Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot off the microphone. The latest from Keith Greer.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

This is short, about 12 minutes.

He is talking to the jurors today so I hope to speak with Mr. Greer at the end of the day or first thing tomorrow.

Zahau[FONT=&quot] family not seeking punitive damages from Adam Shacknai for [/FONT]Rebecca[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Zahau[FONT=&quot] wrongful desth

https://twitter.com/pdrepard
[/FONT]

Those mics are set up outside the courthouse. Who are they waiting for?

Adam's lawyer up,Webb. Whining about the verdict. Adam and his girlfriend standing with him. Dressed very casually.

Webb attacking Mary Zahau. Praising Gore. He stood tall (in the saddle, I guess. Macho).

Adam is innocent. He's never represented anyone who has undergone such an injustice, told the jury the truth, etc.

Adam won't give up. His lawyers will pursue a very aggressive appeal. Convinced it will be reversed.

Oy, he's putting Adam up.

He says he's already been exonerated. Complained that someone said he lived alone. Says he got a lot of texts and calls from friends who support him. Will find out in his appeal. Thanking attorneys. He's standing tall. They got lucky once, they won't get lucky again. He thinks they had a good case. Disappointed in verdict. Same person he was. Wanted to sue for defamation when charges first filed.

He will bring defamation and malicious prosecution suit when they win their appeal. Plenty of fight, friends and family. This ain't nothin. Nothing ever shocks him.

Webb now answering questions. Praising Gore et al They did a great investigation. Did more DNA and forensic evidence than any case he's ever seen in the US. No risk of criminal prosecution when they conduct such a great

Sheriff stood tall yesterday - 3 time for that meme

Great confidence in law enforcement

Adam says he's not worried. Police did an honest job.

Webb is very proud of the SDSO. Says they're being responsible to keep their mind open about the investigation

Doesn't think there's any new evidence for Sheriff to look at

Sheriff stood up and said bring in your evidence.

(This is PR as a team with SDSO imo)

No evidence presented that Adam had anything to do with this death.

Workload at sheriff's office will increase with new evidence coming in. They have their work cut out for them. Sympathy for workers at SDSO.

Adam Mortified by something, didn't hear

Walk in Adam's shoes last 4 yrs. Had to face terrible accusations. Three people originally accused, changed mind. Orig thought Dina, etc.

Adam says he's been living with horrible false accusations. None of his friends think he's guilty.

Webb: doesn't like them saying Adam is a weird guy, doesn't have a girlfriend..So Webb decided to have Adam bring her to San Diego. He was going to put Mary on the stand, she would have charmed the jury. Adam has a normal life, normal person.

Adam's girlfriend talking. Will never be as stunned as she was yesterday.

Adam: Jonah great brother 1000% behind Adam. Same as he has always been

Webb: Adam is strong, he's not wealthy. He will get through this. When asked about grounds for appeal, he said "all kinds"

ETA: "Standing tall" is the Sitrick & Co meme fro the day. JMO. Let's see if Gore or anyone at SDSO uses it.

Adam will be appealing - Adam at mic!

That hit me in the face too! Also I see a bit of a change of attitude from Gore now that they may reopen this case. I think only for political reasons tho.

Meeting with them? Maybe. But, I wouldn't give them the opportunity to reopen only to arrive at the same conclusion. No trust.

Yes, JMO it's just talk. He won't do anything new. He will continue to discredit any new evidence or viewpoint that Greer brings up. It's not just Gore, but from what I've read over the years, it's always difficult to get LE to re-evaluate their handling of a murder/suicide/missing person, etc.

See, I fear they would reopen if asked but pre-determine to only arrive at the same conclusion, and then be able to say that they completed two investigations which led to the same outcome.

See, I fear they would reopen if asked but pre-determine to only arrive at the same conclusion, and then be able to say that they completed two investigations which led to the same outcome.

Oh, no doubt they might try such a thing. I think I agree with Mary Z that it should be done by a different agency. With the same sheriff in charge, up for re-election, he has a conflict of interest. JMO

Also...

Let's remember the person who refused to have an investigation, independent from the Sheriff's department, done!!!

Kamala Harris.

Oh puh-leaze. If he was going to put Mary (the girlfriend) on the stand, why didn't he instead of doing that bizarre court shout-out crap? :eyeroll:

Greer is up now.

Defense is tough

Trust jury system. Jury members were very attentive, paid attention, took notes. He wishes they would speak up now, but understands

Says Webb's speech has been given many times

Expected appeal

Webb said they started not having evidence. Greer says that's how it worked in the beginning. Took time to get it all.

Difference is in how evidence is interpreted. They put both versions in front of a jury and they found it was murder, not suicide.

Bumped into Sheriff Gore, gave him his card. A bit disappointed in Gore for immediately issuing statement saying they stood by their investigation. Was gut punch to family

Gore's opponent announced will reopen case. Some time after that Gore changed his statement to say they will talk to family

Zahau family not interested in talking to Gore. They spent 2 years talking to him to no avail. He had 7 years to do it, had opportunity to look at it, so he lost his chance.

Something has to change. If the case were still open, they wouldn't have taken it to court.

Don't expect to get any money from Adam (Webb had just mentioned Adam is poor)

We ,mean business and we're not going away

Will talk to other investigators who will help family out. Gore had his chance, he hasn't changed.

Gore said he will look at new evidence. No, he needs to take another look at the evidence he already has. Greer had the chefs knife with him when he met Gore at the tv station. Uses it for demonstration, showed Gore.

Now that trial is over, they will share all the evidence with the public. People will realize they shouldn't trust the sheriff who couldn't see it before. Will we trust him to prosecute? He shouldn't be trusted. Something has to change.

In order to get a case for malicious prosecution you have to lose. Defamation suit, not realistic.

Up for appeal? Yes, expected it.

Jurors all 12 left the back way. Didn't want to face the news media gaggle. He doesn't blame them. They did a good,hard job.

Didn't get to talk to the 3 who dissented. He speculates if he talked to them, they thought it was murder. Circumstantial evidence is harder. A feather more on their side, would have done it. Maybe they didn't think evidence was strong enough. Doesn't matter they won. What was important was getting the evidence out to the public and hold SDSO accountable.

People will make decisions about the sheriff and may change their opinions.

Mary left, had to get back to work. Works packing pork back in MO. She's a beautiful human being, terrible what she had to go through. Her entire marriage with Doug has been involved in this. Can now move on, let Rebecca go.

They will start collection process right away. Will probably get $500 a month. Will have to put up a bond 1.5times the judgment. If they win appeal, they will get. May garnish some max $15,000 a yr or 25% of disposable income. He thinks Adam will retire now so he doesn't have to pay.

He told his wife they'll be moving on, but he will have to appeal. It will be easy compared to what they just went through

They'll spend 6 figures on their brief. There's won't be as pretty ,but will put up the facts.

Have already talked to appellate counsel for help

Will have another PC to reveal evidence. Has another trial starting tomorrow.

I had to break away after I heard Webb's vicious accusations about Mary. Greer always speaks about him as if he is a true gent. I disagree. Nothing honourable about that side. NOTHING.

I had to break away after I heard Webb's vicious accusations about Mary. Greer always speaks about him as if he is a true gent. I disagree. Nothing honourable about that side. NOTHING.

BBM: That is because Greer is the true gent! I can't even put into words how I feel about Mr. Greer. I have so much respect for him; he took on this case because it was the right thing to do and I cannot show my gratitude enough!

I would be mightily insulted if I was on that jury and heard Webb's diatribe about no evidence etc. I've never heard a jury be so publicly vilified by an attorney. They were the ones tasked with evaluating the evidence, not he.

Life got in the way of me being able to follow this trial like I wanted to and I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread today! SOME justice for Rebecca finally.

That's a very good question. Assume they all thought it was a slam dunk for the defense's well heeled legal team. I hope the news media learns a lesson or two from this trial. Sometimes juries listen to facts and don't always decide in favor of high priced "dream teams". Let's hope this is a trend, JMO I think it will be with younger people serving jury duty. Their generation seems less likely to be impressed or swayed by wealthy people.

I'm assuming it was primarily younger folks on the Facebook chat feed during the livestreams, and they were running heavily in favor of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton