraner. You might be thinking about the GS that DS alleged attacked her during their divorce. Different dogs.

Why did she need a long cord on her hands and feet? If all is accomplished by binding hands is to prevent herself from saving herself, why would she need a really long cord to bind her hands? Any short belt would suffice.

True, but I was under the impression that her hands and feet were also bound with the electrical cord. I couldn't really tell from the photos if it was the same cord or different ones, but that is why I performed my test with our extension cord. FWIW I'm with you. Why, why, why bind your feet? Especially if you need a table to reach the cord or are planning on jumping from the second floor balcony? :waitasec:

I continue to come back to the wording from one of the earliest reports. Rebecca was found hanging, WITH a rope around her neck.

There is a lot of controversy as to AS testimony, changing testimony actually. Was Rebecca actually hanging and AS cut her down, or was she hanging by the ropes/cords that bound her arms and there was a neck around her neck also?

There is a difference between, 'with a rope around her neck' and 'by a rope around her neck'.

Maybe I am just old and fixated, but with the questioning of AS actions, this continues to plague me.

I wanted to point out a couple of points I've missed.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/19/ijvm.01.html

JVM interview with Ted Greenberg, Camp Diggity Dog owner about his meeting with Rebecca. He said he talked with RN about five times on Monday, and she broke down crying a couple of times. He couldn't take Ocean, the dog, because of his vaccinations. He arranged to come the next morning and take the dog to the vet for her, and then board the dog. He went to the mansion at 8:45 Tuesday morning and went in.....less than 24 hrs after MS's accident. RN took him upstairs to hook the printer up to the computer and then they went back down to get the dog food. If MS had had such a bad accident as to have major head trauma from striking the chandelier, I would think you wouldn't be bringing people into the house, much less up the stairs (could be a back stairwell out of the kitchen I suppose....but it doesn't say that). He said she was very quiet on Tuesday.

Here is the big thing I missed. JS called on Saturday to pick up the dog. 7/16 I presume.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1107/19/ijvm.01.html

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Mansion Mystery: 2 Deaths in 2 Days

Aired July 19, 2011 - 19:00:00 ET

He says he saw another woman there. On the 16th. At least that is how I read this. I thought the dog was still being boarded there?

So, on the 17th, TV stations start reporting that MS is dead and organs have been donated, and the official statement is the 18th.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...i-coronado-child-dies-from-injuries-0717.html

Arizona CEO Shacknai's son has died, family confirms
by Robert Anglen and Ken Alltucker - Jul. 17, 2011 05:58 PM
The Arizona Republic

So:
7/11 MS falls, RN tries to get dog boarded but can't.
7/12 TG comes for dog, AS arrives (?)
7/13 RN found allegedly hanging
7/14
7/15
7/16 JS calls to get dog from TG, TG sees another woman there???
7/17 MS death announced
7/18 official family statement

I cannot say that I would have the presence of mind to think about getting a dog from a kennel in the midst of two deaths in my home, of two of my closest relations. Especially if I didn't board the dog to begin with. I don't think it would even cross my mind. JMO.

Fantastic sleuthing Iwannaknow! If you go back into the transcript, you will see that TG stated he saw a woman arriving at the mansion on Tuesday, 7/12 when he was leaving with the dog Ocean after having spent time with RZ. Therefore, the above timeline should read 7/12 TG comes for dog, AS arrives (?), TG sees another woman there.

IMHO This business of JS calling his brother AS to fly over for moral support sounds odd to me... just doesn't gel with the mogul persona. Am wondering if JS parents are living or any other siblings.

Why did she need a long cord on her hands and feet? If all is accomplished by binding hands is to prevent herself from saving herself, why would she need a really long cord to bind her hands? Any short belt would suffice.

BBM

Thank you jjenny. Very good point, WHY such a long cord? Too many mysteries with this "suicide."

I cannot say that I would have the presence of mind to think about getting a dog from a kennel in the midst of two deaths in my home, of two of my closest relations. Especially if I didn't board the dog to begin with. I don't think it would even cross my mind. JMO.

I have 3 dogs and 4 cats who are family to me. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about my furry kidz. But if I were dealing with the tragedy of 2 deaths in the family, somehow I don't think I'd want the additional burden of dealing with the animals right away. But it's possible that, if Ocean belonged to Maxx, the dog's presence helped JS feel closer to his son.

FYI: According to the following, the balcony above the grand staircase is ten feet wide.

http://www.trulia.com/property/photos/1039341000-1043-Ocean-Blvd-Coronado-CA-92118#item-1

ETA: Would that be too tempting to resist for a teenager and her young sibling for planking?

Ahhhh. This is what I've been wanting! Thank you Quester. That appears to me to be a back bedroom that RN would have been hanging from the balcony. If I were an adored, 6 year old boy, that would be my choice of bedroom. Definitely not a choice for the lady of the house..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Fantastic sleuthing Iwannaknow! If you go back into the transcript, you will see that TG stated he saw a woman arriving at the mansion on Tuesday, 7/12 when he was leaving with the dog Ocean after having spent time with RZ. Therefore, the above timeline should read 7/12 TG comes for dog, AS arrives (?), TG sees another woman there.

IMHO This business of JS calling his brother AS to fly over for moral support sounds odd to me... just doesn't gel with the mogul persona. Am wondering if JS parents are living or any other siblings.

Yes, I see that now Carioca. Thank you for sorting that out. Ok, here is a newer timeline.

7/11 MS falls, RN tries to get dog boarded but can't.
7/12 TG comes for dog, TG sees other woman at mansion when leaving, AS arrives
7/13 RN found allegedly hanging
7/14
7/15
7/16 JS calls to get dog from TG, JS wants associate to pick up dog.
7/17 MS death announced
7/18 official family statement

BBM

:yourock:

Was the chandelier brought out after maxie's fall ? or after rebecca's death ? thats very interesting specially if the chandelier was related to Rebecca's death. - just my speculation - did someone push her and she fell on the chandelier ? and after she fell, thats when she was hogtied, after all this hanging thing is all based on the say-so of AS...who knows...

I will tell u that a close neighbor saw the chandelier being carried out by officers which was apparently not videotaped by the press. I understand, monitor, this is considered rumor bit I'll put it out there just the same and I understand if you need to delete it. I also recall but don't have the link at hand that a different neighbor indicated that max had 'fallen on the chandelier'. I will look for that link as corroborating evidence of this other neighbor's recalling of events. I understand it is still rumor.

I don't know the significance of this, I am just wanting to add to the information known about the event.

Re JS's surviving family members:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110716/NEWS03/107160349/Dead-woman-found-former-Suffern-man-s-SoCal-mansion

This *is* hearsay, but I did hear multiple times from Coronado locals that MS's condition was beyond dire as of the day of the accident. In that light, I could see AS coming to Coronado.

What I do find hard to believe: JS contacted Ted Greenberg personally. I have no doubt he wanted the dog back (link to MS). Why wouldn't AS or another friend of JS make the call to the kennel? Getting the dog back shows me that Ocean was not involved in MS's fall.

I continue to come back to the wording from one of the earliest reports. Rebecca was found hanging, WITH a rope around her neck.

There is a lot of controversy as to AS testimony, changing testimony actually. Was Rebecca actually hanging and AS cut her down, or was she hanging by the ropes/cords that bound her arms and there was a neck around her neck also?

There is a difference between, 'with a rope around her neck' and 'by a rope around her neck'.

Maybe I am just old and fixated, but with the questioning of AS actions, this continues to plague me.

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/0714.pdf

San Diego County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detail
Media Information

BBM
The reporting party, later identified as Adam Shacknai told responding Officers he found Nalepa with a rope around her neck and hanging from a balcony off the main house.

Article about Arnold Klein (MD who accused JS of "satyriasis" and likened JS and RZ death to duPont murder of a friend) in Daily Beast today:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ician-courts-substance-abuse-allegations.html

WOW! What the bleep was that? There should have been a warning on your post and a warning at the top of the article. Yuck!

Did you miss AK ccomments re JS in Wall Street Journal blog in threads past?

Of interest as one reporter's take on character of AK.

Also of interest if anything might come out at above trial re JS.

I think “Warning: Smut Reporting” would have been appropriate and appreciated on both your posting announcing the article and on the article itself. The latter, of course, being outside your purview and within Ms. Dimond’s.

But, just IMHO.

Re JS's surviving family members:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110716/NEWS03/107160349/Dead-woman-found-former-Suffern-man-s-SoCal-mansion

This *is* hearsay, but I did hear multiple times from Coronado locals that MS's condition was beyond dire as of the day of the accident. In that light, I could see AS coming to Coronado.

What I do find hard to believe: JS contacted Ted Greenberg personally. I have no doubt he wanted the dog back (link to MS). Why wouldn't AS or another friend of JS make the call to the kennel? Getting the dog back shows me that Ocean was not involved in MS's fall.

It has been reported that Ocean was Rebeccas dog. I am sure Ocean, being part of the household, played with Maxie, but the fact that JS got him from the kennel, doesn't tell me much.

If I knew where Ocean was now, whether Ocean was still alive (sorry, graphic, I know), that would tell me a lot more.

Here is your problem (mine too), the rhetoric and context in which someone uses to describe an event is important. During emergency situations 911 operators often need the caller to reiterate or better explain the event or happenings as the caller assumes the 911 operator can see what they are talking about. This is common in emergency scenarios.

At times there is too little or no description at all in that the caller is totally out of it.

Another problem arises when a caller tries to paint a picture or scene adding specific verbiage to set the scene. This is often seen in staged scenario. The caller in essence goes on record in describing the scene to the 911 operator.

In this case the 911 tape will clarify the verbiage used.

A caller will usually speak to what happened and state their mindset.

A past criminal will state that they were not involved.
A family member will assume an intruder action .
A stranger states in a non implicating manner that someone.

IN this case we have bits and pieces of what was said but lets lay it out and evaluate the potential mindsets with different sentence structure.

I found a woman hung in the court yard you need to send the police.
I found R hung in the court yard send the police.
There is a woman with a rope around her neck.
There is a woman hung with a rope around her neck.
There is a woman hung by her neck and appears to be dead

Each sentence actually conveys a situation, mindset, position and or demeanor.

The rhetoric used has its conflicting position.

Woman- non personal to personal family member.
hung and appears to be dead - impartial to condition.
woman hung by her neck and appears to be dead - excessive detail

Until we hear the 911 tapes we can only speculate but as I said before the scenario can be spoken, staged and guessed a million ways but it only happened in one specific manner.

Inobu

It has been reported that Ocean was Rebeccas dog. I am sure Ocean, being part of the household, played with Maxie, but the fact that JS got him from the kennel, doesn't tell me much.

If I knew where Ocean was now, whether Ocean was still alive (sorry, graphic, I know), that would tell me a lot more.[/QUOTE]

BBM Thanks, Sunnie, that was my first thought. Hopefully we can get some news from neighbors down there. IF the dog is still alive he must be confused as he//.

I think “Warning: Smut Reporting” would have been appropriate and appreciated on both your posting announcing the article and on the article itself. The later, of course, being outside your purview and within Ms. Dimond’s.

But, just IMHO.

Totally off topic but don't you think Pfeiffer could have quit if he didn't want to wash his groin. Holy Cow Pattie, Batman:innocent: Although I'd have to question a lot of Diane Dimond's blog posts.

Why the big rush to board the dog when she didn't go to the hospital? TG mentions that that was strange to him and I agree. If a woman was there or arriving as he left at approximately 9:00 am........did someone show up and tell RN to stay away from the hospital? Then AS shows up. Did he go to the hospital? Rebecca turns up dead 22 hrs later, hanging from what I presume could well be MS's balcony.......nude with her hands and feet bound. Did RN tell someone she was "tied up" doing something when the accident happened? Could that have been part of the discussion with the mystery woman?

JS must have communicated with RN at least once to know where the dog was. Odd to talk about and remember a thing like that at a time like that. Wouldn't he know that RN wasn't wanted at the hospital?

Sorry for all those rambling, disconnected questions. :crosseyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member