Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the infamous sale went through, is JS "working"? He doesn't appear to be the go golfing, take my new child to SeaWorld, hobby guy. IMO, if he is not spending egocentric energy in the business world, he might want to go round 2 with this.
Jonah has at least 2 new companies, one of which is Tiger Moon Group, and he sits on a couple of boards.

It honestly brought a tear to my eye to see them succeed. I have followed this case from day one and never believed she committed suicide. I am so happy for the family. I truly hope to see the case reopened and re-done satisfactorily for all concerned.

It feels to me like it was Dan Webb's 'punishment' to have to go and face the cameras. I do think he was lambasted by Jonah, and he felt so embarrassed that his way of dealing with that was to blame everything else - the jury, the plaintiffs and the system that sanctioned the proceedings.

They are a joke from start to finish. Now they are looking like bully boys.

It feels to me like it was Dan Webb's 'punishment' to have to go and face the cameras. I do think he was lambasted by Jonah, and he felt so embarrassed that his way of dealing with that was to blame everything else - the jury, the plaintiffs and the system that sanctioned the proceedings.

They are a joke from start to finish. Now they are looking like bully boys.
BBM

Bully boys indeed. This case has certainly attracted a similar crowd over the years. Such ugliness with these two. No class, just sounding like street fighters. Adam’s head high, jutting jaw, puffed chest, moving from side to side like a boxer...and the t-shirt to show his “physique”...a real tough guy. Nothing has changed since his “gotta girl...hanged herself” 911 call laced with profanity. Pure anger and arrogance.

I loved how Adam kept interrupting Webb, showing disrespect. And Webb kept desperately stressing how “normal” Adam and Mary are. All their friends in Memphis? So? Many murderers live a faux normal life, dude.

Not one ounce of class, like...”We understand the Zahau’s grief over their tragic loss. However, we expect to be vindicated in the future.” Nope. And no surprise there.
JMO

Webb had plenty of bad things to say about everyone himself, but when Adam got up there and said he was standing tall and these "posers" weren't going to win again -- Dan Webb's head shot up. He looked to me like he was thinking Adam might go completely roque. Obviously, an ugly look by that side, especially stark in comparison to the grace shown by all on the other side.

I agree and echo all you have said Verboten.

What a completely infelicitous, graceless and uncultured performance.

Not only was Webb’s statement a complete and utter mischaracterization of the proceedings, Webb has a duty to demonstrate respect for the legal system and for those who serve it.

He has a duty and obligation to uphold the legal process. Therefore, with this in mind I feel it is absolutely disgraceful that he a) without justification disparages Mr Greer, a consummate professional who was victorious in his case through the appropriate administration of the law and b) condones his clients public, verbal disparagement of a family who have been completely vindicated by the jury’s decision and the administration of justice.

I’m my opinion ...Utterly, utterly disgraceful.

As for Adam Shacknai, that deserves another post in itself....

Just my opinion...

Hey Everyone,

I've received reports that some posters are trying to say there is collusion going on between Jonah and the Sheriff's department. Please tell me those reports are wrong.

If anyone can show me where money changed hands, where Johah promised something in return, ANYTHING with a hint of something illegal taking place I'll gladly look into these accusations and, if the tip is credible, allow the discussion.

It has been suggested that Jonah asked the sheriff to basically "hurry up" with the investigation. That is not illegal. That does not mean money changed hands. If true it does not point to anything even slightly illegal.

Off to check the posts.

Tricia

Keith Greer's post verdict PC. Not all of it, but most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgNnmbEkiQ

Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't have the stomach to watch the defense team's bullish response. I'm content to just read about their continued arrogance, bluster and meanness towards the Zahaus, Greer, the jury etc.

However, I did want to see KG in action. Let me tell you, that man is a class act. His dry wit, poise and level-headed demeanor really shines through. Also his compassion and grace. I loved how he just schooled the defense on their bullying tactics regarding 'malicious prosecution' and 'defamation' using logic and the law. His analogy about the C- paper beating the pretty A+ paper was very apt. The defense was an expensive dream team, the best money and influence could buy and they still lost. It's really heartwarming to me to see that David can still sometimes slay Goliath, with the help of reasonable and responsible citizens doing their civic duty.

Keith Greer's post verdict PC. Not all of it, but most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgNnmbEkiQ

Press conference disgraceful on Webb's part and entertaining and eye opening on the part of Adam and girlfriend. Geez, Webb just keeps making his colleagues shudder I would think. It will be interesting to see if his colleagues start to distance themselves from his performance here in particular.

You mean "Becca" ... right? :facepalm: He may have spoken to her because JS wasn't available, but all the la-dee-da about following his heart and knowing "Becca" as he did, was part of a theatrical performance. Imo

Imp, you have made an extremely valid point.

Well rehearsed, concealed contempt for RZ and her family whilst on the stand IMO

Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't have the stomach to watch the defense team's bullish response. I'm content to just read about their continued arrogance, bluster and meanness towards the Zahaus, Greer, the jury etc.

However, I did want to see KG in action. Let me tell you, that man is a class act. His dry wit, poise and level-headed demeanor really shines through. Also his compassion and grace. I loved how he just schooled the defense on their bullying tactics regarding 'malicious prosecution' and 'defamation' using logic and the law. His analogy about the C- paper beating the pretty A+ paper was very apt. The defense was an expensive dream team, the best money and influence could buy and they still lost. It's really heartwarming to me to see that David can still sometimes slay Goliath, with the help of reasonable and responsible citizens doing their civic duty.

Happy to help. Greer had more to say at the beginning, but this video doesn't include it.

One thing he related was running into Gore while both were at the tv station being interviewed. They spoke to each other. Greer had brought along the knife with Rebecca's fingerprints on the blade to show as evidence. He said he demonstrated it to Gore, how the prints indicated she held the knife behind her back. It started kind of funny when he said "I ran into Gore at the tv station, I had brought the knife with me"...

He said he discussed with Gore his offer to meet with the family to discuss any "new evidence" that came up in their investigation. Greer said he told Gore that he (Greer) will meet with him, but not the family. The impression seemed to be that the family didn't want to meet with Gore.

He was also dismissive of Webb & Adam's threats in their PC. Said Webb has probably given the same speech many times when his client loses.

Hey Everyone,

I've received reports that some posters are trying to say there is collusion going on between Jonah and the Sheriff's department. Please tell me those reports are wrong.

If anyone can show me where money changed hands, where Johah promised something in return, ANYTHING with a hint of something illegal taking place I'll gladly look into these accusations and, if the tip is credible, allow the discussion.

It has been suggested that Jonah asked the sheriff to basically "hurry up" with the investigation. That is not illegal. That does not mean money changed hands. If true it does not point to anything even slightly illegal.

Off to check the posts.

Tricia

Nope, I haven't seen anyone say anything like that. In his PC today, defense attorney Dan Webb was very clear that Adam's defense team and family have always worked closely with the sheriff and continue to support him in his defense of the original investigation.

Here is the link to the defense PC today. Webb makes a very strong statement about their ongoing support of SDSO. Starts around 3:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmNqFMpIk-M

ETA: Posting the link because that prompted some discussion here today. We noticed some similar talking points, etc. Just trying to help out!

So glad to see that Adam Shacknai and Dan Webb have finally come out fighting. Now the real truth will come out.

This was the most miscarriage of justice I have ever witnessed. <modsnip>

Bring on the appeal! :loveyou: :rollercoaster::jumping::juanettes:

So glad to see that Adam Shacknai and Dan Webb have finally come out fighting. Now the real truth will come out.

This was the most miscarriage of justice I have ever witnessed.<modsnip>

Bring on the appeal! :loveyou: :rollercoaster::jumping::juanettes:

Connections? Oh boy, now THAT is a new one. The defense has the connections and money - certainly not the Zahaus.

Unless you mean the many of us that believe that Adam murdered Rebecca. I wouldn't call that connections - it's just a bunch of people that saw it for what it was. Murder. And we were all willing to speak up for it. And that is also how the jury saw it.

No connections on the Zahau side. <modsnip> IMO.

I think even I am only just starting to realize the enormity of what Keith Greer achieved yesterday. It's easy to look only at all the evidence for murder, as sleuths that we are, and not be surprised at the way the votes went. It's much harder IMO to overcome juror's expectations and trust in law enforcement. That is the Everest KG had to climb for them and give them permission to do. Then add in the power of the defense team, and I'm not talking about money power. I'm talking about the witnesses they had at their disposal, the 30-50 officials who worked the case. That they didn't dare to bring out any more of them shows that KG demolished them. Completely. He was capable of making the defense case look very much worse had they carried on, and in my view the jury would not think 30-50 case workers were incompetent. All the power on that side of the courtroom would have taken the case from incompetence or error into the realms of something far more sinister. I think it's likely Jonah saw what was ahead and pulled the plug on the defense. Talks took place that weekend when Lucas was pulled, IMO. It was so evident that all they had left was waffle and misdirection in their closing argument.

JS must know it's a lost cause now. I don't see how an appeal will rescue anything. His smartest move would be to pay off the money awarded to the Zahaus (reputation management) and wash his hands of it. It's not his suit, but I think it will have been a wake up call to him. If AS wants an appeal JS is going to have to fund it, without guarantee of success and all the while this stays in the news with even more exposure.

What KG has done IMO is to ensure that the case can never go away now, with the courtroom footage and the media, even if AS wins an appeal, people have seen the evidence. That can't be squeezed back in the tube. There is no hiding what the SDSO did to the case. I think KG has actually moved a mountain.

I think even I am only just starting to realize the enormity of what Keith Greer achieved yesterday. It's easy to look only at all the evidence for murder, as sleuths that we are, and not be surprised at the way the votes went. It's much harder IMO to overcome juror's expectations and trust in law enforcement. That is the Everest KG had to climb for them and give them permission to do. Then add in the power of the defense team, and I'm not talking about money power. I'm talking about the witnesses they had at their disposal, the 30-50 officials who worked the case. That they didn't dare to bring out any more of them shows that KG demolished them. Completely. He was capable of making the defense case look very much worse had they carried on, and in my view the jury would not think 30-50 case workers were incompetent. All the power on that side of the courtroom would have taken the case from incompetence or error into the realms of something far more sinister. I think it's likely Jonah saw what was ahead and pulled the plug on the defense. Talks took place that weekend when Lucas was pulled, IMO. It was so evident that all they had left was waffle and misdirection in their closing argument.

JS must know it's a lost cause now. I don't see how an appeal will rescue anything. His smartest move would be to pay off the money awarded to the Zahaus (reputation management) and wash his hands of it. It's not his suit, but I think it will have been a wake up call to him. If AS wants an appeal JS is going to have to fund it, without guarantee of success and all the while this stays in the news with even more exposure.

What KG has done IMO is to ensure that the case can never go away now, with the courtroom footage and the media, even if AS wins an appeal, people have seen the evidence. That can't be squeezed back in the tube. There is no hiding what the SDSO did to the case. I think KG has actually moved a mountain.

Excellent post, Tortoise, especially the part I bolded above. I hadn't thought much about that hurdle Greer had to face, but yes it's always difficult to make that case to a jury.

Looking forward to Greer's PC he promised when he will reveal all the evidence. We saw a lot already, but sounds like there was some revealed at the trial that didn't always make it into news reports.

Excellent post, Tortoise, especially the part I bolded above. I hadn't thought much about that hurdle Greer had to face, but yes it's always difficult to make that case to a jury.

Looking forward to Greer's PC he promised when he will reveal all the evidence. We saw a lot already, but sounds like there was some revealed at the trial that didn't always make it into news reports.

Absolutely. There was sparse reporting of plaintiffs' case in the news, frankly.

Bravo, T. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads