Rebecca Zahau Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He keeps referring to AS as a "sexual pervert" because that's what Greer hinted at. I don't think it's a good strategy, but IANAL.

Try this - go here: https://www.10news.com/

Click on the FB icon on the right

On the FB page, scroll down till you see the video of this case and click it and see if it works

Thanks! I’ve done that. I think my iPhone and iPad are the problem. It says I need flash player, which iPad doesn’t support. I’ll catch it on the reruns.:)

I can't believe the judge cut off Greer's closing arguments to break for lunch. That was... unfortunate.
Did he not get to finish after lunch?

I've only just tuned in to the live feed and I was hoping to catch up on the end of Greer's closing later.

Did they actually say that Adam stole Rebecca's clothes? The defense just said Mary accused Adam of stealing the "missing" clothes. He's really focusing on the fact they said Adam stole the clothes. The defense lawyer is touting how he was the one that brought to the attention the clothes on a heap on the floor of the closet. He is really going on about the photo with the clothes in a pile on the floor.

Why are the clothes being "found" such a big deal?

Did they actually say that Adam stole Rebecca's clothes? The defense just said Mary accused Adam of stealing the "missing" clothes. He's really focusing on the fact they said Adam stole the clothes. The defense lawyer is touting how he was the one that brought to the attention the clothes on a heap on the floor of the closet. He is really going on about the photo with the clothes in a pile on the floor.

Is this the best defense that money can buy? :)

Thanks for the summaries.

Weird how much time he is using on the clothes...seems to be sandbagging. Well he doesn’t have much else.

Now talking about how there's nothing in AS's life to indicate he would do what he's accused of.

Like all murderers must have done it before, like they had these circumstances and motives to avenge every day...

He is now saying that he wants to talk about Adam. Who is Adam Shacknai? He says. He wants us to get a chance to know Adam.

Hmmm, sounds like some points we brought up lately. We know nothing about Adam. Now he is saying Adam is honest and sincere and would never do this. He is saying there is nothing in the "man's" background that would cause him to do this. Doing a run thru of Adam's life and what a stellar guy he is. Weird. I guess he can just opine on this. He just tried to point out Mary (the girlfriend) and there was an objection, which was sustained.

I guess it is a just "trust me", Adam is normal and stable.

Just said Adam has 4 different licenses. Can take a boat out into the ocean even. Has to keep these licenses up to date. Yet, NOTHING about knots.

Exactly what I thought! If I'm a juror, I'm thinking, "And so what, about the clothes? We've still got a dead woman and he's the only one who was around that night."

Oopsie, he just tried to re-introduce Adam's elderly girlfriend, Greer objected, judge sustained.

He's now going on about Adam's sterling character. Problem is, there's really no way to draw a Norman Rockwell picture of this particular tugboat captain.

Now he's emphasizing all AS's licenses. Amazing a guy with so many nautical-related licenses can't tie a nautical knot.

Oh, she's here today, hello Mary! objection.

As if Webb didn't know that would be objectionable.

I think his point spending so much time on the discovered clothes may be to discredit plantiffs statements since at first they were thought to be missing. And his repeated use of “pervert” just may lock that word into the heads of jurors. IMO

And sorry that some of my posts seem a bit jumbled. I'm trying to listen and type at the same time :)

With my bias for the Zahaus acknowledged, I still think this closing is el stinko. He's all over the place, jumping back and forth between topics, and his I-am-outraged tone of voice is really grating on the ears. imo

Webb has a good reputation apparently, but I'm not picking up the charisma...

Did he not get to finish after lunch?

I've only just tuned in to the live feed and I was hoping to catch up on the end of Greer's closing later.
If he did, I didn't see it. I think she called time and that was it. He gets 2 turns though.

Uh, he is going thru the time line and said Max was "thrown" off the railing. Then amended to say something along the lines of went over.

Geez. Wish this fella would pick a lane and get in it. I'm getting dizzy. "Begin with the end in mind," Mr. Defense Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton