Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep hearing this was a murder staged to look like a suicide. I don’t think it looked like a suicide at all. It looked like a pretty obvious murder IMO.

Thank you for all of those links, Betty P!

From Business Insider: “The San Diego County Sheriff likewise ruled out foul play in Zahau's death, and no charges were brought. Authorities even released an unusual video demonstration of how investigators believed Zahau had managed to tie her own hands behind her back before binding her own legs, slipping a noose around her neck and hurling herself off the balcony.”

IMO a reasonable person reads that last sentence and says “WHAT???” And they didn’t even mention the gag. Incredulous on its face.

BBM. Wow! Her wrists were tied behind her back before she tied her ankles? Knuckleheads.

The San Diego County Sheriff's Department said it would be open to reviewing its evidence that could impact its original conclusions in the wake of the verdict, but it “stands by the findings of the Medical Examiner's Office and our investigators” that the death was a suicide.

Additionally, we are also willing to meet with the Zahau Family to look at any new evidence that came out of the civil trial,” the department added in a statement.

http://www.newsweek.com/who-adam-sh...er-found-responsible-girlfriends-death-872724

Imo, that's the standard Gore stonewall seasoned for palatability. Dude needs to go.

This is a good theory, but I am more inclined to think that the message was just a way for him to stage the scene. I still think he originally staged this as a murder and then changed his mind because suicide would make more sense. But he couldn't unpaint the door.
Greer was asked something regarding if AS connection with his brother might have something to do with this crime at the press conference yesterday. Greer's response was something to the effect that he believes the complete opposite. Its the fact that he is disconnected from his family, and lives in his own world. This disconnection made it easier for AS to approach Rebecca in an inappropriate way, and when AS realized just how inappropriate it was and that his brother and others would find out, it triggered the actions he then made in silencing Rebecca.

BBM. Mr. Greer and I have been on the same wavelength. Yay!

BBM. Mr. Greer and I have been on the same wavelength. Yay!

Me too! This is exactly what I thought happened.
I can hardly wait to see the evidence Mr. Greer is going to release.

ETA: I've always wondered if Rebecca did encourage AS to come to CA due to Max's fall, and he interpreted this as some kind of come-on.

I found that interesting, too. Caitlin said she heard that Jonah complained to the effect that the scandal, etc. was having a negative impact on the price of his company's stock. He said that it was harming the pensions of his employees. As if Jonah cares whether his employees receive a pension. He was likely only concerned about the impact on his own bank account, Medicis stock, etc.

Either way, it sounds suspiciously close to someone with money trying to influence a murder investigation (which it initially was). I wonder if Gore is reconsidering his re-election bid? Would it be worth the trouble if his office becomes the target of an investigation? He must be past retirement age.

ME Dr. Lucas was also recently appointed ME for Los Angeles County, too.

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/06/0...ty-morgue-after-stints-in-new-york-san-diego/

MOO

Imo, this confirms our theory JS was pushing SDSO for a quick and dirty close to RZ's death for his own purposes.

This finding by the jury has renewed my faith in my fellow Americans! We've got to get tough, get smart and stay tough, stay smart lest the inmates take over running the asylum!

^^^This x 1,000,000.

Greer just talked about how happy they were. He brought the knife to the show and demonstrated how she was holding it behind her back. I am not sure what that meant. Also talked a small amount about the evidence. And the news team stated that Gore would be on next hour and what would he like them to say to him or ask him. Greer stated the Zahau would not want to talk to him again but his only question would be “why”? Why did the sheriffs office refuse to look at this case further. The evidence was there that she was murdered.

BBM. Why, indeed?

There are a lot of bruised egos here and a lot of money ( on the defense side). Personally, I don’t think the defense side is going to go away quietly. My personal opinion is that they ARE investigating the jury and anything else in order to call this a mistrial. My antennas are up.
I know for a fact, also, that several years ago there was a link that identified the person who clicked on to the link. Be wary. Don’t be paranoid, just be smart.

The bruised egos are likely among SDSO. The money is JS. Imo, he still wants this mess to go away, so I'm predicting he'll continue to be driven primarily by that desire, and since he'll no longer be able to apply pressure/influence in the investigation, he'll have to pony up some more dough. I'm guessing he's interested in cutting his financial losses as much as possible at this point, and preserving his own reputation - basically the same goals he had in 2011. I don't think he gives a hot hoot about his little bro's reputation or future.

I keep hearing this was a murder staged to look like a suicide. I don’t think it looked like a suicide at all. It looked like a pretty obvious murder IMO.

I think it looked 100% like a murder. A murder staged to muddy waters about what happened, maybe, but murder all the way. People say it's murder staged to look like a suicide, then later it's suicide staged to look like a murder. It's all just talking in circles, imo.

On Tricia’s latest interview with Greer, I continue to be impressed with him and he talked about being out-lawyered and was self-deprecating in his performance. Not so. Tricia gave him the alternate view of how great he read the case and did such a fine job. KG said something to the effect ‘We had the evidence but having heart kept us going’. So true. And I loved Tricia’s tribute to KG at the end. Go Websleuths!!!

I would be mightily insulted if I was on that jury and heard Webb's diatribe about no evidence etc. I've never heard a jury be so publicly vilified by an attorney. They were the ones tasked with evaluating the evidence, not he.

I felt the same. He insulted Mary Z & Greer, he insulted the jurors but had plenty of effusive praise for SDSO and Gore "standing tall" and Adam. He tried so hard to make Adam seem like the "victim" in all this, that Mary Z has destroyed Adam's life for the last 4 yrs with her lawsuit and accusations. A lot of it sounded very familiar YKWIM.

I wanted to turn it off, too, while Webb was on but decided to stick it out. Greer came on fairly quickly after. You can tell his conferences aren't scripted, he's much more genuine, spontaneous and open with the public. Following Webb's speech, Greer said (paraphrasing), he's probably given that same speech many times before. He has it memorized, or something like that.

Greer didn't seem at all surprised or intimidated by Webb's ranting about appeals.

But, yeah, the trash talk from Adam and Webb towards Mary Z and the jury was deplorable. Maybe he's hoping for a bench trial next time, because any jury that hears his appeal will not appreciate what he said about this one.

Me too! This is exactly what I thought happened.
I can hardly wait to see the evidence Mr. Greer is going to release.

ETA: I've always wondered if Rebecca did encourage AS to come to CA due to Max's fall, and he interpreted this as some kind of come-on.

Adam, on the stand, really did spend IMO an inordinate amount of time on the subject of having conversations with Rebecca about whether or not he should come to town. He had spoken with his father, not JS, and then Rebecca who encouraged him to come to SD but 'follow your heart'. Then he said "knowing Rebecca like I did" he decided to go. That exact quote has stuck in my mind for some reason.

I'm in the minority on this one, but I really think the defense was talking tough today about an appeal, and we shall see if it ever comes to fruition. Who's going to pay that cadre of attorneys, starting with Mr. $1,335 Per Hour? No way is Jonah going to. Very doubtful AS will convince someone to work with him pro bono, so he'll have to keep working to pay the piper, which means he'll have to pay the Zahaus at least something. Imo, Jonah will wave buh-bye to Adam, cut his losses on this case, get on with his life, and do whatever he can (which really shouldn't be much at this point) to discourage re-opening the case in the future.

I felt the same. He insulted Mary Z & Greer, he insulted the jurors but had plenty of effusive praise for SDSO and Gore "standing tall" and Adam. He tried so hard to make Adam seem like the "victim" in all this, that Mary Z has destroyed Adam's life for the last 4 yrs with her lawsuit and accusations. A lot of it sounded very familiar YKWIM.

I wanted to turn it off, too, while Webb was on but decided to stick it out. Greer came on fairly quickly after. You can tell his conferences aren't scripted, he's much more genuine, spontaneous and open with the public. Following Webb's speech, Greer said (paraphrasing), he's probably given that same speech many times before. He has it memorized, or something like that.

Greer didn't seem at all surprised or intimidated by Webb's ranting about appeals.

But, yeah, the trash talk from Adam and Webb towards Mary Z was deplorable.

Yes the defense is posturing the usual arrogance that has been the case since the Zahaus began voicing their murder beliefs to SDSO. Pure arrogance IMO on their part continues on. I would like to think that not all of these professionals working for the defense agree with that type of negative voicing against the jurors and the family. I know I wouldn't be proud to be associated with them if I were in the same firm.

Adam, on the stand, really did spend IMO an inordinate amount of time on the subject of having conversations with Rebecca about whether or not he should come to town. He had spoken with his father, not JS, and then Rebecca who encouraged him to come to SD but 'follow your heart'. Then he said "knowing Rebecca like I did" he decided to go. That exact quote has stuck in my mind for some reason.

You mean "Becca" ... right? :facepalm: He may have spoken to her because JS wasn't available, but all the la-dee-da about following his heart and knowing "Becca" as he did, was part of a theatrical performance. Imo

I'm in the minority on this one, but I really think the defense was talking tough today about an appeal, and we shall see if it ever comes to fruition. Who's going to pay that cadre of attorneys, starting with Mr. $1,335 Per Hour? No way is Jonah going to. Very doubtful AS will convince someone to work with him pro bono, so he'll have to keep working to pay the piper, which means he'll have to pay the Zahaus at least something. Imo, Jonah will wave buh-bye to Adam, cut his losses on this case, get on with his life, and do whatever he can (which really shouldn't be much at this point) to discourage re-opening the case in the future.

I might add that it's not like he's an innocent man fighting for justice...imo.

I might add that it's not like he's an innocent man fighting for justice...imo.

Very true. And let's face it, he's a weirdo. Unless his big bro is for some reason willing to continue to pay the freight, this is going nowhere, imo. My guess is Jonah lit up Webb last night for losing the case and costing him a fortune, thus all Webb's blustering at today's presser. I'm thinking JS would also like to/already has lit up Adam as well for creating this "mess" in his otherwise perfectly botoxed world.

It would be nice if that happens, but Greer said he assumed all along they would appeal if the jury found in favor of the Zahau family. Jonah has money to burn and JMO, his ego will not allow him to accept defeat. He's a narcissist and doesn't like losing. Even though it's his brother's trial, JS has been running the show from the start. From the first hours after RZ's death, he built and sold the case for suicide and he's not about to let anyone change that ruling. He "owns" that suicide ruling and he's not going to part with it easily. It's a matter of personal and family pride to him. It's what his brother, kids, ex-wife, etc all want - to vilify and demean Rebecca in death. It makes them all feel they're atoning Max's death; I think they all blame RZ, though she had nothing to do with it. You could magically produce a video of Max's accidental death and they would all still blame RZ. Take away the "suicide" ruling and they feel it's an injury to Max's memory.

I have a difficult time trying to fathom how they think. They're a very dysfunctional family that insists on blaming and punishing others when anything goes wrong in their lives.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member