Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody think that this info did not make it's way to Jonah Shacknai?
A link to said search warrant please.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Soory, post not directed to you.

just realized this- In her depo DS claimed JS gave Asian honor as a reason for suicide. He denied saying this during his testimony. But according to this article he also said something similar to investigators. Was Greer able to address this in court during cross exam? Or were these the investigators that the defense decided not to call along with the ME?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

Jonah and Dina were at Max’s side when Adam called. Jonah left the room to take the call. When he returned, Dina says, he told her that Rebecca had killed herself, and then he pantomimed stabbing himself in the stomach. “Why?” Dina recalls asking. “Asian honor,” Jonah said.

When investigators from the San Diego County Sheriff ’s Department came to interview Jonah at the hospital that afternoon, he said, “She comes from a true Asian background... they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility.”
Oh, that is Town and Country.
DR's go to. DR's girlfriend is the wife of the interviewer. She uses that rag mag as one of her podiums.

IIRC, when Dina was intially 'interviewed' by the feds that morning Adam 'found a girl, she hung herself', Dina told the investigators Jonah was sobbing. He was devasted.

It wasn't till much later she came out with the Asian Honor BS.

I do NOT give any credence to anything she says. Nada.

DR's go to. DR's girlfriend is the wife of the interviewer. She uses that rag mag as one of her podiums.

IIRC, when Dina was intially 'interviewed' by the feds that morning Adam 'found a girl, she hung herself', Dina told the investigators Jonah was sobbing. He was devasted.

I do not give any credence to anything she says. Nada.

Jeez, your right!!! [emoji3]

Wait. She absolutely shedded on that darn pesky steak knife handle she was horrifically RAPED with right? But no shedding or prints on the blade? Hmmm.

But not on the paint tube, brush, or door knob going into that hideous hanging room. Or the balcony door and it's knob.

What about the light switch???

room or door knob on balcony door?

Only explanation must be she sheds when she wants and doesn't when doesn't want to ???

"the girl" must have out of this special powers !!!!

I've seen no evidence RZ was raped with the steak knife. iirc, there was testimony that she had a cut finger.

Was Rebecca's DNA found at the spot where the door had been wiped?

Wright said she dusted the door frame, balcony doors, a metal bed frame, a paint tube and two knives in the guest bedroom. The noose around Zahau’s neck was fastened on one end to the foot of the bed and draped over the balcony railing.

She found Zahau’s prints on all of the objects, she said.

Plaintiff’s attorney C. Keith Greer has said some surfaces appeared to have been wiped down before authorities got to the house.

Wright testified that she saw no evidence anything had been wiped down.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-shacknai-fingerprints-20180321-story.html

I think DR just wants peace. There’s no benefit to her continuing to be in this media storm. When she and her sister were dropped from the case, her last tie to JS was gone. He can battle this out alone.

DR’s child is dead. Even if, out of the media, she blames RZ...RZ is dead too. That’s all the “justice”she will ever get...because the authorities would not open her case again either.

Years have passed. She received a very generous divorce settlement...wasnt it millions of dollars? She can’t bring her little boy back. Why should she make public statements involving herself in what now is only a Shacknai-Zahau media and legal war?

She wants privacy. Only her closest family and friends know what she really thinks.

I wish DR peace and as much happiness as this life can provide her.

I too wish Dina peace.

Dina has talked some. I bolded the parts I find especially interesting.

The Zahau family’s suit thrust the sisters back into the unforgiving glare of internet speculation. “I was getting death threats on my Facebook page,” Dina tells me. She says she would like to join forces with the Zahau family now that they’re not accusing her of murder, but she says she has been rebuffed in her efforts to do so. The only upside of fighting the suit for nearly four years has been that she has become aware of evidence she might not have known about otherwise.

Dina made a point of attending or listening to every deposition, and looking at all manner of videos, recordings, statements, and other kinds of documents. She has pored over photos taken at the scene of Max’s “accident” like a JFK conspiracy buff looking at the Zapruder film. Using her training as a child psychologist, Dina has weighed a number of theories and developed an eye for inconsistencies and unanswered questions.

Like, why did Rebecca scream at her sister Xena at the end of her 911 call, as paramedics stood on the porch, “Don’t open that door!” Was she aware of some danger she hadn’t shared with her? Why did the police ignore a neighbor two doors from the mansion who told them she heard a woman crying for help at 11:30 the night Rebecca died?
Though Dina once suspected that Rebecca had been involved in Max’s death, she doesn’t believe that now. “I don’t have reason to believe that Rebecca killed Max,” Dina said in June. “Who would assault a six-year-old boy?” Dina thinks that there may have been someone else in the house whom the police never investigated.

Nor does she believe that Rebecca killed herself or that Adam was responsible. Rebecca’s death, she says, was the result of what attorney Anne Bremner called “rage and planning,” and there is no evidence that Adam knew her well enough to hate her. For her part, Nina wonders, “Does Adam know more than he’s saying? I just don’t know.”

Dina believes the deaths are inextricably linked, and any light shed on one may answer questions about the other.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

Jeez, your right!!! [emoji3]

Wait. She absolutely shedded on that darn pesky steak knife handle she was horrifically RAPED with right? But no shedding or prints on the blade? Hmmm.

But not on the paint tube, brush, or door knob going into that hideous hanging room. Or the balcony door and it's knob.

What about the light switch???

room or door knob on balcony door?

Only explanation must be she sheds when she wants and doesn't when doesn't want to ???

"the girl" must have out of this special powers !!!!

I do NOT give any credence to anything she says. Nada.

Good to know about the magazine bias. Thanks.
I was just wondering if it was confirmed that JA had also made this comment to detectives and if so, was it addressed in court? Because it obviously makes JS look like a liar during testimony if this is the case.

I've seen no evidence RZ was raped with the steak knife. iirc, there was testimony that she had a cut finger.

Caitlyn Rother has been attending the trial and posted this on her facebook page:

The DNA analyst said that testing items for vaginal blood or oral swabs for DNA should show the presence of far more epithelial cells than if someone just touched the items. The count on Rebecca's oral swab was 600 nanograms. The swab of the knife handle which the plaintiff claims Shacknai used to sexually assault Rebecca, who was menstruating, before killing her? Only 35 nanograms

So there was no rape with a knife handle. It seems that is a total fabrication by Mr. Greer.

He actually did say this when first being questioned by detectives and changed his story in court testimony.

iirc, AS never said anything about knots. If he had loosened the knots, he wouldn't have needed to run inside the house to get a steak knife to cut her down.

Caitlyn Rother has been attending the trial and posted this on her facebook page:

So there was no rape with a knife handle. It seems that is a total fabrication by Mr. Greer.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

I do. My interest in “true crime”began with being an “insider” in the Duke Lacrosse Hoax. From the start, big Media presented the most biased, inaccurate and one sided coverage...literally a media lynch mob.

Their power to drive a narrative was frightening. Of course, eventually the DA was disbarred and spent a night in jail, the False Accuser set fire to an apartment , got off...and then murdered the man who was supporting her. She is now in jail.

Yes, the Zahaus have had much power...since the prime time autopsy.

If you think the rich and powerful can't make things happen that the average person could not then you are naive IMO.

Money rules this world. ALL mainstream media is owned by a small handful of ultra rich people and they push their agendas. In the Duke case the media jumped on it to stoke the horrible racial tensions in this country. Is it powerful, yes, but who do you think is running the show?

That Dr. Phil bit was nothing and didn't raise much money. It's sad they had to go that route at all, but they were desperate and needed the money to get answers. It's not like they got some kind of big power through it. I don't know where you are getting that at all.

If you think the rich and powerful can't make things happen that the average person could not then you are naive IMO.

Money rules this world. ALL mainstream media is owned by a small handful of ultra rich people and they push their agendas. In the Duke case the media jumped on it to stoke the horrible racial tensions in this country. Is it powerful, yes, but who do you think is running the show?

That Dr. Phil bit was nothing and didn't raise much money. It's sad they had to go that route at all, but they were desperate and needed the money to get answers. It's not like they got some kind of big power through it. I don't know where you are getting that at all.

iirc, Dr. Phil aired the program during Sweeps. He did it for ratings and Dr. Wecht obliged.

just realized this- In her depo DS claimed JS gave Asian honor as a reason for suicide. He denied saying this during his testimony. But according to this article he also said something similar to investigators. Was Greer able to address this in court during cross exam? Or were these the investigators that the defense decided not to call along with the ME?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

Jonah and Dina were at Max’s side when Adam called. Jonah left the room to take the call. When he returned, Dina says, he told her that Rebecca had killed herself, and then he pantomimed stabbing himself in the stomach. “Why?” Dina recalls asking. “Asian honor,” Jonah said.

When investigators from the San Diego County Sheriff ’s Department came to interview Jonah at the hospital that afternoon, he said, “She comes from a true Asian background... they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility.”

BBM - good point!

I tend to believe DS taking into consideration JS said to investigators “She comes from a true Asian background... they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility”. JS also called Rebecca his “Asian princess”.

JS was interviewed by Det. Norton and Det. Palmer on the 13th. According to Det. Tsuida in her probable cause in SW 11-164. On the 15th, JS was re-interviewed by Det. Tsuida and Det. Norton.

Det. Tsuida did take the stand as a witness, I do not believe Det. Norton nor Palmer took the stand. It was not mentioned in her testimony. It would be aggravating if this was a question attorney Greer had prepared to ask and it was one of the defense witnesses that were cut! In my opinion I believe attorney Greer would’ve asked Det. Tsuida if it had been said during her interview. We may be able to see a list of defense witnesses in the WDS overview thread.

SW 11-164-
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_11-164.pdf

Asian honor & background-
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...6/shaknai-deaths-mystery-coronado-california/

Asian Princess-
http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

Oops, missed a bit

Plaintiff’s attorney C. Keith Greer has said some surfaces appeared to have been wiped down before authorities got to the house.

Wright testified that she saw no evidence anything had been wiped down. But then Greer asked specifically about a section of the balcony door that appeared, in a photo, to have little or no black fingerprint dust stuck to it.

The expert agreed that it could have, in fact, been wiped by someone wanting to remove traces of his or her fingers.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-shacknai-fingerprints-20180321-story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist